Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nvining posted:

(I shouldn't reply to this, but I really wonder with the state of modern gaming being what it is: who said anything about "or"?)

Excuse me! Early access has led to some of the most hilarious anger from nerds ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Geokinesis posted:

You'll be selling us pitchforks?

Naw, we're giving them away! However, you have to stick your wallet on these sticks and use them as your torch for this angry mob.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

Excuse me! Early access has led to some of the most hilarious anger from nerds ever.

So has kickstarter, modern gaming is...

Weird.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Nvining has been rambling all evening about the focus groups and market testing and how they had to re-innovate core synergies to reach broader markets of casual gamers and leverage the social cloud gaming platform. Around midnight he announced the Gaslamp office is now The Discordant Fumarole of Splenetic Ciphers. Then stuffed the toaster with long pork and hair and scurried under a pile of broken keyboards.

I'm pretty sure Dbaumgart had put his name on that hair.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

LtSmash posted:

Nvining has been rambling all evening about the focus groups and market testing and how they had to re-innovate core synergies to reach broader markets of casual gamers and leverage the social cloud gaming platform. Around midnight he announced the Gaslamp office is now The Discordant Fumarole of Splenetic Ciphers. Then stuffed the toaster with long pork and hair and scurried under a pile of broken keyboards.

I'm pretty sure Dbaumgart had put his name on that hair.

Wait, where do you guys get long pork? I've been looking through my local butcher shops but they all just give me A Look when I ask.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Volmarias posted:

Wait, where do you guys get long pork? I've been looking through my local butcher shops but they all just give me A Look when I ask.

Orphanages.

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006

Volmarias posted:

Starting a petition to insert not so subtly disguised copies of League of Gentlemen characters into the game. I mean Hillary Briss's Special Stuff is right up the game's alley.

Annoying Question
Feb 18, 2011
http://clockworkempires.com/ So earliest access is this Friday, July 18th. Seems to have been posted a bit early, since the blog post isn't up yet.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Sorry, what's that? I clicked that link and next thing I knew my monitor was covered in runes written in blood, and my credit card had been stapled to the screen with 'HE COMES' written over it.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Sky Shadowing posted:

Sorry, what's that? I clicked that link and next thing I knew my monitor was covered in runes written in blood, and my credit card had been stapled to the screen with 'HE COMES' written over it.

Oh do you have Discover?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

The announcement isn't up yet it seems :sweatdrop:

I want to know if the 30$ is an EA price or if it goes up/down or what!

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Annoying Question posted:

http://clockworkempires.com/ So earliest access is this Friday, July 18th. Seems to have been posted a bit early, since the blog post isn't up yet.

Well that's my birthday present to myself sorted. :toot: And to think I was going to buy socks and ties.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Kinda confused as to why they're doing an Earliest Access but whatever, got that poo poo.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Ahahaha, what the hell is this? Seems like a hell of a coincidence, maybe the Gaslamp guys should check and see if any of the eldritch abominations hanging around their office have a law degree.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Nevermind, the dude's a priest; I'm sure he'd never intentionally steal game ideas, that would be a sin.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

1stGear posted:

Kinda confused as to why they're doing an Earliest Access but whatever, got that poo poo.
I'm guessing it's an Alpha state they only want enthusiasts to see not the general public.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

I'd wager most of these questions are answered in the blog post, but the site updating earlier than intended has caused some confusion.

Lammy!
Jul 3, 2004

WHAT TIME IS IT!?
Just threw money at Gaslamp, so hard.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

1stGear posted:

I'd imagine its something of "Oh god we only checked if it boots on ours and our < 100 testers systems. What if there are huge technical problems on some common setup we managed to miss?" or "We're really hungry and need food money but its not quite ready to go public." But really we all know its this.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Oh hell yes. Getting in on that. Friday can't get here fast enough.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Welp, I know what I'm doing on Friday.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I have an Intel HD4000 :(

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
My rig is an intel core 2 quad q6600, does it mean I can't go to the colonies? :ohdear:

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Money = thrown. Pity that summer semester finals are next week; I'm just going to have to flunk.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Wasn't dredmor like 15 bucks? 30 seems a bit steep for what is essentially a late alpha/super early beta.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Goodbye money, hello probable early access burnout!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

derriere demons posted:

Wasn't dredmor like 15 bucks? 30 seems a bit steep for what is essentially a late alpha/super early beta.

Clockwork Empires is significantly more complex than Dredmor was at launch and also almost certainly took more money to make.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Paid my money though mainly to support the development. Probably going to only play a couple of hours or so until it's further along.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think Steam also kind of works with developers on pricing. I'm not sure how much of a hand they have in it, but they likely have the numbers to support $30 as being the right price for it.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Heliotic posted:

Well that's my birthday present to myself sorted. :toot: And to think I was going to buy socks and ties.

Same. Two weeks early but oh well :v:
I wasn't following the development closely recently because :work:, but I could use a few days long break from coding. I wonder why all my structs have _QUAGGAROTH tag now though...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
As far as bug reporting goes, where will the appropriate place be?

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Blog post is here https://www.gaslampgames.com/2014/07/16/clockwork-empires-earliest-access/

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Friday, July 18th means midnight the day of and not even a millisecond later right?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I would assume there isn't given that we are paying for it, but the early access won't have any kind of NDA will it?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Er, asking for a 'friend', but do you have a Mac version planned?

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

CE blog posted:

COMING SUMMER 2014 FOR
WINDOWS, MAC & LINUX
I guess so.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

From the comments on the blog:
Admin Daniel Jacobsen says:
July 16, 2014 at 10:31 am
Earliest access does not include Mac support. It’s just not quite where we want it to be. We’re hoping to have it ready for Early Access in August, but we can’t promise it.

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance
I will now answer questions:

Hav posted:

Er, asking for a 'friend', but do you have a Mac version planned?

Yes. It kind of runs on Micah's machine, but we're up to our neck in OpenGL compatibility issues.

AndroidHub posted:

I would assume there isn't given that we are paying for it, but the early access won't have any kind of NDA will it?

Nope! You will be able to Spread The Gospel of Quag'garoth.

Saint Freak posted:

Friday, July 18th means midnight the day of and not even a millisecond later right?

"about 10 AM PST"

Eonwe posted:

As far as bug reporting goes, where will the appropriate place be?

We will be putting up new forums at http://www.gaslampgames.com with a bugplace for bugstuff.

derriere demons posted:

Dredmor was $4.99. :) We struggled a bit with setting price, but ultimately we think it's about right.

Angry Lobster posted:

My rig is an intel core 2 quad q6600, does it mean I can't go to the colonies? :ohdear:

I'm not sure, to be honest, but I suspect you will be taking the slow boat. Drop me an e-mail at ... well, you'll find it in this thread... and let's do a performance test.

Goodpancakes posted:

I have an Intel HD4000 :(

I am so sorry.

LtSmash posted:

I'd imagine its something of "Oh god we only checked if it boots on ours and our < 100 testers systems. What if there are huge technical problems on some common setup we managed to miss?" or "We're really hungry and need food money but its not quite ready to go public." But really we all know its this.

Yep! Basically both of these things. Also that picture has shown up on the Internet today with terrible timing.

1stGear posted:

"It's like Inception, Morty, so if it’s confusing and stupid then so is everyone’s favorite movie!”

LtSmash posted:

Oh do you have Discover?

(And this one made me spill coffee on myself laughing. Good job.)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Rick and Morty references confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

LtSmash posted:

Oh do you have Discover?

Bit late but have to :golfclap: this, it was perfect.

I am eagerly looking forward to Friday so that I can experience HIS GLORY Clockwork Empires myself.

• Locked thread