Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mr.capps posted:

that is not what i read in your diary!

funtalk: I had a diary growing up and it's the gayest thing in history. my sister and I found it when we were both home awhile back and laughed ourselves silly finding entries like "Dear diary: Cybill was sooooo funny tonight!" and the like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
in gay baby poque's defense, cybill probably WAS very funny that night.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I will confirm that Poque's diary reads: "BHB is super dreamy" with many, many handdrawn hearts surrounding the statement.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
it says "BHB is super scummy" with many, many handdrawn farts surrounding the statement.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lalalala

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi Poque

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
here's a reminder that BHB thinks it's less likely that a roleblocker hit a vanilla N1 than ardy being an un-cc'd cop in a game with an existing miller claim

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
here's another reminder that BHB wants you to think that he liked Skinty to try to draw up suspicion on me, but a quick reading of his brief post history shows him including Skinty in his proposed scumteam

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmUzdNLDLmI

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'll hammer in 4 minutes.

I have an alarm set.

ANY NOTES?!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
note: i am going to shave my beard off tonight.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poque posted:

I hate that you're mad at Capps about leading lynches but are trying to move the lynch in another direction when there's a supremely obvious candidate otherwise.

"i'm not confident i can trust him" is odd. Why would you ever feel confident about trusting anybody

I'm not mad at Capps, I think he's scummy. I dislike your phrasing there, it makes my argument seem less legitimate.

Who is the supremely obvious candidate? If you mean BHB I think he's town. Scum don't stick to a bad policy lynch when it's getting them heat and they don't give their thoughts on every player in the game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poque posted:

note: i am going to shave my beard off tonight.

Don't you loving dare.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
that is the point of his post, to make your argument seem less legitmate

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sentences that start with "Scum don't" are bad sentences.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CCKeane posted:

Don't you loving dare.

i'm leaving the moustache

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote BHB

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
unless the sentence is "SCUM, DON'T!!!" and you're begging BHB to not nightkill an orphaned baby

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Poque posted:

Sentences that start with "Scum don't" are bad sentences.

Scum don't know how to feel love.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

It was Wednesday morning at North Shore High and the entirety of the Junior year was gathered in school hall for assembly.

"...And of course we must all extend a hearty round of applause to our lacrosse team," Mr. Duvall announced. "They're 6-0 loss to Southcliffe High had the lowest injury rate to an opposition team in four years. Congratulations, girls. Now if only you could show such gentleness off the pitch we'll be in for a good school year." The hall whimpered with a smattering of applause. "However, I'm sad to say that we have to finish on a more serious matter."

He pulled a cloth off of a large object that stood at the back of a stage. "For those of you who can't see this, somebody has defaced this toilet cubicle door with images of Coach Carr with a butt for a face with a speech balloon that says - and I quote - 'I am stinky butty buttface'. Stop laughing!" The giggles that had erupted from the students went silent. "Rest assured, the school takes this transgression very seriously. That's three years of Coach Carr's therapy down the drain. Barehanded Brother, please come forward."

Upon hearing her name, she stepped out from the crowd and walked to the stage with trembling legs.

"Do you perhaps know how this happened?" Mr. Duvall asked her.

"No, sir. It's nothing to do with me," she replied.

"Miss, shall I direct you to this signature written on the bottom of the... artwork that says 'This was not drawn by Barehanded Brother'."

She smiled weakly. "I think that story checks out?"

Mr. Duvall glared.

"Detention. Now."

Barehanded Brother a.k.a. KAREN SMITH, Plastic Goon has been lynched on D3. It is now N3, you have 24 hours to send in your night actions.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina a.k.a. MRS. GEORGE, Town Miller has been burned on N3.

It is now D4. With 8 players alive it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is 19th July, 9pm EST.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

nobody is bad in southland tales

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:ghost:

I told you I was Amy Poehler :v:

Go town!

:ghost:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
:munch:

Oh hey guys Amy Poehler here what's going on...

Rarity posted:

Asiina a.k.a. MRS. GEORGE, Town Miller has been burned on N3.

It is now D4. With 8 players alive it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is 19th July, 9pm EST.

:stonk:

:munch:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I kind of want to die just to get one of those burn posts

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'm like 95% sure it's capps and FV.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Welp, seems like votefinder is down so I can't start D4 on there :smith:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
BHB's flip makes me feel stronger about capps than anybody else at this point, mainly because BHB worked very hard to try to get a lynch on Capps AFTER connecting him to myself and Ardy, who I am also reading as townie at this point.

Linking capps to myself (ne้ McEdger):

Barehanded Brother posted:

Also, this post (referring to capps):

looks a lot like throwing a lifeline to a scumbuddy - there's a dozen other ways to ask that question without lobbing a softball to capps, but if you're newbie scum, that's exactly how you'd phrase it.

Linking capps to Ardy (Same post):

I didn't care before, but after the deadline turbo I'm way more certain capps is scum with Ardulac. Look at this exchange:

(...)

and tell me that doesn't look like awkward distancing to you. Then, Ardulac is nowhere to be found even after he posts:

his last post of the day, before capps decides "things feel too organized" and starts the turbo on Jam, ostensibly to make the lynch look more organic than whatever he and Ardulac were "organizing".

But he never tries any sort of thing linking Ardy to me.

This post stands out GREATLY in this line of thinking:

and before people ask me again why I'm still voting capps instead of Ardulac, I'll gladly vote Ardulac but I've got a better feeling about capps. I'd also vote Skinty but that's a much more conjectural case based off one post and trusting Keane's gut.

Without any sort of prompting he pushes defensively toward his vote on Capps - basically he worked to push connections to his known scumbro before bussing him, knowing that the cases become stronger once Capps flips scum. Gets town confident with a dead scum Capps to try to take out two townies with the following lynches.

##vote capps' mom's chest hair

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
before i ruin it too much here was final D3 votecount

Votecount for Day 3

Barehanded Brother (6): Asiina, Ardulac, greatZebu, Poque, mr.capps, mr.capps, mr.capps, CCKeane
mr.capps (2): fiery_valkyrie, Opopanax
Ardulac (1): Barehanded Brother
greatZebu (1): CCKeane, Tremendous Taste, mr.capps, mr.capps, CCKeane
fiery_valkyrie (0): Poque, Poque

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 15th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poque posted:

i'm like 95% sure it's capps and FV.

I agree. At least with capps

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's also FV too. remember the "light bussing" thing i threw out last day? that's still a thing. especially since it was a mini-argument and FV ended the day all "i don't think bhb is scum"

I want to know what happened between here:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think this is a scummy post. He's voting for Capps, but spends way more of his time explaining his reasoning for thinking Ardulac is scum. BHB doesn't even seem to think Capps is scum, he just hates it when people say they're scum on D1.

##vote BHB

and here (emphasis mine):

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm not mad at Capps, I think he's scummy. I dislike your phrasing there, it makes my argument seem less legitimate.

Who is the supremely obvious candidate? If you mean BHB I think he's town. Scum don't stick to a bad policy lynch when it's getting them heat and they don't give their thoughts on every player in the game.

That last sentence was bad before BHB's flip and it's still bad now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I thought she made a really organic case on me but on a reread it sounds fake and bandwagony so maybe I'm wrong.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Either way Capps is more obvi

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hmm
"im going to point out two scummy guys, one who is dead and scum, and vote the guy mention by both of those scummy guys"
ok

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Tremendous Taste, please come out to play. I'd especially like to know your thoughts about capps and fv.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

I'm trying to think of reasons that the scum would have chosen to kill Asiina, given that she was very unlikely to have a power role. I haven't come up with any great ideas, though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

greatZebu posted:

I'm trying to think of reasons that the scum would have chosen to kill Asiina, given that she was very unlikely to have a power role. I haven't come up with any great ideas, though.

hmm tell me if you do zebu

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hey zebu

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
a while ago you mention you were trying to think of any reasons why scum would kill asiina

i dunno i was just wondering if you came up with anything yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

still thinking, but feel free to let me know if you have some idea. I'd think normally a claimed miller is around the bottom of the list of townies to kill.

• Locked thread