Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

Irish Joe doing the Lord's work.

Which Lord I don't know. But some Lord.

Hail Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

I figured it was obvious when I asked that I looked and couldn't find it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I figured it was obvious when I asked that I looked and couldn't find it.

Here ya go!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650222

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Thanks Deadpool!

E: and occupation e pluribus anus for completing your mod challenges

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So this is a thing that's premiering tonight on VH1: "Dating Naked."

I guess I have to hand it to them for taking dating reality shows to their logical conclusion. I look forward to the brave new world of reality shows with a "naked people" twist that Naked and Afraid has heralded upon us.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
There's also a naked real estate show on one of the cable networks.

Naked reality shows are now a TV subgenre. We've arrived, people.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Pfft, it's not like you see anything worth seeing, or worth bleaching your eyes over.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

hcreight posted:

There's also a naked real estate show on one of the cable networks.

Naked reality shows are now a TV subgenre. We've arrived, people.

You know, Fox turned into a hardcore sex channel so gradually, I didn't even notice.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

That was quick.

Microsoft is shuttering Xbox Entertainment Studios. So, Xbox is going to be out of the original content game before they really even got started.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

bull3964 posted:

That was quick.

Microsoft is shuttering Xbox Entertainment Studios. So, Xbox is going to be out of the original content game before they really even got started.

Wow, I'm sure the lukewarm reaction at E3 was the final nail in the coffin.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There was talk earlier in the year of Microsoft selling off Xbox entirely. I guess this is how they chose to downsize instead.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

bull3964 posted:

That was quick.

Microsoft and the Xbone's continued implosion is incredible even if Games does :regd08: about it.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
You'd think that'd be where they'd want to focus since neither Google nor Apple have a major foothold in video games, and those things still make money.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So is Powers dead then?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

So is Powers dead then?

I thought Powers is Sony?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

comes along bort posted:

You'd think that'd be where they'd want to focus since neither Google nor Apple have a major foothold in video games, and those things still make money.

Uh iOS is huge for gaming

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Microsoft and the Xbone's continued implosion is incredible even if Games does :regd08: about it.

I don't know if it's so much that. Everything that's happening right now with Microsoft and XB1 really is schadenfreude ambrosia, even as it's passed its peak. (The peak, of course, being XB1 godfather Don Mattrick jumping ship to Zynga.) I think the problem with the way Games approaches the subject is how they use it as an excuse to jerk off about the possible death of the home console market. Regardless of the merit of such a concept, it's loving annoying all the same.

Other than that, though, Microsoft's last year and a half may as well be Silicon Valley as written by Armando Iannuci. I enjoy it accordingly.

EDIT: And yes, Powers is Sony and the show is set to premiere in December, though it's curious that I haven't heard poo poo about the cast or crew. May have overlooked it though.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 17, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought Powers is Sony?

Yes, Powers is a Sony thing that's going to air through PSN.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

comes along bort posted:

Actually, due to the incredibly short lifecycle of the original Xbox (they called the third Xbox the Xbox One) and the legendary hardware problems of the 360, Microsoft has yet to make a profit on the Xbox brand.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Yes, Powers is a Sony thing that's going to air through PSN.

And it's being handled by Sony Pictures Television, who aren't going anywhere.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DivisionPost posted:

EDIT: And yes, Powers is Sony and the show is set to premiere in December, though it's curious that I haven't heard poo poo about the cast or crew. May have overlooked it though.

They just announced today that Susan Heyward was cast as a lead.

e: Max Fowler and Adam Godley were also cast in major roles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also cast the department captain, and a character new for the show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy crap, Lucy Punch (hilarious British chick in Ben and Kate, amongst many other things) is the female lead. I'm in! I should probably read all the rest of the comics I never got around to as well.

edit: and David Slade is directing the pilot. Y'all remember the last show he did that for, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bown posted:

Holy crap, Lucy Punch (hilarious British chick in Ben and Kate, amongst many other things) is the female lead. I'm in! I should probably read all the rest of the comics I never got around to as well.

edit: and David Slade is directing the pilot. Y'all remember the last show he did that for, right?

Lucy Punch was in the original pilot. She's gone now.

The cast list on Wikipedia is the old one. They're all gone.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

I don't know if it's so much that. Everything that's happening right now with Microsoft and XB1 really is schadenfreude ambrosia, even as it's passed its peak.

I like laughing at the Bone as much as anyone, but it's not a good thing at all if MS drops out of the console market. That leaves zero competition for Sony and we all know how that works out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Have you forgotten the Ouya?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

raditts posted:

So this is a thing that's premiering tonight on VH1: "Dating Naked."

I guess I have to hand it to them for taking dating reality shows to their logical conclusion. I look forward to the brave new world of reality shows with a "naked people" twist that Naked and Afraid has heralded upon us.

And now the world is falling apart. Coincidence? I doubt it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

comes along bort posted:

Yeah, but nobody gives a poo poo about a Halo TV series.

Deadpool posted:

And now the world is falling apart. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Who knew that "naked reality shows" would be the thing to break the seventh seal.

raditts fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 17, 2014

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Lucy Punch was in the original pilot. She's gone now.

The cast list on Wikipedia is the old one. They're all gone.

oh drat :( I did think I'd seen Jason Patric's name attached before. Still though, Slade!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

I like laughing at the Bone as much as anyone, but it's not a good thing at all if MS drops out of the console market. That leaves zero competition for Sony and we all know how that works out.

nintendo has always made the only games worth buying

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

scary ghost dog posted:

nintendo has always made the only games worth buying

Dude, this is going to blow your mind, I'm from the future, and Y2K totally doesn't happen!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He's right, in a way. And Mario Kart 8 is the game of the year so far.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bown posted:

He's right, in a way. And Mario Kart 8 is the game of the year so far.

That says more for how lame this year has been.

Also Far Cry 4 isn't out yet so.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nintendo has Mario which automatically means any other video game system can only hope to compete for second place.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

IRQ posted:

Yea the ps2 era was terrible.

And it looks like they are still doing the Halo tv show, but that is the only thing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

Nintendo has Mario which automatically means any other video game system can only hope to compete for second place.

Well you people seem to be keeping them alive, but this really isn't relevant as Nintendo doesn't compete for the market Sony and MS have which was my point in the first place.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hell yeah I purchased a Wii U. Amazing fun.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

Dude, this is going to blow your mind, I'm from the future, and Y2K totally doesn't happen!

Once again your a dumb idiot

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

scary ghost dog posted:

Once again your a dumb idiot

Are you saying Y2K happened?

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

That says more for how lame this year has been.

Also Far Cry 4 isn't out yet so.

Neither of these are bad points either. Far Cry 4 looks awesome.

For TV talk, I just finished Masters of Sex season 1, and it seriously got about ten times better in the last two episodes. What a great show! Happy I can go straight into season 2.

• Locked thread