Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heskie
Aug 10, 2002
My pro in Fifa 13 was 6"4 and hella strong. I'd laugh as I pushed over all the spazzy 65 rated non-pro defenders and scored a ridiculous amount of goals for our team.

Not been able to do that this year, but all my mates will have a PS4 come September so I'm crossing my fingers Fifa 15 isn't total trash (haha yeah right)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

emanresu tnuocca posted:

That's stupid and wrong. It might be true in FIFA14 with the lovely first touches but in 13 it was perfectly manageable to play with tall strong lads and I had hundreds of goals as center forward doing my thing. It's funny that Haag would claim I was terrible to play with given that he would only agree to play a 6'4 striker (and would throw poo poo fits if people forced him off of 'his' position) himself and would constantly try to dribble past players and run off to the wings to do god knows what, at least I had the decency (and elementary understanding of football) to actually wait around the box and play pivot.

It might also be worth pointing out, to keep the sperg going, that while Haag claims I only configured my pro as a 6'7 striker and 'forced myself' upon the team I would actually switch positions quite often and played whatever spot was available, I would play a 5'2 winger as often as I would play a 6'7 striker, I would also play as an average sized CAM/DM and even in defense a bunch of times, unlike some other guys.

But seriously who gives a poo poo, I had no intentions of playing with you guys ever again anyway.

A 5'2 winger? A 6'7 striker? Do you just like being a total rear end in a top hat to your team mates? Or are you just so bad a player that you can only play by being wacky

Sounds like you wouldnt have had a choice of playing with goons again, ugh, knowing this kind of stuff has been going on with the playstation team is really making me consider buying an xbox one.

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

None of that stuff goes on in FIFA 14. He is just a really bad player. He could only score goals by sprinting past people as a midget or sitting in the box waiting for headers as a 6'7 Frankenstein. He's terrible at this version because he doesn't know how to use the first touch controls.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
cool lies dude.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

lolsonic posted:

None of that stuff goes on in FIFA 14. He is just a really bad player. He could only score goals by sprinting past people as a midget or sitting in the box waiting for headers as a 6'7 Frankenstein. He's terrible at this version because he doesn't know how to use the first touch controls.

We had a few of those on the Xbox too, idiots thinking pace with no strength or height with no speed was good.

Glad he's banned from the goon team.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

lolsonic posted:

No excuse to not know how to use the first touch controls. Embarrassing.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

Sounds like you wouldnt have had a choice of playing with goons again, ugh, knowing this kind of stuff has been going on with the playstation team is really making me consider buying an xbox one.

There really isn't that much in-fighting on PS4, we generally get along pretty well, to be honest. Every so often someone gets mad, myself included, but that'll happen when you play drat near every day. We usually let people know what's bothering us though, which helps.

I will say that all I ever heard about 360 Parmos is that they were bad and didn't play regularly, so going with Xbox One in search of Pro Clubs might be rough. That said, I have this weird feeling 15 is going to have too many people. Playing with 8-10 people is cool, but it can be insanely frustrating

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

African AIDS cum posted:

No excuse to not know how to use the first touch controls. Embarrassing.

That's lies and nonsense, I haven't even played 14 with those guys, who btw think 14 is a good game in case you've just dropped in, after the first month of 14's release when they all switched to PS4s bought FIFA 14 for the second time like complete geniuses.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So you've played 14 on PS4 then? It's actually pretty friggin fun if you're capable of spicy passes/turns/touches. And the engine is definitely better than PS3 version. :feelsgood:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I won't buy a PS4 just so I could play a lovely game which I already own on the PS3.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm so happy 15 is gonna be the next gen version on PC, I played 14 on ps4 at a friend's house a bit and it has so many less issues than the old gen/pc version, poo poo.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

TheBigAristotle posted:

There really isn't that much in-fighting on PS4, we generally get along pretty well, to be honest. Every so often someone gets mad, myself included, but that'll happen when you play drat near every day. We usually let people know what's bothering us though, which helps.

I will say that all I ever heard about 360 Parmos is that they were bad and didn't play regularly, so going with Xbox One in search of Pro Clubs might be rough. That said, I have this weird feeling 15 is going to have too many people. Playing with 8-10 people is cool, but it can be insanely frustrating

do you still have to play striker or you won't play

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'll be honest, I didnt play with Fifa 14's Parmos, a few of us played on a seperate team because they were so bad.

Glad to see that bad players get kicked off the PS4 team, got to be honest sometimes its really fustrating when you have to let bad players into the goon team simply because they are goons

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

So you've played 14 on PS4 then? It's actually pretty friggin fun if you're capable of spicy passes/turns/touches. And the engine is definitely better than PS3 version. :feelsgood:

Have you been reading the thread, he's clearly not capable!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

That's lies and nonsense, I haven't even played 14 with those guys, who btw think 14 is a good game in case you've just dropped in, after the first month of 14's release when they all switched to PS4s bought FIFA 14 for the second time like complete geniuses.

I think anyone still playing FIFA 14 has to be a bit off in the head, it is so bad. If what you say is true that is pretty hosed up.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fat greasy puto posted:

do you still have to play striker or you won't play

Nah, that was FIFA 11 and 12 mostly. And it was more me showing up first and nobody having the rocks to ask me to switch with them. Lotta passive-aggression.

Anyway, now I'm all about spicy passing

e: also I can't stress this enough, 14 on PS4 is much better than PS3. 13 was just a snooze-fest of people cutting in from the wing and hitting curlers to the far post. But again, 95% of my experience in solely in Pro Clubs, so ymmv and all that

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

African AIDS cum posted:

I think anyone still playing FIFA 14 has to be a bit off in the head, it is so bad. If what you say is true that is pretty hosed up.

It is. They play 14 almost on a daily basis. I won't lie to you I also played a few matches in that world cup fut thing but it was mostly crap and I otherwise don't play this bad game.

Haag and lolsonic are just offended cause I said they're poo poo people to play with so they're trying to slander my fifa reputation, Taff is just trying to get a Soulex out of me.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It is. They play 14 almost on a daily basis. I won't lie to you I also played a few matches in that world cup fut thing but it was mostly crap and I otherwise don't play this bad game.

Haag and lolsonic are just offended cause I said they're poo poo people to play with so they're trying to slander my fifa reputation, Taff is just trying to get a Soulex out of me.

Glad I retired from this game, unless 15 is really good. The Pro Clubs mode really sucks. I once played with goons and got man of the match and won single handedly and they could only complain I didn't cater to their needs. They were lucky to have me.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Coming from a guy who has had multiple custom avs purchased for him, this poo poo is laughable

You are an annoying and whiny poster who should gently caress off back to Star Citizen or whatever thread you're making GBS threads up these days with your spergy tl;dr posts

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

African AIDS cum posted:

Glad I retired from this game, unless 15 is really good. The Pro Clubs mode really sucks. I once played with goons and got man of the match and won single handedly and they could only complain I didn't cater to their needs. They were lucky to have me.

If you need a club in 15, I'd be happy to have you. Ive gone up against you and I know youre a real competitor unlike some of these people.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Whats wrong with playing Fifa daily? Please dont gamer shame.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

TheBigAristotle posted:

Coming from a guy who has had multiple custom avs purchased for him, this poo poo is laughable

You are an annoying and whiny poster who should gently caress off back to Star Citizen or whatever thread you're making GBS threads up these days with your spergy tl;dr posts

Ahaha, keep lying about not being a passive-agressive baby who'd have people edit their pros whenever he'd join in cause he thinks he's the star striker of a virtual football team.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Would that guy really quit if he was played out of position? Hmm

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Lol some of you dudes have like 4 pages of posting saying how bad this game is. Fifa must be like an abusive boyfriend you can't leave.

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

I still wanna hear why it's so bad playing with me

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

lolsonic posted:

I still wanna hear why it's so bad playing with me

I want to hear this too.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

African AIDS cum posted:

No, he wouldn't leave, if he'd left it would have been a kindness, he's often neg other players until they'd switch positions to accommodate him, or just take the striker spot up after a match was over forcing the player who was previously in that position to switch. This one time people wouldn't put up with his bullshit and he had to play in midfield so he just played out of position the entire match and interfered with the actual striker.

But you see, everyone else was passive-aggressive.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Which of the FIFA studs is "Own" and why is he called that?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

42 new posts in the FIFA thread!

Oh.....

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

42 new posts in the FIFA thread!

Oh.....

Haha I apologize. I should have never kicked the hornets nest that is emanresu tnuocca. He is almost entirely full of poo poo, but he will have the last word because I can't keep up with his nonsense

Apache Chief
May 21, 2011
I want to focus more of the posting on how OWN is a bad player and probably a bad person. Also, DJCrabhat, where are you? PS4 Parmos is pretty fun and I would enjoy your presence.

Apache Chief fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 17, 2014

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Own actually ain't that bad, he's a bit of primadonna and might be haag's main enabler but I somewhat regret grouping them both together.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
nice collective metldowns guys

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

TheBigAristotle posted:

Nah, that was FIFA 11 and 12 mostly. And it was more me showing up first and nobody having the rocks to ask me to switch with them. Lotta passive-aggression.

Anyway, now I'm all about spicy passing

e: also I can't stress this enough, 14 on PS4 is much better than PS3. 13 was just a snooze-fest of people cutting in from the wing and hitting curlers to the far post. But again, 95% of my experience in solely in Pro Clubs, so ymmv and all that

Good to hear, fwiw i never cared

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Own actually ain't that bad, he's a bit of primadonna and might be haag's main enabler but I somewhat regret grouping them both together.

Haha man you have got a hard-on for me, don't you?

vivisectvnv posted:

nice collective metldowns guys

haha indeed, I loving hate poo poo like this

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

African AIDS cum posted:

yes lol

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

TheBigAristotle posted:

Haha man you have got a hard-on for me, don't you?

haha indeed, I loving hate poo poo like this

You started.

And personally I love it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Haha this is false but meh

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Chiming in to confirm that dude would roll a 6'7" striker, expect you to cross it all game and had no concept of holding up the ball ad a big man, let alone any of the finer nuance of FIFA and Pro Clubs. And yeah we get bitchy (see the two page snipe feat between me and own earlier this year) but usually we are able to work it out if the player isn't complete garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Apache Chief posted:

I want to focus more of the posting on how OWN is a bad player and probably a bad person. Also, DJCrabhat, where are you? PS4 Parmos is pretty fun and I would enjoy your presence.

Crabhat? Are you kidding me. That dudes terrible. He's not one of the better players on PS4 is he?

• Locked thread