Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Stumbletron posted:

Do any of the dynamic crosshair styles open up when you move but not when you shoot? I think that would be helpful for idiots like me who let of the first shot before they're completely stopped sometimes.

Mine almost does. It moves a lot when you're moving and slightly when you shoot but I aim with the dot anyway. I'll paste the config when I get home. Remind me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I was kind of lukewarm on these 'missions' but after completing a pubstomp one last night I'm all for them.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
my first mission was get 15 kills with smgs so i went all night with a bizon and then realised it was MM casual not community wtf

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Haha yup. Everyone be sure to click the mission button and let it take you to your own-zone! Doing it yourself seems to be buggy

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The missions are fun because they give you a reason to join casual or demolition and experience true CS nirvana

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I'm enjoying the missions. Except when it made me win on rush. Stupid rush...

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

The missions are fun because they give you a reason to join casual or demolition and experience true CS nirvana

Someone called me out for rubbing everyone's face in the dirt with an awp. So I bought a scout and continued as normal :smug:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Necc0 posted:

Someone called me out for rubbing everyone's face in the dirt with an awp. So I bought a scout and continued as normal :smug:

I would have bought an auto, gently caress the haters.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are there custom maps that just have bots running around the map which respawn on death and repeat their routes? I just want something to work on my aim without having to get people to help me out.

I mean I guess I could play deathmatch with bots but was looking for something more structured where the bots use routes that are pretty common in match play.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Are there custom maps that just have bots running around the map which respawn on death and repeat their routes? I just want something to work on my aim without having to get people to help me out.

I mean I guess I could play deathmatch with bots but was looking for something more structured where the bots use routes that are pretty common in match play.

No

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

BadLlama posted:

Are there custom maps that just have bots running around the map which respawn on death and repeat their routes?

Goonmans

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Thanks to CS:GO missions, all my guns are plaid. Thanks, CS:GO!

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

VelociBacon posted:

I would have bought an auto, gently caress the haters.

I only use two weapons in casual

Negev and Five-seveN

Joebungaloe
Apr 3, 2007
Do people even play Source or 1.6 anymore?

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Joebungaloe posted:

People will play 1.6 till the heat death of the universe.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Joebungaloe posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/?snr=1_steam_4__110

Yea, a good number of people do.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I don't quite know what the hell has happened, but it seems like in the past couple of weeks my skill has gotten far better and given me quite a bit more confidence in my overall gameplay. I was beginning to wonder if subscribing to ESEA would be a good idea since that seems to be where the largest influx of the best players are and I would like to continue getting better.

I know of altpug, which is free, as well as one other service that I can't remember at the moment, but I was just curious about ESEA the most

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Armchair Calvinist posted:

Thanks to CS:GO missions, all my guns are plaid. Thanks, CS:GO!

If there was a plaid skin for every gun, I'd definitely do that.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Psh plaid is so last-op. The IN fashion is corduroy.

Way Strong Pimphand
Feb 19, 2010
GO is an interesting game because as much as I want to stop playing this game, I just can't stop playing this loving game.

How can I stop? The game just gifted me a 4K round and now I feel like a skilled player again.

Please help.

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Nothing like finishing a casual game with a 5:1 ratio when you do literally nothing but rush ramp with an auto shotty on Nuke every round (had a mission to get heavy kills in casual).

I think I saw Iron Doge in one of my games too, reminded me that I haven't played a goonman in ages (because I'm bad).

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Dota 2 is going to be on ESPN. Where's my CS:GO sportscenter hightlights gaben :argh:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Yeah, playing casual for missions is really nice for just mindlessly ripping through people even though I get stomped in MM and Goonmans. I think it's actually improving my game a bit as well, as far as keeping cool under fire and recoil control.

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

BadLlama posted:

1. Download bot.cfg here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19406281/bot.rar
2. Place bot.cfg in \Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg
3. Download aim_map here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122443683
4. Start an offline game with bots, set to harmless.
5. Open console and type changelevel aim_map
6. Open console and type exec bot.cfg

If you want to play as T, use bot_add_ct until other team is full.
If you want to play as CT, use bot_add_t until other team is full.

Shoot at bots.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

astr0man posted:

Dota 2 is going to be on ESPN. Where's my CS:GO sportscenter hightlights gaben :argh:

The public broadcasting company around here is going to show some CS (the Assembly Summer ASUS whatever tournament) on TV in a few weeks. :v:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Way Strong Pimphand posted:

GO is an interesting game because as much as I want to stop playing this game, I just can't stop playing this loving game.

How can I stop? The game just gifted me a 4K round and now I feel like a skilled player again.

Please help.

Ask the people who have been playing counter-strike since 2000. (You can't quit)

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

Turk February posted:

I don't quite know what the hell has happened, but it seems like in the past couple of weeks my skill has gotten far better and given me quite a bit more confidence in my overall gameplay. I was beginning to wonder if subscribing to ESEA would be a good idea since that seems to be where the largest influx of the best players are and I would like to continue getting better.

I know of altpug, which is free, as well as one other service that I can't remember at the moment, but I was just curious about ESEA the most

what rank are you in MM ?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Deranged M posted:

1. Download bot.cfg here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19406281/bot.rar
2. Place bot.cfg in \Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg
3. Download aim_map here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122443683
4. Start an offline game with bots, set to harmless.
5. Open console and type changelevel aim_map
6. Open console and type exec bot.cfg

If you want to play as T, use bot_add_ct until other team is full.
If you want to play as CT, use bot_add_t until other team is full.

Shoot at bots.

Cool, thanks for this.

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012
No problem. I would also recommend adding -tickrate 128 to your launch options, that way your offline games are on 128 instead of 64 tickrate.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Way Strong Pimphand posted:

Please help.
Just remember: no matter how good you think you are, you are in fact poo poo.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Ask the people who have been playing counter-strike since 2000. (You can't quit)
I don't know how to quit you. :smith:

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
21st century cs players are the worst

Tgump
Nov 4, 2013

down with slavery posted:

21st century cs players are the worst

But they have a 5 year coin. That means they're good, right?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Does anyone remember if/when guns on the ground persisted from round to round? I swear that was a thing in early CS but it sounds so stupid. I remember 'gun running' weapons back to spawns but I might be mistaken.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

mcvey posted:

Does anyone remember if/when guns on the ground persisted from round to round? I swear that was a thing in early CS but it sounds so stupid. I remember 'gun running' weapons back to spawns but I might be mistaken.

That was removed in beta 4 or maybe beta 5. Still during 1999 anyway. Incidentally, I remember that bomb defusal mode (and maps like dust and nuke) was added in the same patch - hostage rescue was the only game mode before that. :v:

Smol fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 17, 2014

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mcvey posted:

Man, even the concept of buying ammo blows me away. Remember that poo poo?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Necc0 posted:

Man, even the concept of buying ammo blows me away. Remember that poo poo?

,,, ...

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

mcvey posted:

,,, ...

Man. Having no money for ammo but colt/armor was amazing.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Hey at least you got one mag with the gun for free! :downsgun:

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

mcvey posted:

,,, ...

ohhhh yea :corsair:

And I loved those early pro matches with 5 minute round time where you had player staring at one point for 4 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Deranged M posted:

what rank are you in MM ?

I am an MGE, but I hate MM. I usually just goonman and death match. I played from around 2000 through 2005 then called it quits and picked the game back up when GO was released. I don't get very much time to play these days, but I feel like I am regaining a modicum of skill and gamesense back when I played in CAL and the CPL.

I don't expect to get back to where I once was when I was a virgin teen tryhard, but it feels good to do the rolling rather than being rolled for a change these days.

• Locked thread