Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Eh, it was a mom with her young daughter, an honest accident, and no real damage done. She was freaking the gently caress out pretty bad so after I verified everything seemed to be still attached I told her to not worry about it and have a nice day since I'm not a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

13 INCH DICK posted:

I'm not a dick

Your username says otherwise.

Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

13 INCH DICK posted:

Eh, it was a mom with her young daughter, an honest accident, and no real damage done. She was freaking the gently caress out pretty bad so after I verified everything seemed to be still attached I told her to not worry about it and have a nice day since I'm not a dick

loving wow man. You deserve some kind of award or ribbon or something. You are an exceptional gentleman.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

She won't pay for your "neck injury" but her insurance will.
Maybe you could claim that ever since the accident spiders are everywhere around you and your cars.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Cue 13 Inch parking his car and every part falling off like Looney Tunes.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

8ender posted:

Cue 13 Inch parking his car and every part falling off like a VW.

You were slightly incorrect. so I had to fix this.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

13 INCH DICK posted:

When the young woman ran the stop sign and totaled out my civic and her forester, her insurance kept calling me asking me to claim money for 'pain and suffering' for my injuries in the accident (I got a hairline fracture on my left ring finger knuckle). I never called him back because I don't care about extorting more money from her insurance - they paid for my visit to the urgent care and gave me a fair payout for my car, that's all I care about.

I wish more people weren't litigious greedy assholes that view an accident as a payday. :smith:

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

8ender posted:

Cue 13 Inch parking his car and every part falling off like Looney Tunes Blues Brothers.

Fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSVLmvJJRmM&t=38s

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

HotCanadianChick posted:

When the young woman ran the stop sign and totaled out my civic and her forester, her insurance kept calling me asking me to claim money for 'pain and suffering' for my injuries in the accident (I got a hairline fracture on my left ring finger knuckle). I never called him back because I don't care about extorting more money from her insurance - they paid for my visit to the urgent care and gave me a fair payout for my car, that's all I care about.

I wish more people weren't litigious greedy assholes that view an accident as a payday. :smith:

Except for when you actually have suffering. but also don't forget about any time you lost at work. And the potential for injuries or pain down the road. Plus they weren't being nice. If you claim some pain and suffering on your own now and you have something pop up within the allowable time frame you can't get anything extra. They were trying to screw you and save themselves money.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

tater_salad posted:

Except for when you actually have suffering. but also don't forget about any time you lost at work. And the potential for injuries or pain down the road. Plus they weren't being nice. If you claim some pain and suffering on your own now and you have something pop up within the allowable time frame you can't get anything extra. They were trying to screw you and save themselves money.

Yeah, the first indication that I had that the other party was going to admit fault when my Subaru got totalled is when they called me and started asking if I had any injuries.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Shoulda gotten her number as a just in case yesterday :suicide:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Yeah I'd definitely get insurance info and snap a couple photos at the scene regardless, probably even file a police report even if I had no intention of making a claim. You never know what injuries could pop up a few days down the line. Happened to my mom a while back and she let the kid go and ended up getting surgery and all sorts of rehab for years afterward, all paid out of pocket.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Happened to me a couple of times. Towbars beat bumpers.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Happened to me a couple of times. Towbars beat bumpers.

This is the best reason to fit a fixed rather than detachable towbar.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh I still haven't made it off the couch it hurts

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

13 INCH DICK posted:

Noooooooo

I remember when my MX-3 got rear-ended at a light my neck hurt for a year. Fine now, did a tiny bit of PT and the pain eventually went away, but what a pain in the rear end.

The impact was hard enough that it buckled the floorboard in the passenger footwell and knocked the stereo out of the dash. I drove it home. Crazy stuff.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

an honest accident, and no real damage done. She was freaking the gently caress out pretty bad so after I verified everything seemed to be still attached I told her to not worry about it and have a nice day since I'm not a dick

13 INCH DICK posted:

I hope you exchanged information, or at least have her tag number. Now is the time to call your doctor and insurance company.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Her tag number is probably implanted on the rear bumper of his car.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Guess what my local shop has? (and might be selling)

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

revmoo posted:

Yeah I'd definitely get insurance info and snap a couple photos at the scene regardless, probably even file a police report even if I had no intention of making a claim. You never know what injuries could pop up a few days down the line. Happened to my mom a while back and she let the kid go and ended up getting surgery and all sorts of rehab for years afterward, all paid out of pocket.

Even if you intend to get zero dollars at all from them, a solid scare and a good lesson might save the life of the next person they would otherwise carelessly ram into

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

13 INCH DICK posted:

Glad your fingnats are OK though

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

See? I keep saying! Soapy water works great and won't burn down your house.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

See? I keep saying! Soapy water works great and won't burn down your house.

Counterpoint: "Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Why limit oneself to just burning down a single house?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtU1YYxQXJw

Nuke's are necessary...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ExecuDork posted:

Counterpoint: "Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Why limit oneself to just burning down a single house?

:spergin: You can't nuke anything from orbit, orbital nukes are prohibited by the Outer Space Treaty.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Fucknag posted:

:spergin: You can't nuke anything from orbit, orbital nukes are prohibited by the Outer Space Treaty.

Fortunately kinetic weapons aren't prohibited and work just as well, with the added bonus of no lingering radiation or fallout.

edit: quoting relevant post from CA

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 17, 2014

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Fucknag posted:

No, if you want to be :spergin: about it, you have to recognise that the relevant legislation is the Eridani Edict, and that it's a little more complicated than that.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Fucknag posted:

Do you honestly think a treaty is going slow down anyone with access to both nuclear weapons and orbital-capable rockets? These are SPIDERS in CARS we're talking about here, drastic measures are necessary!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I LET ALL THE SMOKE OUT OF MY STARTER AND ASSOCIATED WIRING :supaburn:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
I can go see if I have a spare starter for my Goldwing. It's probably bigger than your starter, and it's Honda so it's like legos, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think I have an old lawn mower at my mom's. Pretty sure it was a Honda.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:golfclap:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I guess the nut on the starter cable backed off on the freeway shorting the solenoid and having it just full on and I noticed a wierd noise and smell and then lost dash lights.. Frantically ripped the cable off because it was going key off and promptly lost the nut which was somewhere near the approximate temperature of the sun. Made it home by removing the cable entirely and zip tied the alternator wire to the battery being sans terminal end.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I saw a cvcc belching smoke on its way out of the Northgate Transit Center parking lot today but it couldn't have been you because it had some semblance of paintwork on the side.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

MrKatharsis posted:

I saw a cvcc belching smoke on its way out of the Northgate Transit Center parking lot today but it couldn't have been you because it had some semblance of paintwork on the side.

Was it right in front of 5 guys on 103rd around 7:30ish maybe? Cause I was right there for dinner.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Of all the random poo poo i didnt expectto find, i spotted a NOS aftermarket in packaging radio antenna for my Civic for $20 shipped. Which is great because every other honda ever made used a different style radio antenna. Yoink.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
SUFFER NOT THE UNCLEAN TO LIVE

HATRED IS THE ARMOR OF THE SOUL

AN OPEN MIND IS A PATH TO HERESY

PURIFY THE WICKED WITH THE FLAMES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

FOR THE EMPEROR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Yessss. Yeeeessssss.

I too deal with the unwashed spider menace with the purifying flames of righteousness.

• Locked thread