Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I have never seen a picture of Dan Schneider with the cast of his shows that didn't look like it belonged in a police folder labelled "Exhibit A"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I just realized the Dan Schneider I pictured all this time was actually Joss Whedon.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
You guys are acting like iCarly or Victorious are BBT or 2 Broke Girls bad.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
iCarly was pretty god damned bad...

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I never thought he would live this long back when I watched him on Head of the Class. His wife owns a diet company

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I have never seen a picture of Dan Schneider with the cast of his shows that didn't look like it belonged in a police folder labelled "Exhibit A"

Or in a coroner's report with a label "Cause of death: Congestive heart failure". Jesus, I've never seen a picture of him at all before today, but that is not a healthy man.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He was a fat teenager in the 80s on Head of the Class. He will be dead soon, and perhaps a Jimmy Saville revelation will follow.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, Gumball continues to be a pretty great show.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

jscolon2.0 posted:

You guys are acting like iCarly or Victorious are BBT or 2 Broke Girls bad.

Pretty much the same level of writing.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

axleblaze posted:

Man, Gumball continues to be a pretty great show.

Zach really is a fratty douche name. This show deserves every accolade imaginable.

SGT. Squeaks
Jun 18, 2003

Two men enter, one man leaves. That is the way of the hobotorium!
New boss here at CN. Excited to see what comes. http://www.animationmagazine.net/people/christina-miller-named-prez-of-cartoon-network-adult-swim-boomerang/

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Should I be hyped? Her name is attached to Ben 10, and she might attack the glorious broimation that is Gumball and Regular Show.She might also push age appropriate programming and stiffen the melancholy brilliance of AT, SU and the upcoming miniseries.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sithsaber posted:

Should I be hyped? Her name is attached to Ben 10, and she might attack the glorious broimation that is Gumball and Regular Show.She might also push age appropriate programming and stiffen the melancholy brilliance of AT, SU and the upcoming miniseries.

I was about to ask what kind of loving idiot would have this opinion then I realized who was posting.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Acquire Currency! posted:

I was about to ask what kind of loving idiot would have this opinion then I realized who was posting.

gently caress Ben 10

Ps. And gently caress the target demographic and the retards who enjoy poo poo meant for tweens. Those little shits will learn to love nostalgia they'll never understand and they'll thank us for it.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Sithsaber posted:

gently caress Ben 10

Ps. And gently caress the target demographic and the retards who enjoy poo poo meant for tweens. Those little shits will learn to love nostalgia they'll never understand and they'll thank us for it.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. "gently caress Ben 10"? gently caress you, my friend. Stop making GBS threads up all the cartoon threads I look at. I'm glad you're not the one in charge of CN.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

El Tortuga posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. "gently caress Ben 10"? gently caress you, my friend. Stop making GBS threads up all the cartoon threads I look at. I'm glad you're not the one in charge of CN.

Are you seriously telling me that you'd rather have a million filler episodes created by man of action instead of rad randomness and soda six packs? CN should be given to Pendleton Ward, not the backer of generator rex.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My issue is you calling Regular Show and Gumball bad.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Sithsaber posted:

Are you seriously telling me that you'd rather have a million filler episodes created by man of action instead of rad randomness and soda six packs? CN should be given to Pendleton Ward, not the backer of generator rex.

Now I know you're crazy. When you're doing a 25+ episodes a season show like Ben 10, some of those are filler episodes. And that's okay. Because it's a children's action/adventure cartoon. Every episode of every cartoon you like has a ton of filler episodes. "Rad randomness" would become very unenjoyable if that was the only thing available.

I want my own Omnitrex. :shrug:

edit:

Acquire Currency! posted:

My issue is you calling Regular Show and Gumball bad.

WHAT?! That has gotta be worth a probation.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
and Generator Rex was pretty fun all things considered.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

El Tortuga posted:

Now I know you're crazy. When you're doing a 25+ episodes a season show like Ben 10, some of those are filler episodes. And that's okay. Because it's a children's action/adventure cartoon. Every episode of every cartoon you like has a ton of filler episodes. "Rad randomness" would become very unenjoyable if that was the only thing available.

I want my own Omnitrex. :shrug:

edit:

WHAT?! That has gotta be worth a probation.

gently caress my little cousins, they'd watch anything. Ben 10 is a lazy concept that should be put out of its misery, and I have no idea about its lovely carbon copy clone. CN just needs to murder the potheads who like squidbillies. Everything else (aside from creeping uncle grandpa laziness) is just fine.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I am waffling between whether Sithsaber is a teenager or a 45 year old

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sithsaber posted:

I'd rather read the transcript of a filler episode of Generator Rex in this thread than your obnoxious hipper-than-thy-entire-planet word vomit that forms the vague semblance of a point about how terrible it is that Cartoon Network makes cartoons for children.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jul 19, 2014

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
DEAR INTERNET

I AM IN MOURNING TODAY BECAUSE MY TEN YEAR OLD NEPHEW TURNED OUT TO BE ONE OF THOSE STUPID SHEEPLE WHO WATCHES BEN 10

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

DivisionPost posted:

I'd rather read the transcript of a filler episode of Generator Rex in this thread than your obnoxious hipper-than-thy-entire-planet word vomit that is supposed to translate to something resembling a point about how terrible it is that Cartoon Network makes cartoons for children.

CN should make good cartoons period. lovely cartoons meant to sell toys should be a thing of the past. I'm sorry if that doesn't mesh with how some of you here enjoy icarly and ultrafusionmegaomnitrix season 9.

Ps. And Ben 10 wasn't really that bad of a show. It just refuses to die. I don't want this network being run by someone who made a career out of filler, putting out the same concepts every year androlling in toy revenue.

Sithsaber fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 19, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sithsaber posted:

CN should make good cartoons period.
They do, hope this helps

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I will admit to liking Carly and Drake and Josh at the age of 25, although iCarly was less good by far. I found Jerry Trainor (Crazy Steve, Spencer Shay) to be one of the funniest actors there due to the sheer energy he put into his gags. Also the Drake and Josh Episode where Josh "divorces" Drake as a brother in law and declares them to be roommates was an emoitionally satisfying one, as without Drake holding him back Josh took control of his own life and without Josh to fall back on Drake was forced to accept the consequences for all the dumb bullshit he normally gets away with.

Also, Xiaolin Chronicles was terrible but I loved the new supervain Chase Young. I was sold when he dunked his hair into his scrying pool just so that he could baywatch flip it. And then he wagers his looks in a showdown in the next episode and flips his hair at least twice in that episode (standing with the wind to his back so that he has to flip it out of his eyes was hilarious, he was doing all of it on purpose).

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

I am waffling between whether Sithsaber is a teenager or a 45 year old

the term of art is 'manchild'

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

icantfindaname posted:

the term of art is 'manchild'

At least I don't have the taste of a twelve year old girl. Defending "real kids cartoons" and than saying that you're a adult who likes cartoons "meant for kids" makes your side look like post bronie degenerates.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sithsaber posted:

At least I don't have the taste of a twelve year old girl. Defending "real kids cartoons" and than saying that you're a adult who likes cartoons "meant for kids" makes your side look like post bronie degenerates.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > General Kids Show Discussion Thread

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

MrAristocrates posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > General Kids Show Discussion Thread

We're discussing it, are we not? Ben 10 series 76 and iCarly are bad shows that dilute the valor of our youths.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Sithsaber posted:

dilute the valor of our youths.

What are you, an 80 year old?

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Moatman posted:

Even worse, I'm a ageless disciple of snark here to mock your shameful consumption of junior sitcoms. I've also lost track of benten after it stopped being gritty and started megadigivolving humongosaur.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Moatman posted:

My theory is that he's the most pretentious motherfucker who ever lived and also possibly mentally ill.

fake edit: oh look at that, yet more evidence

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Sithsaber posted:

Even worse, I'm a ageless disciple of snark here to mock your shameful consumption of junior sitcoms.

You seem more like a nerd who is getting mad about people liking shows you don't like. AKA not such a radical dude.

Amorphous Abode fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 19, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Who the hell says "snark" except assholes from TVTropes?

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

DoctorWhat posted:

Who the hell says "snark" except assholes from TVTropes?

Why is the word police after me for mocking Ben 10 episode 99999-73? Next someone will come out of the woodwork to defend H2O.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well this thread sure got lovely in a hurry.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sithsaber posted:

Why is the word police after me for mocking Ben 10 episode 99999-73? Next someone will come out of the woodwork to defend H2O.

I'm "after you" for using words generally used by insufferable 15-year-old weaboos who watch too much MST3K and think they're the second coming of Oscar Wilde.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm "after you" for using words generally used by insufferable 15-year-old weaboos who watch too much MST3K and think they're the second coming of Oscar Wilde.

You're using dumb buzzwords too. In fact this whole stupid alright is loving embarrassing can we please stop because Christ take a step back and look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

All I know about Motorcity is that it looks nice and is about cars and was cancelled. For a cancelled series that is about cars and looks nice, how well does it wrap itself up?