Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Nope, never. Although the area had some interesting goings on in the past 10-15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Jonathan Tiernan-Locke, Team Sky suspended for two years (biological passport) :siren:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Haha that was one sticky bottle

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hegay posted:

Jonathan Tiernan-Locke, Team Sky suspended for two years (biological passport) :siren:

Think how crazy his levels had to be to actually get a ban with Cookson running the show. British cycling is so hosed.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
I wonder if anyone will manage to get away on that last hill. Looks like a mass sprint probably, can Kittel sprint on a slope?

edit: nvm, Kittel dropped from the peloton.

Punc fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 17, 2014

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Hegay posted:

Sacrificing your career for the greater glory of Richie loving Porte.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

That's a nice Cannondale train. It'd be a shame if something were to happen to it.

Oh wow, Greipel is down

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Sagan gonna win

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Greipel fell. Sagan might actually win one :aaa:

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Degenkolb gonna take a big poo poo on Sagan

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Haha Greipel is pissed off

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pvt Dancer posted:

Degenkolb gonna take a big poo poo on Sagan

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Second.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol. Better luck next time, Peter

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Goddamit Sagan

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pvt Dancer posted:

Degenkolb Kristoff gonna take a big poo poo on Sagan

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Sagan doesn't even look like he's arsed about winning a stage. Also lol at Greipel fuming at Chavanel.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Reckon Cav is fortunate he got injured because I don't think he'd have won any of these sprints

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
What the gently caress Peter Sagan

I guess I should get some work done now

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Classic Sagan.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Sagan: Memories of Erik Zabel in 1999.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Powerful sprint by Kristoff. Not many chance left for Sagan, it's either flat, mountain or TT.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Sagan win in Paris. You heard it here first.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
If Teejay can get a couple of good days in the mountains I really wouldn't think a podium finish is out of the question, being 1:09 off currently

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Stage 12 Bourg-en-Bresse / Saint-Étienne

EN - Summary - Stage 12 (Bourg-en-Bresse > Saint-Étienne)
EN - The Flamme rouge - The last kilometre - Stage 12

Stage 13 Saint-Étienne / Chamrousse 197.5KM

:siren: First High mountain stage and first HC climb :siren:

EN - Stage 13: by Gilles Maignan (Designer of stage 13 and former pro rider)

Mountain passes & hills

Km 24.0 - Col de la Croix de Montvieux 8 km climb at 4.1% - category 3
Km 152.0 - Col de Palaquit (1 154 m) 14.1 km at 6.1% - category 1
Km 197.5 - Montée de Chamrousse (1 730 m) 18.2 km at 7.3% - category HC

Chamrousse TT 2001
Street View tour of Chamrousse 1650m

Intermediate sprint

Finish

See last climb

Weather
36°C (97°F), Wind < 10km/h

Stage 13 winner odds

Time schedule

Start 12h10
Col de Palaquit 15h45, Montée de Chamrousse 16h45
Finish 17h06 (40 km/h) 17h22 (38 km/h) 17h39 (36 km/h)

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I was out riding my bike instead of watching the tour, glad to drop in to the thread and see Sagan not win again. Gonna grab a shower, beer, food and enjoy the gently caress out of ITV's recap fast forwarding the ads ofc.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

HC mountaintop finish :getin:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I dont know how you guys can watch this poo poo live on TV/broadcasts with ads. I wake up (west coast) and am able to fast forward through commercials and typically end up catching to the live thing around the end of the stage, it works out perfect. It does mean I a late start on a morning ride (9am~) though.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Good Dog posted:

I dont know how you guys can watch this poo poo live on TV/broadcasts with ads. I wake up (west coast) and am able to fast forward through commercials and typically end up catching to the live thing around the end of the stage, it works out perfect. It does mean I a late start on a morning ride (9am~) though.

Broadcast here doesn't have ads :smug:

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I have the four channels to watch the Tour on, one of which is a public broadcaster, they do 1 or 2 tiny ad breaks for their own shows in an hour, their only fault is their commentary is not as good as the France2/3 team. They nearly always know where Cancellara is, so that's another plus.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Hegay posted:

*For poo poo he did before he joined Sky.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003
Frank Schleck doesn't need to dope anymore.. he has a Samsung Gear watch. Read the caption below.

Source

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Withnail posted:

*For poo poo he did before he joined Sky.

Wrong he was training with Sky that whole year and popped at the worlds under: Dave Brailsford.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Is there a reason all of the bikes don't have little mini cameras on the font and back? Seems like you'd get some good footage, especially of crashes in the peleton, and might reduce the number of scooters and motorbike you need clogging up the course? Do they not have them deliberately, or have they just not gotten around to it, or is it just not a good idea?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hobo Erotica posted:

Is there a reason all of the bikes don't have little mini cameras on the font and back? Seems like you'd get some good footage, especially of crashes in the peleton, and might reduce the number of scooters and motorbike you need clogging up the course? Do they not have them deliberately, or have they just not gotten around to it, or is it just not a good idea?

They wouldn't be able to broadcast live from them, they are fine for getting video post race but the motos have huge satellite uplinks on them and stuff. The tech needs to catch up a bit

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

They wouldn't be able to broadcast live from them, they are fine for getting video post race but the motos have huge satellite uplinks on them and stuff. The tech needs to catch up a bit

It'd be cool to have dash cams in the team cars imo, could probably get some cool stuff from them every now and then.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Working from home tomorrow so I can watch day 1 of the Alp's :toot:. Today and yesterdays stages were a real bore. gently caress.

Just saw tomorrow's profile, I love me a good Hors Catégorie mountain top finish.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah I wouldn't mind only seeing the footage after the race, would still be good in the highlights package. Imagine seeing the sprinters from the bike in front.

But I'm guessing guess "who crashed into who" isn't really a big problem in pro cycling?

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
They ran live 'bike-cam' in the World Ports Classic in 2012 for at least one day. Why its never happened since beats the poo poo out of me.

Also,

Withnail posted:

Sagan gonna win

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Hobo Erotica posted:

As well as what everyone else has said you also want to have as little weight on you as possible a camera would be a real annoyance which is why they only have them on the motor cyclists and cars.

Anyway I lurked this thread last year and will be getting involved now. Two things, does anybody feel really sorry for Nibali in the sense that he is incredible form this year but if he wins a lot of the commentators will only talk about how he won the year Contador and Froome dropped out even though he was as good as them

My second thing is in two weeks I will be on holiday in th alps and i will be attempting an Alp D'huez cycle wish me luck goons, I've done 50 mile runs and hills but never the two together, if I get up without having to get off the bike I will be happy.