Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm also starting to wonder if what looks to be a three-player scumteam is balanced against a tracker, cop, doc, vig with what seems to only be a rb, goon, and X

either that X is godfather/jug/bp/gov or they've got a steep climb

And a miller, but I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

And a miller, but I agree.

If you had to pick one claimed townie PR to be lying, who would it be?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

or unclaimed, I suppose

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yo Opop are you a jailer and not a doc this matters for this conversation.

Also can you full claim I just want to get my whole arms around this one.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

FV by far.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

fiery_valkyrie posted:

My result was a success and you went nowhere.

It matched what you then claimed in thread so I had no reason to doubt you or your cop claim.
Dang, I was hoping you saw who I tried to target. It was a longshot, but it would have made it seem strange that you didn't call me out for my poor choice.

CCKeane posted:

Yo Opop are you a jailer and not a doc this matters for this conversation.

Also can you full claim I just want to get my whole arms around this one.
It is confirmed that I was blocked and not jailed by my night flavor now.

How about this, Opop who did you protect when the kill was prevented?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ard, if a town pr claim other than yourself was a lie, who would it be

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nah I'm the doc. Keane N1, Ard N2, myself N3.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Opopanax posted:

Nah I'm the doc. Keane N1, Ard N2, myself N3.

That's weird. Why would they roleblock AND try to NK Ard?

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Ardulac posted:

Dang, I was hoping you saw who I tried to target. It was a longshot, but it would have made it seem strange that you didn't call me out for my poor choice.

It is confirmed that I was blocked and not jailed by my night flavor now.

How about this, Opop who did you protect when the kill was prevented?

FYI, you mentioned in-thread that you tried to visit Asiina and realized that it was a bad idea after the fact, so in principle we all knew the answer to who you targeted N2: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647507&userid=79408#post432222304

Also, let's have a look at the roles people have claimed/flipped:

Asiina: Miller
Barehanded Brother: Goon
Ardulac: Cop
CCKeane: Vig
fiery_valkyrie: Tracker
Opopanax: Doctor
Hal Incandenza, Jamuraan, Juanito, Poque, Tremendous Taste, me: VT
mr.capps: a 3p who has to visit people on the same night that someone else visits them three times, with a strong flavor connection

One of these things is not like the others. I'm pretty sure the scum team is fv/capps.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Probably just in case he was doctored.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Provided FV is town I think we've got this locked down.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Opopanax posted:

Probably just in case he was doctored.
Still seems a little odd, but that is possible.

greatZebu posted:

FYI, you mentioned in-thread that you tried to visit Asiina and realized that it was a bad idea after the fact, so in principle we all knew the answer to who you targeted N2: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647507&userid=79408#post432222304
Yeah, but I didn't mention it until later in the Day so it would have been odd for him not to call me out early on. Or at least be more suspicious of me.

Doesn't matter anyway since he got the more expected result.

Opopanax posted:

Provided FV is town I think we've got this locked down.
Agreed, but I think that's a point in favor of this setup being unbalanced in our favor. I can't think of a Scum role that would balance things out, so I do think TT has a point in being suspicious of those who have claimed.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ard, if a town pr claim other than yourself was a lie, who would it be
Are we counting Capps, because I'd probably lean towards him the strongest. Otherwise, probably f_v, but I think he could be one of the more beneficial roles for working out the lies if he is Town.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote fv
believe in me thread.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
believe

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

mr.capps posted:

##vote fv
believe in me thread.

That's not an argument, it's an appeal to emotion.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That's not an argument, it's an appeal to emotion.

by all arguments
by all logic
you should lynch me
im a 3rd party potentially harmful to the town

but if you believe in miracles
if you believe... in hope

stand with me town
we'll win this together

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I have one final question for you thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGvqMXYhYhU

Does Hope ride alone tonight?

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Reinstating my vote on fv, but I'd also vote capps.
##vote fv

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

greatZebu posted:

Reinstating my vote on fv, but I'd also vote capps.
##vote fv

It's really GZ isn't it?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CCKeane posted:

It's really GZ isn't it?

I'll vote GZ with you.
Just let me live :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i just wanted
to give everyone condoms

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I have to say, I honestly and genuinely, in my heart, believe Mr. Capps I think.

But I can't figure out a situation where he isn't scum.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CCKeane posted:

I have to say, I honestly and genuinely, in my heart, believe Mr. Capps I think.

But I can't figure out a situation where he isn't scum.

fv and tt are scum
fv faked the tracker report on tt?

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

mr.capps posted:

fv and tt are scum
fv faked the tracker report on tt?

Not unless she really is a mafia tracker. Otherwise she wouldn't have known that you visited keane night 1. Not impossible, though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

greatZebu posted:

Not unless she really is a mafia tracker. Otherwise she wouldn't have known that you visited keane night 1. Not impossible, though.

that is what i have been saying, it seems like its mafia's investigation role and since there is a doctor, me, a cop, it would make sense

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

F_v is a lady, and one that I would vote for in this scenario but would rather not put one short of a hammer just yet.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CCKeane posted:

It's really GZ isn't it?

I don't see a way that GZ isn't the other scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If we're agreed on GZ, I would vote as a compromise candidate. Leaning against capps today.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I really think a town PR is lying tho!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Some D1 stuff from GZ.

greatZebu posted:

Was there even a distraction or a debate though? No one was talking about it until you brought it up. And if you thought Asiina had to go, you could have voted for her immediately. Or you could vote for her now, which you still haven't done. To me it looks like you're trying to get her killed without voting for her, which I don't like at all.

##vote Ardulac

greatZebu posted:

I was mostly trying to aim the thread toward "discuss who might be scum" and away from "everyone write me a poem". FWIW Ardulac's response seems reasonable to me.

greatZebu posted:

I'm not crazy about people saying that they think I'm scummy but won't vote me, although I guess it makes sense to give newbies a day to get used to things. I kind of agree that horses and rabbits are overrated, though.

##unvote

greatZebu posted:

I'm at work (and will be until after the deadline) so I can't stick around and discuss, but I'm going to take 15 minutes to read over what's been said and vote. Of the people with votes currently on them, I'd prefer to vote Oponanax or CCKeane to capps or BHB.

greatZebu posted:

I find myself agreeing with this, although I'd be hard-pressed to explain why. But given the available options, I will ##vote jam

Backs away from his vote on Ard, without unvoting until hours later. Soft defence of BHB. Jumps on the Jam lynch.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Capps you're probably going to win the game, and I want you to PERSONALLY THANK ME once this is over.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

greatZebu posted:

Welp, guess I'd better get my thoughts on possible scum teams out there in case capps destroys me with his righteous fury. I believe Ardulac, and by extension I think Opop is town. I am vanilla town, and I'm assuming there are two scum left. That leaves these potential remaining scum teams:

capps, keane: fv saw capps visit keane n1
capps, tt: fv says tt didn't go anywhere last night, but there was a kill and a roleblock
tt, keane: same reasoning
capps, fv: possible
fv, tt: possible
fv, keane: not out of the question, but I doubt there's a mafia vig.

The common element is fv, so I ##vote fiery_valkyrie

Also, this is bad. Uses my information from the tracking to rule out potential scum teams, but then assumes I'm the scum. So I'm a scum tracker who's telling the truth and thereby confirming town players? It doesn't make sense.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also, this is bad. Uses my information from the tracking to rule out potential scum teams, but then assumes I'm the scum. So I'm a scum tracker who's telling the truth and thereby confirming town players? It doesn't make sense.

Nah, that one makes sense, it accepts that there are two scum remaining and breaks it down on the scum team possibilities.

GZ, of course, knows who the scum are.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Nah, that one makes sense, it accepts that there are two scum remaining and breaks it down on the scum team possibilities.

GZ, of course, knows who the scum are.

Yes, but he rules out some of the scum possibilities using my information. So he both believes I'm scum and believes I'm telling the truth about my night actions.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Yes, but he rules out some of the scum possibilities using my information. So he both believes I'm scum and believes I'm telling the truth about my night actions.

If you look again, I only use your information for the cases where you're not on the scum team.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

No, he doesn't.

If he believes there are two scum, then, for example, he can rule out the possibility of a TT and Me scum team, since if TT and I are scum, then you are town and would have no reason to lie.

It's consistent.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

greatZebu posted:

capps, keane: fv saw capps visit keane n1
capps, tt: fv says tt didn't go anywhere last night, but there was a kill and a roleblock

If I am scum and my information is unreliable, then you can't rule out these 2 options.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

greatZebu posted:

If you look again, I only use your information for the cases where you're not on the scum team.

The fact that you either didn't notice this or chose to ignore it suggests that you're trying to find someone to pin things on rather than trying to understand posts and figure out the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, if I am a scum tracker, then how many scum are left? 3? A tracker, roleblocker and killer?

• Locked thread