Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

If I am scum and my information is unreliable, then you can't rule out these 2 options.

If you are scum, then those options would involve 3 remaining scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

greatZebu posted:

The fact that you either didn't notice this or chose to ignore it suggests that you're trying to find someone to pin things on rather than trying to understand posts and figure out the truth.

When you assume that a Capps/Keane team is impossible you are doing it based on my information. Am I a scum tracker telling the truth in this instance?

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

When you assume that a Capps/Keane team is impossible you are doing it based on my information. Am I a scum tracker telling the truth in this instance?

I feel like I must not be explaining myself well. In the scenarios where you're not listed on the scum team, I'm assuming that you're an honest town tracker. Those scenarios all look impossible to me, so I conclude that you must be scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

greatZebu posted:

I feel like I must not be explaining myself well. In the scenarios where you're not listed on the scum team, I'm assuming that you're an honest town tracker. Those scenarios all look impossible to me, so I conclude that you must be scum.

Ok, so lets assume I am scum and there are 2 scum left. Am I lying about tracking last night? Because I'm clearly not lying about N1.

If I didn't track last night did I do the roleblock or NK? If I did, then I'm taking a gamble today saying that TT went nowhere last night, since that would be a guess.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok my brain is starting to hurt. I'm going to do something else for a while.

Capps is my preference to lynch but I would switch to GZ.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok, so lets assume I am scum and there are 2 scum left. Am I lying about tracking last night? Because I'm clearly not lying about N1.

If I didn't track last night did I do the roleblock or NK? If I did, then I'm taking a gamble today saying that TT went nowhere last night, since that would be a guess.

This is an interesting point. If you're scum, you must be lying about tracking last night. So either you took a guess on TT and you were right, or the scum team includes a rolecop who investigated TT, or TT's your buddy. I don't know why it's clear that you're not lying about N1, though.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok my brain is starting to hurt. I'm going to do something else for a while.

me too :)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's not a gamble because I bitched about being bored with no powers

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

greatZebu posted:

This is an interesting point. If you're scum, you must be lying about tracking last night. So either you took a guess on TT and you were right, or the scum team includes a rolecop who investigated TT, or TT's your buddy. I don't know why it's clear that you're not lying about N1, though.

me too :)

I'm not lying about N1 because I revealed Capps visited Keane before Capps did.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
Letting the Scum kill independently of PR usage might help to balance the game.

I do agree with f_v though, the only way for her to be fake claiming tracker is if she is with Capps (in which case we should just lynch Capps). Since we know the other Scum PR is RBer, there is no Scum Rolecop. I suppose f_v could be a JOAT who tracked Capps N1 and rolecopped TT N2 and killed Asiina N3, but that's about the only way I could see f_v being Scum without the Scum kill being usable in addition to PR usage.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ardulac posted:

Letting the Scum kill independently of PR usage might help to balance the game.

I do agree with f_v though, the only way for her to be fake claiming tracker is if she is with Capps (in which case we should just lynch Capps). Since we know the other Scum PR is RBer, there is no Scum Rolecop. I suppose f_v could be a JOAT who tracked Capps N1 and rolecopped TT N2 and killed Asiina N3, but that's about the only way I could see f_v being Scum without the Scum kill being usable in addition to PR usage.

Ard got roleblocked two nights in a row, which makes a scum roleblocker, rather than a JOAT more likely.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you don't need a sixth sense to discern my griping. stupid in retrospect but it's a thing

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ard got roleblocked two nights in a row, which makes a scum roleblocker, rather than a JOAT more likely.
Yeah, Roleblocker would have to be the permanent role in that theory.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Tremendous Taste posted:

you don't need a sixth sense to discern my griping. stupid in retrospect but it's a thing

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's so boring without fun powers
This is the post he's referring to, which came on 7/16. I agree that you strongly implied VT, but a lot of people do that sort of thing to hide a PR, and it would still be a bit of a gamble for f_v to make that claim without confirmation of some sort.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I read the Calvinball game and Capps was very entertaining in it.

As a reward, I will instead support a GZ vote.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CCKeane posted:

I read the Calvinball game and Capps was very entertaining in it.

As a reward, I will instead support a GZ vote.

##vote greatzebu

thank you

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

mr.capps posted:

##vote greatzebu

thank you

##vote GreatZebu

I may die for this.

But I will die...for love...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What is the zebu case? Process of elimination?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

What is the zebu case? Process of elimination?

Process of elimination and that Capps is pretty dreamy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Process of elimination and that Capps is pretty dreamy.

He's only dreamy because he's a bad guy. If he was a "nice guy" you wouldn't feel the same way.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

He's only dreamy because he's a bad guy. If he was a "nice guy" you wouldn't feel the same way.

DON'T TELL ME WHO TO LOVE

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Side note on fv: if she was town she could be very confident that I'm scum by the same logic I used here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647507&userid=62487#post432306253

But she's not that confident, she's just expressing some doubts about me and pointing out some posts she thinks are scummy while still pressing for a capps kill. She's trying to discredit me without killing me because if I flip it'll be clear that she's scum.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

:laffo:
it's a shame you're scum, because this is one of my favorite posts in the thread.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

greatZebu posted:

Side note on fv: if she was town she could be very confident that I'm scum by the same logic I used here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647507&userid=62487#post432306253

But she's not that confident, she's just expressing some doubts about me and pointing out some posts she thinks are scummy while still pressing for a capps kill. She's trying to discredit me without killing me because if I flip it'll be clear that she's scum.

it's a shame you're scum, because this is one of my favorite posts in the thread.

I'm not confident because I'm town. Only scum know for sure.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

greatZebu posted:

You have a point, lad.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CCKeane posted:

You have a point, lad.

What's his point? That I think 2 people are scum but I'm only voting for one of them? No kidding. If I had 2 votes I'd be voting GZ as well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
look im 3rd party guy

in my personal opinion fv is the more likely scum
but i do want to you know win too so i would go with whoever the town picks that is not me

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Capps, I'm dying. I'm dying here.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CCKeane posted:

Capps, I'm dying. I'm dying here.

like i want to win this with town, i think fv is more suspect than zebu because zebu just seems kinda like a stupid new player. i mean killing zebu is fine with me because with fv around that is more night actions for my night action to you know have collusion with

but i rather vote fv than zebu

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*inhales sharply*

This is really killing me here, but I think I'll bite on this.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

like i want to win this with town, i think fv is more suspect than zebu because zebu just seems kinda like a stupid new player. i mean killing zebu is fine with me because with fv around that is more night actions for my night action to you know have collusion with

but i rather vote fv than zebu

Then why is your vote sitting on zebu?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Capps I must know.

Capps I have sworn myself to you.

Capps. Are you scum?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CCKeane posted:

Capps I must know.

Capps I have sworn myself to you.

Capps. Are you scum?

No, I really am not.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Then why is your vote sitting on zebu?

FINE
##vote FV

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW

ARE
YOU
HAPPY?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think FV being scum makes sense.

I really don't think Capps is lying on this one.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

FINE
##vote FV

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW

ARE
YOU
HAPPY?

No, I am sad. This is a sad day in Mafialand

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

FV if I'm wrong, please understand that I did everything I've done for love.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CCKeane posted:

FV if I'm wrong, please understand that I did everything I've done for love.

Love of someone who isn't me....

Town has one mislynch left? Just loving kill me and be done with it. When everything I've said is proven true I don't see that scum have anywhere left to hide.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Love of someone who isn't me....

Town has one mislynch left? Just loving kill me and be done with it. When everything I've said is proven true I don't see that scum have anywhere left to hide.

I loved Poque and I shot him in the head with a bus.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CCKeane posted:

I loved Poque and I shot him in the head with a bus.

Yeah, your love of Capps is inspiring some stupid play. You vig Poque over Capps and now you want to lynch me over Capps.

If I hadn't seen him visit you N1 I would swear you are the scum team together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We have me, Ard and FV here. Scum will want to RB me tonight, then kill one of the three. But if two of us survive we will gain info. FV will either catch or clear someone, or Ard will. If FV is scum we'll know soon enough and should still have time to deal with it later. I don't want to kill FV today

• Locked thread