Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

zen death robot posted:

Ralp keeps gassing them, not like I give a poo poo, really.

more reason why he's not as good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thank you Kragger for the surprise gift of Wolfenstein: The New Order. Now I need to get around to finishing Wolfenstein 2009.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Great job with the OP, and thank you for listing all those utilities. It's helpful to have an actual, quasi-endorsed recommendations that goons can trust.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

didn'ta ll the old YCSers go to some offsite forum when The Cancer finally killed the subforum? Did any come back?

I don't recognize any of these people

Lock fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 18, 2014

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"
God drat it. Kragger keeps adding work to my backlog :argh: Thanks for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Downs Duck posted:

God drat it. Kragger keeps adding work to my backlog :argh: Thanks for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance!

Its a four hour game. Man up and play it through you wimp, it's so loving worth it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alright anyway, now that that's all over

I finished Detective Case & Clown Bot, I wouldn't recommend it above $2, I put it in the same adventure tier as Ben There Dan That where there are positive things and some real negatives. The visuals are really nice, the music is really nice, the English translation is really clunky and the humor falls flat constantly. The game has an "audience" with applause and laughtrack if that changes things either way for you.

The engine is okay and some puzzles are fine, the "interrogation" sequences are interesting at first but the choice of which dialogue branch to choose is sometimes as confusing as the interrogation sequences in LA Noire. The game also has Phoenix Wright Syndrome where rooms will randomly change to have people/inventory items depending on the story progression, but without any indication or clue, so if you hit a dead end you have to basically explore every location until you find the one that's been updated.

This dev team will probably make a much better adventure with their next game. Anyway, it's been in a couple of indie bundles so if you were to get it, that's the way I'd do it, in a bundle with other stuff.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

zen death robot posted:

You should play Revengeance ASAP, it's pretty awesome.

poptart_fairy posted:

Its a four hour game. Man up and play it through you wimp, it's so loving worth it.

So I've heard.

Alright, I'm doing this before any other game since you're recommending it so much (have to hit the gym first). Thanks again Krag.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

poptart_fairy posted:

Revengeance only times the battle sequences, the total time with exploration parts and cutscenes is closer to 6-7 hours.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

cat doter posted:

Revengeance only times the battle sequences, the total time with exploration parts and cutscenes is closer to 6-7 hours.

And that doesn't include stuff like VR Missions, the two story DLCs, and learning how to get used to the combat.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Hmm, not seeing a sticky about this thread so I'm thinking it's unofficial.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Finally got around to playing and finishing Assassin's Creed Revelations after postponing it for the longest time (managed to finish all the other AssCreeds in the meantime) and except the den defense (ie. simplistic tower defense controlled from a weird third person angle), which took only about 15 minutes out of about 30 hours, it was really good.

I totally forgot about the metaplot but it was probably the most bearable of all its instances. The few tombs you get to explore really reminded me how much I missed climbing and exploring big fuckoff cathedrals in Black Flag and III despite BF being such a good game for entirely different reasons.

Still can't get over Desmond's potato face, though, why do they keep changing his face every single game :psyduck:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hat Thoughts posted:

Winners don't bump threads - george w bush

I played some of marlow briggs and it really doesn't let it up does it?? Feels like a game you gotta put quarters into

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cat doter posted:

It is also extremely replayable.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I realized earlier that I have over 500 Steam achievements, which is fewer than one per hour of gameplay. I could have learned Spanish by now if lancing peasant villagers in Mount & Blade wasn't so fun.

Hat Thoughts posted:

That just makes posting in here more exciting.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Fag Boy Jim posted:

It is also extremely replayable.

Yep, it does the Devil May Cry thing of completely changing enemy layouts and spawns more difficult enemies earlier on higher difficulties. Game owns. Extremely owns. Best Metal Gear.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It got bought up in the previous thread a few days ago, but the excellent Prototype 2 is on sale today. Get it and the DLC for it and then install this mod that gibbed made that enables the two other dlcs that for some reason on the PC but never sold.

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/http://mod.gib.me/prototype2/enable_dlc.zip

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Has anyone with Hero Siege Early Access tried out the online multiplayer yet?

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Rirse posted:

It got bought up in the previous thread a few days ago, but the excellent Prototype 2 is on sale today. Get it and the DLC for it and then install this mod that gibbed made that enables the two other dlcs that for some reason on the PC but never sold.

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/http://mod.gib.me/prototype2/enable_dlc.zip

IF you don't mind me asking, how does it stack up the original Prototype? I had a lot of fun with that game and the crazy abilites that it had.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Commissar Budgie posted:

IF you don't mind me asking, how does it stack up the original Prototype? I had a lot of fun with that game and the crazy abilites that it had.

I haven't finished it yet, but it's a lot more fun and better balanced in difficulty then the first game. Haven't fought too many bosses, but from what I heard there isn't any Elizabeth Greene boss fight that are super hard this time around. Also the new main character is just having fun with his powers compared to first game where he brooding all the time.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Commissar Budgie posted:

It's Prototype 1 with the rough edges sanded off. Better controls, more useful abilities and less filler, more consistent combat, but it feels like less of an open world and a lot less interesting to just dick around in. I played P1 twice as much as I did the sequel.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lock posted:

didn'ta ll the old YCSers go to some offsite forum when The Cancer finally killed the subforum? Did any come back?

I don't recognize any of these people
Ycs crew and fyad jumped ship the moment it turned out the new forum is poo poo. It's also cool and fun watching people who were regulars in the Steam thread but got called out on being major autists to be the lulzy !1one! content creators for the grand toothless subforum that is Imp.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

If someone plays that game: buy the dodge move. Defensive Offense or some other stupid name?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Commissar Budgie posted:

It's much better than the first game and the main protagonist (an antagonist, really) is a macho rear end in a top hat in the best way possible, loved the game. And I didn't even know there was some DLC that wasn't released for PC, kinda want to play it again now.

e: context

Quest For Glory II posted:

Stick of Truth - $39.99

Which reminds me of that one sequence at the end of the game, did anyone else feel mildly nauseous when playing it, too? Some of the things you... stumbled across in there were a bit :cry:.

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 18, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Humble Store is doing an Ubisoft sale, uhh for the 2nd time this week. Different games though!

ACIV: Black Flag - $19.99
AC Liberation HD - $9.99
Anno 2070 Complete - $12.49
Call of Juarez Gunslinger - $3.74
Child of Light - $11.24
Far Cry 3 - $7.49
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - $3.74
From Dust - $3.74
Might & Magic Heroes VI Complete - $9.99
Rayman Legends - $9.99
Rocksmith 2014 - $14.99
Splinter Cell Blacklist - $7.49
Stick of Truth - $39.99
Trials Fusion - $13.32

e: some of these games are uPlay-only??? And some have Steam keys. Reader beware you're in for a scare

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 18, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If you don't want to bother with uPlay bullshit, Sonic Go Karts Transformed is $5 on Humble Store. Everyone should already have this though???? Go fast

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Is Krater worth 90% off?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
How's the newest Wolfenstein game? I'm waiting for a bigger discount on the retail version so I don't have to download all 40 gigs of the game, but just curious about general impressions.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Steak Justice posted:

Is Krater worth 90% off?

Nope. It's bad, and the worst kind of bad--a subpar mediocre bad that could have been good; but instead is just so bland-blah-notgood that you won't play it, even for $1

Ryuga Death posted:

How's the newest Wolfenstein game? I'm waiting for a bigger discount on the retail version so I don't have to download all 40 gigs of the game, but just curious about general impressions.

Yeah it's really fun, especially for $23 (I think on GMG its $23) but you said you want a retail copy soo that might take longer. It's pretty linear, but it has some throwback elements to older 90s-00's FPS games where you have to scavenge corpses, crates, and you can prone/lean left/lean right (which sadly has gone the way of the dodo). Setting and levels are pretty cool, some nice set pieces, and you can dual wield nearly every gun. Shooting nazi robots, nazi dogs, and nazi robot-dogs never gets old. It doesn't do anything new but it does everything very well

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 18, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Some leftover Humble keys:

Cortex Command - 3KTY5-W8KLJ-9HXK2
Humble Indie Bundle #3 Key - YCQCX-5CRVX-CCRKH
Aura Fate of the Ages (lovely adventure game??) - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=bTBwcpVAC87r2ktB

These'll get lurked, what can ya do

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I lurked this one. Thanks.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It looks like a Myst wannabe in the Steam page so get excited about that!!

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Humble Indie Bundle #3 Key - YCQCX-5CRVX-CCRKH

This one was lurked by me. Thanks!

And for other disappointed lurkers, be more disappointed by lurking this copy of Metal Planet

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I guess the key-swipers with bots or macros or whatever haven't bookmarked the new threads yet, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

blakelmenakle posted:

This one was lurked by me. Thanks!

And for other disappointed lurkers, be more disappointed by lurking this copy of Metal Planet

For some reason I lurked this. Thanks I think?

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Ryuga Death posted:

I finished it a couple of days ago and had lots of fun playing it. It's a really linear, but extremely pretty game, good story and characters for an FPS, being able to dual-wield almost all weapons is really satisfying. Imagine a set-piece campaign like CoD single player, but actually fun.
Of course it's not perfect, but had I bought it at full price, I still wouldn't have felt cheated.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Humble Store is doing an Ubisoft sale, uhh for the 2nd time this week. Different games though!

ACIV: Black Flag - $19.99
AC Liberation HD - $9.99
Anno 2070 Complete - $12.49
Call of Juarez Gunslinger - $3.74
Child of Light - $11.24
Far Cry 3 - $7.49
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - $3.74
From Dust - $3.74
Might & Magic Heroes VI Complete - $9.99
Rayman Legends - $9.99
Rocksmith 2014 - $14.99
Splinter Cell Blacklist - $7.49
Stick of Truth - $39.99
Trials Fusion - $13.32

e: some of these games are uPlay-only??? And some have Steam keys. Reader beware you're in for a scare
To make this easier: only South Park, Rocksmith and Gunslinger are Steam.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Fart of Presto posted:

I finished it a couple of days ago and had lots of fun playing it. It's a really linear, but extremely pretty game, good story and characters for an FPS, being able to dual-wield almost all weapons is really satisfying. Imagine a set-piece campaign like CoD single player, but actually fun.
Of course it's not perfect, but had I bought it at full price, I still wouldn't have felt cheated.

That sounds good. I'll be glad to pick it up when I can, then.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
If I'm gonna get Doom 3, skip BFG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

threads in Games are not considered official until there's a chart, FACT. so here's my steamcompletionist pie

I've beaten too many games, i need to get every pie color to the same percentage or I can't get off!!!

• Locked thread