Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Lawn seats are going for $20 with no service fees today for some shows on the summer tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy 4th Of July :patriot:

Blue_Calx
Sep 20, 2001
So my girlfriend and I want to do a long weekend and see NIN. We live in Anchorage, AK so we were thinking either seeing them in Portland at Sleep Country Amphitheater or in Seattle at the White River Amphitheater. There seems be a lot more good seats at Portland over Seattle. Anyone got any opinions about these venues?

We saw them in LA last year during the Tension tour and I wanted to see the visuals so we were kind of far back. This time I want to be closer and Portland has much better prices for up close tickets.

Plane tickets are a little cheaper to fly to Seattle but not by much.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

I'm guessing one opening act for each leg of the tour

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Damnit, now I'm really mad I'm not getting DEP.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Wish they'd skip an opening act and just have both Soundgarden and NIN play longer sets.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Anonymous John posted:

Wish they'd skip an opening act and just have both Soundgarden and NIN play longer sets.

Yeah, this show just got a little bit more exciting for me. I haven't seen DEP since 2006. My chances of seeing NIN/DEP on stage together playing Wish just increased greatly.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Cold cave was a bad opening act when I saw them in Amsterdam.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Willeh posted:

Cold cave was a bad opening act when I saw them in Amsterdam.

I was there as well, and I agree. It was really meh, and I did not really see anyone get into it at all.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Anonymous John posted:

I honestly doubt Trent can go much longer than the normal 1:30-2:00 he normally plays without really loving up his throat. On some of the longer wave goodbye shows, you could really hear that poo poo getting raw the longer they went on.

Hell I might pop down to tampa for this.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I liked Cold Cave but in retrospect it's probably not the best possible kind of act to open for NIN, especially on a huge arena stage. The singer dude certainly had charisma, but they just totally failed to fill the place with either their stage presence or their music. Think it'd work better in a tiny club.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm going to the Woodlands show in August, so if it's one band per leg of the tour, I'll be loving stoked if that means Dillinger is playing the show I'm going to.

I saw Oneohtrix Point Never before Sigur Ros and he was boring as gently caress, so I feel bad for those going to the shows that he'll open for. And I've never really listened to Cold Cave.

I've missed Dillinger a couple times when they've passed through here but I've had friends who have gone to those shows and said they were loving incredible.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Actually if you get a date with OPN as an opener your in for a treat. He is one of the most creative dudes active right now and his live act is pretty four to the floor right now. Most definitely get there to check him out if he is at one of the shows your going to.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stravinsky posted:

Actually if you get a date with OPN as an opener your in for a treat. He is one of the most creative dudes active right now and his live act is pretty four to the floor right now. Most definitely get there to check him out if he is at one of the shows your going to.
Ehhhhhhh, I saw him over a year ago and his set was incredibly dull. He was playing this soft, slow, droney ambient stuff, which you might think would work before Sigur Ros came on, but half the crowd didn't even know anyone had started playing yet and there were people talking over his entire set. And even if people hadn't been talking over it, I don't think that would've made the experience any better. There wasn't anything interesting about the music he was playing.

Maybe he's better when he plays different stuff, though. I don't know.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well it's not like he can actually be duller than Sigur Ros :v:

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I like Oneohtrix Point Never more than DEP or Cold Cave so I'm happy. I won't be able to hear him anyhow because the acoustics at the amphitheatre are garbage for openers.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

OPNs recent stuff is getting harder to 'chill' to so I can see why everyone here wants 2 hours of Soundgarden. Audioslave is a historically epic band so it's a great opportunity to see Vedder live.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

The last NiN gig was one of the best I've ever seen but I couldn't see myself caring about Soundgarden at all. Also Audioslave wasn't that awesome :iiam:, especially compared to the pedigrees of the people involved.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Yeah, this show just got a little bit more exciting for me. I haven't seen DEP since 2006. My chances of seeing NIN/DEP on stage together playing Wish just increased greatly.

Saw DEP live a couple years back, it was the loudest gig I've ever been to. Very cool.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I knew it wouldn't be long before phiz folk made their way in here :unsmigghh:

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I thought it was pretty keen if not slightly lacking subtlety.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Not NIN news but NIN-related: Josh Eustis, touring member of NIN for the Tension tour, Puscifier contributor and former half of Telefon Tel Aviv, released a new album under the moniker Sons Of Magdelene. The album's called Move To Pain, and it sounds like some of the TTA stuff with more of an 80s synthpop/post-punk edge to it. This is his first venture since touring with NIN, but the music was recorded years ago.

It's not my favorite thing he's done (I like the TTA stuff a lot more), but it's not bad either, and some of y'all might dig it.

http://sonsofmagdalene.bandcamp.com/

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

^^^ This is pretty good. Very Depeche Modey.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Also, apparently deadmau5 is playing Pemberton Fest too :lol: Wonder if he'll attempt to meet Trent only to get snubbed. They're playing different nights, though.

So who's going to / excited for the tour?

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 18, 2014

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I was initially a 'meh' for this tour cause Soundgarden's kinda boring, but then Oneohtrix got added to my nearest gigs. Tempting.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

@nineinchnails posted:

The #NIN2014 North American tour kicked off last night @pemberton_fest. Tonight: Las Vegas.
Wonder if these are just festival visuals or what the whole tour will look like.

This looks like how their early festival performances from last year looked, except those had the moving LED screens behind the entire band. I'm guessing that's what's behind Trent, though.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
glad to see he's still got the Diaper Shorts!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Platypus Farm posted:

glad to see he's still got the Diaper Shorts!

Diaper shorts, check
Screen malfunctions, check
Robin tossing his broken guitar, check
Camera malfunction during closer, check.
Festival-style set list, check.

Still, good show.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
I have an extra ticket for tomorrow night's show at Red Rocks if anyone is interested. I was planning to go with a friend but they cants make it and the tickets are not transferable so I won't be scalping it. I'm not looking to make any money, just what I paid for it. Row 30, seat 67, let me know if you're interested.

edit: Sold to some random dude as I was walking in.

Pr0kjayhawk fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 22, 2014

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Dr Tran posted:

Diaper shorts, check
Screen malfunctions, check
Robin tossing his broken guitar, check
Camera malfunction during closer, check.
Festival-style set list, check.

Still, good show.

How's his voice holding up? By the end of LITS, he was sounding pretty ragged, and this tour has been going on for a -long- time.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wonder if these are just festival visuals or what the whole tour will look like.

It seems similar to the last festival visual scenery, which was different from the regular tour.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
Just got back, that show kicked rear end. I'd never seem him before so I don't know what a good or bad night would sound like but I had a really good time.

Side note: Is it normal for the setlist not to include anything from The Fragile?

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Just got back, that show kicked rear end. I'd never seem him before so I don't know what a good or bad night would sound like but I had a really good time.

Side note: Is it normal for the setlist not to include anything from The Fragile?

For this run of dates, yeah. This whole tour is basically their 2013 festival dates - same production, same setlist. Tension got stuff like "The Wretched" and "Into the Void" and "The Day The Whole World Went Away" but you shouldn't expect to see them on this tour. The Fragile is my favorite album by him, so I share your disappointment.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is from the Red Rocks show from Mariqueen's Instagram. Looks like they broke out the multiple screens again! Now this is looking exactly like last year's festival dates. Which I'm not complaining about because those were cool. And I just looked at a setlist from the other night and they're playing Great Destroyer again which is super rad.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

This is from the Red Rocks show from Mariqueen's Instagram. Looks like they broke out the multiple screens again! Now this is looking exactly like last year's festival dates. Which I'm not complaining about because those were cool. And I just looked at a setlist from the other night and they're playing Great Destroyer again which is super rad.

I was at a festival gig around 2007 and they opened with great destroyer, that was loving great :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Willeh posted:

I was at a festival gig around 2007 and they opened with great destroyer, that was loving great :allears:
Seeing it live on the Lights in the Sky tour was one of my favorite live show experiences of my life so far :swoon:

Gentlemen Bones
Jul 22, 2014

I HAVE FEELINGS! I CARE! IM SO CONFUUUUSED!

I'm going to the Woodlands show in August, so if it's one band per leg of the tour, I'll be loving stoked if that means Dillinger is playing the show I'm going to.

I saw Oneohtrix Point Never before Sigur Ros and he was boring as gently caress, so I feel bad for those going to the shows that he'll open for. And I've never really listened to Cold Cave.

I've missed Dillinger a couple times when they've passed through here but I've had friends who have gone to those shows and said they were loving incredible.

Oneohtrix Point Never I hated at first then had weird urges like a pregnant women for weird food to listen to him throughout the day. He's grown inside me.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
Tinley Park, IL tonight :) being a newbie to NIN shows, I'm excited! I hope the set list is good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sai-kun posted:

Tinley Park, IL tonight :) being a newbie to NIN shows, I'm excited! I hope the set list is good.
Well here's the setlist from Red Rocks on Tuesday night, so if it's similar then it should be a rad show!

quote:

Somewhat Damaged
Wish
March of the Pigs
Reptile
Terrible Lie
Closer
Burn
Gave Up
Sanctified
Me, I'm Not
Find My Way
The Great Destroyer
Eraser
Only
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole

Encore:
Hurt
(Jesus, only one song from Hesitation Marks?! They're playing more career-spanning setlists this time around, it seems like.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Setlist was less exciting than Red Rocks, but it was still an awesome show.

Before 'Only,' Trent said it would be his last show here for a long time :(