Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
If I'm gonna get Doom 3, skip BFG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

threads in Games are not considered official until there's a chart, FACT. so here's my steamcompletionist pie

I've beaten too many games, i need to get every pie color to the same percentage or I can't get off!!!

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.

Sober posted:

If I'm gonna get Doom 3, skip BFG?
Yes, most mods made for Doom 3 don't work with the BFG edition and it adds nothing useful while getting rid of one of the only things Doom 3 has going for it, real-time lights/shadows.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Palpek posted:

Ycs crew and fyad jumped ship the moment it turned out the new forum is poo poo. It's also cool and fun watching people who were regulars in the Steam thread but got called out on being major autists to be the lulzy !1one! content creators for the grand toothless subforum that is Imp.

Sounds like someone's a little bit bitter

Are you really calling other people autists

:ironicat:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - you should know by now that online 'autists' are just another word for faggots or niggers or dipshits or motherfuckers. It's your standard go to curse word at this point. The world's evolving; get with the program. :hellyeah:

Palpek posted:

To make this easier: only South Park, Rocksmith and Gunslinger are Steam.

If you guys wanna buy SouthPark, get it from simplycdkeys instead. It's 25 bucks.

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/steam/south-park-the-stick-of-truth

Drifter fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 18, 2014

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Faraday Cage posted:

Yes, most mods made for Doom 3 don't work with the BFG edition and it adds nothing useful while getting rid of one of the only things Doom 3 has going for it, real-time lights/shadows.
Yeah this is odd, isn't BFG technically on idtech5 or something too?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Drifter posted:

^^^ - you should know by now that online 'autists' are just another word for faggots or niggers or dipshits or motherfuckers. It's your standard go to curse word at this point. The world's evolving; get with the program. :hellyeah:

So is old steam OP melting down again or what

Mushball
May 23, 2012
Are there mods for Doom 3 that make the shotgun more range than right up the monsters face? I played the xbox version at a friends house when it first came out and the biggest thing that irked me was how a game series with awesome shotguns would have one that was a glorified knife like so many shooters tend to do these days.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Widestancer posted:

So is old steam OP melting down again or what

Still better than The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
So GMG is having a "Zombie Feastival" with up to 75% off various zombie games over the weekend. Notably, Typing of the Dead: Overkill is available for $4.99, and you can bring it down to $4 flat with code P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9 (although you can't use both the code and your credit at the same time). I believe this is the cheapest it's ever been, so if you've been waiting on it, now's your chance!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gently caress that is a good deal and the original Typing of the Dead was so fun.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Widestancer posted:

Sounds like someone's a little bit bitter

Are you really calling other people autists

:ironicat:
Yes.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Just an FYI, check out this cool admin post from the other, Official, Steam thread

Cowcaster posted:

Sorry that was mean, you can post the ironicat emote all you want in this thread.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Quest For Glory II posted:

gently caress that is a good deal and the original Typing of the Dead was so fun.

Just a warning about ToTD: OK for those interested in playing it over Steam. Multiplayer netcode is loving atrocious (at least for the House variant). Like some of the worst I've ever seen.

You will never accurate see what the other player is aiming at nor their ammo count, enemies will sometimes get stuck and you'll sit there plugging away at them for 2 minutes before they finally die. Cutscenes get out of sync with the captions and sound. Best of all, you will both see different scores for each other at the end of the round! Some rounds I thought I was kicking my friend's rear end but nope, it just gave him a super low score from my point of view. There is absolutely no reconciliation with what happens on one computer vs the other.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Odd as it sounds that game would probably be more fun to play locally with multiplayer. I don't know if you can just plug in a second keyboard over USB or something and the game would recognize it as separate.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
By the way, Clockwork Empires - earliest access starts today.

Its kind of a Dwarf Fortress-like made by the Dungeons of Dredmor (also goons) devs.

http://clockworkempires.com/

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Some leftover Humble keys:

Cortex Command - 3KTY5-W8KLJ-9HXK2
Humble Indie Bundle #3 Key - YCQCX-5CRVX-CCRKH
Aura Fate of the Ages (lovely adventure game??) - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=bTBwcpVAC87r2ktB

These'll get lurked, what can ya do

I somehow grabbed Cortex Command just now. Like, an hour later. Thanks! It's been my white whale.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Joe Man posted:

I somehow grabbed Cortex Command just now. Like, an hour later. Thanks! It's been my white whale.
I guess it really comes down to the fact that a few goons bookmarked the old Steam thread and constantly checked it for keys. That's pretty funny. It won't last though, eventually they'll all bookmark this one. Maybe it's an argument for making new Steam threads every month or season though.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Joe Man posted:

Have we reached the point where people don't click on things because they're assumed to be lurked, leaving them untaken?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I guess it really comes down to the fact that a few goons bookmarked the old Steam thread and constantly checked it for keys. That's pretty funny. It won't last though, eventually they'll all bookmark this one. Maybe it's an argument for making new Steam threads every month or season though.

They do that in DnD with politics threads. Maybe it is a good idea.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Humble Store is doing an Ubisoft sale, uhh for the 2nd time this week. Different games though!

Child of Light - $11.24

I'm not real big on games as art usually. Is this a game I will likely enjoy?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

razorrozar posted:

They do that in DnD with politics threads. Maybe it is a good idea.

I'm not sure that would fit as well for the Steam thread. For example, it's much easier to search one or two big threads for impressions/comments/complaints about a Steam game that may not have its own Games thread.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Chiming in to say that Splinter Cell: Blacklist is a great game, you can stealth through like the early SC games or go balls out murderer Conviction style (if you're awesome :colbert:).

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

astral posted:

I'm not sure that would fit as well for the Steam thread. For example, it's much easier to search one or two big threads for impressions/comments/complaints about a Steam game that may not have its own Games thread.

I really doubt anyone searches the thread back more than a few pages, tops.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Xeras posted:

It's just a semi-short jrpg, the only "games as art" part that applies to it is "wow this game looks nice"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

What are the hottest new Early Access games? Somebody fill me in.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Seems like someone's reading the wrong steam thread if you want all the hottest inside Early Access tips

SynthOrange posted:

Thanks early access.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Drifter posted:

I really doubt anyone searches the thread back more than a few pages, tops.

I'm talking about the forum search where you can punch in search terms and the thread ID to search the entire thread for something (or, with some form of SALR, the handy in-thread box). I can't speak for other people, but I've often punched in the name of a game I've never heard of or only vaguely remember being mentioned to look back on what people said about it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - The search works? Well call me Sally.

Xeras posted:

Aside from it looking nice it's not really been positively reviewed.

You can afford to wait for it to drop below $10.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Drifter posted:

^^^ - The search works? Well call me Sally.

Yeah, although it looks like there are still some problems with the index not updating. Anything before May of this year seems to be indexed fine, though.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

astral posted:

I'm talking about the forum search where you can punch in search terms and the thread ID to search the entire thread for something (or, with some form of SALR, the handy in-thread box). I can't speak for other people, but I've often punched in the name of a game I've never heard of or only vaguely remember being mentioned to look back on what people said about it.

That search has been broken for awhile, sadly.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

About how long is Arkham Origins's campaign DLC? Just want to know if it's something I'm going to finish in like an hour like City's or if it's something a bit more substantial. Despite the glitches and general jankiness of AO, punching random thugs in the head still feels good.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Why would you get upset at all I don't get it

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

blakelmenakle posted:

So GMG is having a "Zombie Feastival" with up to 75% off various zombie games over the weekend. Notably, Typing of the Dead: Overkill is available for $4.99, and you can bring it down to $4 flat with code P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9 (although you can't use both the code and your credit at the same time). I believe this is the cheapest it's ever been, so if you've been waiting on it, now's your chance!
I feel like waiting for the game + DLC bundle to go on sale would be about as cheap. Think it was like 6-something during the summer sale.

Also no State of Decay Lifeline? For shame GMG

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The achievements in Escape Goat make you feel like the slickest bastard ever when you do them.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Widestancer posted:

Why would you get upset at all I don't get it
It's something I felt like posting, it's bizarre to see familiar avs of ex-regulars from the Steam thread who are now tripping over themselves posting how bad it is. It doesn't seem genuine and feels like some kind of overcompensation. I have nothing against Imp and worded it too generally, you do your thing.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Palpek posted:

It's something I felt like posting, it's bizarre to see familiar avs of ex-regulars from the Steam thread who are now tripping over themselves posting how bad it is. It doesn't seem genuine and feels like some kind of overcompensation. I have nothing against Imp and worded it too generally, you do your thing.

I like this new steam thread and look forward to sharing good and cheap games

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I like the other new steam thread, personally.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Widestancer posted:

I like this new steam thread and look forward to sharing good and cheap games
Welcome friend, I hope to read about and share some healthy discounts too and send some gifts to various posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Eonwe posted:

By the way, Clockwork Empires - earliest access starts today.

Its kind of a Dwarf Fortress-like made by the Dungeons of Dredmor (also goons) devs.

http://clockworkempires.com/

So... anybody have impressions? My "buy" finger is getting twitchy but that price point is enough to stall me until I get a better picture.

• Locked thread