Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh my god, Conan and Dave Franco trolling Tinder for girls, rigging up a creepy rape van, meeting up with one of the girls they matched with and then hanging out with her and her family was loving amazing. I could not stop laughing. That's one of the funniest remotes Conan has done in a long time.

It was arguably better than their lyft remote with ice cube and kevin heart. Which was loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Is it wrong that I'm actually planning on watching Sharkupus vs Pteracuda? I don't think I've watched a cable movie (sober) ever.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Ahahahahahaha

e: Here's a link to the bit in question: http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-dave-franco-tinder-remote

Oh my God that van.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hcreight posted:

Oh my God that van.

The duck tape is just there for the cameras. I do not see any duck tape on the cameras.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Is it wrong that I'm actually planning on watching Sharkupus vs Pteracuda? I don't think I've watched a cable movie (sober) ever.

There is nothing wrong with watching it. However, I find the idea of watching it sober questionable at best.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

There is nothing wrong with watching it. However, I find the idea of watching it sober questionable at best.

Someone will post the parts with Conan in it on Gawker or something, I have a feeling it'll be on the same order of participation as David Letterman in Cabin Boy.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Not that it's worth anything, but Craig pretty much endorsed Aisha Tyler as his replacement when she was on last night.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

More than he endorses everyone else on the show as his replacement?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The way that Nina Tassler has been talking lately there may not even be a Late Late Show as we know it after Craig leaves. It's getting stomped so bad right now by Late Night they may just try something totally different in the time slot. Fallon and Meyers are pretty much crushing everyone in the demo ratings. Meyers is even beating Letterman at this point.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
It'd be a mistake for CBS to concede late night before giving Colbert a chance.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Deadpool posted:

The way that Nina Tassler has been talking lately there may not even be a Late Late Show as we know it after Craig leaves. It's getting stomped so bad right now by Late Night they may just try something totally different in the time slot. Fallon and Meyers are pretty much crushing everyone in the demo ratings. Meyers is even beating Letterman at this point.

Did Meyers show stop sucking at some point?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OldSenileGuy posted:

Did Meyers show stop sucking at some point?

I don't know. It's been a month or two since I've really been able to catch any Late Night shows at all. Last I was watching the monologue was still shaky, the comedy bits still very hit and miss, and the interviews were still really good though.

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Yup.... an article on it:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/tca-politics-in-late-night-late-late-show-replacement-may-not-be-talk-or-comedy-show/

quote:

During CBS’ executive session, Entertainment chairman Nina Tassler discussed the network’s plans for late-night where David Letterman will retire from Late Show this coming season, to be succeeded by Stephen Colbert, and Craig Ferguson too will be leaving The Late Late Show. “We’re looking at it through a different lens,” Tassler said about CBS’ ideas for the 12:30 AM slot, currently occupied by Late Late Show. “The knee-jerk reaction is to go for another traditional, behind-the-desk interview show. But we are looking for all types of hosts, there is the political world, not just the comic world.” The Late Late Show replacement may or may not be a talk show, Tassler said. Employing the post-Craig Kilborn strategy of on-air tryouts with revolving hosts is a possibility.

Also of note....

quote:

As for the timing of the late-night transition, that still is being worked out, Tassler said. The network is in conversations with Colbert about the format of his Late Show, to which he will not be bringing the persona from his Comedy Central program. “He does want the interview format,” Tassler said, noting that talks are going back and forth whether to have a band on a show or not.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Changing the Late Late Show could be a really good thing. Colbert is probably going to draw in a substantially different audience, they may be interested in something that bucks the traditional late night format. It's actually kind of a shame Craig's leaving now; Letterman really couldn't be a worse lead-in for him in terms of comedy.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Maybe, but Colbert out of character is kinda of a wooly-sweater kind of guy, so it could be a very different show than we're used to.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

ufarn posted:

Maybe, but Colbert out of character is kinda of a wooly-sweater kind of guy, so it could be a very different show than we're used to.

Just because he's not doing the Colbert Report character doesn't mean he won't do a character. Johnny Carson was a hard drinking poon hound, but he still played folksy on his show. Colbert would be an imbecile if he didn't do at least some variation of his 'clueless but ardent broadcaster' character because, let's face it, vanilla Colbert is a loving bore.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Deadpool posted:

I don't know. It's been a month or two since I've really been able to catch any Late Night shows at all. Last I was watching the monologue was still shaky, the comedy bits still very hit and miss, and the interviews were still really good though.
One thing that bothers me about his monologue- one thing that bothers me about his monologue is his near-pathological need- a near-pathological need to repeat the setup to about a third- a third- of the jokes.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The original Late Late Show was Tom Snyder, just him in a small room talking to somebody interesting and occasionally taking phone calls. They could go back to something along those lines. Which Ferguson would be GREAT at, but alas.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I just want Ferguson to make a podcast where he talks to people for as long as he wants.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Brock Samson posted:

Roger Corman is still alive and making movies? Jesus Christ.

Yeah, I saw him a couple of years ago. He still has the whole speech on how to make a film on the cheap down cold. He also still has money to finance films so he mostly does that and then gives some advice to the director and maybe does a set visit at some point. He'll probably die on the set of "Invasion of the Topless Shark Women" just the way he wants to, and his funeral will come in under budget because they will reuse existing materials for it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just got back from watching Craig tape two shows - tonight's show and his August 7th show. He did enough referencing between shows that it might be worth taping both shows and watching them at the same time to get the Full Effect.

I was right behind Lesbian Row on the far side, and I could stand up and look over the railing and watch the man behind Geoff Peterson be the man behind Geoff Peterson. I believe either tonight or August 7th may be the debut of The Nicolas Cage Fly, which might be the best fly. If it was August 7th, then it will probably also be tomorrow.

Also, Morena Baccarin is very attractive, and the actress from Hercules is stunning enough that Craig kind of forgot how to talk (should be tonight's show) and he made a point of talking to the studio audience between segments to marvel about how dumbfoundingly stunning/scary she is.

It was nice to hear the unbleeped cusswords.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3K-2Zy26QA

Conan's full cameo in that sharktopus whatever movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stare-Out posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3K-2Zy26QA

Conan's full cameo in that sharktopus whatever movie.
I'm surprised he released the entire scene already. Now people have no need to actually watch the movie when it comes out!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Conan's a nice guy like that. I wouldn't watch that crap beyond his cameo anyway.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I'm surprised he released the entire scene already. Now people have no need to actually watch the movie when it comes out!

Yeah, pretty much. I do enjoy that, right now, Conan's still top-billed on IMDB.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

And film was never the same again.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So, the New York Governor beat all others to revealing that Colbert will continue to run the show out of the old Ed Sullivan room. That's expected, I guess, since the TDS/CR are done out of New York, but man, once Craig leaves a tourist to LA is looking at either Kimmel or daytime TV.

It's kind of weird for everyone at once to go NYC, I think Dave had trouble getting big name celebrities sometimes because Leno was in Hollywood. But I assume the Fallon and Meyers shows both draw on the considerable influence of Lorne Michaels with guests (and apparently with the audience, based on ratingschat).

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 24, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Anybody else listen to the Carson podcast? http://carsonpodcast.com/ It's hit or miss, but more often then not it's interesting. The Dick Cavett one was probably my favorite, since it talks about his time on Carson and his own show.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Now people have no need to actually watch the movie when it comes out!

SHUT YOUR MOUTH I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH IT :ese:

Then again, I love horrible SyFy movies.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Craptacular! posted:

So, the New York Governor beat all others to revealing that Colbert will continue to run the show out of the old Ed Sullivan room. That's expected, I guess, since the TDS/CR are done out of New York, but man, once Craig leaves a tourist to LA is looking at either Kimmel or daytime TV.

It's kind of weird for everyone at once to go NYC, I think Dave had trouble getting big name celebrities sometimes because Leno was in Hollywood. But I assume the Fallon and Meyers shows both draw on the considerable influence of Lorne Michaels with guests (and apparently with the audience, based on ratingschat).

What about Conan?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Conan should have moved back to New York for TBS.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Aphrodite posted:

It would have let the show keep Max. :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Timby posted:

It would have let the show keep Max. :(

He could have spent an episode recapturing Abe Vigoda

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
He probably didn't want to make his entire staff uproot their lives again, like they did with The Tonight Show move.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

As much as I've enjoyed his remotes in LA, NYC and Manhattan especially is just such a much more interesting place to be out and about.

Alternatively, he can up his number of road shows to 4+ a year :colbert: since remotes are the best part of his show and a roadshow is like 4 hours of remotes right? :downs:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Steve Vader posted:

Also, Morena Baccarin is very attractive, and the actress from Hercules is stunning enough that Craig kind of forgot how to talk (should be tonight's show) and he made a point of talking to the studio audience between segments to marvel about how dumbfoundingly stunning/scary she is.

The dress on that broad. Holy poo poo.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Palisades Park Pet Patrol is two grown men spitting crackers at each other. That was great.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Palisades Park Pet Patrol is two grown men spitting crackers at each other. That was great.

You want some crack?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This whole episode has been magic :allears:

"It's 3015, Martha! Grow up!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Brock Samson posted:

You want some crack?

Jon Hamm: "I just bought some crack."