Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Does anybody else think that Zak Cummings looks a lot like Ted Levine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

CommonShore posted:

That fight was so far from close that the 29-28 has me kind of mystified.

Most likely when McCall slipped at the end of the 1st round after Pickett threw a strike the judges assumed that Pickett created a knockdown.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
"The veteran Hor-Jay Santiago"

gently caress I hate the English

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I forgot how Machida-y Nelson is on the feet.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Every time Nelson fights I expect him to get head-kicked into oblivion

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

CommonShore posted:

That fight was so far from close that the 29-28 has me kind of mystified.

Eh I could def see someone scoring the first for Pickett even if McCall pretty clearly had it.

I had money on McCall and really thought he had to take the third to have it in the bag, and even then I wouldn't have been shocked to see some dickhead score it 29-28 Pickett.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
WHERE ARE YOU FENCE REF, WE NEED YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you are apparently awful at scoring fights

theon greyjoy, karate master

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
the first and only time winter wonderland is sung at a UFC event.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

you are apparently awful at scoring fights

theon greyjoy, karate master

No I just realize MMA judging is very bad. I never said I scored it that way (I had it 30-27 McCall) but I've seen fights just as lopsided scored in retarded ways.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Ty1990 posted:

No I just realize MMA judging is very bad. I never said I scored it that way (I had it 30-27 McCall) but I've seen fights just as lopsided scored in retarded ways.

Ty1990 posted:

I had money on McCall and really thought he had to take the third to have it in the bag, and even then I wouldn't have been shocked to see some dickhead score it 29-28 Pickett.

I don't get it. 29-28 McCall is a travesty. If it was scored 29-28 Pickett it'd probably be one of the 10 worst decisions in the past decade.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Gunnar has one sibling, a sister named María Dögg Nelson born 1992 in Reykjavík.[6][7]

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Cummings needs to keep Nelson against the cage

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I don't get it.

What's hard to understand? I said I wouldn't have been shocked if, because of stupid judging, it was even going into the third round. I put almost nothing past the judges anymore after Diego Sanchez's last two victories.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Is this karate stance purely for countering? Does karate have a jab?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

-Atom- posted:

Cummings needs to keep Nelson against the cage

I'm kind of impressed by how well he's doing that, although maybe Nelson just has iffy ringwork himself. Not familiar enough with him to say.

edit:
nelson's eve online ad is just peeling off the back of his shorts

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
this is not a very good fight, in my opinion

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Gunnar Nelson's rear end Logo

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Geno Petralli posted:

Is this karate stance purely for countering? Does karate have a jab?

Southpaw vs orthodox tends to involve a lot less jabbing and a lot more patty-cake, karate or not.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
jesus christ why did you waste two thirds of the fight doing nothing you rear end

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

cummings might be ahead on the scorecards because of nelson's extremely low volume... oh nelson is on his back now.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

jesus christ why did you waste two thirds of the fight doing nothing you rear end

Seriously what the hell?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Great finish, he needs tougher competition next. Now on to the main event

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Stand around casually for 10 minutes then effortlessly tap the guy out in less than a minute

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013
gently caress yeah Iceland!

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Cool. Cool cool cool.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Wow that ruled.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
That place is going to erupt for the main event

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

I love Nelsons grappling, its beautiful.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I liked those strikes from Cummings's back to open up the neck, those slapping punches to the liver seemed to be pretty effective.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Gunnar was losing that fight, but he's just on another level on the ground.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I assume somebody from SBG had money on it ending in the 2nd

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I was going to ask if Gunnar looked gassed in that round to anyone else but apparently that exhausted thousand yard stare is just his default expression

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Some of this threads' stream is ahead of mine. :(

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
that's the definition of slick jits, but drat he didn't do poo poo for most of the fight. he kept sitting on the counter but only countered like one every five engagements

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Triticum Guzzler posted:

It made the instant murdering when they started grappling even better.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ty1990 posted:

Some of this threads' stream is ahead of mine. :(

i'm watching on my Roku box with Fight Pass and I'm like a minute and a half behind dinks streaming on IRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It sounded like Matt Brown was talking about heroin.

• Locked thread