Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Apparently there were no HLTV demos recorded for DH Valencia lol, hopefully shox recorded his own POV.

http://www.twitch.tv/officiel_jvcom/b/549029180 French cast, d2 begins at 6hr 6min~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

mcvey posted:

Apparently there were no HLTV demos recorded for DH Valencia lol, hopefully shox recorded his own POV.

http://www.twitch.tv/officiel_jvcom/b/549029180 French cast, d2 begins at 6hr 6min~

These guys might have it later maybe?
csgoworldorg
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7tKkLhi00iXEoWbGypXDgg

Here's "Niko going CS:GO de_dust2 POV Hiko (33/9) vs NiP"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j45QQadF6fE

Everything about is :stare:. The way he peeks, the way crosshair is loving glued to the corners, just the way he moves around the map. I thought I was poo poo at the game but its like Im a hockey player who cant even stand up in the skates.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

My decoy kill on Donut.

http://www.gfycat.com/ImmenseApprehensiveBats

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

They should have sent a poet.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Cute n Popular posted:

I'm using SweetFX because I'm on laptop and can't turn up vibrance otherwise.

I'd be terrified of using that in a cheat protected game. I'm also incredibly paranoid and one of the people that think VAC watches every single thing going on in your box.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Xenaero posted:

I'd be terrified of using that in a cheat protected game. I'm also incredibly paranoid and one of the people that think VAC watches every single thing going on in your box.

You also have sexual fantasies about reptiles so that's pretty tame in comparison

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
So for anyone interested the Oceanic Qualifier for ESL One Cologne starts in about 15 minutes.

Twitch
Event Page
Live Bracket

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Is any other team than VoX Eminor a serious contender?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I'll attend ESL Cologne and I'm unreasonably hype for it.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

Smol posted:

Is any other team than VoX Eminor a serious contender?

If anyone can do it, it's Immunity. They're currently a map down and looking a little shaken in their Semi Final however so who knows.

Vox have already made it through to the Grand Final pretty convincingly and looked (in the 1st qualifying tournament last week) unstoppable. If they do qualify I wouldn't be surprised to see them make more of an impact than in Poland.

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 20, 2014

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

So in the OP the great econ writeup mentions buying armor/p250 but at least armor after a lost pistol round. I feel like I very rarely see people buying armor in round 2 after a loss (even in goonman), is this strategy still current? I hear a lot more 'don't buy anything' after a lost pistol round.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

VelociBacon posted:

So in the OP the great econ writeup mentions buying armor/p250 but at least armor after a lost pistol round. I feel like I very rarely see people buying armor in round 2 after a loss (even in goonman), is this strategy still current? I hear a lot more 'don't buy anything' after a lost pistol round.

buy whatever you want on round 2 after a loss on 1. i wouldn't recommend buying kevlar w/o a helmet though. if you're not going to get a helmet, the 650 for kevlar is pretty much always better off being spent on anything else. always get at least a p250 on round 2

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

VelociBacon posted:

The most important thing is to coordinate your economy with your team. Armor+helmet and pistol is pretty rare in competitive mm because it is hard to get everyone on the same page for a weird play like that.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

buy whatever you want on round 2 after a loss on 1. i wouldn't recommend buying kevlar w/o a helmet though. if you're not going to get a helmet, the 650 for kevlar is pretty much always better off being spent on anything else. always get at least a p250 on round 2

That's actually a really good point about the 650 not being worth it. I'll play more with the p250 - I do have the supernova skin anyways so why not!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
The thing that makes helm/250 so ridiculously strong is that either you face non-AP weapons at much better odds, or you force your opponent to stretch money to buy rifles round 2 which you can then pick up for more firepower against THEIR armor, and it moneyfucks the poo poo out of them going into round 3 if they lose. You can full buy round 4 CT with helm/250 round 2 (which is what you'd be doing anyway), and you can full buy round 3 T with one bomb plant even if you lose round 2. That said, I rarely see round 2 helm/250 T side unless I'm with a stack and we lost the pistol round against a team who got off some lucky shots and we feel like we can rush a site and surprise the hell out of some scrubs.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jul 20, 2014

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Stumbletron posted:

If anyone can do it, it's Immunity. They're currently a map down and looking a little shaken in their Semi Final however so who knows.

Vox have already made it through to the Grand Final pretty convincingly and looked (in the 1st qualifying tournament last week) unstoppable. If they do qualify I wouldn't be surprised to see them make more of an impact than in Poland.

nuke game was the worst game of counterstrike ive ever seen and the casters loving suck

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
So Immunity just came back from 14-1 down (with a player at 200 ping) to win their way into the final :eyepop:

e: I didn't say it was pretty

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

avants strategy for 15 rounds on t-side nuke: cram the gently caress into a site like its a 3 stooges sketch

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
The round where 2 of them ran past a CT without shooting was my favourite

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it truly was a memorable game. vox are going to destroy them

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
I haven't seen many Aus games but my understanding is that Rickeh is pretty mercurial. If he gets going, who knows what could yeah but they seem like nice guys so it's ok

Grand final starting now: http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_cs

GOTV if you can't handle the shitcasting accents: 203.33.121.182:28141

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jul 20, 2014

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

they hosed up a ct smoke on inferno..

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
I feel so sorry for vox not knowing how well they're doing until they get off a plane

e: Vox take 1st half 13-2, I don't think any round lasted more than 60 seconds lmao

e2: Havoc is 27-2 :xd:

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 20, 2014

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the guy with the loud bad microphone keeps making sex sounds on stream

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Did it just restart? On the stream linked above the map changed before the match ended?

e: Watching at work so I can't listen.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Yeah they went to the next map before GOTV could catch up, kind of lovely considering they've been waiting for the delay all day until the final

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Stumbletron posted:

Yeah they went to the next map before GOTV could catch up, kind of lovely considering they've been waiting for the delay all day until the final

Ah gotcha. So is this live or prerecorded? I ask because the post up this page talks about the big comeback last map before I saw it on stream? Or was that another big comeback.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
It was another big comeback

They're casting the GOTV not the gameserver itself, there's something like a 2 minute delay to stop matchmaking idiots from having their friends spectate games and call enemy positions for them.

So I guess it's nearly live

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I won't be solo-queueing for a while. The thought of listening to some Russian oval office screaming at me makes me sick. Yes, I know its completely irrational and Im an rear end in a top hat, but gently caress Russia.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

bpower posted:

I won't be solo-queueing for a while. The thought of listening to some Russian oval office screaming at me makes me sick. Yes, I know its completely irrational and Im an rear end in a top hat, but gently caress Russia.

Huh?

e: wait do you actually mean that because of the MH17 stuff? The 15 year old Russian kid you'd be solo queueing with that has half the education/professional opportunity you do and lovely social systems etc doesn't need your 1st world fox news angst against him on top of that. Also he has as much to do with the decisions of his govt than you personally did with the retarded Bush foreign policies.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

VelociBacon posted:

Huh?

e: wait do you actually mean that because of the MH17 stuff? The 15 year old Russian kid you'd be solo queueing with that has half the education/professional opportunity you do and lovely social systems etc doesn't need your 1st world fox news angst against him on top of that. Also he has as much to do with the decisions of his govt than you personally did with the retarded Bush foreign policies.
I think he just means that he is not fond of repeatedly listening to listing of all mental diseases implied to him, as well as colourful remarks regarding his play, flavoured with detailed history of sexual intercourses his mother has been part of - and all that excessively loudly and in a language he, most likely, does not understand.

Edit: I don't not write bad sentences.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jul 20, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Its an accumulation of things, but yeah the MH17 "stuff" was the tipping point.
People throwing around homophobic slurs is one thing, but when they come from a member of a society that condones brutalising gays it becomes a little too much for me. And Im not a right wing rear end in a top hat, I'm a raging liberal rear end in a top hat, thank you very much.

bpower fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 20, 2014

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Round 1 full save loss into round 2 nova armor is the way to play CT side anything.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
five-seven supremacy

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Round 1 full save loss into round 2 nova armor is the way to play CT side anything.

*spits on the ground* disgusting

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

mcvey posted:

*spits on the ground* disgusting

Yeah, it leaves no spare cash for a 2nd round flashbang into teammate's face.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

The Flying Fish posted:

avants strategy for 15 rounds on t-side nuke: cram the gently caress into a site like its a 3 stooges sketch

My friends and I use a similar tactic for CT side of Nuke on save rounds. We have crow's nest which is five people sitting on rafter at A and cockroach, which is five guys (two on bottom, two on each of them, and one standing between) cramped into dark corner at B. Ridiculously stupid and surprisingly effective.

Is there any way to grab a demo once it's off the main page of the Your Matches screen? I meant to download a demo earlier where, on Nuke, I ran out of toxic with a molotov, got shot (as expected), lit the bombsite, and killed the three people who tried to defuse, but I can't find the game listed. It's probably the only cool thing I've ever done in CS:GO.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Bloodplay it again posted:

My friends and I use a similar tactic for CT side of Nuke on save rounds. We have crow's nest which is five people sitting on rafter at A and cockroach, which is five guys (two on bottom, two on each of them, and one standing between) cramped into dark corner at B. Ridiculously stupid and surprisingly effective.in CS:GO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meoYsnz43zE

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Seriously, always check toxic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Just almost lost a game of Nuke because the other side started using all autoshotties. It was pretty spectacular.

• Locked thread