Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

Just thought you all should know, today I saw a black Acura with a license plate that said Blacura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I'm having a drink with my ex tonight because I make bad decisions. I survived the two months we agreed not to talk to each other and she was the one who contacted me and asked if we could meet in person to catch up. So that at least feels like a small victory.

You'll know how well it went by the number of drunk tweets you see this evening.

In healthier news: camping rules. Camping alone rules. Skinnydipping rules. Skinnydipping with salamanders rules.

I know a lot of the stuff I'm buying are "buy it once, use it for 10 years" kinds of things, but this initial investment in all my camping gear is killing my wallet.

Also: This thread has too many posts and I just skipped about 600. Your lists rules and all but I gots poo poo to do here.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
RIP Geekboy, dick bitten off by a salamander.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sheldrake posted:

Oh we all knew that's how it was gonna end.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Sheldrake posted:

It's for the best.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
:iit:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Just saw the one good hardcore band in Boston play the best set I've seen them play in the parking lot to a radiator repair shop, chugged 4 tallboys, and now I'm goin' to see the Raid 2. Kind of a bitchin' way to spend a Saturday night, not gonna lie.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

TrixRabbi posted:

I came up with an idea for a repertory series - "Jesus Christ: Superstar"

Various depictions of Jesus from the holy to the blasphemous. Any suggestions?

I just watched Lawrence of Arabia last night so I vote for that. Although he's not the Messiah – he's a very naughty boy.

Comedy option: Superstar

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Sheldrake posted:

Please. Those salamanders were tiny.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
But hungry.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Just saw the one good hardcore band in Boston play the best set I've seen them play in the parking lot to a radiator repair shop, chugged 4 tallboys, and now I'm goin' to see the Raid 2. Kind of a bitchin' way to spend a Saturday night, not gonna lie.
That does sound like a badass night. I'm jealous!

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Geekboy posted:

Oof. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TrixRabbi posted:

Oof. Talk about adding insult to injury.

:pwn:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Geekboy posted:

Much like your posting? :shepface:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Which hardcore band is that?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Geekboy posted:

I'm having a drink with my ex tonight because I make bad decisions. I survived the two months we agreed not to talk to each other and she was the one who contacted me and asked if we could meet in person to catch up. So that at least feels like a small victory.

You'll know how well it went by the number of drunk tweets you see this evening.

In healthier news: camping rules. Camping alone rules. Skinnydipping rules. Skinnydipping with salamanders rules.

I know a lot of the stuff I'm buying are "buy it once, use it for 10 years" kinds of things, but this initial investment in all my camping gear is killing my wallet.

Also: This thread has too many posts and I just skipped about 600. Your lists rules and all but I gots poo poo to do here.

Enjoy post break up sex.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Biodome posted:

Enjoy post break up sex.

With the salamanders?

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Biodome posted:

Enjoy post break up sex.

We already had that phase. I've actually promised myself I won't. But I'm weak sooo ...

By the way, smoking weed when you're already paranoid that you heard something large moving through the woods while you're camping in a spot where there's no one else for miles around probably isn't the best idea.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

Biodome posted:

Earth Girls are Easy.
That movie is my poo poo. This year marks 25 years since its nationwide release!

1989 was a ridiculously good year for movies: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Do the Right Thing, Major League, UHF, The Wizard, Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade, Cook/Thief/Wife/Lover, the best Wallace & Gromit short, Back to the Future II, Christmas Vacation, Uncle Buck, Road House, Night Cries

EDIT: Somehow missed the entire last page and a half. Thanks Obama.

Biodome posted:

Enjoy post break up sex.
I've actually never once had post-breakup sex. I have no idea what that says about me or anyone else.

CloseFriend fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 20, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CloseFriend posted:

That movie is my poo poo. This year marks 25 years since its nationwide release!

1989 was a ridiculously good year for movies: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Do the Right Thing, Major League, UHF, The Wizard, Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade, Cook/Thief/Wife/Lover, the best Wallace & Gromit short, Back to the Future II, Christmas Vacation, Uncle Buck, Road House, Night Cries

Thanks for reminding me, the 25th anniversary of UHF's release is 2 days from now, so I'm gonna watch it again.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

CloseFriend posted:

I've actually never once had post-breakup sex. I have no idea what that says about me or anyone else.

You should call up all of your crazy exes and bang them. Now.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
Slice of Library: Checked out Robin of Sherwood from the library. For no discernible reason, some rear end in a top hat scratched up Disc 3 and only Disc 3. Judging by the scratch marks it was clearly intentional. Why the gently caress would anyone do that? I mean, yeah, the Internet has desensitized me to dickishness, but it still surprises me when people do really lovely things for absolutely no benefit.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I don't think that would work. The one thing every single one of my relationships had in common was that our sex life spontaneously dried up like a loving raisin before we broke up. I never figured out how that kept happening. We'd just be happily loving every day, then suddenly we stopped and the next thing I knew, we hated each other. I wish I knew what it was I said or did to spontaneously transform every woman I've ever dated into Lysistrata.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Sorry about your reverse King Midas wang

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Slice of Life: little kids should not be left around people who are on couches, napping, without socks on. Because if your foot cramps up, those little kids will see the strange bump of a muscle cramping and say "I need to draw on this!" Now I've got this fat caterpillar-like doodle on the arch of my foot.

(full disclosure: there was a non-somnolent adult nearby keeping tabs on the children. Said adult found it funny and didn't bother to stop any foot defacement.)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Biodome posted:

Enjoy post break up sex.

It's alright but I still think Norgaard is their best song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VI3q4T-1Jc

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

MisterBibs posted:

Slice of Life: little kids should not be left around people who are on couches, napping, without socks on. Because if your foot cramps up, those little kids will see the strange bump of a muscle cramping and say "I need to draw on this!" Now I've got this fat caterpillar-like doodle on the arch of my foot.

(full disclosure: there was a non-somnolent adult nearby keeping tabs on the children. Said adult found it funny and didn't bother to stop any foot defacement.)

Might as well just join a monastery now. No one would ever have you and your disfigured foot.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Only good hardcore band is a dead one hth

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

MisterBibs posted:

TBF it is funny

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

I know I would have sat back and laughed the whole time.

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

The only Disney Princess with a body count... in the thousands.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Don't ever, ever do this. It's messy, both literally and figuratively, and more trouble than it is worth. Unless the exes in question are not crazy. In which case go to town, I guess.

But not you, Geekboy. Don't do it!

CloseFriend posted:

I don't think that would work. The one thing every single one of my relationships had in common was that our sex life spontaneously dried up like a loving raisin before we broke up. I never figured out how that kept happening. We'd just be happily loving every day, then suddenly we stopped and the next thing I knew, we hated each other. I wish I knew what it was I said or did to spontaneously transform every woman I've ever dated into Lysistrata.
She's only Lysistrata if she's doing it for political reasons. If all your exes were doing it for political reasons, that makes me deeply curious about the nature of your relationships.

MisterBibs posted:

Pictures. I want to see this "fat caterpillar-like" doodle.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

CloseFriend posted:

Batman.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

CloseFriend posted:

Back to the Future II, Christmas Vacation, Uncle Buck, Road House,

Boy this list really comes apart at the end here, huh.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The 1961 King of Kings is one of the few Jesus movies actually worthwhile.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

penismightier posted:

Boy this list really comes apart at the end here, huh.

I remember Uncle Buck as being great :colbert:

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

FishBulb posted:

I remember Uncle Buck as being great :colbert:

It is not.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

TwistedLadder posted:

Don't ever, ever do this. It's messy, both literally and figuratively, and more trouble than it is worth. Unless the exes in question are not crazy. In which case go to town, I guess.

I am CineD's id

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

TwistedLadder posted:

Pictures. I want to see this "fat caterpillar-like" doodle.

You're lucky I took a picture before I washed it off. Out of all the random drawing objects around, she had to use the strongest (I don't know how to define it) pen...

(replaced it with a smaller one, forgot my camera takes huge pictures...)

(I legit wish I knew what specific muscle causes my big toe to bend downwards, because I'm pretty sure that's the cramp the kid decided to immortalize. Big toe goes down, muscle on side of foot balls up.)

In actual movie news, thanks to How Did This Get Made I've watched No Holds Barred and this movie is amazing.

edit: vvv if it's any consolation, I didn't see it if you were being mean to me.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 20, 2014

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Aw that was mean sorry

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

About to watch Dark City for the first time. I have absolutely no idea what this movie is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

TrixRabbi posted:

About to watch Dark City for the first time. I have absolutely no idea what this movie is about.

You're in for a doozy.

• Locked thread