Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I went to the 9/11 museum the other day and I thought it was really well done. The highlight of my visit was walking by two dudes on a bench inside the part of the museum located on the foundation of one of the towers and one of them is explaining to the other that: "I don't think the 3rd plane hit the pentagon, they never found any pieces of a plane, and everyone says it was a missile." :tinfoil: He actually happened to be sitting 20 feet from a large chunk of fuselage recovered from the pentagon. Has anyone else been and what did you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The new Magic School Bus series that Netflix funded is getting an episode about airplanes and they're going to cover plane safety rules.

The new Ms Frizzle looks like April from 1989 Ninja Turtles.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you stupid americans need to get over the 911 poo poo

i mean cmon it wasn't even that bad

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:911:
:happyelf:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zzulu posted:

you stupid americans need to get over the 911 poo poo

If you haven't noticed we're still dealing with the repercussions of slavery which ended over a hundred years ago.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How much was the admission? Get anything in the gift shop?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah, there's a 9/11 museum.

I forgot.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Wooten posted:

I went to the 9/11 museum the other day and I thought it was really well done. The highlight of my visit was walking by two dudes on a bench inside the part of the museum located on the foundation of one of the towers and one of them is explaining to the other that: "I don't think the 3rd plane hit the pentagon, they never found any pieces of a plane, and everyone says it was a missile." :tinfoil: He actually happened to be sitting 20 feet from a large chunk of fuselage recovered from the pentagon. Has anyone else been and what did you think?

Did you point that out to them? I would've. Probably would've tried to rub their noses in the wreckage like a bad dog, and go "NO!"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Zzulu posted:

i lost my boyfriend you piece of poo poo!!

when i close my eyes i can still see him flying that plane into the pentagon

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
I work down the street and drive past it once a week. Never gone inside. What's that unfinished structure that looks like an armadillo skeleton?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

i lost my boyfriend you piece of poo poo!!

when i close my eyes i can still see him flying that plane into the pentagon
A fresh twist on the old guard tower joke.

I love it! :unsmigghh:

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you haven't noticed we're still dealing with the repercussions of slavery which ended over a hundred years ago.

Yeah, slavery was about as bad as 9/11.

McDowell posted:

How much was the admission? Get anything in the gift shop?

Admission was $21 a person I think. Then you had to walk by a bomb sniffing dog (that happened to be asleep at the time), and walk through an authentic TSA checkpoint. It even had one of those bomb sniffing machines (in case the dog is sleeping). I thought it fit with the theme perfectly. The gift shop was kind of lame. Mostly books about 9/11, american flags, and model fire trucks. There was a pretty awesome "dogs of 9/11" bookmark that I almost bought though.

never trust an elf posted:

I work down the street and drive past it once a week. Never gone inside. What's that unfinished structure that looks like an armadillo skeleton?

No idea what that thing is, but it looked pretty metal with a bunch of guys welding and grinding it with huge sparks flying every where.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
please kick these people into the fountains next time you nearby op

http://www.vice.com/read/photos-of-people-taking-selfies-at-the-911-memorial-717

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014

Wooten posted:

Admission was $21 a person I think. Then you had to walk by a bomb sniffing dog (that happened to be asleep at the time), and walk through an authentic TSA checkpoint. It even had one of those bomb sniffing machines (in case the dog is sleeping). I thought it fit with the theme perfectly.

the terrorists won

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lusitania.
Reichstag.
Pearl Harbor.
Gulf of Tonkin.

They seemed like one thing at the time. But they turned out to be coups to get a populace to support a war.

Never forget.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Whirlwind Jones posted:

A fresh twist on the old guard tower joke.

I love it! :unsmigghh:

hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin
I went to NYC on my honeymoon last year. The 9/11 Memorial wasn't finished, but you could go in to the reflecting pools. I was surprised by how much it moved me - scales of disaster are hard to fathom and we don't really have skyscrapers on your scale in the UK, especially out of London.

By far the most touching palace was St Paul's Chapel. I'd never heard of it before and we didn't realise the 9/11 connection, but I've always liked old churches so we went in. That place nearly had me in tears to be honest. I really felt the anger and upset that New York must have felt that day.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
its great that you paid money to subject yourself to government coverup propaganda

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Gazpacho posted:

did you have to pay money to subject yourself to government coverup propaganda
Nice post/avatar combo here.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Wooten posted:

Yeah, slavery was about as bad as 9/11.

Not even close, really. 9/11 was mostly rich white people dying, right?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Not even close, really. 9/11 was mostly rich white people dying, right?
Seth MacFarlane was supposed to die but didn't so I think by default that makes 9/11 worse.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Nice post/avatar combo here.
bush was a crazy christian who planned the attacks, osama was a crazy muslim who took the fall, it's the burden of us rational types to figure it all out

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Do they include this info or the dancing mossad agents?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
stop being so hard on seth, he's realized the error of his ways

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Complete loving rip off - They were literally trying to pass off some old fire trucks as Porches. Restaurant was Ok.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

jalopybrown posted:

Do they include this info or the dancing mossad agents?

i love the mentality that produces this, like someone thought htey could make a flyer that boils down to "some people you never heard of aren't dead!" :argh: and an uprising would follow

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

hermand posted:

I went to NYC on my honeymoon last year. The 9/11 Memorial wasn't finished, but you could go in to the reflecting pools. I was surprised by how much it moved me - scales of disaster are hard to fathom and we don't really have skyscrapers on your scale in the UK, especially out of London.

By far the most touching palace was St Paul's Chapel. I'd never heard of it before and we didn't realise the 9/11 connection, but I've always liked old churches so we went in. That place nearly had me in tears to be honest. I really felt the anger and upset that New York must have felt that day.

New York is a terrible place to vacation. I only go there occasionally because of work and because I have some family there, and I hate every minute of it every single time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Gazpacho posted:

i love the mentality that produces this, like someone thought htey could make a flyer that boils down to "some people you never heard of aren't dead!" :argh: and an uprising would follow

I think it's more like this:

The owner of the WTC had a doctors appointment that morning. It got cancelled so rather than go to work he decided to go for a walk. This was a few weeks after he insured his buildings against terrorist attack. Also, coincidentally, both his children, who also worked in the buildings, decided that would be a good day to be late or just not show up.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Waltzing Along posted:

I think it's more like this:

The owner of the WTC had a doctors appointment that morning. It got cancelled so rather than go to work he decided to go for a walk. This was a few weeks after he insured his buildings against terrorist attack. Also, coincidentally, both his children, who also worked in the buildings, decided that would be a good day to be late or just not show up.
assuming all of that to be true i don't see how it contradicts my characterization

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
a few years after it happened I was in a local museum for some reason and they had this huge loving book that was just thousands of pictures of people reacting and stuff related to 9/11, it was pretty great. They had copies for sale for a couple hundred bucks a pop and I regret not buying it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Gazpacho posted:

assuming all of that to be true i don't see how it contradicts my characterization

Because Jews did 9/11 are you loving retarded

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
it's more like they knew an attack was forthcoming so they let it happen and made a shitload of money in the process

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

The question has been asked on several occasions why on that morning Mr. Silverstein decided to attend a dentist appointment rather than eat breakfast as he normally did at the Windows on the World. There have been numerous theories as to what might have happened. Over a decade of research has been project into examining every public record that could be found. There has been no direct link to Silverstein in direct connection with 9/11. However there has been many unanswered questions as to what really caused the twin towers to collapse. It has been shown from satellite footage that there was some use of a directed energy weapon by a foreign power that could have caused the collapse of the Twin Towers that morning. There is also the possibility of an inside attack by the United States Government but in the past few years strange evidence has linked certain factions of the Japanese Goverments to the attack of 9/11. More investigation is underway.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

butplug accident posted:

it's more like they knew an attack was forthcoming so they let it happen and made a shitload of money in the process
Also that one actress that was at Sandyhook and the Batman thing and also at the Boston bombings.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
woohoo my car insurance just went through time to make bank! *causes freeway pileup*

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
this classic video has all the deets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXiOwt31cfU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gazpacho posted:

The question has been asked on several occasions why on that morning Mr. Silverstein decided to attend a dentist appointment rather than eat breakfast as he normally did at the Windows on the World. There have been numerous theories as to what might have happened. Over a decade of research has been project into examining every public record that could be found. There has been no direct link to Silverstein in direct connection with 9/11. However there has been many unanswered questions as to what really caused the twin towers to collapse. It has been shown from satellite footage that there was some use of a directed energy weapon by a foreign power that could have caused the collapse of the Twin Towers that morning. There is also the possibility of an inside attack by the United States Government but in the past few years strange evidence has linked certain factions of the Japanese Goverments to the attack of 9/11. More investigation is underway.

Lol, "more investigation is underway"

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Gazpacho posted:

[citation needed]

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
it's all in the numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Return Of JimmyJars posted: