Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

even after i shamefully hijacked mabels big days thread (please post in it because that fucker is bad at games and still isnt done yet http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651133) im not loving done with this stupid idiot gimmick so post in here and you will become a pokemon who will either die a brutal death due to my own incompetence or die of neglect inside of a computer.

im playing heart gold this time, because two times the gyms two times the murdered imps. nuzlocke rules so only 1 pokemon per zone and fainting means death. i will be limiting pokecenter uses to 1 use per boss battle, otherwise i must rely on items to heal up my guys. also continuing from my last run, all pokemon trainers and items are scrambled.

Soral posted:

please feel free to use this thread as a general purpose pokemon thread.

Soral fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
make me something cool + undead possibly?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i posted in that other thread but neither of you used me so i get to be the starter now

edit goddammit

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's ok you can be the starter if he hasn't already picked me unless it's an undead starter

i am making an undead gimmick starting now

Soral
May 30, 2009

our starter options this time around were starly, mudkip, and gastly, so of course i went with this radical dude to comply with hog butcher's request

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
wooo i'm a god drat ghost i'm going to eat everyone's souls and be impossible to evolve on a single game~~~

Soral
May 30, 2009

the randomizer patch actually changes it so trade evolution and move evolution pokemon evolve when they level, instead

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
aww yissss. hopefully i live that long.

knowing randomizer the first thing you'll run into is alakazam w/ psybeam

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
name an espeon after me or something, I like espeon

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

i like pokemon

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'll probably be a ratatta or some poo poo. Good times.

Soral
May 30, 2009

our rival is named jerry (a lovely knockoff of gary) and the randomizer gave him mudkip. i was kind of hoping he would pick starly so our first battle would have just been our guys struggling at each other until oneof them went down

the randomizer patch doesnt support giving you the national dex right away in heart gold, so we will see if the game does bad things to grapplejak due to this

silver alicorn i will save your name for an eevee-ish pokemon but please dont hold it against me if i just forget

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007
Signing up for pocket monsters jihad. victory road or death, inshallah

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I'm always down to see how I die, but I do hope I don't get Destiny Bonded again. Just 2 good for this pokeworld

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
shoot me in the face i'm a loving hitmonchan

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I want to live inside a Pokeball unless I'm killing Pokemon.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I wanna be a pokemon that looks like a dinosaur.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wanna be a pokemon that looks like a dinosaur.

Nice title

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i would like to die, again.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i want to be more pocket mansta

Soral
May 30, 2009

really bummed out to say that it seems trainer names and teams are not randomized, although titles still are. not sure why this is the case

Soral
May 30, 2009

oh, trainers who give you their phone numbers are not randomized, whereas all other trainers are. this is pretty weird!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
hey i just pokemon battled you, and this is crazy

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Requesting that you make me a lightning type :black101:

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Soral posted:

oh, trainers who give you their phone numbers are not randomized, whereas all other trainers are. this is pretty weird!

This sucks because it means gym leaders aren't randomized

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hello sir I would like one Gloom please.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
I am ready to die for my trainer a second time

Frank Horrigan posted:

Requesting that you make me a lightning type :black101:

That ISN'T EVEN A REAL TYPE! GOD!

Soral
May 30, 2009

yes hello here are some new pokemon for you all. some of you fuckers have really long names. stop having really long names.

gym leader falkner biker jill and the rest of his gym members all had the exact same pokemon. wynaut. please note that wynaut does not learn any offensive moves until level 15, so all they could do is encore me over and over while Omally punched their stupid faces in over and over

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hi ive been busy this week so I haven't finished mine but I'll post in your lame knock-off thread what up

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
hello, I have a short name, and would like to kill and/or be killed by pokemon

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
i want to be...

average

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Soral posted:

yes hello here are some new pokemon for you all. some of you fuckers have really long names. stop having really long names.

posting in this thread to spite you

Soral
May 30, 2009

right after i left the gym i got this dumb egg

post now if you want to reserve the egg, or else ill just name it whatever comes up next in the list whenever it hatches. also, did some side poo poo in alf ruins instead of beelining for the next area.

i solved a gimicky slider puzzle with the touch screen when the game dumped me in here and some npc gave me a thing to keep track of the different types of unown ive caught. so i figured that the randomizer didnt shuffle unown out of the area

welp.

silver alicorn gets named after this leafeon because theres no way on earth im going to get luckier than this and find an actual espeon to name after them. also i regret to inform everyone that BlackPhara the riolu is already dead. using him was inherently risky given that his only real means of attack was to use counter, and he just got nailed by an unlucky crit. rip, blackphara

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you can name the egg, please name it Wormskull. Once it hatches rename it Epic Gamer. If you can't name the egg then never mind.

Soral
May 30, 2009

you cant name the egg :-(

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*Kicks a hole in my wall*

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i would like to be a pocket monster of any type really.

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!
I have a p. good track record and will carry your team far. put me in coach.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I am ready to die horribly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

kill... meeeee...

• Locked thread