Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
good idea, opening act was fun, final act was fun, they had some serious problems with the middle half being boring as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
how many broteams does it take to crash a game

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Excels posted:

how many broteams does it take to crash a game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I just want to thank the OP for reminding me BroTeam still exists

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

I just want to thank the OP for reminding me BroTeam still exists

the only good videogames channel left.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I've been playing Divinity Original Sin lately (good game by the way), and while it's not strictly about time travel (so far at least) there is an area called the End of Time which is shockingly similar to the area of the same name in Chrono Trigger.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
God of War 2 had that puzzle where you have to catch a guy who's thrown himself off a cliff. When you mess up, you can just jump into a nearby mirror to reset everything and use a time statue to slow everything down enough to catch up to the guy.

also in the same game you're in a boss fight with one of the Fates on top of the very sword you used to kill Ares in the first game and the background is a reenactment of that fight.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Does Ocarina of Time still hold up? I didn't actually own an N64 and it's honestly kind of hard to go back and watch a lot of videos of N64 games that aren't Starfox 64.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Does Ocarina of Time still hold up? I didn't actually own an N64 and it's honestly kind of hard to go back and watch a lot of videos of N64 games that aren't Starfox 64.

The 3DS version is well worth getting. Everything is the same, but it looks a lot better.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i can't believe they didn't add a loving cutscene skip to FFX HD. of all the things to not include in a cutscene heavy game like this. and the most annoying ones are always before bosses, so if you die you gotta watch all that poo poo again.

they added it to loving FFX-2 and then penalized you for using it

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Does Ocarina of Time still hold up?
It didn't hold up in 2004, which is when I played it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ND7ckGwoc

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
Last time game I played was my old copy of Chronomaster, it's a point and click that can locally start/stop time to solve puzzles.

I think it speaks for itself.

Autoexec.bat fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 19, 2014

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Prince of Persia was pretty cool before they decided that what a cool game set in ancient Persia needed was Godsmack and ladies wearing steel thongs

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ND7ckGwoc

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

DoubleDonut posted:

Prince of Persia was pretty cool before they decided that what a cool game set in ancient Persia needed was Godsmack and ladies wearing steel thongs

i smolder with generic rage

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

mascara is the new black

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

could go for some time pizza

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Taalo are making *time jokes*, it is too funny.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

if you want a game that makes interesting use of time travel and has a really good understanding of quantum mechanics, do not play Final Fantasy XII-2

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Seshoho Cian posted:

if you want a game that makes interesting use of time travel and has a really good understanding of quantum mechanics, do not play Final Fantasy XII-2

I liked XIII-2 because on your first playthrough there are a bunch of unkillable godbeings, then once you beat the game and get the Paradox Scope, you can go back and fight those bosses and kill them and see a What If ending.

i think poo poo like that is pretty rad and cool.

what is not rad and cool is setting up a spooky ominous colosseum run by the master of Time and Space, then having him tell you to gently caress off because you didn't buy any of the loving DLC

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Silver Alicorn posted:

SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT

i hope this ends up being good but something tells me they're going to gently caress too much with it and make it be way lovely

it's a cool demo, not necessarily a good game

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
The last express lets you rewind time and poo poo to replay segments since there's a lot going on and the entire game takes place during a single train ride. I forget if it's real-time or not.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Humphrey Vasel posted:

The last express lets you rewind time and poo poo to replay segments since there's a lot going on and the entire game takes place during a single train ride. I forget if it's real-time or not.

I think that was a movie. I can't remember what it was called though. The one about the guy who has to enter a time bubble and figure out who blew up a train, by exploring the train and dying in the explosion over and over until he solves it. At the end he stops the criminal before he can blow up the train and creates an entirely new offshoot timeline somehow.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I would always use time mages in final fantasy games, because they're the coolest & most overpowered class. Just gonna teleport about 20 tiles in height straight up cuz I don't give a poo poo in tactics, look at me

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Excels posted:

I think that was a movie. I can't remember what it was called though. The one about the guy who has to enter a time bubble and figure out who blew up a train, by exploring the train and dying in the explosion over and over until he solves it. At the end he stops the criminal before he can blow up the train and creates an entirely new offshoot timeline somehow.

That's Source Code I think

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Minrad posted:

I would always use time mages in final fantasy games, because they're the coolest & most overpowered class. Just gonna teleport about 20 tiles in height straight up cuz I don't give a poo poo in tactics, look at me

i'm seriously stuck in Tactics rn because i made all my dudes Knights and it worked great at first, but now the Wiegraf fight is loving my poo poo up. how is it fair to give him a long range OHKO spell??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

let's talk about bro team now. here is a good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7YwY1LyeNA

• Locked thread