Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
One of the best things about India is that as a woman, it is really safe to walk the streets.

quote:

Oh but I heard that there were a lot of rapes?

Think again, the chance of getting raped in the USA is actually 14.6 times higher. You don't believe me? How about some official statistics then...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics#India

"Adjusted for population growth over time, the annual rape rate in India has increased from 1.9 to 2.0 per 100,000 people over 2008-2012 period, which is quite low. This compares to a reported rape rate of 1.2 per 100,000 in Japan, 3.6 per 100,000 in Morocco, 4.6 rapes per 100,000 in Bahrain, 12.3 per 100,000 in Mexico, 24.1 per 100,000 in United Kingdom, 28.6 per 100,000 in United States, 66.5 per 100,000 in Sweden, and world's highest rate of 114.9 rapes per 100,000 in South Africa."

quote:

Oh boy do I ever have egg on my face I'll make sure I never make fun of India again with regards to rape!

That's OK everyone seems to be making the same mistake before checking actual facts but yeah, this is not a subject that is up for debate or discussion so don't even try because I've just proven you wrong and you'd be wasting your time. Next time maybe look at your own backyard first though before rushing to judgement?

quote:

Will do! Hey I heard that working conditions were kind of bad though?

Not at all. India has the tenth largest GDP as well as being the 19th largest exporter and 10th largest importer in the whole wide world. Tell me something. Does this lady look unhappy?

Of course not, and why would she. She's picking a lovely lot of Darjeeling tea for you to enjoy and I'm sure she's smiling because she's working outside in the sunshine with her friends and getting a fair wage to do so. Think about that next time you have a cuppa.

quote:

You've made a convincing argument there. What about entertainment? I bet the movies are really dull and unexciting, can't be anything as good as the latest Jason Stratham flick.

Oh I guess you never heard of a little place called Bollywood?

quote:

Oh OK this place is sounding pretty great so far. I also heard it was kinda spiritual?

You heard right. It's pretty much the spiritual capital of the world and it has a river (the Ganges) that has actual healing properties. Go on a pilgramage there and you'll probably run into an assortment of pretty amazing gurus too, like this guy who can lift another guy up using only his penis.

:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT-hVj6Pxtc:nws:

Pretty cool right, can you do that? I bet you can't! And finally, let's not forget the food.

quote:

Oh... yeah I heard about that it makes you need to go to the toilet.

Tell me something, what is it that you think happens with food do you think it just stays there inside of you? You eat food and it comes out the other end when you use the toilet and that's pretty much all there is to it whether you're in India or anywhere else it's just a scientific fact. Anyway I'll have one chicken tikka masala please. With a couple a garlic naan.

So yeah I guess the point is that when you think about it India is pretty amazing. Post things you love about India ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

indian food owns, india is stupid though

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

bollywood movies also own

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Alberto Basalm posted:

bollywood movies also own

The super gun guy legit owns.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

this scene is pretty awesome even though it's almost 6 minutes long. it's from a movie called Singham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUYa5aTdjfI

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

This isn't Bollywood you dumbass

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
go swim in the poopy corpse river

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nah india sucks

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

"Adjusted for population growth over time, the annual rape rate in India has increased from 1.9 to 2.0 per 100,000 people over 2008-2012 period, which is quite low. This compares to a reported rape rate of 1.2 per 100,000 in Japan, 3.6 per 100,000 in Morocco, 4.6 rapes per 100,000 in Bahrain, 12.3 per 100,000 in Mexico, 24.1 per 100,000 in United Kingdom, 28.6 per 100,000 in United States, 66.5 per 100,000 in Sweden, and world's highest rate of 114.9 rapes per 100,000 in South Africa."[/i]

Yea but those 2.0 are taking like 30 guys a piece though.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

FordPRefectLL posted:

go swim in the poopy corpse river

Are you not familiar with the concept that exposing yourself to bacteria is the best way to build up an immunity and live a long, healthy life? This man's name is Mahashta Mūrasi, he's a retired cobbler from northern India and he claims to be 179 years old. Makes you think.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I love that India made British look bad

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

this is not a subject that is up for debate or discussion so don't even try because I've just proven you wrong and you'd be wasting your time

jalopybrown posted:

Yea but those 2.0 are taking like 30 guys a piece though.

Please read the OP a bit more carefully next time.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the best thing about india is that you can be riding a train or having a knife fight or a rape or pretty much anything and all of a sudden everyone within 50km will bust out into choreographed song and dance

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
India seems like a cool place. I wish they wouldn't rape so much tho

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the best thing about india is that you can be riding a train or having a knife fight or a rape or pretty much anything and all of a sudden everyone within 50km will bust out into choreographed song and dance

Indian train rides are a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw-mOFCDsHI

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the best thing about india is that you can be riding a train or having a knife fight or a rape or pretty much anything and all of a sudden everyone within 50km will bust out into choreographed song and gangrape

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Are you not familiar with the concept that exposing yourself to bacteria is the best way to build up an immunity and live a long, healthy life? This man's name is Mahashta Mūrasi, he's a retired cobbler from northern India and he claims to be 179 years old. Makes you think.

Makes me think I'd rather be dead than be 179 and look like a crusty turd on an Indian street.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I love that India made British look bad

ah, you've also been watching the cricket then

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I am forever grateful that India makes South Africa look better by comparison

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

What about Indians from India wiping their poo poo off their rear end in a top hat with their hand?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Don Tacorleone posted:

What about Indians from India wiping their poo poo off their rear end in a top hat with their hand?

Please show me an animal in the animal kingdom other than a human that uses toilet paper. Oh that's right it doesn't happen. So what's wrong with humans that they have to use soft paper to remove feces from their bums when other animals manage just fine? That's the more pertinent question but thanks for playing anyway.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Please show me an animal in the animal kingdom other than a human that uses toilet paper. Oh that's right it doesn't happen. So what's wrong with humans that they have to use soft paper to remove feces from their bums when other animals manage just fine? That's the more pertinent question but thanks for playing anyway.

I use wet baby wipes to wipe my rectum, not toilet paper you barbarian

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Don Tacorleone posted:

I use wet baby wipes to wipe my rectum, not toilet paper you barbarian

how fat are you?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

how fat are you?

Morbidly

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.
OP fyi Chicken Tikka Masala is actually a Scottish dish. You should have posted some dahl or saag paneer instead.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
The caste system does it for me - reincarnate into an untouchable you have virtually no rights ... all the more for the rest of us :)

We should introduce it in the West

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Indian food smells terrible. When I was young I lived in an apartment complex where the neighbors were perpetually cooking curry, and you could smell it. It was awful.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SirEvelynTremble posted:

The caste system does it for me - reincarnate into an untouchable you have virtually no rights ... all the more for the rest of us :)

We should introduce it in the West

why would you want that? You'd obviously be in the lowest caste.

Aug 4, 2010

india is a loving poo poo hole

:nws: http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/pictures/filthy-india-photos-chinese-netizen-reactions.html :nws:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Op is too long can someone tell me if gypsum fantastic the teacup puppetmaster is for or against rape

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
If you report rape, you get ostracized/shunned/raped. Rape is woefully underreported.

India truly is a shithole.

Also, India's GDP per capita was more than China's in 1990. Now it's 1/4th of China's. Good job you inefficient fucks.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

Op is too long can someone tell me if gypsum fantastic the teacup puppetmaster is for or against rape

He's asking for it

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Cowman posted:

This isn't Bollywood you dumbass

Yeah this is Swedish.

Voted 1, op.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
I don't know who you're trying to upset

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cucking Mama posted:

I don't know who you're trying to upset

everyone. or no-one. It makes no difference to me.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I've never known anybody who went to India who did not regret it.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
It's good luck to get raped next to the corpse river.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Question : when an Indian woman is raped by ten guys, then she goes to the police to report it and they rape her, does that count as two reported rapes or twelve orzero?

Follow up question: if one billion indian people gang rape two girls and then no one else gets raped that year, does that mean india only has a 2 in a billion reported rape rate, making it the lowest in the world?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Human Crouton posted:

I've never known anybody who went to India who did not regret it.

My cousin went there as an ambassador. She liked it, but there were many US marines protecting her. She also thought Pakistan was a nice place.

• Locked thread