Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
I just spent the last few hours cleaning the apartment while drinking beers and listening to music. The wife started her morning with yoga followed by lunch/drinks with her old coworkers, so I took advantage of the four (4) beers in the fridge and wetjetted this poo poo like a pro.

It was one of the better afternoons I've had in awhile (cuz of the beer).

I go to work every day. I code every day. It's mentally exhausting. I have all these ideas kicking around in my head that I want to implement and put out there, but I just don't have the energy. I am 31 years old and I am trapped. Kids are around the corner. They will trap me further. While they'll make me supremely happy in other dimensions, the Age of Brian is over. I am drinking gatorade to combat dehydration.

I'm a little worried about when the wife comes home and finds me super tipsy/drunk. I hope the fact that the apartment is spotless will compensate.

I can't stand work. We supposedly live in a democratic society, but our day to day lives are ultimately authoritarian. Corporations are extremely hierarchical and I've done a good job of climbing the ladder, but I can't stand what I've done/become. God I hate sending emails across lines of business just to make my name known. Ugh. We live in a farce. I wish I made more money so I can check out earlier.

I watched Escape from New York and LA recently. I'm a little disappointed in John Carpenter for blowing his load on escape from LA. NY was a low budget (6m) film that did modestly well (25m). LA was big budget (50m) and flopped (25m). If they just stayed modest we'd have seen a lot more from Snake Plissken. Bah. Ditto but for Dredd. Ditto but for Riddick. I escape into dystopian sci fi a lot.

I was having a fantastic run on Friday. I was over two miles in at a sub 6:30 pace and my left calf started hurting like a mother fucker. One step it was fine. The next it wasn't. gently caress. It's still painful. It's getting better but it'll take time. My body is not what it used to be.

My life of quiet desperation doesn't have an ending in sight.

Aight goons. Let's commiserate. I'm off to pick up more beers and some quarters for the wash.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol youre old

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

Iggy Koopa posted:

lol youre old

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Iggy Koopa posted:

lol youre old

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Iggy Koopa posted:

lol youre old

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006
Op your life is much better than mine. I'm four years older than you. And literally have none of the things you have. Also I'm fat really really fat. Every time I type I have to hold up my belly and slowly depress the keys with my oscar meiyer weiner fingers.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I'm only 27, but I'm already entering the beginning stages of realizing that I am no longer an innocent, fresh faced kid.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

makoto20 posted:

Op your life is much better than mine. I'm four years older than you. And literally have none of the things you have. Also I'm fat really really fat. Every time I type I have to hold up my belly and slowly depress the keys with my oscar meiyer weiner fingers.

I'm here for you buddy.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I'm 31. Is that middle-aged?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Start hunting and fishing you big pussy. Do it without your nagging yoga wife.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
kill you're self. wife will be surprised when she gets home.

alternately break down crying when she gets home. tell her your gay. you are.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im 26 im not middle aged right

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Iggy Koopa posted:

im 26 im not middle aged right

you got at least ten years before your midlife crisis.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
lmao at a man that is worried about what his wife will think if he drinks a few beers at home on the weekend while he cleans the house and doesn't have any kids.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I hope I'll be the type to focus on working out and getting ripped when mine finally hits. At least that's productive and more respectable than getting some hot poo poo car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOKqWSJb59E

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ramsus posted:

lmao at a man that is worried about what his wife will think if he drinks a few beers at home on the weekend while he cleans the house and doesn't have any kids.

he's got a job doing code. he's lucky to have a wife, let alone a woman who will talk tohim.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

what if i am only gonna live til im 52 D:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Iggy Koopa posted:

if?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Iggy Koopa posted:

then your gonna miss out on buying an overpriced sportscar.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

im here to stick some fingers up your rear end and tell you to lose weight

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i dont think mental health affects your body that much as long as you dont like commit suicide or whatever?

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
i'm 32, skate and/or smoke a bowl, this stuff will make you a god damned sexual apatosaurus, just like me.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

kill you're self

its the solution to all of your problems

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm glad I'm single because I can fart anytime I want

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Obscuritatem posted:

i'm 32, skate and/or smoke a bowl, this stuff will make you a god damned sexual apatosaurus, just like me.

he's 32 and he stills does kiddie drugs and rides a kiddie vehicle. be like him.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I'm 31. Is that middle-aged?

Yes.

makoto20 posted:

So you're 35, fat, jobless, and living with your parents. I'm living exactly into society's expectations and effectively trapping myself into continuation of that existence. At least you're like gently caress that, I'm gonna do whatever the gently caress I want. In some ways I'm envious.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
31 isn't middle aged

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Iggy Koopa posted:

i dont think mental health affects your body that much as long as you dont like commit suicide or whatever?

I aint no Freud, but my gradfather is 93. He's the oldest person I know. I can't say I have ever seen him happy. Is it better to live long and be unhappy, or die young and happy?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It sucks that at middle age you are practically expected to get married and have babies.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I aint no Freud, but my gradfather is 93. He's the oldest person I know. I can't say I have ever seen him happy. Is it better to live long and be unhappy, or die young and happy?

im gonna be the rare happy as gently caress old man who just smokes weed and plays his nes still

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

31 isn't middle aged

Getting conflicting messages here.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Iggy Koopa posted:

im gonna be the rare happy as gently caress old man who just smokes weed and plays his nes still

SNES, you scrub :colbert:

On an emulator, because save states and speed up buttons rule

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
programmers are basically human garbage

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Wicker Man posted:

SNES, you scrub :colbert:

On an emulator, because save states and speed up buttons rule

but i play way more nes then snes even today v:shobon:v (i just got my wii homebrewed like, an hour ago so this is gonna change)

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Well there's always Techmo bowl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwAtZpcfXHk

Oh yeah, and that Rescue Rangers game, I don't think I ever beat it. I gotta find that again.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Wicker Man posted:

I hope I'll be the type to focus on working out and getting ripped when mine finally hits. At least that's productive and more respectable than getting some hot poo poo car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOKqWSJb59E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJaZDGVNWA

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Wicker Man posted:

Well there's always Techmo bowl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwAtZpcfXHk

Oh yeah, and that Rescue Rangers game, I don't think I ever beat it. I gotta find that again.

and little nemo and mario bros 1-3 and duck hunt and a loving million good rear end games duder

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

God drat. :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Iggy Koopa posted:

and little nemo and mario bros 1-3 and duck hunt and a loving million good rear end games duder

gently caress, can't believe I forgot those.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
if you take age to mean time as a function of brain plasticity/learning ability, as opposed to chronological age which is pretty arbitrary, you're middle-aged at around 20, op :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

butplug accident posted:

if you take age to mean time as a function of brain plasticity/learning ability, as opposed to chronological age which is pretty arbitrary, you're middle-aged at around 20, op :)

Yeah part of it is definitely a lack of neuroplasticity, but another major factor is no longer being unattached (i.e. responsibility).

• Locked thread