Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

anime: pretty good to watch sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wicker Man posted:

I think there was some kind of in joke about the orange haired girl, Nami, getting bigger tits with every season.
Oda married a model and ever since his women have gotten progressively more bimbofied. Really.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dont lose your gay

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
i think the best part about klk was the music

4real

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

2nd op was awesome

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

SHISHKABOB posted:

i think the best part about klk was the music

4real

I could say this about a lot of anime.

I still rock the Panty and Stocking soundtrack to this day.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Oda married a model and ever since his women have gotten progressively more bimbofied. Really.

why indicate that time has lapsed by giving female characters smile lines or wrinkles or other features when they can just have bigger boobies

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think I probably would've liked Kill la Kill more if it was just about the whole high-school wide fighting tournament to take down satsuki instead of whatever it turned into in the last half.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

I think I probably would've liked Kill la Kill more if it was just about the whole high-school wide fighting tournament to take down satsuki instead of whatever it turned into in the last half.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

i too would have preferred an anime about high school fights, what an original idea

zzzz

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Captain Invictus posted:

oda owns

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

i liked the fact that everyone was naked by the end of the show and not just the protagonist with the big tits, very progressive

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Let me reiteratehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw&hd=1

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 21, 2014

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I watched Black Lagoon recently, if you thought Cowboy Bebop was good I suggest it as it's that but on the sea.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I started watching legend of the galactic heroes b/c of this thread. thoughts so far, on episode 5 now:

- sexual tension between redhead and blond admiral man is palpable. i guess redhead is supposed to have a crush on blond dude's sister but i know that poo poo ain't real
- same with the other two dudes on the other side except w/ that one widow instead of the sister
- every space ship in this is blown up in like five seconds and it rules, like michael bay directed this
- this dude has been in the show for like 3 minutes but fuckin owns:

fleet admiral of my heart

i'm also pleased with the lack of fanservice, i guess because it was the 80s and poo poo was still pseudo-mainstream? but i guess there's 105 episodes to go so i'm sure there will be a horrifying hot spring episode or two. also i hope a woman gets to do something that's not just Be Very Sad but at least there's story justification for the dudeness (and if there were more female characters, there would be less time for homoeroticism, and that would be a shame)

e:

:drat:

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 21, 2014

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh god what horrid spoilers I'm so glad you tagged them

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

I thought this was something from that animated expose cartoon thing about the Book of Mormon, i.e. the best anime.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i watched the end of attack on titan anyway because i hate myself and im mad as hell at anime

the whole titan thing went from monsters who eat people to some kind of dumb thing i stopped caring about once they started having human pilots. what was in thebasement fuckers?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Necros posted:

i watched the end of attack on titan anyway because i hate myself and im mad as hell at anime

the whole titan thing went from monsters who eat people to some kind of dumb thing i stopped caring about once they started having human pilots. what was in thebasement fuckers?

i did the same, i dont think it's even been revealed in the manga yet

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

AoT is going to end up being The Dark Tower and the door to the basement is just going to reset the entire story

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Necros posted:

No one in that show acts like people. It's like, hey, I can kinda get behind this whole "fighting giants with Just Cause hookshots" thing, but then when the time comes everyone just shits themselves and has one of those stupid "having an inner monologue while shaking in wide-eyed terror" anime freakouts.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I don't remember what episode it is but after the titan guy turns into a ribcage to protect his little buddies from gun/cannon fire and the next episodes are all loving filler. like there's an entire episode of just armin monologuing and giving speeches. here's a bit of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSYSulcvEAs

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Dirty Job posted:

The last time someone said an anime was good I watched Attack On Titan and that was a piece of hot garbage.

haha

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Dirty Job posted:

The last time someone said an anime was good I watched Attack On Titan and that was a piece of hot garbage.

lol

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I don't know what everyone's laughing about, the same thing happened to me.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
At least with reading the manga you spend a lot less time before becoming angry that nothing happens, and you only have to do it once a month.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i liked attack on titans

but I didn't watch it when it first came out i watched it later after some goons told me it had giants wrecking stuff in it. I never personally noticed any pacing issues since I had all the episodes available at once

It kind of turned into a mecha show but with fleshrobots instead of actual robots later on though lol. Didn't see that coming

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I liked that anime movie about the guy who became a robot and fought other robots with a robot dog when I saw it in 1996 on Sci-Fi channel because it reminded me of Mega Man and Mega Man was dope as hell

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I liked that anime movie about the guy who became a robot and fought other robots with a robot dog when I saw it in 1996 on Sci-Fi channel because it reminded me of Mega Man and Mega Man was dope as hell

Casshan Robot Hunter.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That's Casshern, Mega Man X especially took cues from that series, Sigma is basically a less dope Braiking Boss

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Saw the first episode. It's like Utena only instead of being "Blue is the Warmest Color" gay, it is "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" gay.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Zzulu posted:

i liked attack on titans

but I didn't watch it when it first came out i watched it later after some goons told me it had giants wrecking stuff in it. I never personally noticed any pacing issues since I had all the episodes available at once

It kind of turned into a mecha show but with fleshrobots instead of actual robots later on though lol. Didn't see that coming

Isn't flesh robots part of the whole Neon genesis gimick? Which also had like several different versions of the show or some crap.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Casshan Robot Hunter.

Is it related to that weird Japanese movie Casshan that was all CGI and in the end the human race becomes a God Asteroid

EDIT: Oh poo poo it is!

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 21, 2014

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is it related to that weird Japanese movie Casshan that was all CGI and in the end the human race becomes a God Asteroid

I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Venus Wars was pretty cool too I guess

Thats about it for me thanks for listening god bless

• Locked thread