Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
People I hardly know are constantly telling me that they're cheating on their wives. It comes up in casual conversation often and its approached without any shame or anything and I just don't understand how so many people can think its ok. At work or at a pub or on the golf course men who are casual acquaintances speak openly about screwing other chicks on the side as if its nothing to them. I sometimes say awkwardly that I don't cheat on my wife and never have and they just nod soberly and say that's good of me or something.

Its also important to note that these same people are the ones that claim that if their wives cheated on them they'd literally murder the guy she was with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I've been married for ten years, and I've thought about other women sometimes, but nothing serious. Generally speaking, I'm pretty happy with my marriage and I wouldn't want to jeopardize it. But then I read something like this: http://www.salon.com/2011/06/12/infidelity_3/ And I start to question my understanding of "monogamy."

Seriously, 40-76% of marriages experience infidelity? That's... a lot. That's enough to say that it's just kind of what people do. And then I see SA posters talking about how they sleep with married women and I begin to wonder, is this just a normal thing? So, married goons, I have some questions for you: Have you or your partner had an affair or a one-night stand? How did it turn out? Did your partner know/did they find out? Are you still married?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Believe in the power of cuck.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
We'll be dead soon and it doesn't make any difference at all

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I've been married for ten years, and I've thought about other women sometimes, but nothing serious. Generally speaking, I'm pretty happy with my marriage and I wouldn't want to jeopardize it. But then I read something like this: http://www.salon.com/2011/06/12/infidelity_3/ And I start to question my understanding of "monogamy."

Seriously, 40-76% of marriages experience infidelity? That's... a lot. That's enough to say that it's just kind of what people do. And then I see SA posters talking about how they sleep with married women and I begin to wonder, is this just a normal thing? So, married goons, I have some questions for you: Have you or your partner had an affair or a one-night stand? How did it turn out? Did your partner know/did they find out? Are you still married?

that's a big rear end margin of error, thats a red flag for faulty research

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Dio cucked so hard he invented a hand sign to tell people he just had a conjugal visit with their significant other.

Dubsy
Jul 17, 2014

mookface posted:

Its also important to note that these same people are the ones that claim that if their wives cheated on them they'd literally murder the guy she was with.

they are idiots, and their wives are probably already loving someone on the side too.

Trying to control a woman or act like she is your property ---> woman will burn you sooo hard.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Pagan/poly friendly counselors in town?

Looking for a counselor in town, preferably in the West End area, that is pagan friendly or at least non denominational, and is at least familiar with polyamory.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I've read similar statistics and I believe those numbers.

angerbot posted:

We'll be dead soon and it doesn't make any difference at all

By that logic I can do all sorts of heinous poo poo and who cares

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bip Roberts posted:

Believe in the power of cuck.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

cucking is often harder on cuckee than it is on the cucker.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mookface posted:

I've read similar statistics and I believe those numbers.

Who cares indeed?

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina

mookface posted:

are you talking about your posting?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

James Polk posted:

are you talking about your posting?

Maybe a little bit

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

loving is really cool and some people like to do a lot of it

its a shame they don't consider the feelings of their partners and try to live their lives honestly though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A lot of people are lovely, that doesn't mean you should be lovely also.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tweet Me Balls posted:

its a shame they don't consider the feelings of their partners and try to live their lives honestly though.

Yeah but honestly if casual sex is that important to you then why have you committed to someone in the first place? Open relationships would be out of the question for most of these people because the thought of their wife with another man makes them visibly angry. How can they live with themselves they seem like really nice and decent people otherwise

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Pick posted:

A lot of people are lovely, that doesn't mean you should be lovely also.

both of these things are true.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

mookface posted:

Yeah but honestly if casual sex is that important to you then why have you committed to someone in the first place? Open relationships would be out of the question for most of these people because the thought of their wife with another man makes them visibly angry. How can they live with themselves they seem like really nice and decent people otherwise

a lot of people don't care about others' feelings, op

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Smoking Crow posted:

a lot of people don't care about others' feelings, op

But at the same time they apparently love their wives and never want them to find out because not only would the party be over but because it would devastate them as well. It's a bunch of weird doublethink going on in there and a lot of people do it

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

mookface posted:

people are hypocrites, generally

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Does kissing Jenna Jameson about 15 years ago at a buddy's bachelor party count as cheating?

Only came close to cheating once. It's not unhealthy to daydream about it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

mookface posted:

and religion was born

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

mookface posted:

But at the same time they apparently love their wives and never want them to find out because not only would the party be over but because it would devastate them as well. It's a bunch of weird doublethink going on in there and a lot of people do it
people are weird. :shobon:

joxxuh
May 20, 2011
To quote Adam Gopnik: I think the French view of sex and life is essentially right and ought to be universally applicable: Sex with children or by force is wrong, and the rest is just the human comedy, unfolding, as it will.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

mookface posted:

A married guy is a turn on to some women. Couple that with guys who got married because they weren't getting laid all over the place and figured having a wife would be at least one guaranteed sex partner...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

joxxuh posted:

To quote Adam Gopnik: I think the French view of sex and life is essentially right and ought to be universally applicable: Sex with children or by force is wrong, and the rest is just the human comedy, unfolding, as it will.

I can get behind that.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

mookface posted:

people are tragic and can't control their passions

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

people are tragic and can't control their passions

the good thing is that because of this we have a lot of cool things to watch and read

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
most people are scum and being a good person is an exception, not a rule.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

mookface posted:

People I hardly know are constantly telling me that they're cheating on their wives. It comes up in casual conversation often and its approached without any shame or anything and I just don't understand how so many people can think its ok. At work or at a pub or on the golf course men who are casual acquaintances speak openly about screwing other chicks on the side as if its nothing to them. I sometimes say awkwardly that I don't cheat on my wife and never have and they just nod soberly and say that's good of me or something.

It's because you look too friendly. Practice your bitchface.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Whirlwind Jones posted:

people are weird. :shobon:

It's gotten I into my head now and I really notice it a lot and its bugging me. Trust is important in any relationship and without it what do you have really other than a lie that you live with total dedication? I'm not a paragon of virtue by any means and i do stupid poo poo and sometimes go off the deep end but it's making me sick. Its just so classless. Your wife just had a baby and you're banging prostitutes when she's visiting her sister? Wow man thats loving awesome

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
100% of marriages start in marriage. I just made that stat up but it seems pretty legit. Please include it in a salon article.

Also anyone who shares that poo poo with you. I'd just get up and walk away from them and not associate with that person. They're probably really scummy in a lot of other things too. Watch your poo poo around em.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Secks Cauldron posted:

It's because you look too friendly. Practice your bitchface.

I don't look that friendly and this is often in groups

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

mookface posted:

A lot of people are legitimately terrible op.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

mookface posted:

a lie that you live with total dedication

This is like 99% of marriages. Seriously. It's like society tells people to marry so most people who marry, marry because it is expected of them to form a family. So they do it half-assedly.

That's why I'm not getting married ever.

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

Pochoclo posted:

This is like 99% of marriages. Seriously. It's like society tells people to marry so most people who marry, marry because it is expected of them to form a family. So they do it half-assedly.

source? (not the hip-hop magazine)

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Pochoclo posted:

yeah that's the reason why you're not getting married haha

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pochoclo posted:

I'm actually not even married but we have three kids and are very much in love. Society hasn't told me to do poo poo and if society is the reason you need to be in a monogamous long term relationship that you hate then I guess you're an idiot but thats no excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

mookface posted:

I'm actually not even married but we have three kids and are very much in love. Society hasn't told me to do poo poo and if society is the reason you need to be in a monogamous long term relationship that you hate then I guess you're an idiot but thats no excuse
Cool bastard children you got there.

• Locked thread