Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How moronic was that? Oh yeah, let's put content behind some esoteric button sequence or make the EU go into the scene selections then click play on the left arrow.

They stopped doing this, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
OP is a no-fun loser.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i remember finding the easter egg to fight club exactly once and i was unsrue for a long time if i was just drunk at the time

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
do they even still make dvds

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Waltzing Along posted:

How moronic was that? Oh yeah, let's put content behind some esoteric button sequence or make the EU go into the scene selections then click play on the left arrow.

most dvds i watch these days are menu stripped and restored to 4k

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
none of the eggs work on the smash mouth DVDs i burned

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
thnks for reminding me i don't have eyes op.

so sick of you privleged bullies

joxxuh
May 20, 2011
remember when you could put the warcraft II CD in your CD player and then there was a comedy track with orc noises and poo poo? that was a blast

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
i remember when you could just put the disk in the drive and turn the computer on and it would go

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
i have a ton of VHS taps but no VCR

do they make VCRs anymore

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Waltzing Along posted:

i remember when you could just put the disk in the drive and turn the computer on and it would go

I still have a reversed engineered sony rootkit on my computer, Only anti-virus software that freaks out about it is avast though.

joxxuh
May 20, 2011
i have a old rear end TV in the guest room that has both a DVD player and VCR in it.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Nothing I love more than putting in a DVD, sitting though some unskippable trailers to get to a loud, unskippable 30 second long themed into to the DVD menu so I can select Special Features, watch the unskippable transition animation to start hunting for some 20 second long Easter eggs!

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Waltzing Along posted:

cast aways box

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
a friend of mine passed out while watching the wonder showzen dvd extras menu, which was just a kid strumming on a tiny acoustic guitar singing "dee vee dee, dee vee dee, dvd extras" on a 20 second loop. he had it stuck in his head for at least a month

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

WHo the gently caress still uses physical media? Do Netflix videos have Easter eggs?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

No. 6 posted:

WHo the gently caress still uses physical media?

old people about to die

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Waltzing Along posted:

you eat your mothers worms with that loving mouth!??

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

jarvis cocker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4iw8Ppo1o

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
all my friends still buy 'cheap' DVDs of films they like and I think they are the dumbest people ever

yeah just gonna spend £5 on this film I will watch once

loving idiots

becrumbac
Apr 25, 2012
i keep my dvd easter eggs in my cloud storage so they remain cool and fresh

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

i remember the dvd for the last season of lost had a different menu depending on if you watched the first episode or not

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

jarvis cocker posted:

you can buy one at the goodwill for a buck

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

joxxuh posted:

remember when you could put the warcraft II CD in your CD player and then there was a comedy track with orc noises and poo poo? that was a blast

I remember the sound-check easter egg for that mostly.

"Your sound card works perfectly."
"Your sound card works perfectly."
"Enjoying yourself?"
"Enjoying yourself?"
"It doesn't get any better than this."

That's from memory too, having not played it in something like 15 years. I wish I had this good of a memory for relevant things.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

No. 6 posted:

WHo the gently caress still uses physical media? Do Netflix videos have Easter eggs?

their new season of arrested development has a watermark for "show stealer pro 2000" in the background every time they show scenes from before they purchased the show.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

My favorite easter egg was for that lovely Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within movie and it had all of the characters and baddies dancing to Thriller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuFo63OqSO0

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Zug zug

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Nothing I love more than putting in a DVD, sitting though some unskippable trailers to get to a loud, unskippable 30 second long themed into to the DVD menu so I can select Special Features, watch the unskippable transition animation to start hunting for some 20 second long Easter eggs!

The reason why most The Simpsons DVDs suck.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Moola posted:

all my friends still buy 'cheap' DVDs of films they like and I think they are the dumbest people ever

yeah just gonna spend £5 on this film I will watch once

loving idiots

idiots.

i only buy tv shows on dvd. because i can't stream from the INTERNET.

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
herpes bumps are the easter eggs of sex. can you find them all!?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Oh man there used to be this awesome easter egg in MS Excel 97 where if you went to a specific cell and entered a combination of keys, a little game of Doom started playing, and the big bad boss at the end was Bill Gates!

Man, what a time.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Laserdisc.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Physical media still has it's place as there's a difference between 1080p on a blu-ray and 1080p streaming via Netflix/Amazon etc, which I'm not sure many people actually realise. Especially if their exposure to HD has been limited to TV and streaming.

Blu-ray is 20gb+ versus about 5gb for HD streaming a film, so if you really care about the best possible picture/sound quality then blu-ray is still the way to go. Here's a comparison article: https://hdguru.com/blu-ray-vs-hdtv-streaming-services-a-quality-comparison-review/

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

psyman posted:

Physical media still has it's place as there's a difference between 1080p on a blu-ray and 1080p streaming via Netflix/Amazon etc, which I'm not sure many people actually realise. Especially if their exposure to HD has been limited to TV and streaming.

Blu-ray is 20gb+ versus about 5gb for HD streaming a film, so if you really care about the best possible picture/sound quality then blu-ray is still the way to go. Here's a comparison article: https://hdguru.com/blu-ray-vs-hdtv-streaming-services-a-quality-comparison-review/

nerd

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
My dvd of The Ring has one where it plays the cursed video, then goes back to the main menu and you hear a phone ringing.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

All my friends buy 'cheap' digital copies of films they like and I think they are the dumbest people ever.

Yeah just gonna spend $5 on this film I will watch once and can't borrow, trade or sell.

loving idiots.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

psyman posted:

who gives that much of a poo poo really?

oh noes! i didn't get the super duper HD version of it! doesn't matter if my eyes can't even see the loving difference between them I NEED THE HIGHEST DEF POSSIBLE WAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The first Harry Potter movie had an entire minigame sequence that took like 20 minutes to complete just to access the deleted scenes.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
they're like CD hidden tracks but then once punk and rock and the other poo poo genres that hid tracks went ~mainstream~ they couldn't risk not making even more money so they'd just have a track at the end with [Hidden Track] in front of it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

oh yeah, the best thing about x form of media is that you get saddled with all kinds of anti piracy bullshit which is avoided if you pirate since pirates take that poo poo out because why the gently caress not?

• Locked thread