Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
was at a carnival or whatever the gently caress yesterday, saw two chicks, one with a shirt that said russia in cyrillic in the russian federation flag colors. Didn't hear her speaking so I don't know if she was a dirty slav or not, still wanted to punch her in the loving throat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

fire the nukes fire the nukes FOR THE LOVE OF loving GOD JUST FIRE THE NUKES ALREADY

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

fire the nukes fire the nukes FOR THE LOVE OF loving GOD JUST FIRE THE NUKES ALREADY

If only the current internet was around in the 80s.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Baloogan posted:

Rotting in a field. Or rotting in a big pile a train on its way to separatist HQ.

Anyone else getting a Twin Peaks vibe from her
Well NOW I do.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

ded posted:

If only the current internet was around in the 80s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
Looks like Putin got caught with a smoking gun http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28396862

If they've got images of a SAM minus one missile crossing back into the Russian border, that's not going to look good.

Barnsy fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 21, 2014

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Someone better do something. All this waiting around is killing my massive warboner. If this were the 80's the world would be an irradiated wasteland by now with all the poo poo that's happened this year.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Barnsy posted:

Looks like Putin got caught with a smoking gun http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28396862

If they've got images of a SAM minus one missile crossing back into the Russian border, that's not going to look good.

Absolutely nothing is going to come out of this. I'm almost certain that the most we'll see is Putin ratcheting down the insurgency until all of the dead people get shoved into boxes and sent back wherever and the plane gets cleaned up.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Where the gently caress did everyone THINK it was going as it hauled rear end out of the area?

Edit: So what's the weather like out there? Since they left the bodies out for three days.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Barnsy posted:

Oh we were looking for 'documents' and we put them on a truck for 'sorting'.

Totally not looting.

edit : the poo poo from that 'rebel leaders' video is nuts.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Baloogan posted:

Rotting in a field. Or rotting in a big pile a train on its way to separatist HQ.

Anyone else getting a Twin Peaks vibe from her

Actually all her flesh was probably seared off so I doubt she's rotting.

~*silver linings*~

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Fister Roboto posted:

Actually all her flesh was probably seared off so I doubt she's rotting.

~*silver linings*~

I saw a few photos and uhh... most of them were sorta whole. :3

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

She's survived by her boyfriend.

I'm lol'ing at that.

Know why?

He got cucked by a buk... LOL

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
holy poo poo hahahahaha

mods please change my name to cucked by a buk.

tyvm

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Also every TOD that involves the SA-11 better include "Blotting out flying Dutchmen" as a capability on the overview slide.

Frankly it's a goddamned shame that joke will never see the inside of a pre mission brief.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Helldump Immunity. posted:

holy poo poo hahahahaha

mods please change my name to cucked by a buk.

tyvm

While I like HDI's current name, cucked by a buk is pretty cool too.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Thats still the second greatest thing he said. The first being the time, while running for president, he had a microphone stuck in his face and asked how he would negotiate with Iran to free the hostages.

"We don't negotiate with barbarians."

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Live feed to Obama's newest Ukraine statement: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/abc-news-live-stream-event-20969244

I'm thinking Double Secret economic sanctions.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
"Pro-russian separatists" upgraded to "russian-backed separatists"; Putin gets a stern talking-to in absentia; Justice better be served or else. Or else what? Exactly.

Did I miss something.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Justice better be served or else. Or else what? Exactly.

"Or else ve vill be very angry mit you, and ve vill write you a letter telling you how angry ve are."

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

"Or else ve vill be very angry mit you, and ve vill write you a letter telling you how angry ve are."

lol, unfortunately this is the extent of the willpower to do anything about really anything not involving black poo poo coming out of the ground.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Or else what? Exactly.

Depends on what Europe is willing to go along with. If the majority side with Germany and decide that no amount of murder should get in the way of business, then you'll see more bank and travel restrictions from the US and not a whole hell of a lot else. If things go the exact opposite way and Merkel grows a soul, then Europe pays out the rear end for energy for the next five years, the US sends more military hardware to Europe, and the US/EU team up to steal Putin's money and crush Russia's economy.

In all likelihood, nothing much will happen outside of some US sanctions and the UK making angry noises.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
Sounds like the bloodthirsty butchers of Ukraine have started Operation Bloodshed against the small freedom loving rebels.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Finally, a genocide I can get behind.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why are people making a big deal about Israel using flechette shells? If the goal is to harm people without destroying the buildings, isnt it the ideal tool? Would they prefer shrapnel over metal darts?

Was there some UN agreement to not use them? We already know they use white phosphorous like its going out of style, I mean someone needs to use up our surplus.
Im not at all familiar with modern rules of engagement so im genuinely curious

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 22, 2014

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

Why are people making a big deal about Israel using flechette shells? If the goal is to harm people without destroying the buildings, isnt it the ideal tool? Would they prefer shrapnel over metal darts?

Was there some UN agreement to not use them? We already know they use white phosphorous like its going out of style, I mean someone needs to use up our surplus.
Im not at all familiar with modern rules of engagement so im genuinely curious

The problem with airbursting flechette shells is that they kill indiscriminately, as in there is a high chance to kill something that wasn't exactly what you were aiming at. They're not as bad as a lot of the poo poo we have available that can kill random people, but they're one of the many nasty things that people frown at.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Double post

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28413467

Melthir fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 22, 2014

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The UN has issued a resolution that the Ukranian rebels are "very naughty boys" and they should "it was very not nice to impede the crash investigation". Reports are the UN will take action to show their disapproval by not inviting the rebels to any UN functions so they may "think about what they've done"

Glad it only took 96 hours to decide they were being dickbags, UN

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is it possible to tamper with data on the boxes?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Is it possible to tamper with data on the boxes?

Up to a point. Maybe someone with aviation experience knows this a little better, but as far as I know it's a closed loop record since it's designed to continuously recorded over itself. It can be erased but data can't be manipulated.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

BigDave posted:

Up to a point. Maybe someone with aviation experience knows this a little better, but as far as I know it's a closed loop record since it's designed to continuously recorded over itself. It can be erased but data can't be manipulated.

Yeah, because lord only knows those backwards Russkies are just getting the hang of the whole "computers" thing.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Third funniest thing AFAFRICA has done.

Second was this.

First was the Libya air war.

Obama Africanus posted:

Also every TOD that involves the SA-11 better include "Blotting out flying Dutchmen" as a capability on the overview slide.

Frankly it's a goddamned shame that joke will never see the inside of a pre mission brief.

There was a joke made at work today about going to eastern Ukraine in order to avoid paying for emitters on the range.

Genocide Tendency posted:

"We don't negotiate with barbarians."

I guess those people stopped being barbarians 6 years later.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That was bribing and deal brokering, not negotiation. JFC.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

iyaayas01 posted:

I guess those people stopped being barbarians 6 years later.

Dude did have Alzheimer's. May have legit forgot that negotiating wasn't cool. Don't brain-shame.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

ManMythLegend posted:

Yeah, because lord only knows those backwards Russkies are just getting the hang of the whole "computers" thing.

:confused: OK, so data can be manipulated?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

BigDave posted:

:confused: OK, so data can be manipulated?

Most likely. The designers probably aren't going out of their way to keep a world power's intelligence services from being able to alter data, as they really aren't expecting their aircraft which they sold to a civilian airliner to get lit up by one

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
Is there a point trying to manipulate the data though? The black box wouldn't really record a missile hit unless the pilots said something about it, it'd be more relevant to figure out the damage in flight. Short of replacing the whole voice recorder with a pilot saying 'oh look, a missile is coming at us with UKRAINE written on the side of it'...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Barnsy posted:

Is there a point trying to manipulate the data though? The black box wouldn't really record a missile hit unless the pilots said something about it, it'd be more relevant to figure out the damage in flight. Short of replacing the whole voice recorder with a pilot saying 'oh look, a missile is coming at us with UKRAINE written on the side of it'...

Crudely spliced-in audio of the pilot making an intercom announcement "Hyello efferyone, Ukraine is gently caress us"

• Locked thread