Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

kalstrams posted:

Is there some place where upcoming CS:GO events are put together in some calendar-style form?

http://csgocalendar.com/ , hltv.org match ticker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh, calendar website looks neat and just what I looked for. Thanks. :)

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
demoted to a hacker who kept walling my team and a clan of 4 who refused to kick him :x

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Nation posted:

demoted to a hacker who kept walling my team and a clan of 4 who refused to kick him :x

If he gets caught by overwatch your rank gets restored, so I hope you all reported him.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
God I want out of Silver Elite so badly... I'm going insane playing with so many bad people.

Anyways if anyone good wants to smurf in Silvers and help bring me outta hell just add me.

Steam Name: HonchoBoncho

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENpqTCrEC90

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Holy poo poo, turk pissed of Shadowlz. I have literally never heard him get like that before. Well done.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Beach Bum posted:

Holy poo poo, turk pissed of Shadowlz. I have literally never heard him get like that before. Well done.

My Vibes were not aligned very well during that round.

It's still funny.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

penis penis penis penisp nepsiseee

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Never had to take into account that people run out of bullets now. drat silenced poo poo and cz.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Goop posted:

http://twowordbird.com/csgo/spraylab.html

It's not mine, but I don't remember seeing it in this thread. I use it all the time to check a weapon and practice.

Thanks for this. I haven't played CS regularly in like, eight years, so coming back has been an experience. It's nice to see there is a goon community though, I hope you are all laying scrubbies low.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

MM would be a lot cooler if you could just add people to a Do Not Play With list.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

old dog child posted:

penis penis penis penisp nepsiseee

Hey fucker when are you going to show up and play games again? Did you go into a weed trance for like 3 months or something?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

8bitlawd posted:

God I want out of Silver Elite so badly... I'm going insane playing with so many bad people.

Anyways if anyone good wants to smurf in Silvers and help bring me outta hell just add me.

Sorry dude, everyone is in the same position, we're all stuck at x rank until we get good enough to start influencing the result of games. Keep playing, you will get better, and have fun ffs.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

8bitlawd posted:

Spoiler alert: you're probably just as bad as your teammates

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

8bitlawd posted:

I smurf people out of silvers a lot. I'll add you if I ever catch you online in the steam group chat.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I smurf people out of silvers a lot. I'll add you if I ever catch you online in the steam group chat.

What happens when he's getting murdered in his new rank? If he thinks he's "stuck" now, wait till he's in a rank too high for him. He need to learn to enjoy the journey.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Pink ddpat awp is loving L E G I T

Just Horizontal
Jul 11, 2011

bpower posted:

What happens when he's getting murdered in his new rank? If he thinks he's "stuck" now, wait till he's in a rank too high for him. He need to learn to enjoy the journey.

This is so true, I'm in mid Nova ranks, just started playing again after a good few months, and my second game was with 4 pubs that had no comms and made no calls. The first time they said something it was to accuse the 5 man stack we were playing of hacking and/or smurfing. The retards never stop.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Just Horizontal posted:

This is so true, I'm in mid Nova ranks, just started playing again after a good few months, and my second game was with 4 pubs that had no comms and made no calls. The first time they said something it was to accuse the 5 man stack we were playing of hacking and/or smurfing. The retards never stop.

I'm at double AK at the moment and I had a game yesterday where I was the only one using my mic. It never stops.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I'm using a Zowie evo ec2 on a razor goliathus mouse mat and it's recently started acting up pretty bad. I first assumed it was the mouse failing but I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the mouse mat itself, as certain parts of the mat have perfect tracking if I start drawing circles with the mouse, but some spots have terrible tracking.

Is there any recommendation for mats to use with the zowie? I'd rather just buy a new mat than shell out for a new mouse, especially when it's only been a couple months.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I'm using a Zowie evo ec2 on a razor goliathus mouse mat and it's recently started acting up pretty bad. I first assumed it was the mouse failing but I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the mouse mat itself, as certain parts of the mat have perfect tracking if I start drawing circles with the mouse, but some spots have terrible tracking.

Is there any recommendation for mats to use with the zowie? I'd rather just buy a new mat than shell out for a new mouse, especially when it's only been a couple months.

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-QcK-mass-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B001O867XG

I've had this for almost 2 years and there's zero wear.

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

i love this mouse so far. I remember reading though that if a mouse pad is different colors it doesn't do well. try using a mouse pad with 1 solid color before blaming the mouse.

edit: linked mouse pad above makes me happy

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Eyke posted:

i love this mouse so far. I remember reading though that if a mouse pad is different colors it doesn't do well. try using a mouse pad with 1 solid color before blaming the mouse.

edit: linked mouse pad above makes me happy

Yeah, I've read a few things saying similar.

quote:

Yeah - the black nylon low-friction fibres they use to make the thread produces specular light... it has great highlights for reflecting the mouse light.

Unfortunately - the speckle pattern off the shiny nylon changes as the CCD tracks it, and so the optical flow (from SIFT algorithms) can't be computed because the anchor points disappear from under the sensor!

I was thinking of either getting a steelseries or puretrak. But yeah, I'm pretty certain it's the mat. It's very consistent on most of the black areas and very spotty on most of the green areas. It's just weird how it's started doing this after a year of use.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
How do you guys clean your QcK+? I've had mine for a few months and its starting to smell like poo poo.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Its just some cloth and some rubber, most things will do it. I use some warm soapy water and a sponge, and then hang it to dry

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Cute n Popular posted:

How do you guys clean your QcK+? I've had mine for a few months and its starting to smell like poo poo.

Chuck it in with your underpants next wash.

Sigmund
Oct 6, 2013

So when I play MM solo, I have an issue where most of the games I win, I will be at the bottom on the scoreboard. And most of the games i lose, I am at the top of the scoreboard.

I know its a bad habit to get into blaming your teammates, and that in all reality I am as bad as they are probably. However I do not think this is always the case.

I Have not been able to break out of silver league yet. Typically I will sit around silver elite master and silver elite. Majority of my games i have that go well, I can understand that the other team outperformed me, and I can learn something from it. When I have a game that does not go so well, I don't feel its because the other team was better, or that I could have made better decisions, it is because my teammates, don't have mics, refuse to communicate, don't follow any sort of plan, and don't do anything useful. The type of player that will buy a pp bizon every round, rush off by himself, spam poo poo into the mic if he has one, and start body blocking and trolling for half the match before they abandon.

Is it beneficial, to take a smurf and help boost out of silver league? when I queue with a friend of mine who bounces between nova 3 and 4, we get mainly decent and fun games, and I don't seem to have as many shithole teammates.

I genuinely want to get better and make and effort have more fun games. Any advice?

eppu
Apr 15, 2005
Buy Pro90, never stop. Out of silver in few games...and bait your team mates, that way they are at least good for something.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Sigmund posted:

I Have not been able to break out of silver league yet.

Is it beneficial, to take a smurf and help boost out of silver league?

8bitlawd posted:

You won't do better at higher ranks. Actually, you'll do worse. People at higher ranks are spending money to come back to silver because it's so easy for them to beat up silvers.

When you queue with a friend, you will have better games; your team just got 20% more teamworky. That doesn't have anything to do with the ranks.

Solo queueing CS is not for the feint of heart. You should stick to maps that don't require much teamwork, like dust2, and learn to enjoy the game on your own. If you want to play with teamwork then you need to find a group of people to queue with.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 22, 2014

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Sigmund posted:

So when I play MM solo, I have an issue where most of the games I win, I will be at the bottom on the scoreboard. And most of the games i lose, I am at the top of the scoreboard.

I know its a bad habit to get into blaming your teammates, and that in all reality I am as bad as they are probably. However I do not think this is always the case.

I Have not been able to break out of silver league yet. Typically I will sit around silver elite master and silver elite. Majority of my games i have that go well, I can understand that the other team outperformed me, and I can learn something from it. When I have a game that does not go so well, I don't feel its because the other team was better, or that I could have made better decisions, it is because my teammates, don't have mics, refuse to communicate, don't follow any sort of plan, and don't do anything useful. The type of player that will buy a pp bizon every round, rush off by himself, spam poo poo into the mic if he has one, and start body blocking and trolling for half the match before they abandon.

Is it beneficial, to take a smurf and help boost out of silver league? when I queue with a friend of mine who bounces between nova 3 and 4, we get mainly decent and fun games, and I don't seem to have as many shithole teammates.

I genuinely want to get better and make and effort have more fun games. Any advice?

Hang out in the CS GO:ONs channel and you'll find others looking to MM at your level. You could also start playing in goonmans which should really help you with your understanding of fundamental game mechanics.

hello internet fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 22, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Usually if you can't carry yourself out of X low rank you probably belong there.

If you want to MM with some higher ranks join the GO:ON chat and queue with us, see how you do, see how the higher ranks perform and you'll understand if you belong there or not.

Or just don't MM because why would anyone do that to themselves. I'd reccomend Goonmanning but I just can't anymore.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Sigmund posted:

Now that everything is relatively stable again in my life I'm going to start a weekly twitch stream where I view demos and provide general instruction. If you're up for the heat send me a demo of one of your MM matches and I'll use it.

I'm thinking of doing it on Sunday afternoons for anyone who'd like to watch it live. It shouldn't matter too much though as I'll be trimming the streams and hosting them afterwards as well.

edit: In the future I'll also review high-level demos or maybe even pro matches so that newer/lower ranked players can see what they should be working towards.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

8bitlawd posted:

I just don't get how someone can be stuck in silver. I was in silver for exactly one day. And it was the first time I had played counter strike in four years...

So what goon has the highest rank?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

ScienceAndMusic posted:

So what goon has the highest rank?

If the good goons played MM instead of goonmanning its usually SMFC~.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

mcvey posted:

If the good goons played MM instead of goonmanning its usually SMFC~.
Um, I'm a global master elite 3, thanks.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Not gonna lie when I get into a solo MM queue with 4 people with no mics who don't communicate and we're down 0-6 I'll just idle until they kick me. I'm that guy.

Fortunately it doesn't happen nearly as often as you guys are making it out.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Coleman posted:

Um, I'm a global master elite 3, thanks.

Diamond league or don't even talk to me

(Only Walt may talk to me)

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yeah I'm guessing the report system has largely worked because most non-goons I match up with are pretty good nowadays. I feel like there's a chance people who are regularly reported for non-bannable stuff are just corralled into matches with others like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

weekly font posted:

Not gonna lie when I get into a solo MM queue with 4 people with no mics who don't communicate and we're down 0-6 I'll just idle until they kick me. I'm that guy.

Fortunately it doesn't happen nearly as often as you guys are making it out.

Are you German? I've had this done 3 or 4 times. It was always some German kid literally sulking in the corner of spawn.

• Locked thread