Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Nope, it was this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

I really want to believe that he said something along the lines of your quote rather than this piece from the NYT.

I got that from Little America by Rajiv Chandrasekaran.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Biden's going to run into a lot of problems being associated with Obama, whereas Hillary kind of has an out. Of course with each passing day the Republican party further alienates itself from everyone who isn't a rich white dude (lotta white poors in red states suddenly enjoying things like "medicine" and "dental care"), so Biden losing the moderate Fox News demographic probably won't matter anyway.

psydude fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 22, 2014

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

By the time 2016 rolls around the media are going to be dying for someone to pit against Hilary. We got both primaries this time, it's been a while. Of course, one seems like a foregone conclusion and the other one seems like a train wreck, but still, gotta find that narrative in there somewhere.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I mean, they can figure out what happened to the plane just from all of the SIGINT that is being directed at that area along with satellite imagery and radar analysis. But the UN OSCE is still going to want to get into that site for recovery operations.

lol park police talkin bout sigint. ALL PLAYERS, WHIP 21 NOW PERFORMING TERMINAL GUIDANCE ON CB RADIO ASSOCIATED WITH OBJ ANTLER, A KNOWN FACILITATOR OF GW PARKWAY DEER POACHING NETWORK

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
Here's a live stream of Gaza
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/10016873

I hear some booms but nothing blowing up for the cam

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

psydude posted:

Biden's going to run into a lot of problems being associated with Obama, whereas Hillary kind of has an out. Of course with each passing day the Republican party further alienates itself from everyone who isn't a rich white dude (lotta white poors in red states suddenly enjoying things like "medicine" and "dental care"), so Biden losing the moderate Fox News demographic probably won't matter anyway.

Lolling at this whole convo, but especially this

Full Battle Rattle posted:

By the time 2016 rolls around the media are going to be dying for someone to pit against Hilary.

http://youtu.be/ZqCFxg2ez44

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

Lolling at this whole convo, but especially this

http://youtu.be/ZqCFxg2ez44

Yeah we know it's hard to be one of about 5 republicans left in the party clinging to the halcyon days of the gipper, but your moderate majority leader was defeated by a teabagging wacko and one of your moderate senators had to ask black democrats to bail him out in Mississippi, a move which had his challenger threatening to deploy "poll spectators" because I guess he was nostalgic for the 1950s.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

This is bizarre.

EDIT: haha, this has 679 dislikes.

EVERYONE NEEDS BRIDGES AND STREETS TO SUCCEED

Hahahahahahaha

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

AJELiveVerified account
‏@AJELive
Israeli army confirms it fired warning shots on Al Jazeera bureau in Gaza. http://aje.me/1jSGZN3

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

psydude posted:

Yeah we know it's hard to be one of about 5 republicans left in the party clinging to the halcyon days of the gipper, but your moderate majority leader was defeated by a teabagging wacko and one of your moderate senators had to ask black democrats to bail him out in Mississippi, a move which had his challenger threatening to deploy "poll spectators" because I guess he was nostalgic for the 1950s.

To be honest, Tea Party/Traditional Republican relations are a pretty great source of schadenfreude.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

psydude posted:

Yeah but are they smart enough to realize who was responsible for their sudden improvement in health?

Also

shyduck posted:

AJELiveVerified account
‏@AJELive
Israeli army confirms it fired warning shots on Al Jazeera bureau in Gaza. http://aje.me/1jSGZN3

lol

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

shyduck posted:

AJELiveVerified account
‏@AJELive

Pretty surprised they haven't dusted the poo poo out of them a week ago. AJ journo isn't a career for family men.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

movax posted:

Yeah but are they smart enough to realize who was responsible for their sudden improvement in health?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

psydude posted:

(lotta white poors in red states suddenly enjoying things like "medicine" and "dental care"), so Biden losing the moderate Fox News demographic probably won't matter anyway.

Yeah except for where all of our retard governors refused to expand Medicaid and then successfully deflected the blame for this with "Too Poor For Obamacare? We told you this wasn't gonna work."

The only people who can get Medicaid in SC under existing rules are children, or parents who make below 62% of poverty line. Childless adult making less than %133 of poverty? Eat poo poo and die.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 22, 2014

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

The sign with 'Keep government out of my medicare' :negative:

I'm not from the US and I still know Medicare is government health care.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

We prevented the South from becoming a giant version of the Dominican Republic by force of arms, but despite that they have spent the entire modern era striving as best they can to attain, and maintain, a 3rd world socioeconomic structure.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Best Friends posted:

We prevented the South from becoming a giant version of the Dominican Republic by force of arms, but despite that they have spent the entire modern era striving as best they can to attain, and maintain, a 3rd world socioeconomic structure.

Those yankees took away their slaveryfreedoms!

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Barnsy posted:

The sign with 'Keep government out of my medicare' :negative:

I'm not from the US and I still know Medicare is government health care.

But you're still too dense to recognize an obvious photoshop.

please tell me that's shopped

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

And one more for fun

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

How the hell do you misspell "government" "your" and "off" but spell "socialized" correctly? :psyduck:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Why are the most politically active people almost universally dumb and crazy?

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
For my own sanity I pretend that those are just people trolling the protests

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

Because the idiots of the world are always the loudest.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Mike-o posted:

:truth:

False Flag Rape
Aug 22, 2013

by Lowtax

Mike-o posted:

eg gip

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Mustang posted:

It's hard to yell your face red over nuanced world views on multifaceted problems requiring complex long term systematic solutions? Also does not make for snappy bumper stickers.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
While those protests are going on, smarter people are generally at work, or at least not skipping class

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I call this "Democracy Dilemma". The people you want least to be engaged in politics are usually the ones who have all the time in the world to do just that.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Sjurygg posted:

I call this "Democracy Dilemma". The people you want least to be engaged in politics are usually the ones who have all the time in the world to do just that.

There's no dilemma as far as I'm concerned. America will prosper again under the benevolent stewardship of white male landowners.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

at the date posted:

There's no dilemma as far as I'm concerned. America will prosper again under the benevolent stewardship of white male landowners.

Do we have to spend 250 years giving all the rights back again? I bet we could do it in 180 this time.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

For my own sanity I pretend that those are just people trolling the protests

A lot of em' are, it was kind of a thing at my uni at least. Although id still perfectly believe some of those people would be dumb enough to believe that.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

gently caress, I'm moving to the Netherlands.

I think I'll take a boat instead of a plane, though.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

psydude posted:

gently caress, I'm moving to the Netherlands.

I think I'll take a boat instead of a plane, though.

gently caress off we're full.

e: :vince:

Koesj fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 23, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Koesj posted:

gently caress off we're full.

Uh, I believe 193 vacancies just opened up.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psydude posted:

:vince:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

psydude posted:

:drat:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

psydude posted:

:drat:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

psydude posted:

The funniest thing to ever come out of psydude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Whip Slagcheek posted:

The funniest thing to ever come out of psydude

You never seen his kid play kickball.

It's all flailing and arms and some kinda sensory integration disorder they don't have a name for but lol when turbo's juiced up and hulking for a tism tantrum-- it's loving funnier than watching a Dachshund gently caress a bean bag for 12 minutes straight without breaking eye contact with you and seeming to slow zoom the entire loving time. It's lol as gently caress, his kid's a goddamn genetic abomination unto the lord and he's the reason that god never struck down Wade V. Boggs so women like Psydude's broodmare could get these little developmentally malintegrated uterine linings with faces scraped out in the bathroom by a "provisionally" licensed foreign medical doctor at a 7-11, Rhodes, Qt, some WaWa's, and out west for some reason their version of Hardee's.

That kid of his is a goddamn hoot.

• Locked thread