Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Tits got a release date of July 29th. $19.99. Steam and GOG.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251150/

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That's awfully sudden, but I'm not complaining.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Whoo finally.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Excellent.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

They also confirmed on Twitter it's gonna have all the PSP extras (monster encyclopedia will come later)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zeether posted:

They also confirmed on Twitter it's gonna have all the PSP extras (monster encyclopedia will come later)

What were the PSP extras originally?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Cake Attack posted:

What were the PSP extras originally?

Animated portraits, more battle voice acting and some minor animation tweaks besides the bestiary.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So by the [tweaks to major dialogue] and [changes to the text] they mention in their [Twitter], I assume they got rid of the [brackets]?

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Terper posted:

So by the [tweaks to major dialogue] and [changes to the text] they mention in their [Twitter], I assume they got rid of the [brackets]?
Sure did. As for PSP features, one major thing not mentioned here is the New Game+ feature. A lot of people care about that one so... yeah.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Volt Catfish posted:

Tits got a release date of July 29th. $19.99. Steam and GOG.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251150/

gently caress yeah I've been non-patiently waiting for this!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Yeah, you guys can thank Sara for the huge majority of this. She did an amazing job modernizing the parts of the engine that needed/could be modernized, and the game looks ridiculously dope at 1080p+ at 60FPS for a game of its age.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
What about 16:10 monitors, does it have something like 1920x1200 for us weirdos?

And its probably just me but something feels off about the font, maybe it's to skinny? And shouldn't 'Attack' be centered in that box there.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It is very nice to know you guys did more than just a translation. It's certainly more than I expected and makes me feel the extra wait was worth it even though it was so long.

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Im_Special posted:

What about 16:10 monitors, does it have something like 1920x1200 for us weirdos?

And its probably just me but something feels off about the font, maybe it's to skinny? And shouldn't 'Attack' be centered in that box there.
It should support any resolution that your monitor can handle, for the most part.

The reason for the lack of centering on some things is simply that it's one of those low-priority things I haven't gotten to yet since there's more important stuff to take care of first.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Im_Special posted:

I helped debug it on a 16:10 monitor. It works just fine and looks glorious.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Not a dealbreaker, but I hope I can keep TitS windowed to enforce 120Hz on my TV. Ys Origins runs very nicely that way. Even better would be a full screen windowed option.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah, you guys can thank Sara for the huge majority of this. She did an amazing job modernizing the parts of the engine that needed/could be modernized, and the game looks ridiculously dope at 1080p+ at 60FPS for a game of its age.

Um excuse me but according to Microsoft "1080p" and "60FPS" are just buzzwords, and otherwise aren't very important.

(you guys are the best)

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
If I'm looking to buy the game on Steam, will you take into account the difference between dollars and euros?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Xseed hasn't announced the Euro price yet, but Ys Origin is $20 vs 16€, so this will probably be the same.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Blog post from XSEED regarding the difficulties they had with Trails FC's development for modern PCs, along with a few other tidbits!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blattdorf posted:

Galbalan on Nightmare is pretty easy for about 3/4 of the fight. It's only when he creates the stupid laser grid and uses all his skills at once that it gets horribly difficult.

If you're getting whoomped during the first phase, you just need to dodge harder.

I actually did manage to beat him a couple days ago, which I was pretty proud about.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

SpaceDrake posted:

:fap::fap::fap:

I'm seriously considering buying this again. Converting saves between PSP and PC should be doable (with some fudging around), right?

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Omobono posted:

Converting saves between PSP and PC should be doable (with some fudging around), right?

That is very unlikely, don't get your hopes up.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Omobono posted:

:fap::fap::fap:

I'm seriously considering buying this again. Converting saves between PSP and PC should be doable (with some fudging around), right?

I've actually seen XSEED people in a few places saying that is just isn't possible to do this, sadly. The filetypes are just wholly incompatible, or something. That blog post gives a few more details on just how different the PC and PSP versions are:

XSEED blog posted:

Normally, in a project like this, we would have consulted the source code for the PSP version. The PSP version of the game uses much more modern tools and parts of the source code itself were also modernized for performance. Unfortunately, the code for the PSP version and PC version have surprisingly little in common, and very little code could be reused directly. The polygon mesh code (in its entirety), and all of the code for menu windows, was completely rewritten. As a result, it couldn’t even be used as a guide. Even filenames for the same things differed completely between the two versions, making it difficult to make any comparisons at all.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I'm so excited for this and I don't even know why! :allears: I've never played a jrpg before (unless pokemon red from my childhood counts), will Trails in the Sky be easy to pick up and play? I've been excited for another game from the Ys devs after playing Origin and Chronicles.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
If you can figure out Ys, you'll be fine. Combat is turn based though.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

smenj posted:

Blog post from XSEED regarding the difficulties they had with Trails FC's development for modern PCs, along with a few other tidbits!

This article, by the way, confirms that New Game+ is in there.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

I'm so excited for this and I don't even know why! :allears: I've never played a jrpg before (unless pokemon red from my childhood counts), will Trails in the Sky be easy to pick up and play? I've been excited for another game from the Ys devs after playing Origin and Chronicles.

Yeah, the combat's fairly simple, but there's a few nuances that may not be immediately apparent. Basically, the combat's turn based, with bonuses applied to certain turns (which you can see with tiles on the left hand side of the screen representing the turn order). So, for example, the game might decide that the third turn from now gets a critical hit bonus, so attacks on that turn do more damage. However, there are special moves called 'S-Crafts', which you can use after building up a certain amount of CP (earned by taking and dealing damage in fights). You can use an S-Craft at any point, and thus break the turn order. You can use this to nick bonuses that would've been applied to enemy turns and so on. Strategy in fights boils down to using S-Crafts to steal bonuses, moving characters out of the way of area attacks, buffing other characters, etc.

It should be fairly clear, but if you're unsure, it should be easy enough to find a video of someone doing a battle, which should help.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
That sounds fun and simple enough for a dummy dumb like me to play and get. Thanks!

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Plans in the making for TitS SC yesssssss

I finished my one playthrough of Ys Origins the night before this one. I think it's been a good while since I got the sort of rush that comes from loving up in a boss fight and then surviving it with HP in the single digits. Must speedrun again before tits comes out

I looked up a few characters for Felghana to familiarize myself for later and wow, is Chester intended to be a sympathetic antagonist in a hyperactive hack-and-slash? I'm not sure how well I'll take the dissonance but maybe it'll be moving :stare:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

smenj posted:

Holy crap, XSeed is doing saintly work here. :allears:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

smenj posted:

I've actually seen XSEED people in a few places saying that is just isn't possible to do this, sadly. The filetypes are just wholly incompatible, or something. That blog post gives a few more details on just how different the PC and PSP versions are:

I'm still tempted to simply double up on both FC and SC. This thing is a good play for long voyages (so, Ps Vita) but :syoon:1080p+ 60fps:syoon:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Omobono posted:

I'm still tempted to simply double up on both FC and SC. This thing is a good play for long voyages (so, Ps Vita) but :syoon:1080p+ 60fps:syoon:

I've got FC on my Vita and I'll be buying the PC ver and both of the SC as well :P
Gotta have it on the go AND at home!
Soooo excited.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Heavy neutrino posted:

(you guys are the best)

Just wanna reiterate this because you guys really are the best.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Omobono posted:

Same here! Loved FC, and especially loved being able to play it on the go. 1080p + 60fps sounds too tempting to resist, though... Plus, I suppose I could go for a max BP run of FC on PC since I've already finished it. And if it also shows support for XSEED localising more of these games, then that's a nice bonus.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I already own the psp version of 1 but ill be buying the pc version and both versions of 2 as well in the hopes that we can eventually get this whole drat series localized.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
So with TitS getting a release date, I figured I'd redo the OP a bit. I'm thinking of reducing the number of screenshots, re-organizing the games so they're sorted by series, then release date, and adding store links to steam/PSN for games available via those services. If anybody has any other suggestions for things they'd like added/fixed, I'd love to hear them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think for Ys at least it would be better to list the games in the order they were released, thus moving Origin to be after Oath in Felghana. There are also a few Ys V comments scattered about the thread so you could probably swipe some of them for the Ys V section.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Nate RFB posted:

I think for Ys at least it would be better to list the games in the order they were released, thus moving Origin to be after Oath in Felghana. There are also a few Ys V comments scattered about the thread so you could probably swipe some of them for the Ys V section.

Yeah, I was planning to do that, and expand on the Ys V section. I originally kept it as a joke, since V seemed like the least-played Ys game, but it really should have more info. I was also thinking of adding sections for Brandish and Gurumin, since Xseed is bringing the PSP remake of Brandish to steam, and Gurumin is currently on Greenlight.

Ed: Also I remember somebody mentioning something about the Zwei 2 translation project being put on hold or something like that? Can't remember, anybody know?

Lance Streetman fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Lance Streetman posted:

Yeah, I was planning to do that, and expand on the Ys V section. I originally kept it as a joke, since V seemed like the least-played Ys game, but it really should have more info. I was also thinking of adding sections for Brandish and Gurumin, since Xseed is bringing the PSP remake of Brandish to steam, and Gurumin is currently on Greenlight.

Ed: Also I remember somebody mentioning something about the Zwei 2 translation project being put on hold or something like that? Can't remember, anybody know?

Rumor has it that the translators sold their translation to Zwei and Zewi 2. However, this is just speculation. And wait, I know XSEED was doing the PSP version of Brandish, but I didn't hear anything about it being brought to Steam.

• Locked thread