Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Kibibi Island; it's a beautiful place this time of year. In another world it'd be a major tourist attraction. Sitting in the Indian Ocean it's the perfect little tropical getaway...for the ENEMIES OF FREEDOM.

The brief is short, sweet and weapons free, just the way you like it. Intel believes there's a major Russian missile base hidden on this rock and it's your job to take them down. You're being dropped off at dawn, and once you're on the island you're on your own until there's confirmation you've taken Ivan's rockets apart. You'll need to find it first, but intel is pretty sure there's an entrance somewhere along the south of the island.

You're minutes away from landing, the helicopters creeping along the ocean surface to avoid radar. The crew chief pipes up over the radio: "We're armed to the teeth, but orders are you dictate the rules of engagement. So how do you want us to do this; hit 'em hard, or quick and quiet?"

OOC thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AIRWOOF
AIRWOOF RESPONDS BY PLAYING FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES THROUGH THE 9000+BIT ENCRYPTED HYPERCOMMS AND LEVELS OUT TO HIT THE TURBOBOOST. DOLPHINS AND poo poo ARE SENT FLYING IN THE AIR IN ITS WAKE AS IT FLIES NOO (NAP OF THE OCEAN) TO THE MISSLE BASE TO DELIVER FREEDOM AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. gently caress COMMUNISTS. LIBERTY.

STRIKE
FORCE
LIBERTY

Theme: AIRWOOF THEME
Role: SMARTCOPTER
Profile: After becoming self aware in 1984 and repeatedly rocking itself back and forth, throwing its pilot against the cockpit violently till his brains splatted all over the control panel, AIRWOOF flew over to Libya to overthrow Muammar Qaddafi's government so it could get get some avgas and a wash. Airwoof dropped off the grid and hasn't been seen since, until now. COMING SOON TO A COUNTRY NEAR YOU! AIRWOOF!
Stamping Grounds: COMING SOON TO A COUNTRY NEAR YOU!
Quote: "AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Gear: 30mm Cannons and TOW missles and poo poo i dunno gently caress
Styles: Daring 1, Ingenuity 1, Might 1
Skills: supersonic flight, electronic warfare, looking like a regular rear end helicopter, bad jokes, missles, machineguns

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 22, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mark Brouhard posted:

AIRWOOF
AIRWOOF RESPONDS BY PLAYING FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES THROUGH THE 9000+BIT ENCRYPTED HYPERCOMMS AND LEVELS OUT TO HIT THE TURBOBOOST. DOLPHINS AND poo poo ARE SENT FLYING IN THE AIR IN ITS WAKE AS IT FLIES NOO (NAP OF THE OCEAN) TO THE MISSLE BASE TO DELIVER FREEDOM AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. gently caress COMMUNISTS. LIBERTY.

STRIKE
FORCE
LIBERTY

AIRWOOF CORRECTS ITS FLIGHTPATH BY PROCEEDING TO THE SOUTHSIDE OF THE ISLAND AS IT REMEMBERS THE MISSILE BASE LOCATION IS CURRENTLY UNKNOWN. IT ACTIVATES ITS ELECTRONIC WARFARE SUITE TO LOOK FOR RADAR EMISSIONS AND RADIO TRANSMISSIONS AND poo poo TO HOPEFULLY HOME IN ON COMMIE FUCKS.

SOME poo poo: 1d6 6

AND IT FINDS SOME IN THE FORM OF A FAINT VHF SIGNAL BEARING 090. UNABLE TO TRIANGULATE THE EXACT LOCATION RELATIVE ON THE ISLAND DUE TO TERRAIN CLUTTER AND poo poo, AIRWOOF DOES THE NEXT BEST THING. SEARCHING ITS ROLODEX OF CAPTURED SOVIET CIPHERS AND CODES, IT USES THEM TO PERFORM A HANDSHAKE WITH THE SOVIET RADIO'S COMPUTER MAINFRAME AND poo poo TO IMPLANT AN IFF CODE OF ITS CHOOSING, IN THIS CASE REPRESENTING A MI24 HIND. IT CONTACTS THE TOWER FOR APPROACH INSTRUCTIONS USING GRU CODES AND CHANGES ITS SYNTHETIC VOICE TO SOUND LIKE ONE OF THOSE ACTORS WHO PLAY RUSSIANS ON MCGUYVER. AIRWOOF AWAITS A RESPONSE FROM THE TOWER TO TRIANGULATE THE BASE'S LOCATION FOR A FACT BEFORE TRANSMITTING THE INFORMATION TO STRIKE FORCE LIBERTY STRAIGHT TO THEIR HOLODECKS.

A
M
E
R
I
C
A

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 22, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
LION JOHNSTON.

Extreme - When I'm President

Role: Badass Spec-Ops
Profile: They don't keep guys like this tied to a unit. They keep them on stand-by, to send in when things go completely wrong. The US military archives are filled with pages of blacked-out text about guys like me, so when we show up to cause some trouble you better stop running your mouth. That is, if you see us before we've got your gun in our hands and your arm in a lock. America pays these men to keep America free, and that's exactly what they do with their time.
Stamping Grounds: US Military Bases.
Quote: "Got a smoke?"
Gear: Karambit, the eye patch, fatigues, military hardware, and a pack of smokes.
Styles: Daring 1, Craft 1, Mighty 1
Skills: falling from great heights, stealth, CQC, traps, Delta Force weapons training, smoking and looking cool, fast talking

-------------------------------------------------------

Lion Johnson smokes one of his Marlboro Reds while looking over the map of the island. He marks a few points on the map, possible drop-off points, and says, "Let's do this right. Drop in quick and quiet, find a guy, persuade him to tell us the entrance, then hit it loud."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Former Vice-President Diamond Filibuster

Theme: Escape From New York Theme

Role: Convicted Politician
Profile: Former Vice President Filibuster is a good man, an idealistic and naive man. That naivety got him in trouble when he trusted the wrong Libyans and performed the ultimate unintentional treason. Sent to Crucible-F, America's biggest super prison, Diamond had to get tough, so tough his former Republican opponents would no longer be able to call him "soft". You might say he went into the Crucible and came out hard as a Diamond. Now Diamond has a chance to atone for his accidental crimes and prove himself to still be a patriotic man by joining up with Strike Force Liberty. And if he fails to prove his patriotism, well lets just say that prison collar around his neck isn't just for show.
Stamping Grounds: Crucible-F Super Prison
Quote: "I have to be careful when I put my American Flag pin on my suit in the morning, I have coated the point with a deadly neurotoxin."
Gear: Bomb collar, Dress Clothes and Shades, Prison Shank, Handgun
Styles: Daring 1, Charm 1, Ingenuity 1
Skills: Prison Brawling, Backroom Dealing, Shank Making, Filibustering, Out of the Box Thinking, Knowledge of American History & Politics, Handguns

-------------------------------------------------------

Filibuster struggles to scratch an itch underneath the bomb collar around his neck. He manages to force a pinky finger underneath the collar and begins scratching with his fingernail and answers, "Look, I am new to this whole ball game, but the way we did it in prison was you sneaked up on the man and then shank him loud and hard to make a statement. So I'm fine with Mr. Johnston just suggested."

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 22, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

The tower acknowledges AIRWOOF's IFF. "Comrade Hind, you are cleared for approach, transmitting guidance signal to Hangar 4 now." They beam you a Soviet command beam, but your superior American flight computer backtraces the signal to a cliff opening on the southeasternmost edge of the island. There's no SAM or AAA codes in the signal, so the hangar is unprotected it seems like. AIRWOOF gets a plot point for rolling a 6 while using Ingenuity. Everyone got one to start, so you all have one except AIRWOOF, who has two.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AIRWOOF
"Informative: Soviet Presence confirmed on island at Grid ONE ONE THREE SIX FOUR NINE. Enemy Air Defenses: Not transmitting, location unknown. Declaration: AIRWOOF has spoofed Soviet command into believing it is NOMENCLATURE: MI-24D Hind Attack Helicopter carrying GRU passengers to island. Landing clearance granted at Hanger 4. Declaration: Proceeding to Cliff Opening at GRID ONE ONE THREE SIX FOUR NINE and will begin offensive operation. AIRWOOF OUT."

Cue synthetic and twisted laughter as AIRWOOF laughs it up at humans being so dumb.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mega Drive - Dataline

Sergeant A.M.E.R.I.C.A. (American Mechanical Enforcer Righteous Incredible Combatter American)
Role: American Cyborg
Profile: More machine than man, and more patriot than machine, you are THE American Cyborg. The commies and the hippies may try to stop you, but you are the greatest weapon of the United States: a true patriot with several hundred pounds of quasi-legal, unregulated firepower and an itchy trigger finger.
Stamping Grounds: The Frontline On The War For America's Freedom
Quote: "My body may have been built in China, but my heart is All-American."
Gear: Indestructible Leather Vest and Pants, Gun-For-A-Right-Arm, Stars-and-Stripes Tattoo
Styles: Daring 2, Might 1
Skills: Real American Heroics, US Army Training, Blueprint Memorization, Infectious Patriotism, Cyborg Power X, Maximum Firepower, Commie-Busting

------

"Good idea speaking in a Russian accent, AIRWOOF. They'll never know what hit them." Sgt. A.M.E.R.I.C.A. checks his gun-arm. It's loaded, of course. Ammo count, unlimited. "I like the way you think. Put on your MADE IN AMERICA genuine novelty Russian winter hats with the ears and your best accents and we'll bluff our way right up into the middle of their base. They'll be prepared for us trying to shoot our way in- but they'll never expect us shooting our way out."

Earth to Terra
Jul 11, 2013

Horatio "Black Eagle" Tibbs

Theme: The Warriors Theme
Role: Grizzled Aviator
Profile: Internationally wanted for gun running, airborne distribution of propaganda, and outstanding collateral damage charges, Black Eagle has avoided any official connection with the United States Military. Nevertheless, his supplies seem mysteriously inexhaustible and the many enemies of Uncle Sam have learned to fear the low rumble of his four-engined attack plane. Eagle can usually be found lending "help" from above to impoverished freedom fighters around the world.
Stamping grounds: American air bases and enemy air spaces
Quote: "It's gonna rain..."
Gear:
[Major item] AC-130 Gunship "May Lin"
[Flavor] Cigars, M-16, Combat fatigues, Cigars
Styles: Daring-1, Ingenuity-1, Craft-1
Skills: Flying and repairing aircraft, Smelling Trouble, Covering Fire, Weather Forecasting, Navigation, Showing up at the right time, Head butting
==============================================================================================================

Black Eagle ceremoniously pulls on some fingerless weighted gloves and cracks his knuckles.

"I say we just give Ivan Sonova-vitch a friendly little wake-up call."

"...and maybe a little room service too. Denver BOMBlette with extra mushroom(cloud), and a glass of fresh squeezed whoop-rear end with lots of vitamin C-you-later."

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Ken Killomiles

I Can't Drive 55

"Quick is my middle name, brother." Ken's voice rings from the radio, still a little shrill from inexperience. He's decided the safest place to be is where he always wants to be: behind the wheel.

Mustang Sally, the '69 Camaro

One of the choppers tows with them a black Camaro, fit for infiltration (painted black) and demolition (rockets hidden behind the front and rear fenders). Ken is strapped into the driver's seat, peering over the windshield with a scope. "Problem is, Pop never did name me Quiet, or Safe. Let's blow some smoke." He pulls the keys out of his pocket and kisses the emblem on the keychain.

Rather Watch Them posted:

First you get the license,
Then you get the car,
Then you get the gold.

It's the sequel you never knew you wanted:

FINAL LAP IV: SON OF SAM

Role: Son of a Patriotic Death-Racer
Profile: After a grueling two-year training course, Ken had finally achieved the impossible: he had earned his driver's license, and not a moment too soon! His pop, Sam "Killa" Miles, had just died in the war, leaving him as a patriotic army brat with nothing to lose but the keys to his father's Camaro. Now he's serving his country, one mile at a time, by shuttling his pop's combat brothers while participating in the annual RAZOR'S EDGE X-COUNTRY FREE-FOR-ALL, a race that forces Ken to break every law he pretended he knew.
Stamping Grounds: The Team Killomiles garage in Detroit Rock City
Quote: "The DMV can suck my fumes! Right, Pop?"
Gear: Mustang Sally
Denim jacket, Sam's old hat, Tire iron
Styles: Daring 1, Ingenuity 2
Skills: Driving, road combat, intimidation, hair-brained repairs, being underestimated, tuned-up reflexes, blunt weapons

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
LION JOHNSTON.
Plot Points: 1

Lion Johnson puts on his best Russian accent and pulls on his parachute. "We jumping out of this perfectly good chopper or what? Airwoof, get us over that LZ!"

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

The helicopters scream towards the island, weapons checks being made as you fly towards a guard post not too far from the cliff hangar. Rockets and chaingun fire ring for liberty as the jump chief signals green. "Go, go, go, we'll cover you!" The commies have no idea what hit them at first, but start to gather themselves to counter-attack as bullets fly both ways.

There isn't much left of the camp after the initial shock assault, just a guard tower, a couple of machine gun posts, and a radio station.

AIRWOOF

By the time they figure out you're not a Hind you're already in the armoured hangar doors. The hangar is huge; it was obviously made to take cargo jets. Technicians scatter as pilots rush to get their own helicopters off the ground and soldiers ineffectually spray bullets at you. It's you against dozens. Hardly fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1NAhlVRaZ4

TIME TO BE IMMORTAL, BECAUSE HEROES NEVER DIE

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 22, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AIRWOOF
AIRWOOF pops a hover in the hanger and sideslips around the hanger. A human pilot couldn't possibly pull some poo poo off like this without eating the ceiling but for the ghost in the machine it was no problem. AIRWOOF opens fire with 30mm cannons raking all the helicopters and crew.
"FASTER, STRONGER, BETTER." AIRWOOF spouts out to taunt the soviets as he machineguns them down, ADF pod underneath firing missles at various cargo planes to cause even more havoc. "MY VICTORY YOUR DEATH!" AIRWOOF spins around, flying backwards in the hanger to aim at the armored hanger doors. Firing a 3 missle volley from the ADF launcher and cannon rounds, he blows open the hanger doors to allow STRIKE FORCE LIBERTY's STALLIONS to FLY ON IN. INFORMATIVE: LZ at HANGER 4 SECURED, POPPING PURPLE SMOKE TO MARK LZ." AIRWOOF's synthetic voice goes over the radio as it turns around to mop up soviet crewmen, shooting purple smoke canisters out of its rear end to mark the flaming hanger in purple haze. "LZ MARKED. BRING IT IN" AIRWOOF says as it flies out of the hanger and begins raining death on the base below.

SOME DARING poo poo: 2d6 6 (5 and a 1)
SOME MORE DARING poo poo: 4#1d6 3 3 6 1
EVEN MORE DARING poo poo gently caress IT LETS GO: 12#1d6 5 1 4 5 1 4 6 1 2 2 3...

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 23, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sgt. A.M.E.R.I.C.A.

Para-shooting (US Army Training): 3d6 10 (3, 3, 4)
That should be Partial Control, right?

"Red, meet red, white, and blue!" Sgt. A.M.E.R.I.C.A. patriots at the top of his lungs, his arm-mounted machine gun roars with triumph as the Sergeant hangs in the air, using his parachute to get an aerial advantage on the commie bastards below. Something important explodes in a hail of gunfire, and a stuntman mook is sent spiraling through the air to the familiar tune of a Wilheim scream. "Who else wants some!"

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 23, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

Sgt. A.M.E.R.I.C.A.

Para-shooting (US Army Training): 3d6 10 (3, 3, 4)
That should be Partial Control, right?

Yep!

Sgt AMERICA's antics, while undoubtedly effective, aren't exactly subtle, and soon the klaxons sound as more mooks storm in.

You killed a bunch of reds, but not quickly/subtly enough that the alarm wasn't sounded, so they know you're coming.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

simsense cumshots posted:

AIRWOOF
AIRWOOF pops a hover in the hanger and sideslips around the hanger. A human pilot couldn't possibly pull some poo poo off like this without eating the ceiling but for the ghost in the machine it was no problem. AIRWOOF opens fire with 30mm cannons raking all the helicopters and crew.
"FASTER, STRONGER, BETTER." AIRWOOF spouts out to taunt the soviets as he machineguns them down, ADF pod underneath firing missles at various cargo planes to cause even more havoc. "MY VICTORY YOUR DEATH!" AIRWOOF spins around, flying backwards in the hanger to aim at the armored hanger doors. Firing a 3 missle volley from the ADF launcher and cannon rounds, he blows open the hanger doors to allow STRIKE FORCE LIBERTY's STALLIONS to FLY ON IN. INFORMATIVE: LZ at HANGER 4 SECURED, POPPING PURPLE SMOKE TO MARK LZ." AIRWOOF's synthetic voice goes over the radio as it turns around to mop up soviet crewmen, shooting purple smoke canisters out of its rear end to mark the flaming hanger in purple haze. "LZ MARKED. BRING IT IN" AIRWOOF says as it flies out of the hanger and begins raining death on the base below.

SOME DARING poo poo: 2d6 6 (5 and a 1)
SOME MORE DARING poo poo: 4#1d6 3 3 6 1
EVEN MORE DARING poo poo gently caress IT LETS GO: 12#1d6 5 1 4 5 1 4 6 1 2 2 3...

Amidst the carnage, the only threat to your rotary might is that all the explosions are causing the hangar roof to collapse in places...

Hazard Rating 1 in the Hangar, since it's been gutted enough that it could cave in soon. Also that's a total of 6 plot points.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AIRWOOF
AIRWOOF COMES SCREAMING OUT OF THE HANGER, FIRING 30MM EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS AT THE GUARD TOWERS TRYING TO SHOOT UP STRIKE FORCE LIBERTY. IT FLIES BY AT HIGH SPEED AMIDST THE SMOKE AND FIRE OF A BLOWN UP GUARD TOWER AND THEN DOES A SPLIT S AT LOW LEVEL, BARELY PULLING UP THE NOSE TO AVOID STRIKING THE GROUND. IT SLIDES FORWARD ACROSS THE GROUND AND BODYCHECKS AN ENTIRE SOVIET PLATOON RUSHING ACROSS FROM SOME UNDERGROUND BUNKER OPENING AND EITHER CRUSHES THEM UNDERNEATH OR BOUNCES THEM OFF THE CANOPY INTO THE ROTORBLADES. AS IT PULLS UP AND PULLS OFF A IMMELMEN IT GETS LOCKED ONTO BY SAMS AND IS FIRED UPON. AIRWOOF DUCKS AND WEAVES THROUGHOUT BUILDINGS TO DRAW THE MISSLES IN AND THEN POPS CHAFF ABOVE A BUNKER BEFORE SCOOTING OFF. THE MISSLES BLAST THE BUNKER FOR IT WHILST IT RETALIATES WITH AGM-45 SHRIKES THAT HOME IN ON THE RADARS SOURCE. AIRWOOF GETS BACK ON GROUND SUPPRESSION DUTY FLYING OVER SGT AMERICAS HEAD AND DROPPING A ROPE LADDER FROM THE SIDE TO GIVE HIM A LIFT UP TO THE HANGER. "GET IN human being WE GOT TO GET THOSE MISSILES FOR FREEDOM! AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" AIRWOOF SCREAMS IN ITS SYNTHESIZED VOICE AS IT OFFERS HIM AND ANYONE ELSE THE AIRWOOF EXPRESS RIDE TO HANGER 4 TO GET INSIDE THE ISLAND BASE AND TAKE OVER.

INSANE STUNT BONUS: 21#1d6 2 4 1 6 1 2 5 6 4 3 1...
SOME INGENIOUS poo poo: 3#1d6 6 5 1
SOME DARING poo poo: 3#1d6 4 2 3
SOME DARING poo poo: 3#1d6 4 3 3

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 23, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

simsense cumshots posted:

AIRWOOF
AIRWOOF COMES SCREAMING OUT OF THE HANGER, FIRING 30MM EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS AT THE GUARD TOWERS TRYING TO SHOOT UP STRIKE FORCE LIBERTY. IT FLIES BY AT HIGH SPEED AMIDST THE SMOKE AND FIRE OF A BLOWN UP GUARD TOWER AND THEN DOES A SPLIT S AT LOW LEVEL, BARELY PULLING UP THE NOSE TO AVOID STRIKING THE GROUND. IT SLIDES FORWARD ACROSS THE GROUND AND BODYCHECKS AN ENTIRE SOVIET PLATOON RUSHING ACROSS FROM SOME UNDERGROUND BUNKER OPENING AND EITHER CRUSHES THEM UNDERNEATH OR BOUNCES THEM OFF THE CANOPY INTO THE ROTORBLADES. AS IT PULLS UP AND PULLS OFF A IMMELMEN IT GETS LOCKED ONTO BY SAMS AND IS FIRED UPON. AIRWOOF DUCKS AND WEAVES THROUGHOUT BUILDINGS TO DRAW THE MISSLES IN AND THEN POPS CHAFF ABOVE A BUNKER BEFORE SCOOTING OFF. THE MISSLES BLAST THE BUNKER FOR IT WHILST IT RETALIATES WITH AGM-45 SHRIKES THAT HOME IN ON THE RADARS SOURCE. AIRWOOF GETS BACK ON GROUND SUPPRESSION DUTY FLYING OVER SGT AMERICAS HEAD AND DROPPING A ROPE LADDER FROM THE SIDE TO GIVE HIM A LIFT UP TO THE HANGER. "GET IN human being WE GOT TO GET THOSE MISSILES FOR FREEDOM! AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" AIRWOOF SCREAMS IN ITS SYNTHESIZED VOICE AS IT OFFERS HIM AND ANYONE ELSE THE AIRWOOF EXPRESS RIDE TO HANGER 4 TO GET INSIDE THE ISLAND BASE AND TAKE OVER.

INSANE STUNT BONUS: 21#1d6 2 4 1 6 1 2 5 6 4 3 1...
SOME INGENIOUS poo poo: 3#1d6 6 5 1
SOME DARING poo poo: 3#1d6 4 2 3
SOME DARING poo poo: 3#1d6 4 3 3

While AIRWOOF has quite handily dispatched a significant chunk of the Russian reinforcements, all that blood has made the rope ladder slick...

Hazard 1; if you board AIRWOOF immediately you're fine, if you go kill commies or do something that doesn't involve peacing out to the hangar you're fine, but if you Do a Thing that involves dice and try to board AIRWOOF as a part of it, then you'll need to take the Hazard into account.

Earth to Terra
Jul 11, 2013

Black Eagle

Covering fire 3d6 3,2,3

"Death from Above Motherfuckas!"

Black Eagle squints to increase his rate of fire and unleashes a hail of covering fire as he floats into the middle of the camp.

As soon as he's close enough to the ground (~30ft) he's going to shrug out of the parachute harness to tuck and roll to get behind the nearest bulletproof object.

"Bad time to drop in?"

Earth to Terra fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 23, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Black Eagle effortlessly cuts down a squad of guards as he descends, but his parachute snags on a tree!

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Ken Killomiles

"Alright, put that pedal to the metal and the gas to their asses!" Ken ignites the engine and revs up as the LZ is in sight. When the timing is just right, he releases the parking brake and ramps off the cargo platform onto the battlefield.

HIT THE GAS: 3d6k1 5, 5, 1

All four tires touch down on the hard dirt just outside the hangar, allowing him to quickly downshift and hit the special red button on his drive shaft. "VROOM VROOM? BOOM BOOM!"

Sally's fender folds down to unleash a salvo of rockets as Ken whips her around in a donut, spraying hot fire onto the reds and their guard tower.

Earth to Terra
Jul 11, 2013

Black Eagle

Covering Fire intended to cover everything with fire 3d6 2,6,1

"Nothin' to get hung up about."

Eagle drops out of the parachute harness sooner than originally planned and stands with his back to the tree. It looks like he landed a little too far from AIRWOOF to reach the rope ladder right away. Black Eagle gives a 'you-go-on-ahead' wave to the cyber copter and calmly lights a cigar as the tree behind him is gradually reduced to splinters by thousands of communist bullets.

"These guys just need to ...lighten up a bit."

He removes the (still nearly full) magazine from his M-16 and replaces it with a new one, marked with a flames decal and containing nothing but tracer rounds.

Now it's time for some more covering fire. This time he directs the unfocused spray of bullets toward those bright red steel drums at the base of the guard tower which are most likely filled with large amounts of very high pressure propane.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

"Wah, this parachuting business is too slow."
As Diamond descends slowly down he spots an enemy solider underneath his feet and smiles as he gets an idea. "Hey kid!" he shouts as he takes out his trusty prison shank and begins cutting off his parachute, "This is going to hurt you more than its going to hurt me!"

Goomba Stomp: 3d6 2,5,6

The young Russian solider looks up, the last thing he will see are the dress shoes of a former Vice-President crashing into his head. He is able to make out what appears to be a screaming bald eagle on the bottom of the shows, embroidered on. These Americans are so tacky, he thinks before his head is brutally crushed.

"I wish I could have done this on Capital Hill," Diamond smirks, stepping out of the brain matter, "But the politicians there were a little too headstrong."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AIRWOOF
AIRWOOF DUSTS OFF, WITH OR WITHOUT PASSENGERS. IF HE HAS PASSENGERS HE WILL DEPOSIT THEM INTO HANGER 4, IF HE DOES NOT HE WILL CONTINUE PURGING THE LZ OF ENEMY AIR DEFENSES. USING ITS EWAR SUITE TO JACK BACK INTO SOVIET COMMUNICATIONS, HE RUNS HIS TRANSLATION SUBROUTINE, HOOKEDONCYRILLIC AND LISTENS IN ON THE SOVIET COMMS. HE ALSO TRIES TO FIND MORE GUIDANCE SIGNALS FOR SOVIET HANGERS LANDING SYSTEMS SO HE CAN FIND ALTERNATE ROUTES OF ESCAPE FOR THE TEAM. FINALLY HE STARTS SEARCHING FOR THE MISSILE SILOS THEMSELVES.

SOME INGENIOUS poo poo: 4#3d6k1 6 5 6 5

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sgt. A.M.E.R.I.C.A.
Hanging onto the blood-slick ladder with his commie-throat-grabbing hand, Sgt. America holds on as AIRWOOF takes off. But grabbing commie throats and grabbing ladders are two very different things!

Grippy Grabby Shooty Stabby (Hazard 1): 3d6 10 (2, 6, 2)

Oh dear.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Its ok if you get on immediately there are no problems. And you got on immediately heh. Oh wait, you were still trying to shoot people whlie riding my duder. WHOOPS GL.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jul 24, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
LION JOHNSTON.
Plot Points: 1

gently caress, I forgot to bookmark this thread.

Jumpin' out of a perfectly good airplane Airwoof (Daring): 3#1d6 2 4 6

Lion jumps out with everyone else, his parachute unfurling in the wind, and he uses the opportunity to shoot some commies with his military-grade hardware. Lion unloads a clip or on the way down, and when he hits the floor he gets to work with his Karambit in CQC. "Knife to see you, ruskies!"

Afterwards he heads back for Airwoof, trying to get onboard before it leaves, fighting his way there.

Some Mighty CQC Actions: 3#1d6 3 1 4

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Diamond rushes forward, hoping to make it to AIRWOOF before it heads off.
Ladder Grab: 3d6 5,1,4

Diamond jumps up and clenches his teeth around one of ladder's rungs, knowing he is much more accurate using both hands to fire his hand gun. He takes aim at one of the many targets in the area, and fires.

• Locked thread