Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Since nobody else seems to want to get rid of the awful ghoul, I would like to change my vote from Fire Ra's al Ghoul and buy a new one to Buy 80k worth of Cheerleaders for your bad bad team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Save Money

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Save for a Wolf.

Wolves are fun, cheerleaders are not.:colbert:

John Wilkes Couth
Feb 23, 2010
Save for a wolf

Watching another wolf die on its first game will be a lot more entertaining than cheerleaders, which do literally nothing of interest.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Save money.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Give me a C
Give me an H
Given me an EERLEADERS

What does that spell? EERLEADERSCH

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Fiscal responsibility.

You people make awful decisions.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

John Wilkes Couth posted:

Save for a wolf

Watching another wolf die on its first game will be a lot more entertaining than cheerleaders, which do literally nothing of interest.

Seconding this.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Save for a wolf

GNU hates our wolves. Therefore, we must prepare against this.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Save for a wolf

Uh excuse me, Necromantic gets zombie cheerleaders and if you think there's nothing entertaining about that then you are ridiculous. In fact, I am changing my vote to Cheerleaders.

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

Uh excuse me, Necromantic gets zombie cheerleaders and if you think there's nothing entertaining about that then you are ridiculous. In fact, I am changing my vote to Cheerleaders.
I thought they were more like Frankenstein's Brides. Of course, that's still pretty great.

Werewolves are awesome, and getting another werewolf makes our team awesomer. Save.

Doopliss fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 22, 2014

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
cheerleaders, Cheerleaders, CHEERLEADERS

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Save your money.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Buy some cheerleaders already. Not enough to bakrupt us, but at least two. maybe three.

Not for any mechanical benefit, I wanna see some dead girls shaking skulls when it comes time to pan over the field.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Night10194 posted:

GNU hates our wolves. Therefore, we must prepare against this.

I love our wolf (1)

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
wolf, wolf, wolf...

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Normally I'd vote for the most useless thing possible but cheerleaders are against my intrests so I'm going to have to vote for save for wolf

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Save for the wolf. Wolves are THE reason to play as Necromantic and another wolf makes for fun plays.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Voting is Closed:siren:

Save Money - 23
Cheerleaders - 20
New Ghoul - 4

Christ, you cheerleader people are getting too close to winning. You had me worried for a minute.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

GNU Order posted:

I love our wolf (1)

You only love him for his +1 MA! You're not his real dad!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Veloxyll posted:

Edit: Gnu, you totally coulda gangfouled Yapo's Ulf. The worst!

If you're talking about turn 12, at least the ulf had the decency to get up and immediatly die afterwards.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

FoolyCharged posted:

If you're talking about turn 12, at least the ulf had the decency to get up and immediatly die afterwards.

Yeah. I can't even remember if I commented on it here or in IRC. But after he failed to gangfoul (his dudes were RIGHT THERE) the Ulf courteously killed itself.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Come on, just buy ONE cheerleader then to shut us up. The model is really funny and it would bring some spice to the sidelines.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Doopliss posted:

I thought they were more like Frankenstein's Brides. Of course, that's still pretty great.

Werewolves are awesome, and getting another werewolf makes our team awesomer. Save.

Necromantic cheerleaders are the best thing what is wrong with you people :colbert:

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Seriously, just buy 1 Cheerleader and you'll never have to deal with us funhavers again... Except with regards to assistant coaches...

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

PotatoManJack posted:

Seriously, just buy 1 Cheerleader and you'll never have to deal with us funhavers again... Except with regards to assistant coaches...

Coaches are way less fun. Since they have no on pitch representation.

OR DO THEY...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

GNU Order posted:

:siren:Voting is Closed:siren:

Save Money - 23
Cheerleaders - 20
New Ghoul - 4

Christ, you cheerleader people are getting too close to winning. You had me worried for a minute.
It's your own drat fault for not putting "save for a new wolf" in the options. People had to realize that on their own.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Buy one cheerleader, shut us up forever, win all games due to extra reroll

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Edit: double post

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
We're not going to stop until you buy a cheerleader so you might as well get it over with quickly.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
One single, solitary cheerleader is all we ask. Save Buy the cheerleader, save the world rest.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Well, I just saw a perfect example of the "end zone is the most dangerous place to GFI" problem in action. I was playing my Undead against a High Elf team that had Dodge on every single player, and managed to score on my turn 8 with his turn 8 still remaining. Me, being a dumbass, didn't realize the potential for a 1TTD and just stacked my dudes in the back line, leaving the sides open, with my Mummies and my blocking Zombie in the front, then of course botched the kick and got a touchback. Then, as he was setting everything up and was starting to push players around, I realized my mistake and watched in horror as everything went right, putting his ballcarrier into position to score, he dodges through like three zones (because of course he did, it's a loving elf with Dodge), made for the endzone, then tripped and fell right before the end zone on the first of two GFIs. Must have laughed all the way through halftime.

Of course, the joke was on me, as a secure 2-1 position with only a few turns to go and a numbers advantage turns into a draw because of a billion dodges and a massive Hail Mary pass that all went just right.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I hope you learnt your lessons.

Never GFI.
Never trust an Elf.
Protect your wide zones without making yourself Surf-bait!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Neruz posted:

Necromantic cheerleaders are the best thing what is wrong with you people :colbert:

Undead cheerleaders are way funnier.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Veloxyll posted:

I hope you learnt your lessons.

Never GFI.
Never trust an Elf.
Protect your wide zones without making yourself Surf-bait!

I'm trying, but it doesn't seem to stick. Every time I play an Elf team, I'm thinking to myself "maybe he won't dodge away from every single mark I put against his players this time" and then eight dodges later, I'm punching myself for being so dumb. At least I don't really care about winning as much as I do surviving to play another game, and playing teams like Undead against Elfs usually leaves me with most my players unhurt, and gives me a few chances to give them something to remember me by (managed to deal out a few long-term injuries in the last game, I think a -AG and a -AV).

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

fool_of_sound posted:

Undead cheerleaders are way funnier.

We can't have undead cheerleaders so there's no point moping about how the grass is greener.

TheMcD posted:

I'm trying, but it doesn't seem to stick. Every time I play an Elf team, I'm thinking to myself "maybe he won't dodge away from every single mark I put against his players this time" and then eight dodges later, I'm punching myself for being so dumb. At least I don't really care about winning as much as I do surviving to play another game, and playing teams like Undead against Elfs usually leaves me with most my players unhurt, and gives me a few chances to give them something to remember me by (managed to deal out a few long-term injuries in the last game, I think a -AG and a -AV).

Elves go where they want to go, you can't stop them from going where they want to go so you need to make sure you're in position to punch them in the face once they get there.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Death before cheerleader(s)

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

GNU Order posted:

We'll win the vote eventually.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

GNU Order posted:

That's how it's been working out so far :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

GNU Order posted:

Well, yeah, that goes with the team.

• Locked thread