Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

e: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Probably the vaguest question that could be posed but this has been bugging me. Sometime in the 90's there was a Wizard magazine that came out and they interviewed a writer of an independent company and he talked about how they will have a doomsday apocalyptic storyline that will end the entire written universe. I know this is pretty vague since I don't know the publisher but has anyone heard about this and did it happen and what was the company name.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Crossgen?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't Top Cow do something similar?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Brown female superheroes to cosplay as? I'm stuck at Storm and Gamora for options.

Edit: it has been brought to my attention that gamora is in fact green

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 23, 2014

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
DC: Vixen, Empress, Bumblebee, Astro City's Cleopatra, Voodoo, Dawnstar, Rainmaker, Azteka, Wildcat II, Dr. Mid-Nite II

Marvel: Firebird, Bling! (that's really how you spell it), Dani Moonstar, Silhouette, Cecilia Reyes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Monica Rambeau.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Sharzak posted:

Brown female superheroes to cosplay as? I'm stuck at Storm and Gamora for options.

355 from Y the Last Man
Misty Knight, of Heroes for Hire
Deena Pilgrim, as seen on TV
Photon, one of the other Ms Marvels
Maybe Kamala Khan, the newest Ms Marvel

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Eartha Kitt Catwoman

Racist undercover Lois Lane

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sharzak posted:

Ms. mothafuckin' Marvel

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Sharzak posted:

Off the top of my head: Monica Rambeau (Spectrum), Misty Knight, Shuri (Black Panther), White Tiger (Angela Del Toro and Ava Ayala), Ms. Marvel, and Dust from Marvel. Fire from DC is Brazilian and honestly the only non Asian POC heroine in DC's roster that I can think of. Comedy option of movie Catwoman.

Edit: I completely forgot about Vixen. Isn't there, pre nu52, a lost Amazon tribe hiding in Africa and whose leader has appeared a couple times?

MH Knights fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 23, 2014

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Asian is actually kind of what we're going for although she's an ethnic chameleon so that will be fine. Thanks for the suggestions. Googling doesn't really have much on the subject.
We might end up being Mazikeen and Lucifer--she's brown-ish, in some issues.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 23, 2014

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Sharzak posted:

Asian is actually kind of what we're going for although she's an ethnic chameleon so that will be fine. Thanks for the suggestions. Googling doesn't really have much on the subject.

Another good choice: Promethea.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Don't be reverse racist and cosplay whoever you want? Nothing wrong with a brown Wonder Woman.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Whizbang posted:

Don't be reverse racist and cosplay whoever you want? Nothing wrong with a brown Wonder Woman.

Yeah or I could not be a reverse sexist and be a male wonder woman! She wants to go as someone who at least vaguely matches how she looks. Shut up.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I guess Thor is out if the question, then?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Sharzak posted:

Yeah or I could not be a reverse sexist and be a male wonder woman!

Well, yeah.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whizbang posted:

Well, yeah.

WHen I was 14 I thought that uniform was the coolest loving thing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Whizbang posted:

Well, yeah.

Wonder Woman is just genderflipped Wonder Man, right?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sharzak posted:

There you go.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Wonder Woman is just genderflipped Wonder Man, right?

Marvel had Squadron Supreme, did DC ever have a thinly veiled Marvel team?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

zoux posted:

Jeph Loeb's Superman/Batman run had a team based on the Ultimates. That world also had a Spider-Man, Wolverine, Green Goblin and Ghost Rider.

On the Justice League cartoon, a random group of characters hung out for the sake of being the Defenders. Dr. Fate as Dr. Strange, Aquaman as Namor, Solomon Grundy as Hulk, Amazo as Silver Surfer and Hawkgirl as Nighthawk/Valkyrie.

The Extremists were also based on Marvel villains.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

The Extremists!

e: gd it!

e2: specifics modded from Wikipedia:
Lord Havok - Doctor Doom.
Dreamslayer - Dormammu.
Gorgon - Doctor Octopus.
Tracer - Sabretooth
Doctor Diehard - Magneto.
Carny - Arcade.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 23, 2014

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The Extremists were originally villians to the Champions of Angor, which had a Thor, Scarlet Witch, Ant Man, and Hawkeye. The Scarlet Witch(Silver Sorceress) and Ant Man(Blue Jay) came over to the main universe and were briefly on some incarnation of the Justice League.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

WickedHate posted:

The Extremists were originally villians to the Champions of Angor, which had a Thor, Scarlet Witch, Ant Man, and Hawkeye. The Scarlet Witch(Silver Sorceress) and Ant Man(Blue Jay) came over to the main universe and were briefly on some incarnation of the Justice League.

Wandjina was their Thor analogue (from Giffen and DeMatteis' Justice League #2-3), and they mentioned another Champion of Angor, Captain Speed (a Quicksilver analogue) who had passed away from radioactive fallout after the Extremists launched nukes on their world. Interestingly, Captain Speed was referred to as Johnny Quick in a different JLI story several years later.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There was a team called the Assemblers as well - they might have been the same characters as the Champions of Angor.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sharzak posted:

There was a Chinese predecessor to Iron Fist in the Fraction/Brubaker series who I'm pretty sure was heavily based on Ching Shih, but I can't remember her name (it might have just been that Ching Shih in the Marvel universe was an Iron Fist).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wu Ao-Shi.

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

What's the best method to fill the remaining long-box when there aren't enough comics (yet) to fill it up? I don't want them falling over anymore.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

friendo55 posted:

What's the best method to fill the remaining long-box when there aren't enough comics (yet) to fill it up? I don't want them falling over anymore.

90s foil cover #1s

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

friendo55 posted:

I crammed miscellaneous poo poo in the back.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Plushies of characters featured in the comics in the box.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Another, smaller box.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
A mother box.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

zoux posted:

Batman Beyond had a Fantastic Four pastiche in one of its episodes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lord Hydronium posted:

Batman Beyond had a Fantastic Four pastiche in one of its episodes.

I think everyone's had an FF pastiche at some point or other

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Opopanax posted:

I think everyone's had an FF pastiche at some point or other

I was literally just typing this.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Has the Fantastic Four ever had one?

Wait, isn't that the whole idea behind the recent Fraction/Allred series?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Cyborg Superman, of all people, got his start in a Fantastic Four pastiche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

Cyborg Superman, of all people, got his start in a Fantastic Four pastiche.

You should hear Dan Jurgens talk about that, he was just so certain that character had future potential.