Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Paulocaust posted:

Also that Miz/Ziggler match wasn't good. Miz was so sloppy and kept loving up. Really annoying fans give these garbage matches false validation. Hey look a guy kicked out of a finisher, better chant "this is awesome" regardless of quality.

Ziggler won a match. Ergo it was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Sorry I just saw everyone talking about the Toronto Mortal Kombat fed and thought I'd chime in, since I went to all the shows before they shut down.

Stryker was the best because I'm pretty sure the wrestler playing him knew nothing about the game. He literally just posed and yelled STRRRRYKER after every single move. It was awesome.

That was the same fed that gave us Michael "Tinky Winky" Elgin, right?

I actually think that was one of the first Elgin matches I ever saw, haha.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

That was the same fed that gave us Michael "Tinky Winky" Elgin, right?

I actually think that was one of the first Elgin matches I ever saw, haha.

Yep it sure was. That fed died too soon :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Yep it sure was. That fed died too soon :smith:

Goodnight, sweet prince.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Holy poo poo, this might be the slimmest I've seen The Big Show since WCW ...

https://twitter.com/PapaHypeBlog/status/491612949765574657/photo/1

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

JT Smiley posted:

It depends on where the angle goes really. I'm worried that this pairing will be viewed as heels for having legitimate grievances similar to what happened with Muhammad Hussan.
This comes up every so often, but Hassan was absolutely written as a heel from the very beginning. What happened was WWE quickly veered away from the "thought-provoking" angle they were going for in favor of the usual foreign heel tropes.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

armoredgorilla posted:

Holy poo poo, this might be the slimmest I've seen The Big Show since WCW ...

https://twitter.com/PapaHypeBlog/status/491612949765574657/photo/1

That constant see-saw of weight he's on cannot be remotely good for his health. I want to say good on him for losing the weight but he's got to be wrecking himself swinging over a hundred pounds up and down the scale.

E:

JT Smiley posted:

It depends on where the angle goes really. I'm worried that this pairing will be viewed as heels for having legitimate grievances similar to what happened with Muhammad Hussan.
I hope they handle this with all the dignity and subtlety that wrestling is well known for. :getin:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

maxallen posted:

That constant see-saw of weight he's on cannot be remotely good for his health. I want to say good on him for losing the weight but he's got to be wrecking himself swinging over a hundred pounds up and down the scale.

Yeah I was going to say, Big Show usually looks great when he stops wrestling and then as soon as he is back on a regular schedule it all goes to poo poo

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Maxallen your avatar reminds me that WWE must have access to some sort of hyperbolic time chamber.

So was Brock always pencilled in for a WWE title shot for Summerslam? Cause if he was I feel even worse for Bryan now. Sounds odd since Cena/Brock II sounds like the match WWE would want more than Brock/Bryan but Brock is so red hot now I hope he won't be ruined by the time Bryan is back.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I was going to say, Big Show usually looks great when he stops wrestling and then as soon as he is back on a regular schedule it all goes to poo poo

Last year he mentioned finally eating clean with his wife and something about how having a tour bus has alleviated a lot of the road eating issues.

You never know with him, but I think he's probably going to stay fairly low. Maybe not like he is currently but not as bad as he once was.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Paulocaust posted:

Also that Miz/Ziggler match wasn't good. Miz was so sloppy and kept loving up. Really annoying fans give these garbage matches false validation. Hey look a guy kicked out of a finisher, better chant "this is awesome" regardless of quality.

It wasn't anything close to a MOTYC, but if that kind of a reaction helps reinforce the idea that fans want to see longer, story-driven matches then it's worth it. Even if the story is as barethread as "you eliminated me from a battle royal and you are also a dick".

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

birdlaw posted:

It wasn't anything close to a MOTYC, but if that kind of a reaction helps reinforce the idea that fans want to see longer, story-driven matches then it's worth it. Even if the story is as barethread as "you eliminated me from a battle royal and you are also a dick".

Yeah but is also enforced the idea that stuff Miz does isn't consistently awful. Which it is.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

birdlaw posted:

Anything is better than the usual midcard booking of "here's two guys!"

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

So was Brock always pencilled in for a WWE title shot for Summerslam? Cause if he was I feel even worse for Bryan now. Sounds odd since Cena/Brock II sounds like the match WWE would want more than Brock/Bryan but Brock is so red hot now I hope he won't be ruined by the time Bryan is back.

It wad supposed to be Bryan/Brock originally.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Miz/Ziggler really told a pretty cool in-ring story. Miz kept compulsively blocking his drat face, and Ziggler finally caught him by hitting him while he was covering up.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Paulocaust posted:

Yeah but is also enforced the idea that stuff Miz does isn't consistently awful. Which it is.

Not really, he's been improved since returning, but everyone will hate him no matter what so that will probably go unrecognized. At least he's a heel.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My wife passed this article to me because we have a mutual love of enjoying the Rock living the gently caress out of life.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/23/the-rock-dwayne-johnson-workout-weightlifting-how-much-bench/

He's so great.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

Not really, he's been improved since returning, but everyone will hate him no matter what so that will probably go unrecognized. At least he's a heel.

My problem with Miz is he's incredibly boring. The only noteworthy thing about him, to me, is his entrance theme which is annoying as all gently caress.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Hercules looks ridiculous in a good way. And what else are you going to watch? Lucy?

I actually really wanna see Boyhood, Linklater rules.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Fibby Boy posted:

My problem with Miz is he's incredibly boring. The only noteworthy thing about him, to me, is his entrance theme which is annoying as all gently caress.

He's certainly boring as a babyface. His heel persona is much more entertaining, and personally I've enjoyed the Moneymaker gimmick so far.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

This just gets us one step closer to my dream of African Warlord Kofi w/child soldier entourage.

Stop Kofi 2012.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

Stop Kofi 2012.

Kofi's army of child hobos are going to join the Hart Foundation.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Spikeguy posted:

My wife passed this article to me because we have a mutual love of enjoying the Rock living the gently caress out of life.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/23/the-rock-dwayne-johnson-workout-weightlifting-how-much-bench/

He's so great.

I did like Cesaro's answer to that question too.

Cesaro on WWE.com posted:

CESARO: Four hundred five pounds, but who cares how much you bench?!

Benching is the dick measuring contest of fitness.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Purge 2: As-Purge-ers looks really sick too.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

poo poo.

Foley's tour is in Pittsburgh tomorrow and I forgot to buy tickets and it's sold out.

Son of a bitch.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sockser posted:

poo poo.

Foley's tour is in Pittsburgh tomorrow and I forgot to buy tickets and it's sold out.

Son of a bitch.

BAH GAWD, THIS POSTER'S DREAMS ARE BROKEN IN HALF!

That's it, his hope is dead.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sockser posted:

poo poo.

Son of a bitch.

It was pretty awesome last night. There was a man with down syndrome in front of the stage who has apparently been to many of the shows and Foley was incredibly awesome with him. He gave Mick a plaid Christmas stocking as a gift which got a good pop from the crowd.

I expected it to be a little bit longer than it was, but it was fun regardless and he did a meet & greet afterward where you could get a picture taken and get his autograph.

He said he was on his 12th straight day and it definitely showed. He was great on stage but you could tell how tired he was after the show. Apparently he drove this entire run of shows, which he said was a very poor decision.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Sockser posted:

poo poo.

Son of a bitch.

Stubhub!

Professor Funk posted:

He's certainly boring as a babyface. His heel persona is much more entertaining, and personally I've enjoyed the Moneymaker gimmick so far.

Every time he slips away from a punch or some kind of face-hitting move, I usually end up laughing my head off. It's pretty slick how they work in the 'NO NOT THE FACE' stuff in a normal match.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Not listed :smith:

I'll just have to catch him next time, I guess.

There wasn't a meet and greet, so I guess it's not a total disappointment.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Spikeguy posted:

He's so great.

The Rock is so loving cool :allears:.

facialimpediment posted:

Every time he slips away from a punch or some kind of face-hitting move, I usually end up laughing my head off. It's pretty slick how they work in the 'NO NOT THE FACE' stuff in a normal match.

This reminds me of Super Punch-Out and therefore makes me happy.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shine posted:

This reminds me of Super Punch-Out and therefore makes me happy.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I want to see Miz become a psycho after getting punched in the face. For once the 'guy loses for beating up his opponent too much' finish would not be poo poo. :allears:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Going back to battleground, I love how you can always tell when they're going for a count out finish because the ref actually counts at a reasonable speed instead of the 1 number every 5 minutes thing they usually do.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

facialimpediment posted:

Stubhub!

It's a shame that Tyler Breeze does the gimmick so much better in NXT and probably won't get to do so in the bigs

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I saw it on Friday. It was really good.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

It's a shame that Tyler Breeze does the gimmick so much better in NXT and probably won't get to do so in the bigs

Yeah I saw that in other threads, I wonder how gimmick infringement works between NXT newer people and the older people on the main cards.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

The return of a legend.

Please give me Miz Dad with shades on. On both Smackdown and while he is visibly shaking with rage.

bradzilla posted:

It was supposed to be Bryan/Brock originally.

Yeah, this just makes me feel bad for both Bryan and WWE fans in general. Bryan finally beating the authority, retaining the title through a few tough defenses (Kane at first then at least Orton, or maybe have Cesaro switch to being an Authority guy earlier and do that at a PPV), do the Shield Breakup and have Ambrose keep preventing Rollins from cashing in on Bryan, and then HHH has to go to the plan C nuclear option of bringing in Lesnar to destroy Bryan. I'm sure Lesnar/Cena will be at least good, and possibly great, but the visual and athletic disparity between Bryan and Lesnar seems like something special to me. I know Bryan said he wanted to fight Lesnar in a comic-con interview a fairly long time ago, I believe when he was still tag teaming with Kane, and he said he thought he could make that match really stand out. I hope Bryan heals up and we get that match at next year's Wrestlemania.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 23, 2014

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

NowonSA posted:

Please give me Miz Dad with shades on. On both Smackdown and while he is visibly shaking with rage.

Yeah, this just makes me feel bad for both Bryan and WWE fans in general. Bryan finally beating the authority, retaining the title through a few tough defenses (Kane at first then at least Orton, or maybe have Cesaro switch to being an Authority guy earlier and do that at a PPV), do the Shield Breakup and have Ambrose keep preventing Rollins from cashing in on Bryan, and then HHH has to go to the plan C nuclear option of bringing in Lesnar to destroy Bryan. I'm sure Lesnar/Cena will be at least good, and possibly great, but the visual and athletic disparity between Bryan and Lesnar seems like something special to me. I know Bryan said he wanted to fight Lesnar in a comic-con interview a fairly long time ago, I believe when he was still tag teaming with Kane, and he said he thought he could make that match really stand out. I hope Bryan heals up and we get that match at next year's Wrestlemania.

More likely to get it at the Rumble as Lesnar's last defense before he drops it mania.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

NowonSA posted:

I hope Bryan heals up and we get that match at next year's Wrestlemania.

Probably not going to happen, as no matter who Brock's opponent was, Brock was going to win and then is slated to lose to Roman at Wrestlemania to push him as the new guy (Source: Maybe Meltzer, don't remember, sorry). Things would have to go really sour for him for that to change.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Maybe a new YouTube show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Zebia posted:

Probably not going to happen, as no matter who Brock's opponent was, Brock was going to win and then is slated to lose to Roman at Wrestlemania to push him as the new guy (Source: Maybe Meltzer, don't remember, sorry). Things would have to go really sour for him for that to change.

So Bryan would be wrestling a non-title match at Wrestlemania? I don't see it, I think people still want to get their DB title reign. And it would be really weird for the former undisputed champ who didn't lose his belts in the ring to come back and not get a title shot.

• Locked thread