Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm having problems using my 360 controller on the PC version of Arkham Asylum. All the buttons work but I have no response from the analog sticks when trying to move or look around. I can click the analog sticks to center the camera or zoom in but they don't do anything else.

Haven't been able to find anything with google. Any ideas on whats going on here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Mustang posted:

I'm having problems using my 360 controller on the PC version of Arkham Asylum. All the buttons work but I have no response from the analog sticks when trying to move or look around. I can click the analog sticks to center the camera or zoom in but they don't do anything else.

Haven't been able to find anything with google. Any ideas on whats going on here?

what OS? Did you download the proper drivers?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Windows 7 and I'm guessing they're the right drivers, I've been using my 360 controller to play games on steam for years now, this is the first time I've ever had an issue with it before.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Don't know anything about this game in particular WRT control problems but every time this happens to me it's because I have another controller plugged in. Prob not your issue, but worth a mention.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Just figured it out, I unplugged the gamepad and plugged it back in and it worked :downs:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I just finished Arkham Origins and Cold, Cold Heart. CCH is actually a pretty nice piece of DLC with a neat boss battle at the end. Worth the $10 I think. My only real gripe with it is that you don't get glue grenades and you don't get to play as Bruce outside of the costume long enough. Certainly much better than Harley Quinn's Revenge, which was mostly "meh" with an absolutely garbage boss fight.

Now I'm basically done with this series until Arkham Knight comes out.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Sdcc has brought some Arkham knight figures. Nothing too exciting, just Bats, Harley, Arkham Knight, and Scarecrow. Looking at Scarecrow (who looks very good) he seems to be wearing a leg brace. Probably after Croc got him in Asylum. Cant link as on my phone, sorry.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I don't know how it's going to turn out, but after beating Asylum, City, and Origins multiple times, I decided to get Blackgate. I hope it's decent enough. I need more Batman dammit!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

chaosapiant posted:

I don't know how it's going to turn out, but after beating Asylum, City, and Origins multiple times, I decided to get Blackgate. I hope it's decent enough. I need more Batman dammit!

Prepare for inconsistent fighting, empty hallways, unclear maps, and, most of all, disappointment. So much disappointment.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Discendo Vox posted:

Prepare for inconsistent fighting, empty hallways, unclear maps, and, most of all, disappointment. So much disappointment.

Yep. It's boring and ungainly.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HOLY poo poo

I NEED A PS4.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Yet more confirmation that Arkham Knight will probably be Todd.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They need to make that DLC unplayable until you complete the campaign, then have it shown there's actually zero relation between the characters after all.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
Yup I'm buying a ps4 for this game. And that decision was made before whatever that lovely ad is.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Either that's Season Pass DLC that'll go for $10 a la carte later, in which case holy poo poo that's a lot of 'free' content, or they're 30-minute bolt-ons like the Aveline missions in AssCreed IV.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Now, the fact that the Red Hood DLC says Gamestop exclusive doesn't mean it won't be available elsewhere right? They mean it is an exclusive preorder bonus to Gamestop, not that it is exclusive DLC?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It would sure be bullshit if they treated the red hood like the Knightfall pack and Joker challenge pack.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

chaosapiant posted:

I've been playing this for the past week or so and I am sorry to say that it's basically the goddamn worrrrrrrst. Just the worst in the world. I warn all others looking for a new Batman fix, stay the hell away.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Discendo Vox posted:

Yet more confirmation that Arkham Knight will probably be Todd.

That doesn't make any sense at all. If anything, it probably means that Jason will be a side character who shows up extremely briefly like Tim did in AC and then gets his own DLC pack. There's no logical reason for Jason to be the Arkham Knight given that he's supposedly working for Scarecrow (AK, not Jason, to clarify). Jason is a dick but as far as I know he's never really been about killing off the Batclan.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Discendo Vox posted:

Yeah.

There are moments where it shows some promise, but they're kinda drowned out by the mediocrity.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CuwiKhons posted:

That doesn't make any sense at all. If anything, it probably means that Jason will be a side character who shows up extremely briefly like Tim did in AC and then gets his own DLC pack. There's no logical reason for Jason to be the Arkham Knight given that he's supposedly working for Scarecrow (AK, not Jason, to clarify). Jason is a dick but as far as I know he's never really been about killing off the Batclan.

It depends on the take though, Jason was out for blood on Battle for the Cowl. The ad says play as the Ruthless Vigilante though, so I'm expecting him to be fighting against the Arkham Knight on his own (assuming he isn't the AK of course)

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

ToastyPotato posted:

Now, the fact that the Red Hood DLC says Gamestop exclusive doesn't mean it won't be available elsewhere right? They mean it is an exclusive preorder bonus to Gamestop, not that it is exclusive DLC?

It means you will only be able to get that specific DLC by pre-ordering at GameStop.*

*Until about a month after launch when the pre-order bullshit all gets thrown onto Steam, Xbox Live and PSN at once.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I beat Arkham Origins again because whatever, I was jonesin', and it didn't actually occur to me last time just how loving stupid it was that Gordon was mad about Bats apparently killing Bane. Gordon had just shot two criminals holding onto Warden Joseph literally only minutes before, but Batman killing a massive dude who was trying to kill him was totally unacceptable? Especially when the alternative was that Gordon and Joker both fried? I was fine with Gordon being mad about a vigilante running around, that's completely reasonable, but after the bridge Gordon yoyos really rapidly between happy to work with Bats and really mad at him.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Am I missing out on any dlc stuff by buying Arkham Knight for PC? Feels like a weird question to ask, but these days you never know.

Finally have a PC that can actually play games at pretty sweet settings and I'd much rather use a 360 pad to this setup then go back to a console again.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Zsinjeh posted:

Am I missing out on any dlc stuff by buying Arkham Knight for PC? Feels like a weird question to ask, but these days you never know.
Too soon to say, I'm sure. Wouldn't be surprised as the Knightfall PS3 costume never made it to PC.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 23, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

CuwiKhons posted:

I beat Arkham Origins again because whatever, I was jonesin', and it didn't actually occur to me last time just how loving stupid it was that Gordon was mad about Bats apparently killing Bane.

I guess his view of it is that the assassins wouldn't even be in town were it not for Batman's activities, so it's not really justifiable homicide.

That being said, I agree fully that Gordon being upset about that is stupid.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
In the comics, the whole dynamic between Batman and Gordon is a bit shaky. From Batman's perspective, Gordon is practically his only real friend (family members don't count). From Gordon's perspective, Batman is a necessary evil that he doesn't necessarily agree with. Also, Gordon realizes that he probably couldn't stop Batman even if he wanted to. Their entire relationship hinges on one thing, that Batman never kill anyone. If Batman ever did kill, Gordon would lead the crusade to hunt Batman down.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CuwiKhons posted:

I beat Arkham Origins again because whatever, I was jonesin', and it didn't actually occur to me last time just how loving stupid it was that Gordon was mad about Bats apparently killing Bane. Gordon had just shot two criminals holding onto Warden Joseph literally only minutes before, but Batman killing a massive dude who was trying to kill him was totally unacceptable? Especially when the alternative was that Gordon and Joker both fried?

Gordon is a police officer, he has been granted the right by society/the law to make the call on when to kill. Batman is a vigilante who has taken it upon himself to "fix" society, and Gordon is already willing to take him down for "just" beating the poo poo out of criminals, there was no way he would endorse Batman actually taking it upon himself to KILL a criminal.

Is it hypocritical of him? Sure it is, but that's pretty human.

CuwiKhons posted:

I was fine with Gordon being mad about a vigilante running around, that's completely reasonable, but after the bridge Gordon yoyos really rapidly between happy to work with Bats and really mad at him.

I didn't mind that either because Gordon is having to juggle his appreciation and respect for Batman's determination to do what he considers the right thing, and that ingrained instinct to want to punch him for being so presumptuous.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I believe Barbara also mentions that Batman's criminal record includes a number of murders and deaths attributed to him. Seeing Bruce up close make a huge deal over not wanting to kill the giant mutant psycho dude probably came as a shock(:haw:).

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

poptart_fairy posted:

I believe Barbara also mentions that Batman's criminal record includes a number of murders and deaths attributed to him. Seeing Bruce up close make a huge deal over not wanting to kill the giant mutant psycho dude probably came as a shock(:haw:).

Wait actually?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't recall that ever coming up.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I don't recall that ever coming up.

When you first enter the police station server room and meet Barbara she tells you about the crimes attributed to you.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, she elaborates further if you do her side mission and starts deleting that kind of stuff from Batman's record, no longer believing it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

why oh why have they gone in this suicidegirls direction with harley quinn, she looks worse with every game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, she elaborates further if you do her side mission and starts deleting that kind of stuff from Batman's record, no longer believing it.

Weird, I played through the game multiple times and did all the side-missions and I don't actually recall her ever saying it, but I guess I just didn't notice :shrug:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

poptart_fairy posted:

"They said you were dropping people off buildings, or driving your knee directly into their skulls after throwing them on concrete, but that couldn't be true!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

MinibarMatchman posted:

why oh why have they gone in this suicidegirls direction with harley quinn, she looks worse with every game.

My guess is that so it's easier for a wider range of girls to cosplay. In the scheme of things I honestly don't think that's a bad thing, and for the record that's not because I find her trashy look particularly appealing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The thing with Harley Quinn is that it's the result of everyone involved missing the entire point of her Arkham Asylum costume.

She built a rough approximation of her regular outfit out of things she found in the environment because she didn't have it onhand. It fit the patchwork "we're kind of making this up on the fly" feel. Then DC decided she should always look like that because Arkham was popular and so it goes.

DC has like no idea at all what to do with Harley Quinn, which is why she currently veers between The Joker But With Boobs and Deadpool But More Boring.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

My guess is that so it's easier for a wider range of girls to cosplay. In the scheme of things I honestly don't think that's a bad thing, and for the record that's not because I find her trashy look particularly appealing.

I don't think anybody designs character outfits specifically with cosplay in mind. If somebody really wants to cosplay as a character, no amount of complicated costuming is going to stop them.

I can't stand what they've been doing to Harley though, in the games or in the comics these days. I don't know how loudly I have to scream "HARLEY ISN'T SUPPOSED TO ACTUALLY BE STUPID, SHE JUST FAKES IT" before somebody gets the point. If I have to hear Batman call Harley dumb in game one more loving time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Wasn't Quinn a product of Bruce "Pin-up girls are all I know" Timm? Her character was never all that deep- which is not to say that I approve of how she was handled in AC or AO.

• Locked thread