Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Elliotw2 posted:

Mostly they fight, drink, eat, and fight more. Imagine Valhalla except all anime girls.

I thought there were a few boy Touhous? Or are those fan characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Except for Unzan (Who doesn't talk), Konpaku Youki (Who has never appeared), Genji (A turtle we haven't seen since the PC-98 era) and Rinnosuke (Bookworm know-nothing), Touhou is rather deficient in men.

There's Miko, kinda, but she got genderflipped.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

DrPaper posted:

I thought there were a few boy Touhous? Or are those fan characters?

A few. Actually there seems to be large number of nameless male villagers, but they're not important.

In terms of recreation, it's mostly just drinking parties. There's actually a chapter in the manga about a character complaining that all anyone does is drink.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Surely there's gotta be some rehab or recovery organizations for Touhous who've realized that they have a serious problem!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Surely there's gotta be some rehab or recovery organizations for Touhous who've realized that they have a serious problem!

No, seriously, that's one of the chapters of WaHH that I haven't released yet. Sanae confronts Reimu about her drinking problem and they have a big non-comedic argument about it. The moral of the story is that revenge is a dish best served cold.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

It's been a long time, so I've forgotton what the guys who are naked with a sack that says 罪 on their head are supposed to represent.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The Sin Sacks? They're the fans.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

DrPaper posted:

Is there any organized (doesn't need to be like super official, can be like a club) sports in Gensokyo?

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

AdorableStar posted:

It's been a long time, so I've forgotton what the guys who are naked with a sack that says 罪 on their head are supposed to represent.

Stop being such a try-hard.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

The problem with sports in Gensokyo is that you need to have a sport where it doesn't make a large difference if everybody cheats at it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A Meat posted:

The problem with sports in Gensokyo is that you need to have a sport where it doesn't make a large difference if everybody cheats at it.

Cheating doesn't matter all that match when everybody does it. Danmaku is proof of that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Cheating doesn't matter all that match when everybody does it. Danmaku is proof of that.

Impossible Spellcard implies that they aren't cheating the rest of the time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

Impossible Spellcard implies that they aren't cheating the rest of the time.

Look, there are varying levels of cheating. Seija just got maximum cheating because she stole some stuff or something.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Does anyone have PC-98 albums or stuff like that? Specifically for LLS and MS tracks? I feel like I'm going crazy trying to find anything and failing.

Volt Catfish posted:

So what's the deal with Koishi's Heart Throbbing Adventure? I watched it all for the first time this morning, and thought it was pretty solid until like, part 9. The art style changed at that point, and everything started to become really slow and mediocre. The story started to go into complete nonsense, the episodes started being shortened to 1-4 minutes when before they were pretty consistent at hitting 10-12 minutes, the action seemed to die down...

Did the author just get sick of it? I was wondering at the start why the last two episodes weren't translated and why a lot of the later parts took forever to get translated, and I fully understand why now.

It's a shame, I thought he had a pretty amazing thing going there at first.

This was a bunch of pages back but if you're still interested the author appears to be forcing himself to finish it off, because he just posted 3 parts out of 9 labelled "Finale" in the last 10 days, all 10 minutes long. I haven't watched any so they could be even worse but hey, at least it's almost over. Then again forced conclusions aren't usually the greatest thing... Seems like he's going into overdrive though.

HGH fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 22, 2014

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

HGH posted:

Does anyone have PC-98 albums or stuff like that? Specifically for LLS and MS tracks? I feel like I'm going crazy trying to find anything and failing.
I know there's Ancient Treasures, by Oriens, but I haven't heard of anything apart from that either.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

a cartoon duck posted:

Please tell me more. :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

You forgot the soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIp4eOkH_hE

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

a cartoon duck posted:

Everything he knows about touhou is skewed from the fact that he learned it while browsing dickgirl images.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Clarste posted:

A few. Actually there seems to be large number of nameless male villagers, but they're not important.

In terms of recreation, it's mostly just drinking parties. There's actually a chapter in the manga about a character complaining that all anyone does is drink.

I still love that the canon explanation for why Byakuren doesn't have any friends is because she abstains from drinking.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

gnome7 posted:

I still love that the canon explanation for why Byakuren doesn't have any friends is because she abstains from drinking.

I thought it was because she was an evangelizing ditz?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

WarpedNaba posted:

I thought it was because she was an evangelizing ditz?

Well, it's because everyone thinks she's stuffy and uptight. Since she doesn't go to parties, she never meets anybody.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

A Meat posted:

So Nascar? :v:

Richard Petty (I think) posted:

"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying!"

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Turn Left Mima!! Noo

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Turn Left Mima!! Noo

Speaking of Mima, where the hell came the rumors about ZUN having legal issues to use the PC-98 characters? Because that's utter bullshit right? :ohdear:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Speaking of Mima, where the hell came the rumors about ZUN having legal issues to use the PC-98 characters? Because that's utter bullshit right? :ohdear:

They come from people desperately trying to find a reason other than "ZUN doesn't really care about her very much".

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

When will ZUN make a true sequel to Highly Responsive to Prayers

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Forbidden Scrollery chapters 16 and 17 uploaded to the wiki! Also this online reader, after it gets approved anyway.

In which Akyuu is concerned about the effects of magical book addiction on Kosuzu, and also men are confirmed to exist in Gensokyo, in some sort of abstract sense.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Byakuren doesn't need to make friends, she always has her Buddhist fan-club at beck and call. Also I love that Harukawa's going with the shorts interpretation of Murasa's outfit, it always kinda bothered a little me that TasoFro went with the skirt interpretation for Hopeless Masquerade.

I kinda wonder if ZUN is going somewhere with those remarks at the end of the two-parter. A previous story-arc had Marisa straight-up exterminate a new-born youkai, and now she remarks on Reimu going soft for not exterminating the ghost in this arc. I dunno if that was just a throw-away joke or if he's setting up future conflicts there.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I like touhou games and touhou mangs but hate touhou culture and touhou fans

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Captain Invictus posted:

I finally got off my butt and reuploaded the Touhou music torrent, it includes collections 1-23 as well as the Booby Prize folder. Sorry for the delay, folks.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=575194

I got a trojan warning from MSE from ripple tale.mp3 or something like that in collection 1, deleted all torrent data for now :geno:

Is this an actual thing or is it just MSE being dumb in some explainable way

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jul 24, 2014

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Most likely it's MSE being dumb, but if you don't use WMP 7 you should be safe from MP3 viruses anyway.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

I like touhou games and touhou mangs but hate touhou culture and touhou fans

I like the music a lot and the games a little bit, but I'm really apathetic concerning everything else.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tonfa posted:

I got a trojan warning from MSE from ripple tale.mp3 or something like that in collection 1, deleted all torrent data for now :geno:

Is this an actual thing or is it just MSE being dumb in some explainable way

It doesn't do it for me and you're the first I've heard mention it, so I'd say it's just MSE having a brain fart

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Libluini posted:

I like the music a lot and the games a little bit, but I'm really apathetic concerning everything else.

Touhou is my favorite musician.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."
In Japan at the moment and I am honestly surprised how little Touhou merch I have been able to find. Spent a few afternoons around Akihabara (admittedly dumping dollar on airsoft stuff) and despite checking out the figure and hobby stores in the area i cannot for the life of me find any touhou figures.

I have an easier time finding Frozen figures than I am Touhou, can any of you guys help? I am after one of the small, short 2-head high chibi figure things - maybe a Cirno or Satori, whatever brand they are called. I have approx one afternoon left to check out Akihabara after I get back from Kyoto in five days.

Or am I checking out the wrong town entirely? The thought has crossed my mind. :v: I'd like to come away with at least something, you know?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Aliginge posted:

I am after one of the small, short 2-head high chibi figure things - maybe a Cirno or Satori, whatever brand they are called. I have approx one afternoon left to check out Akihabara after I get back from Kyoto in five days.

I don't have any suggestions to help search, but you're looking for nendoroids.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hate floppy eared kyouko but love pointy eared momiji

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Make sure you look in shops that sell used stuff because most of the Touhou figures were printed between 2006 and 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dranxis
Jul 12, 2013

Delicious tears of disappointment
As a Touhou figure collector, I'm a little sad that the companies that used to make Touhou figures have moved on to Kantai Collection now. :( Maybe that's the best thing for my wallet, but still.