Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Max22 posted:

I don't think Pamela and Louie are going to be together for all of season 5 -- or even most of season 5 -- but then again, I never thought season 4 would have three feature-length multi-episode arcs, so what do I know.

Is Season 5 confirmed yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Randandal posted:

No word either way that I know of. Lacking any better indications, I'm going to assume renewal. It's super cheap for FX to run this show and it generates a lot of press.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Regardless, lol at speculating whether louie & pamela will be together next season

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Randandal posted:

Now that his character is together with Pamela, Season 5 will just be the episodes of "Lucky Louie" bookended by the "Louie" opening and closing credits. It's metacritic rating will go from 48 to 98.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Regardless, lol at speculating whether louie & pamela will be together next season

Pamela will probably never have existed as of season 5

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Renewed. Seven episodes, spring 2015.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Weird that it's only seven. Maybe this will mean less multi part ones? Or maybe more.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They are all 3 hours long.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I was gonna say I bet they're probably all 40 minutes at least

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"I'm exhausted! I'll just write, direct and edit seven episodes of a TV show and a movie this year. Need time to relax."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bown posted:

"I'm exhausted! I'll just write, direct and edit seven episodes of a TV show and a movie this year. Need time to relax."

Knowing him, he'll put out a fresh hour of stand-up too

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Awesome, finally a sequel to Pootie Tang!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

Awesome, finally a sequel to Pootie Tang!

My mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Is he actually producing it through Pig Newton? I can't imagine how great it would feel to make a movie without studio money 15 years after getting booted off Pootie Tang. Super excited for this.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This Opie & Anthony interview from when he was still married just popped up in my Youtube feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbmVIKu7FlM

:stare:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

This Opie & Anthony interview from when he was still married just popped up in my Youtube feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbmVIKu7FlM

:stare:

Yeahhhhh.....yeah

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Patrice O'Neal and Louis CK were always great together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwMxD6hh38&t=1130s

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I would have loved to see Patrice on Louie

:smith:

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

SaltLick posted:

I would have loved to see Patrice on Louie

:smith:

He was in at least one episode on season 1. But yeah it would have been cool to see more of him.

widunder
May 2, 2002

Gianthogweed posted:

He was in at least one episode on season 1. But yeah it would have been cool to see more of him.
No, he wasn't. It really stings more than missing out on Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

widunder posted:

No, he wasn't. It really stings more than missing out on Philip Seymour Hoffman.

He was in at least one of the poker scenes. I think it was the second episode.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
That's Hannibal Buress.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I personally really enjoyed this season, especially on a rewatch. But I won't go into that for obvious reasons.

Season 3's Miami episode is still with me, I had something similar once (except I didn't "stay longer") and seeing that episode really put me in Louie's shoes and made me glad I kept the good times and didn't stretch it. :unsmith:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Man, after Robin Williams dying that one episode of Louie is even more surreal.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

Man, after Robin Williams dying that one episode of Louie is even more surreal.

Which? The one where his (alcoholic?) friend is contemplating (or had pretty much decided already) suicide, right?

Edit: nvm apparently there is an episode i havent seen with robin williams. 2012 - "barney/never"

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

thathonkey posted:

Which? The one where his (alcoholic?) friend is contemplating (or had pretty much decided already) suicide, right?

Edit: nvm apparently there is an episode i havent seen with robin williams. 2012 - "barney/never"

They agree to go to each others funerals. FX should be playing it on repeat right now.

• Locked thread