Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Eh, it doesn't seem like too dickish a response to me. Just kind of upfront. I did like him calling out the "Six seasons and a movie" meme. Mainly because I hate how ever-present it is now.
Every time I hear it I laugh because its the only thing relevant to The Cape still in existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lord Of Texas posted:

Pierce was crude, petty, unapologetic, and just tried way too hard to be relevant. He got an extremely Pierce-like send-off. A " heartfelt" ending for Pierce would have been awful.

A heartfelt episode about Pierce leaving would have been a season four thing. I'm picturing an episode featuring a "Pierce-and-lock-athon Dance" where Pierce is a prom king and hands out his final bequeathments and hugs Gilbert at the end of the episode.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Victor Vermis posted:

Abed's tracking device on Pierce's body must come up again- I'd put my money on a Halloween episode.

Don't forget - Pierce knew about them. He could have always stuck his in the casket with his fake body.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
I'm listening through the Harmontown podcasts, and it's quite telling that right around the point where Dan Harmon announces his return to season 5, he simultaneously mocks NBC's ridiculous programming- particularly Animal Practice.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Don't you mean... Intensive Karen?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I wonder what the fan reaction would have been if NBC had announced that they were cancelling Community... but greenlighting all of the joke shows featured in the finale.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

thexerox123 posted:

I wonder what the fan reaction would have been if NBC had announced that they were cancelling Community... but greenlighting all of the joke shows featured in the finale.

Thought Jacker owns.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Fat Neil will be too busy for Community:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/charley-koontz-cast-csi-cyber-regular-role/

I don't know if anyone saw the backdoor pilot for CSI Cyber, but it was pretty loving bad.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

thexerox123 posted:

Joke shows? I thought the episode ran short so they filled the extra time with promos, ...

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Fil5000 posted:

Fat Neil will be too busy for Community:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/charley-koontz-cast-csi-cyber-regular-role/

I don't know if anyone saw the backdoor pilot for CSI Cyber, but it was pretty loving bad.

Oh cool, 22 or so minutes of 'Just a sec, gonna do an IP trace on that hacker with a GUI i made from visual basic... enhance, enhance, enhance!'

I might actually watch this for the unintentional comedy factor.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mister Fister posted:

Oh cool, 22 or so minutes of 'Just a sec, gonna do an IP trace on that hacker with a GUI i made from visual basic... enhance, enhance, enhance!'

I'm sure it's gonna have loving hologram magic computers with no relation to real technology. I wouldn't be surprised if they have virtual reality chairs where they have to track people physically through the internet cyberscape.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

MikeJF posted:

I'm sure it's gonna have loving hologram magic computers with no relation to real technology. I wouldn't be surprised if they have virtual reality chairs where they have to track people physically through the internet cyberscape.

This poo poo makes Bones so hard to watch, especially some of the poo poo involving the "genius hacker" villain.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Mister Fister posted:

Hey, come on now! 45 minutes.

Also the back door pilot had the antagonist construct a lifelike full bodied 3d model of a woman to use as an avatar on a dating site and then blackmailed people with it. Not like "I sent a dude a picture of a hot woman i found online and claimed I was her" but "I found two images of this woman online and made a full render of her, including her voice, then I rendered her in real time interactive chat sessions with someone over the web simulating a webcam chat, including automated voice responses that are incredibly close to passing the Turing test". It's worse than the infamous ncis two people typing on the same keyboard scene.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

big mean giraffe posted:

This poo poo makes Bones so hard to watch, especially some of the poo poo involving the "genius hacker" villain.

I couldn't get through more than the first few episodes of Agents of Shield because of that stuff. You want to watch a show about superheroes ey? Well instead, here's 3 characters who each have 5 Ph.Ds and can :techno: any problem away.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Fil5000 posted:

Hey, come on now! 45 minutes.

Also the back door pilot had the antagonist construct a lifelike full bodied 3d model of a woman to use as an avatar on a dating site and then blackmailed people with it. Not like "I sent a dude a picture of a hot woman i found online and claimed I was her" but "I found two images of this woman online and made a full render of her, including her voice, then I rendered her in real time interactive chat sessions with someone over the web simulating a webcam chat, including automated voice responses that are incredibly close to passing the Turing test". It's worse than the infamous ncis two people typing on the same keyboard scene.

The CSI:NY Second Life episode prepared me for this.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

PostNouveau posted:

I couldn't get through more than the first few episodes of Agents of Shield because of that stuff. You want to watch a show about superheroes ey? Well instead, here's 3 characters who each have 5 Ph.Ds and can :techno: any problem away.

I didn't realize until the end of the season how awkward it must have been filming those kind of scenes with their super-computers, just swiping at empty air over a table until post puts in all the effects.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Because of the "Six seasons and a movie" thing, Entertainment Weekly made fake movie posters for some classic episodes:
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20399642_20837405,00.html#30190105

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

smashpro1 posted:

Because of the "Six seasons and a movie" thing, Entertainment Weekly made fake movie posters for some classic episodes:
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20399642_20837405,00.html#30190105

For people who don't feel like clicking through nine ad-filled pages:

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Those are great.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I love how the Modern Warfare one even has the orange and blue thing going on that all modern posters have.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The App Development poster is perfect.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

God drat. I... I just want movie poster-sized prints of all of them. I could use that poo poo as wall paper.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I keep thinking I've found my favourite, then I look at the others again, and... I'm never escaping this loop, am I?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I like Pillows & Blankets because it's the closest to the source material its parodying, but I like Cooperative Calligraphy because Abed doesn't change facial expressions (:thejoke:)

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I need one or all of these made for my wall. WHICH ONE?!

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

App Development and Condiments, because come on!

* although conspiracy theories is a close second.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
They're not even going to try and get Pierce back, are they? :smith:

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Thank you, good person. Is there an opposite of Britta'ing it?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

VagueRant posted:

Thank you, good person. Is there an opposite of Britta'ing it?

Aiding and Abed-ing? :downsrim:

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ashpanash posted:

App Development and Condiments, because come on!

It's even got a loving "and Mitchell Hurwitz as Koogler" credit.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

KOOOOGLER!!! :argh:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Koogler! :monocle:

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I'm much more concerned about them getting Donald Glover to make the most minimal effort to appear.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chevy Chase is banned from the set. That wasn't NBC's decision, it was Sony's.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
A bit of news trickled out from Comic-Con. I'm not sure how much of it has been reported before:

- Jonathan Banks probably won't be back
- John Oliver can come back, but it will be tough to pull off
- Yahoo will release the episodes one-a-week rather than a Netflix-style dump

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

What the hell!?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

Chevy Chase is banned from the set. That wasn't NBC's decision, it was Sony's.

I've seen this mentioned offhand in this thread a couple of times recently... what exactly is the source on this? I hadn't heard about that at all until recently.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

- John Oliver can come back, but it will be tough to pull off

Huh, an article on The Guardian said the complete opposite of this:

quote:

Chris McKenna: Pierce is not coming back, and it's contractually not possible for John Oliver to come back.

and the AV Club one says:

quote:

It’s “contractually possible” for John Oliver’s Professor Duncan to come back, but it will depend on his HBO show’s schedule.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

thexerox123 posted:

Huh, an article on The Guardian said the complete opposite of this:

and the AV Club one says:

I'd assume the newest information is the best. Especially since Chris McKenna was the "Community is dead" guy.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

PostNouveau posted:

Darker timeline. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

thexerox123 posted:

I've seen this mentioned offhand in this thread a couple of times recently... what exactly is the source on this? I hadn't heard about that at all until recently.

From an interview that was posted earlier in this thread:

Dan Harmon posted:

I wasn't there when Chevy departed, but I know he had a specific agreement with Sony in which the terms of his departure were contractual and there was an agreement on both sides. I don't really know more details than that except to say that simply bringing him back would be a contractual issue. So I was able to say to the studio, "What if we weren't bringing him back? What if we were shooting him on a separate stage with no other actors around. Would that be allowable?" And they said, "Yes." So it became this idea.

• Locked thread