Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

GoodBee posted:

I hadn't actually considered Baal for DQXQ, I figured I would need Hera-Sol for dark eventually so he's still the level he popped out of the REM. I'm guessing I would use him if I can get enough levels in him to approach the stats Kirin has now. I've got 2 Tamadra and 7 babies so I could probably get both his rows. If Hera-Sol is always straight up better than Baal, I'll probably hold out.

I have Take. Should I work on that after Athena for a better team? Or is skilled Echidna most useful? Or both? I'm guessing I would dump Freyja for Athena.

Baal vs. Hera-Sol: For a DQXQ team, Hera-Sol is going to give you more mileage in the long run than Baal, but at least Baal fills the Dark slot as a sub element now while you don't have Hera-Sol... If we ever get Baal's skillup dungeon he could add a little bit to burst on boards that can still activate after his skill, but out of the box it's just too long of a CD.

Take vs. Echidna: Echidna's delay (especially once skilled) is invaluable in a ton of places. Having said that, her stats are lovely (especially her HP, which can make hitting HP thresholds for pre-emptives difficult. Also, some (especially the most recent) descends have status immunity shields on the last boss. For those situations (and if the miniboss(es) don't need a delay) then Take is going to be better than Echidna, BUT you're then stacking light enhance actives w/ Hera-Sol (and Athena if you go with her... you might still want to do this for two rounds of bigger burst from the two DQXQ skills but Hera-Sol's light enhance adds damage reduction that Athena and Take don't).

FrickenMoron posted:

Can we peer pressure gungho somehow into releasing at least ONE of the rider skillup collabs? :smith:

All of them, all in one dungeon, with poo poo dropping pre-evolved, please! Also, throw in ArchDemon skillups (obviously pre-evolved as well) while they're at it.

shiatza posted:

Do tamas/baby tama come out from pal outside of events?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

shiatza posted:

Do tamas/baby tama come out from pal outside of events?

Yea, I think so. But you shouldn't be rolling the pal machine outside of events anyways unless you're maxed out on rolls.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
Why am I so dumb? I fed away 3 Sandalphons and got annoyed at 0 skill ups. Then I realized that yesterday was 2x skills and tomorrow will be 2x but for for the next 24 hours it is not.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
So I'm trying to get a handle on this game. I'm not sure what I should be focusing on right now, leveling my rank, Evo'ing monsters... I'm up to the dungeon after Tower of the Giants but I just get my face pushed in.

ID is 343,612,344 for Padherder. Can someone tell me what I should be focusing on? Maybe this is normal and the answer is "keep grinding" but I'd like to know for sure.

Also, what is a good size for the box? I've got so many loving masks and whatever taking up space because I can't use them yet to Evo critters. :( I've got 40 now, but I'm full up again.

Finagle fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 24, 2014

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
What's a good Sandalphon team? I wouldn't mind him on my DQXQ team, but I'm not sure how to approach it.

http://padherder.com/user/raej/

DrGonzo90
Sep 13, 2010

Finagle posted:

So I'm trying to get a handle on this game. I'm not sure what I should be focusing on right now, leveling my rank, Evo'ing monsters... I'm up to the dungeon after Tower of the Giants but I just get my face pushed in.

ID is 343,612,344 for Padherder. Can someone tell me what I should be focusing on? Maybe this is normal and the answer is "keep grinding" but I'd like to know for sure.

Also, what is a good size for the box? I've got so many loving masks and whatever taking up space because I can't use them yet to Evo critters. :( I've got 40 now, but I'm full up again.

Turn on "public monsters" in your padherder settings so we can see your stuff.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer

DrGonzo90 posted:

Turn on "public monsters" in your padherder settings so we can see your stuff.

I thought it was already on... I went and checked and it was marked on anyways. I resaved my settings though, so let me know if its still not working.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Think I might finally go and try to grab Athena, though my Red Ronia team might have issues on Siegfried if I don't get a good enough setup before being stuck matching red or dark orbs.
https://www.padherder.com/user/Evilfluffy/teams/#25408

I could probably make a devil team with her using something like Baddie/DW Bats/Vampire/DJ but the only issue would be getting screwed by cascades before skills are up, or before a board's ready, on Sieg.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Box space chat: only keep evo mate for your main team at most. Don't hoard poo poo you don't need or won't be able to use in a long time. Also once you get your initial rolls into the machine and (hopefully) have some gods to play, start dumping all your stones into box space. It makes life so much easier. I usually do it in increments of 100 (20 stones) and only upgrade when I begin to consistently run out of space.

You get 5 stones at 30 and 60 days played then 10 stones at 100. From there it's 5 every 50 and 10 every 100 days. Plus events every other week dump 6-8 stones so really just don't roll for a month and you'll have enough stones for a bunch of box space that last you a good couple of months.

I'm about to hit 500 days played and I'm at 400 max space with about 320 spots being used and that's including evo mate for a dozen or so mons I'm working on. Some people manage more with less.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Box space chat: only keep evo mate for your main team at most. Don't hoard poo poo you don't need or won't be able to use in a long time. Also once you get your initial rolls into the machine and (hopefully) have some gods to play, start dumping all your stones into box space. It makes life so much easier. I usually do it in increments of 100 (20 stones) and only upgrade when I begin to consistently run out of space.

You get 5 stones at 30 and 60 days played then 10 stones at 100. From there it's 5 every 50 and 10 every 100 days. Plus events every other week dump 6-8 stones so really just don't roll for a month and you'll have enough stones for a bunch of box space that last you a good couple of months.

I'm about to hit 500 days played and I'm at 400 max space with about 320 spots being used and that's including evo mate for a dozen or so mons I'm working on. Some people manage more with less.

Filthy casual, more box space = better.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Tir McDohl posted:

Ugh, spent 11 stones hunting for a green orb today. I now have enough to evolve Athena, minus the Angelit I'll get on Friday. gently caress farming for orbs ever again. Waiting for them to go into the PAL machine and hoping to get them incidentally from now on.

Edit: I blame you for this, MrPants, for convincing me that Athena was gonna be huge on DQXQ! She better be the best sub ever

At least my DQXQ healer team is quite effective against Satan.

Have you ever seen a sub do six figure damage from their sub element without using active skills? Well soon you will.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

raej posted:

What's a good Sandalphon team? I wouldn't mind him on my DQXQ team, but I'm not sure how to approach it.

http://padherder.com/user/raej/

Use your dqxq team with verche instead of lilith. Stall against archangel to charge skills. Probably use echidna on floor 3. Use sun quan to kill michael. Survive heal and do 40% ish damage to sandalphon in the first three turns while skill locked. Echidna and try to finish him. Use an isis friend.

That said, skill level one sandalphon sucks and I rarely ever use him. I regret spending exp and tamas on him because he just rots in my box. If I need a spike, king shynee is better. Without stalling for his active there are just too many better choices for the spot he fills. Maybe he could be good once skilled up but you already have sun quan who is as good as a sl 8 sandalphon.

barge
Jun 12, 2006

Is anyone going to have D/W batman up for athena tomorrow? 323,653,242

though I guess d/d hera would probably work just fine now too

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

MrPants posted:

Have you ever seen a sub do six figure damage from their sub element without using active skills? Well soon you will.

I'm gonna try throwing together a 100% farmable stupid team with Ult Athena once I get her. Athena / Beorc / Beorc / Heracles / Gaia / Athena. That's two turns of 3.5 million damage a piece, and you've got over 30k HP to work with. :shepface:

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Kuros posted:

Filthy casual, more box space = better.

And if you aren't at 300 max friends you are antisocial! (In a game where your friends leaders are probably their favorite waifu. Or a bird.)

Wait, how many REM pulls did I pass up?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I'm gonna try throwing together a 100% farmable stupid team with Ult Athena once I get her. Athena / Beorc / Beorc / Heracles / Gaia / Athena. That's two turns of 3.5 million damage a piece, and you've got over 30k HP to work with. :shepface:

Id rather have Verche on that team instea of stupid Gaia.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

FrickenMoron posted:

Id rather have Verche on that team instea of stupid Gaia.

I was looking for someone else with Green Row and primary Green ATT, Verche would definitely be much more helpful utility though sure. Amitaka actually might fit really well too, G/L, Green Row, God Type, R->G and D->H orb changer is pretty much perfect.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Think I might finally go and try to grab Athena, though my Red Ronia team might have issues on Siegfried if I don't get a good enough setup before being stuck matching red or dark orbs.
https://www.padherder.com/user/Evilfluffy/teams/#25408

I could probably make a devil team with her using something like Baddie/DW Bats/Vampire/DJ but the only issue would be getting screwed by cascades before skills are up, or before a board's ready, on Sieg.

I would just replace echidna on your ronia team with DJ and you will be fine. Sieg will give you infinite turns to clear away light, wood and heart orbs. Just carefully match them away, store up a bunch of red, and do your first damage just after he takes a turn. If you don't get boned by a skyfall, you get 4 turns to kill him after you've gotten a bunch skills charged up and your first turn is dumping a row or two on him. Athena descended doesn't get much easier than with a red ronia team with good rcv. If you hit him early. Just use whatever skills you have available. You don't really need them against Athena.

An alternative to using DJ is using ult Persephone so that you can match away blue too while still upping your rcv.

DrGonzo90
Sep 13, 2010

Finagle posted:

If you're struggling that much with Fire Forest Nerva, I'm assuming it means you aren't using good friend helpers. Go through padherder and puzzledragonx and add the biggest, beefiest Hermes and Idunn&Idunna friends you can find. Make sure they're actually using that leader, though, as a lot of the people who have those leaders listed probably don't run them that much.

You can also start working on your Cao Cao team; Phoenix, Echidna and that ninja are a decent start. Go through and add a bunch of Cao Cao and leader friends, too. Amenouzume friends will also be useful for a while. And definitely work on making a King Flamie for extra burst.

Focus on ranking up, especially on the weekends just chain run Dragons of the Tower in Tower of Giants until the mid 80s or so. You can also run it during the week but it's less stamina efficient, though still good. You'll want to work on progressing into the newer dungeons during the week, probably.

You'll want to evolve your I&I as soon as possible because she gains some power. Cao Cao you can leave unevolved unless you have extra tamadra to feed him to gain his row enhance, but level him up to 50 at least.

As far as box size, the general rule is 2 box spaces per level, but expand up to at least 100 ASAP.

Your leaders are very playable but it's probably just going to be a bit of a slog in the beginning. I think really good friend leaders is going to be the most helpful thing for you going forward.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

EroticBlacksmith posted:

If you're trying for Hera you most likely want another Luci buddy, or a Grodin, depending on your teams hp and recovery levels. Auto Healer is gonna do jack and I cannot think of a single instance where I'd run one with a luci team.

I`m guessing the answer is obvious but since Hera is coming in 9 days (two heroes in 8) i`d like to try my best and be ready.

The question is: Do I stand a chance (other than spending dozens of stones) with non max-level/max-awakenings luci/luci team? my avg level is 35 for SOD luci/witch lilith/Drawn joker (2 keepers are level max obviously), I could likely make it to 50+ before then and, if lucky, get a few awakenings.

I mostly want to be sure if spending a few stamina stones to get xp metal dragon chain runs peripheral to ranking up would be worth it or if I should forget about it unless most of my party is max level/woken up and that would require a LOT of time over the next few days.

VVV Did 5, 2 kings, 1 Tamdara, 1 medium and about 20 small ones.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 24, 2014

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Six runs of the Golden Dragon dungeon and all I have to show for it is two kings, 3 high dragons, and 0 Tamadra. To hell with this. I've got an ult. Angelion, a Werewolf and a Jaki Ogre. I'm running Super Gold this evening.

Anyone with a Grodin on my friends' list, I'd be much obliged if you'd leave him up around 9 PM EST.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 24, 2014

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Box talk - Playing 3 weeks or so and have 440 spaces. I'm a hoarding oval office. Having a Play store voucher gathering virtual dust helped me whale it a bit.
Next onto expanding friends. That'll take longer though as I don't want to spend actual real money on such nonsense. By which I mean I currently have no money but as soon as I do, I'll waste it on this madness.

I just know that eventually this will be the game that actually makes me IAP. I've held out so far, but there seems to be dark magic within.
Also, I have a hole in my life since I quit heroin. Fun times lay ahead for sure.

Still looking for awoken autohealers and Groding friends. Or anyone really, I cleared out a load of chaff from my list.

328 406 383

beeboy SA

Also, whould this guy work as my resolve leader...
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=926

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 24, 2014

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
edit isn't quote isn't edit

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Schrodingers cat posted:

I`m guessing the answer is obvious but since Hera is coming in 9 days (two heroes in 8) i`d like to try my best and be ready.

The question is: Do I stand a chance (other than spending dozens of stones) with non max-level/max-awakenings luci/luci team? my avg level is 35 for SOD luci/witch lilith/Drawn joker (2 keepers are level max obviously), I could likely make it to 50+ before then and, if lucky, get a few awakenings.

I mostly want to be sure if spending a few stamina stones to get xp metal dragon chain runs peripheral to ranking up would be worth it or if I should forget about it unless most of my party is max level/woken up and that would require a LOT of time over the next few days.

VVV Did 5, 2 kings, 1 Tamdara, 1 medium and about 20 small ones.

You definitely don't need a max-level, max-awakening team or anything like that. I'd think your team could manage it, but you might want to test run in Endless Corridors to be certain. Hera hits for 12k a turn -- can you keep up with that? With no gravity (catch-22, I know), you'll have to hit Hades with both Morning Stars, then have to recharge them both about 4 times to take out Hera, which means about 120 turns of stalling on her. I imagine you'll have the raw stats for that, but you should make sure you have the consistency before dooming yourself to a losing race.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

opaopa13 posted:

You definitely don't need a max-level, max-awakening team or anything like that. I'd think your team could manage it, but you might want to test run in Endless Corridors to be certain. Hera hits for 12k a turn -- can you keep up with that? With no gravity (catch-22, I know), you'll have to hit Hades with both Morning Stars, then have to recharge them both about 4 times to take out Hera, which means about 120 turns of stalling on her. I imagine you'll have the raw stats for that, but you should make sure you have the consistency before dooming yourself to a losing race.

I didn`t think about endless corridors, good point. I'll give it a shot and see if I can make it.

Thanks!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

MrPants posted:

I would just replace echidna on your ronia team with DJ and you will be fine. Sieg will give you infinite turns to clear away light, wood and heart orbs. Just carefully match them away, store up a bunch of red, and do your first damage just after he takes a turn. If you don't get boned by a skyfall, you get 4 turns to kill him after you've gotten a bunch skills charged up and your first turn is dumping a row or two on him. Athena descended doesn't get much easier than with a red ronia team with good rcv. If you hit him early. Just use whatever skills you have available. You don't really need them against Athena.

An alternative to using DJ is using ult Persephone so that you can match away blue too while still upping your rcv.

I have a dark noel I haven't fed away yet (too many choices) and might just feed it to Persephone since I can ult her right now, and toss her in the team afterwards. Shame her awakenings aren't all that great. Doesn't really look to be worth the 4 tamas.

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
So I guess I'm pretty much done buliding my F/L Horus team, so I'm looking at a Pandora team next.

What I've got so far is Pandora/DD Haku/Hanzo/DW Batman/Vamp/Pandora. Would it be better to keep the team the way it is, or replace Vamp with my second max-skilled Hanzo for the extra skill boost and row enhance? Alternatively, should I drop something for Cerberus so I can get an orb enhancer? Is there some other hidden sub that I should be using that I'm not seeing?

Here's my PADherder. Any advice on my G/L Parv team would be great too!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lumen posted:

So I guess I'm pretty much done buliding my F/L Horus team, so I'm looking at a Pandora team next.

What I've got so far is Pandora/DD Haku/Hanzo/DW Batman/Vamp/Pandora. Would it be better to keep the team the way it is, or replace Vamp with my second max-skilled Hanzo for the extra skill boost and row enhance? Alternatively, should I drop something for Cerberus so I can get an orb enhancer? Is there some other hidden sub that I should be using that I'm not seeing?

Here's my PADherder. Any advice on my G/L Parv team would be great too!

I'd say your Pandora team is pretty much perfect just the way it is. Same with your Parvati team.

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."

MrPants posted:

Use your dqxq team with verche instead of lilith. Stall against archangel to charge skills. Probably use echidna on floor 3. Use sun quan to kill michael. Survive heal and do 40% ish damage to sandalphon in the first three turns while skill locked. Echidna and try to finish him. Use an isis friend.

Thanks! Though why an Isis friend instead of say Kirin?

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

raej posted:

Thanks! Though why an Isis friend instead of say Kirin?

Floor one sucks. If one unicorn survives, it will orb troll your board 3 out of 5 times. Uriel can also wreck your board for Kirin. Kirin friend makes DQXQ's active a heart maker only.

The biggest thing though is that Isis's bind clear/immunity can be pretty clutch for floor 3 and just the heal can really be useful in surviving many rounds of damage when you need to. Kirin's gravity doesn't really help much unless you are having problems with Michael. I guess I could see that and that would make a good case for using Kirin. I just have preferred W/L Isis.

If you feel more comfortable with Kirin, go for it. I think they both could do well. Just don't be like me the first time a few months ago and try to use a L/L Ra.

Edit: I tried it with Kirin to see if I liked it better and I do. I think she does better than Isis. So I was wrong, go with Kirin. I started with a crappy board against the unicorns and only killed one. I was able to just kill the other one over 3 turns with DQXQ only no problem. Isis can get the job done but I think I prefer to use Kirin now. Gabriel on floor 3 would still totally suck but can be managed by eating a hit, echidna, heal up and make a good board, take another hit, kill with your now unbound leaders. Good call on Kirin.

MrPants fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 24, 2014

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

I have a dark noel I haven't fed away yet (too many choices) and might just feed it to Persephone since I can ult her right now, and toss her in the team afterwards. Shame her awakenings aren't all that great. Doesn't really look to be worth the 4 tamas.

She just brings the awesome rcv to your team no need for her weak awakenings. Lilith brings a ton of rcv with a good active too but doesn't get to use all of your red rows at all. You have the benefit of a max skill Persephone. You might as well get some mileage out of her. Persephone earns herself a spot on a broad range of teams. There are much worse places for a dark snow globe.

Whenever I think about using tamas or snow globes, I tend to prefer subs that are used on multiple teams.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So I have a couple teams that I have been working on, my main right now is Ame, but I have been playing around with Isis and Blonia quite a bit as well. https://www.padherder.com/user/cralthatway/teams/#61891

What should I be aiming to level up? I have been working on getting my main subs to 60, and trying to level up and evo potential subs, like Phoenix Knight etc...
I have been able to do a few of the early descended dungeons with a little bit of stoning, Hera, Goemon, Heroes and the like, but I feel like I am stuck on content otherwise. Normal dungeons are unlocked through Jupiter, and technicals are unlocked to Forbidden Tower so far. I haven't attempted any of the daily mythicals, I don't think I could handle any of them yet, maybe trifruits?

Any thoughts or advice? What should I throw Tamadra at? Am I missing any obvious farmable subs for my teams? Why does getting rubylits have to be so painful?

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009

bengy81 posted:

So I have a couple teams that I have been working on, my main right now is Ame, but I have been playing around with Isis and Blonia quite a bit as well. https://www.padherder.com/user/cralthatway/teams/#61891

What should I be aiming to level up? I have been working on getting my main subs to 60, and trying to level up and evo potential subs, like Phoenix Knight etc...
I have been able to do a few of the early descended dungeons with a little bit of stoning, Hera, Goemon, Heroes and the like, but I feel like I am stuck on content otherwise. Normal dungeons are unlocked through Jupiter, and technicals are unlocked to Forbidden Tower so far. I haven't attempted any of the daily mythicals, I don't think I could handle any of them yet, maybe trifruits?

Any thoughts or advice? What should I throw Tamadra at? Am I missing any obvious farmable subs for my teams? Why does getting rubylits have to be so painful?

If you could find a way to get two angelits and a devilit, you could make a pretty good B/L Isis Physical team.

Isis/Hrungnir/Siegfried/King Bubblie/Armored Vamp/Isis would be pretty killer IMO. It'll give you absurdly high spike damage when you use Bubblie with Isis' multiplier. You just need to keep an eye out for the RO Ace dungeon, and the Vamp dungeon is coming up.

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
Quote is not edit.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Huh, okay I don't know if we're getting another slot later or anything but I have times for tomorrow's Urgent Dungeons.

Both Regular and Supers are at the same time. All PST

A:1:30PM
B:12PM
C:9AM
D:10:30AM
E:3PM

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Cless Alvein posted:

Huh, okay I don't know if we're getting another slot later or anything but I have times for tomorrow's Urgent Dungeons.

Both Regular and Supers are at the same time. All PST

A:1:30PM
B:12PM
C:9AM
D:10:30AM
E:3PM

Have we ever had urgent dungeons that start on :30?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

two_step posted:

No. I fear change. :ohdear:

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Anyone have G/L Parvati they can put up? 323,392,257

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

I just put mine up, refresh your friend list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

two_step posted:

Welcome to the JP life :getin:

• Locked thread