Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

GNU Order posted:

Death before cheerleader(s)

So are you describing the fact that the thread hasn't voted cheerleaders in and probably won't, or the recruitment process for a Necromantic team's cheerleaders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

I don't get the point of cheerleaders as a comedy/fun vote. Voting for suboptimal but fun skills makes sense - it's cool to see what kind of crazy unconventional tactics and plays we can make. Voting for something that means having fewer interesting players and skills is directly counterproductive to seeing more fun matches.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Rogue0071 posted:

I don't get the point of cheerleaders as a comedy/fun vote. Voting for suboptimal but fun skills makes sense - it's cool to see what kind of crazy unconventional tactics and plays we can make. Voting for something that means having fewer interesting players and skills is directly counterproductive to seeing more fun matches.

It's not counterproductive if our goal is to make his team more bloaty and thus more susceptible to murder.

Remember, a vote for two cheerleaders is a vote for mighty blow on the other team.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

It's what, ten k per cheerleader? oh my god call the min maxing police someone's bloating our team value!

Think of what cheerleaders bring to the table! Fun! Dancing! Rerolls!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

lenoon posted:

It's what, ten k per cheerleader? oh my god call the min maxing police someone's bloating our team value!

Think of what cheerleaders bring to the table! Fun! Dancing! Rerolls!

It's not about min-maxing. Cheerleaders just don't do anything. I'd rather dump limited resources into getting a rad mighty blow/piling on werewolf or something that actually makes things happen. Because then I can watch things happen. And then I will be entertained.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Well that's fair enough, it's the TV bloat argument that I think is silly

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Male Man posted:

It's not about min-maxing. Cheerleaders just don't do anything. I'd rather dump limited resources into getting a rad mighty blow/piling on werewolf or something that actually makes things happen. Because then I can watch things happen. And then I will be entertained.

I hate to break it to you but clawpomb isn't rad. That and a PO wolf is gonna get stomped into dust so fast it'll make your head spin.

If you want the happening to intensify just vote for everyone to get frenzy. EVEN THE ZOMBIES.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

lenoon posted:

Because managing TV is silly? Fair opinion, funhaver.

But the odds of a cheerleader earning the team an extra re-roll aren't enough to justify spending 1/7th of a re-roll on one.

I didn't do the math, I'm just guessing here.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Yeah, I'm in favor of a (single) cheerleader just to spice up the sidelines. Should get two or three episodes of "yeah, that's a cheerleader alright" out of it, and it'll settle this argument. Plus think of the excitement when it finally gives us that reroll that GNU will forget to use!

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I'm in favour of 10 cheerleaders because they are better than a ghoul.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

One or Two cheerleaders don't bloat your TV by any truly noticable number. The worst it will tend to do is make it so you can't get a Bloodweiser Babe for a certain match or your opponent gets Babe access for that match. What they do is be interesting, spice up the sidelines, and occasionally get you free rerolls and/or prevent your opponent from getting them during that kickoff event.

It'd be a frankensteins bride swinging around the Flesh Prince's head as a reminder to Flesh Gordon what happens to those who fail the team. You cannot justify that as not worth a measly 10k. :colbert:

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Male Man posted:

good thing that the stuff you spend to get cheerleaders has literally no effect or relation to wolves levelling up?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

ZeroCount posted:

good thing that the stuff you spend to get cheerleaders has literally no effect or relation to wolves levelling up?

Hiring a wolf to develop into a glass-cannon blitzer would in fact cost money. MacGruff's already a ball carrier, and it probably wouldn't be wise to put him in such a risky position.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I may have to supercede Democracy and buy some cheerleaders just to calm y'all down, once we have enough cash that 10-20k won't possibly interfere with rebuying a dead guy.

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Considering 4 (5 with Blitzer) position players need a touchdown or less to level next game, Gnu's team could really come into their own soon.

Minor Spoilers From The Next Match
How's 4 levels for you?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

lenoon posted:

Also just to make it 100% clear, the only reason I haven't been on the cheerleader bandwagon is 1. It's a dumb meme that shows up in every BB LP and 2. We may need that money for players in the future.

So once we have some cash to throw around, I'm all for bloating the team even more

e- Also I have never bought a cheerleader (as far as I can remember) for a Blood Bowl team

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

GNU Order posted:

e- Also I have never bought a cheerleader (as far as I can remember) for a Blood Bowl team

Confirmed - GNU Order is NOT A FUNHAVER

For Shame!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Had a really satisfying 3-1-0 run on Cyanide tonight since Fumbbl was down. Made a Chorf team with 1 Mino, 3 Blockers, 8 Hobgoblins and 3 RR. Decided I would only score with the Mino.

TOUCHDOWN COW(u cant stop me)'s stat line after 4 games:

Hope nobody has dibs on Chorfs for their LP match because this guy is (almost) ready for primetime.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Given how far down the list I am, I'm basically good to go with whichever.

Though tempted to make some pro elves for cheer leader underboob.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Victor Vermis posted:

Hope nobody has dibs on Chorfs for their LP match because this guy is (almost) ready for primetime.

Can I call dibs on Chaos Dwarfs? I have this;

e: for stat line

Team values so high though it'd be a long time till the LP team gets in range. And I'm not signed up, just been lurking.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 24, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
A +2 agility sure hands blodger bull centaur :wtc:

If I saw my opponant field that I think I might just forfeit then and there, those numbers make me feel sick just from looking at them.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 24, 2014

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Neruz posted:

A +2 agility sure hands blodger bull centaur :wtc:

If I saw my opponant field that I think I might just forfeit then and there, those numbers make me feel sick just from looking at them.

The rest of the team is kind of sick too. 3 Claw+MB blockers. Mino has Block. The other Bullcentaur is also +AG. And then two poo poo hobs for kick and DP.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Jade Star posted:

The rest of the team is kind of sick too. 3 Claw+MB blockers. Mino has Block. The other Bullcentaur is also +AG. And then two poo poo hobs for kick and DP.

Okay so showing people a picture of that centaur and decribing the rest of the team is going to be a pretty much foolprof litmus test for finding Blood Bowl players; anyone familiar with Blood Bowl who is told about that team is going to reflexively cringe away in horror.

e: Ugh I bet you have even more horrifying teams don't you.

e2: God I just cannot get over the Agi4 blodging sure hands bull centaur, I just can't. That is so much bullshit concentrated into one single unit my brain doesn't know how to process it.

How are you supposed to take the ball away from that! How!?

Neruz fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jul 24, 2014

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Neruz posted:

e: Ugh I bet you have even more horrifying teams don't you.

I might...

Let me tell you about my two star Khemri players...

Malice the Tomb Guardian with 3 doubles rolls

And The Bestest Ballhandler

Also notable players are the +St Tomb Guardian, the +St blitzra, and the +st skeleton.

How about some Orcs? The Green Teabaggers missed their calling as elfs.

I'll just let the statline of the team speak for itself there.

I have a strong Chaos team too, but nothing too picture worthy. Just a block mino, 3 warriors with claw block mb. and every single beastman but 1 has rolled doubles within its first two skill ups. So I have two diving tackles, a jump up, two with dodge, and 1 +St.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I do not know any sufficient words to describe just how much of an absolute fucker you are for having those teams :stonk:

That Ork Blitzer has 5 agility :psyduck:

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Neruz posted:

I do not know any sufficient words to describe just how much of an absolute fucker you are for having those teams :stonk:

Eh, I seem to do well on the team building side of the game. When actually in game... Well...

Yeah that seems about right.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Jade Star posted:

Eh, I seem to do well on the team building side of the game. When actually in game... Well...

Bloodbowl.jpg right there.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jade Star posted:

Doesn't stop you from losing to (almost) stock Khorne teams.

Jade Star posted:

Aaaaaaand that's why.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I wish I had the foresight to screen cap my triple skull. Actually, I wanna say I've gotten two of them, one in FUMBBL and one in Cyanide.

Just a reminder, you haven't lived until you've triple skulled a 3db

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

I once played against a pubbie ogre team who rolled three skulls/BDs on his block and rerolled to three skullls. He immediately disconnected.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

GNU Order posted:

I wish I had the foresight to screen cap my triple skull. Actually, I wanna say I've gotten two of them, one in FUMBBL and one in Cyanide.

Just a reminder, you haven't lived until you've triple hextuple skulled a 3db and died.

Fixed that for you.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
On the whole reflecting on your best skull moments...

When I finally bought the Cyanide Blood Bowl game, and created my first team (undead), I was all excited. I jumped into GGL and looked for a match. Won the coin toss, and got everything setup so that my mummy could punch some dudes!

Throw my first block of the game - a 2db - dub skull

RR

dub skull

TURNOVER

gently caress Nuffle

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My first game, trying to play Amazons, I managed to pass to a covered blitzer and have her flee out of the two guys covering her, then GFI twice to get into scoring position. It was beautiful. I even got a 'HOW!' from my opponent as he just barely managed to move one guy in to cover her. I figure I've got the score made, and next turn, I try to have her run it in, thinking she has Dodge and all that.

Snaked, tripped, dead.

Forsooth
Nov 11, 2009

Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Jade Star posted:

Filthy Lucker

Pfft, you want to see something truly impressive check this little guy out.

He is somehow still alive.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Forsooth posted:

A lot of injuries for someone that can regenerate.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Dias posted:

A lot of injuries for someone that can regenerate.

Snotlings don't regen.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I have Hex skulled ONCE.

gently caress those dice.

I did pull off 2 TG pickups in multiple TZs last night. Then I turned Stand Firm off and the dwarves DC'd. On turn 14 or so.
I also got a 2nd niggle on my wrassleskelly.
Bloodbowl.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.

Jade Star posted:

Snotlings don't regen.

Sure they do, you just click the little Fire Player button and hire a new one with the same name. It just requires gold instead of a die roll.

Edit: Oh, I just realized the joke (in the name). :eng99:

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Forsooth posted:

I'm guessing Ogre Projectile from all of those injuries.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I have Blood Bowl Chaos Edition, but I have no real experience playing it and even less experience in turn based mode.

That said, this is a great LP and I enjoy it a lot. I don't watch regular sports games (it's boring, nothing is getting punched), but I do like your Blood Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

JcDent posted:

I have Blood Bowl Chaos Edition, but I have no real experience playing it and even less experience in turn based mode.

Are you saying that you've played the god-awful real time mode of Blood Bowl? :barf:

• Locked thread