Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Sorry Snowden, but I had to helldump you:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
It is seriously weird how defensive Americans are about Israel

lmao yes criticizing Israel is the same thing as being anti-Semitic :rolleyes:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Don't you dare post ANYTHING anti-israel!!! Shalom, mother fucker. :jewish:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Don't you dare post ANYTHING anti-israel!!! Shalom, mother fucker. :jewish:

:happyelf:

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Mustang posted:

It's more about admiration, people never like when you criticize their heroes. They wish they too could be as open about wanting to enforce ethic purity/unity back home. :allears:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Does Netanyahu have a final solution to the Palestine problem?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mustang posted:

arabs are trash tho and israelis love dusting them so its thats pretty cool

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

think we should treat I/P the same way we treat shia/sunni, let the different sects of mud people gently caress each other up and then wipe out whoever's left

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
love all of these 20 somethings i'm friends with on facebook who use "we" when referring to israel (despite their family having lived in the US for 6 generations), assert that they should keep invading palestine, but don't want to actually go join the israeli military themselves. at least those american dudes who died this week actually saw it through

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Wonder if Russia will shell the diggers

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Stolen from the dnd thread.

http://liveuamap.com/e/2014/25-of-july-terrorists-have-blown-up-another-bridge-in-the-donetsk?ll=48.1692911398869;38.346405029296996&zoom=8

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Sorry Snowden, but I had to helldump you:

Man Feels Strongly About What He Roughly Supposes Israel To Be

There was a 2012 poll where just short of 2/3 of Israelis responded, "Yeah, we practice apartheid against Palestinians"

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
There's a specific strain of flu thats common to bats in the levant, that has an extremely increased virulence whenever combined in vivo with swine flu's.

Can't make it up, Jew flu and cop cough combine to create the end times.

Shalom motherfuckers.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I was listening to the BBC news station driving home from work a couple days ago and heard someone try to rewrite history and paint Kerry as Jimmy Carter.

It was even more spectacular than it sounds.

God drat I wish someone would actually say that for real.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

arabs are trash tho and israelis love dusting them so its thats pretty cool

This should have got more love.

psydude posted:

love all of these 20 somethings i'm friends with on facebook who use "we" when referring to israel (despite their family having lived in the US for 6 generations), assert that they should keep invading palestine, but don't want to actually go join the israeli military themselves. at least those american dudes who died this week actually saw it through

All the 20 somethings on my facebook feed are like "gently caress the jews! Burn Israel!"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Obama Africanus posted:

There's a specific strain of flu thats common to bats in the levant, that has an extremely increased virulence whenever combined in vivo with swine flu's.

Can't make it up, Jew flu and cop cough combine to create the end times.

Shalom motherfuckers.

If you'd hurry up and unleash it I might not have to pay my bills this month.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/mh17/22895425/__Inzet_commando_s__.html(link in Dutch)

The Netherlands are sending commandos and more to accompany the Australian SAS to the MH17 site.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Asehujiko posted:

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/mh17/22895425/__Inzet_commando_s__.html(link in Dutch)

The Netherlands are sending commandos and more to accompany the Australian SAS to the MH17 site.

Aussies are on the lookout for wild dogs, yeah?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Aussies are on the lookout for wild dogs, yeah?

Yeah, for loving dingos.

Why send commandos if they aren't armed?

The Jews have slaughtered 190 children in Gaza now. Definitely just there to collapse some tunnels. If it wasn't for the fact that they control every facet of my life I would be incensed.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Yeah, for loving dingos.

Why send commandos if they aren't armed?

The Jews have slaughtered 190 children in Gaza now. Definitely just there to collapse some tunnels. If it wasn't for the fact that they control every facet of my life I would be incensed.

There is no way that Australia would send SAS in with no arms. Not unless our PM was a total idi...

Oh.

The Stygian
Feb 7, 2007

Exeggutor?

Chiwie posted:

There is no way that Australia would send SAS in with no arms. Not unless our PM was a total idi...

Oh.

Uh I'm not sure what makes you think they're not armed. Seriously hope nothing goes pearshaped over there.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
RT: "Australian SAS forces attacked by Ukrainian government troops wearing rebel uniforms!"

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
ISIS blew up the Jonah's Tomb. The gently caress? Can't imagine Mohammad is too pleased about that...

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Tide posted:

ISIS blew up the Jonah's Tomb. The gently caress? Can't imagine Mohammad is too pleased about that...

If Mohammad didn't want it to happen, he had the power to have stopped it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Insha'Allah

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Tide posted:

They believe Mohammad is extremely pleased about that, as do our faithful allies in Saudi Arabia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_early_Islamic_heritage_sites_in_Saudi_Arabia#Saudi_Arabia

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

The rift between young and old liberals on Israel issues is pretty fascinating to watch. Kind of like the rift between young and old conservatives on law and order/ civil liberties stuff.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Best Friends posted:

They believe Mohammad is extremely pleased about that, as do our faithful allies in Saudi Arabia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_early_Islamic_heritage_sites_in_Saudi_Arabia#Saudi_Arabia

These people were complete savages until the 20th century; poo poo most of them still are -- the only really civilized Arabs are the ones who left that armpit of the planet and settled in a Good Country the United States. Is it any surprise when they do poo poo like this?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Back during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan the CIA was getting complaints from their Afghan contacts about the Saudis who'd showed up to play jihad in their backyard. They were desecrating graveyards and treating the locals like poo poo.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
You know how "gently caress the system" kids in America go to an Occupy protest or make some wicked cool banners in college? In the Middle East they country hop playing jihad.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
The fighting won't end until the governments over there decide to start slave labor manufacturing for worldwide products, like we got going in China. It's basically like the kids that don't have anything to do after school and their parents are at work, so they get bored and do bad stuff. Give them a hobby, like making iphones and cheap toys and they'll be too busy doing that than blowing up mosques.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

chemosh6969 posted:

The fighting won't end until the governments over there decide to start slave labor manufacturing for worldwide products, like we got going in China. It's basically like the kids that don't have anything to do after school and their parents are at work, so they get bored and do bad stuff. Give them a hobby, like making iphones and cheap toys and they'll be too busy doing that than blowing up mosques.

The thing is Gulf Arab societies with lots of oil don't just import labor for the drudge work, they also import the smart set to do their engineering, accounting, etc, instead of sending their kids to Harvard or building Mega-Harvard out of gold in the harbor or some other educational equivalent and properly setting up their societies to do something other than export oil and terrorism. It's generation after generation of idle idiots, crashing cars and loving enslaved Russians and their African housekeepers, with no end in sight.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Best Friends posted:

The thing is Gulf Arab societies with lots of oil don't just import labor for the drudge work, they also import the smart set to do their engineering, accounting, etc, instead of sending their kids to Harvard or building Mega-Harvard out of gold in the harbor or some other educational equivalent and properly setting up their societies to do something other than export oil and terrorism. It's generation after generation of idle idiots, crashing cars and loving enslaved Russians and their African housekeepers, with no end in sight.

I think it's the UAE that has some giant baller rear end MIT satellite campus in some super eco friendly city, so at least they're attempting to not be completely hosed when the spice stops flowing

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Bolow posted:

I think it's the UAE that has some giant baller rear end MIT satellite campus in some super eco friendly city, so at least they're attempting to not be completely hosed when the spice stops flowing

Obviously the next president needs to send his eldest son to monitor the flow of spice and later unite the fremen.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Norwegian ministry of justice formally requests assistance from the military. Looks like we have another late July tradition going in addition to impending abortions and busted credit cards.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Sjurygg posted:

Norwegian ministry of justice formally requests assistance from the military. Looks like we have another late July tradition going in addition to impending abortions and busted credit cards.

Oh, good. Sitting in an aluminium can with no air con for 18 hours at a time guarding something or other is just what I was missing in this heat.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Video Shows Islamic State Blowing Up Iraq's Tomb Of Jonah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jITkdB2xZM

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
http://rt.com/news/175296-isis-honeymoon-tourism-militants/

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

:jihad:: My wife and I just bought the suicide bomber package. We're going to have a blast!

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/07/24/234353/obama-administration-knew-islamic.html

quote:

In congressional testimony as far back as November, U.S. diplomats and intelligence officials made clear that the United States had been closely tracking the al Qaida spinoff since 2012, when it enlarged its operations from Iraq to civil war-torn Syria, seized an oil-rich province there and signed up thousands of foreign fighters who’d infiltrated Syria through NATO ally Turkey.

The testimony, which received little news media attention at the time, also showed that Obama administration officials were well aware of the group’s declared intention to turn its Syrian sanctuary into a springboard from which it would send men and materiel back into Iraq and unleash waves of suicide bombings there. And they knew that the Iraqi security forces couldn’t handle it.

The group’s operations “are calculated, coordinated and part of a strategic campaign led by its Syria-based leader, Abu Bakr al Baghadi,” Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Brett McGurk told a House committee on Feb. 5, four months before fighting broke out in Mosul. “The campaign has a stated objective to cause the collapse of the Iraqi state and carve out a zone of governing control in western regions of Iraq and Syria.”
In fresh testimony before Congress this week, McGurk revealed that the administration knew three days in advance that the attack on Mosul was coming. He acknowledged that the Islamic State is no longer just a regional terrorist organization but a “full-blown” army that now controls nearly 50 percent of Iraq and more than one-third of Syria. Its fighters have turned back some of the best-trained Iraqi units trying to retake key cities, while in Syria, it’s seized nearly all that country’s oil and natural gas fields and is pushing the Syrian military from its last outposts in the country’s east.
In testimony in November, McGurk said that one of the reasons the United States had not granted Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki’s request for assistance against the Islamic State was Maliki’s refusal to close Iraqi airspace to Iranian planes flying arms to Assad’s military.

While Maliki’s fears about the Islamic State “are legitimate,” McGurk said then, “it’s equally legitimate to question Iraq’s independence given Iran’s ongoing use of Iraqi airspace to resupply the Assad regime.”
While there are many reasons for the Obama administration’s failure to tackle the rise of the Islamic State earlier, lacking intelligence is not among them.

By early 2013, U.S. intelligence agencies began delivering more than a dozen top-secret high-level reports, known as strategic warnings, to senior administration officials detailing the danger posed by the Islamic State’s rise, said a senior U.S. intelligence official. The reports also covered the threat to Europe and the United States from the return of thousands of battle-hardened foreign fighters, including dozens of Americans, who’d fought to topple Assad.

Intelligence analysts well into this year “continued to provide strategic warning of (the) increasing threat to Iraq’s stability . . . the increasing difficulties Iraq’s security forces faced . . . and the political strains that were contributing to Iraq’s declining stability,” said the senior U.S. intelligence official, who requested anonymity in order to discuss the sensitive issue.

On Feb. 11, Army Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, told the Senate Armed Services Committee in public that the Islamic State “probably will attempt to take territory in Iraq and Syria to exhibit its strength in 2014.”

Flynn warned then that Iraqi forces were “unable to stem rising violence in part because they lack mature intelligence, logistics and other capabilities.” They also “lack cohesion, are undermanned, and are poorly trained, equipped and supplied,” leaving them “vulnerable to terrorist attack, infiltration and corruption,” he said.

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., a member of the House Intelligence Committee, said his committee had been regularly briefed on both Syria and Iraq.

“I do not think it was an intelligence failure. I think that we got the information we needed to have,” he said recently when asked his assessment of the developments in the region. “I don’t feel like I could lay responsibility at the feet of the intelligence community for not seeing this coming, because they were aware of the growing risk."

Worth reading the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/hamas-didnt-kidnap-the-israeli-teens-after-all.html

Welp. I think any vestiges of good will the world could have for Israel just got pissed out all over the ground.

• Locked thread