Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Macaluso posted:

A nice little detail I noticed is that the doll Ned gives Sansa in episode 3 of season 1 that Sansa is all "I don't play with dolls anymore DAD" about, can be seen in Sansa's room in season 2. She kept the doll :unsmith:

She's even clutching it when the Hound comes to her room during the Blackwater battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

kiimo posted:

Hey everybody come get your Wines of Westeros that are haphazardly assigned before they're sued.

http://www.thewinesofwesteros.com/

This is terrible. They should have made ''Arbor gold'' and ''Dornish red''.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Meanwhile in non-crap GoT-related booze news...

The latest beer will be a Dubbel, and seems pretty appropriate given how season 4 ended.

From Ommegang:

quote:

Valar Morghulis is brewed with pilsner and other specialty malts and hopped with Apollo and Hallertau Spalt Select hops. The hue is deep amber-brown with a persistent, creamy, off-white head. Aromas include caramel, toffee, ripe fruit, banana and slightly burnt sugar. The taste is well-balanced with rich malty sweetness, caramel and sugar, and just a touch of bitterness to balance. The finish is surprisingly dry and light on the tongue, belying the aroma and initial taste.

Will be available in the Fall. I've still seen some Fire and Blood Ales at Total Wine, although to be honest, it was a bit of a letdown compared to last year's Take the Black Stout.

Ommegang made their name as being experts at Belgian brews, so a dubbel should be right up their wheelhouse.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Light-Bearer posted:

She's even clutching it when the Hound comes to her room during the Blackwater battle.

The doll also reappears in a few scenes on Sansa's Wedding Day.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

DoctorStrangelove posted:

"They ring for horror. A dead king, a city under siege."
"A wedding."
"Exactly"

Is there anything in this show that hasn't been foreshadowed to poo poo?

Man there's going to be a lot of comeuppance that we think we'll enjoy now but then really really won't when it happens isn't there

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Skeesix posted:

Man there's going to be a lot of comeuppance that we think we'll enjoy now but then really really won't when it happens isn't there

We'll always have Joffrey.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Davos trying to read is loving adorable.

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain

Davos succeeding at reading is possibly my favourite moment in the entire series. He sells so much fear in a single word.

Implores.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I kind of hope Sam enrolls Gilly in The Shireen Baratheon Little Girl School of Literary Excellence, and Gilly and Davos get their own desks and everything.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Frostwerks posted:

I was watching the "narrated history of" thing on youtube and it showed Davos' sigil as an onion.. is that for real? I thought the onion knight thing was just a joke, I know what he did with bringing the onions to Stannis and his men when they were under siege but if his sigil is really an onion then he just plain 'ol need to be the one true king when all is said and done.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I assume you get to choose your own sigil when you become landed. I think Davos shares some of the Hounds feelings when it comes to knights.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

No More Heroes posted:

I was watching the "narrated history of" thing on youtube and it showed Davos' sigil as an onion.. is that for real? I thought the onion knight thing was just a joke, I know what he did with bringing the onions to Stannis and his men when they were under siege but if his sigil is really an onion then he just plain 'ol need to be the one true king when all is said and done.

His sigil is a ship with an onion on its sails. (The opening credits for the show has each character's house sigil next to their actor's name)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
It's explained in a scene in S2. People called Davos "the onion knight" disparagingly, so he decided to own the insult and make it his sigil. His son wants him to change it to three mermen with tridents.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

I assume you get to choose your own sigil when you become landed. I think Davos shares some of the Hounds feelings when it comes to knights.

Well hes from the mean streets of Flea Bottom but he does appreciate Stannis and the opportunity he had to provide a better life for his son, until said son got blasted all to hell at Blackwater Bay :smith:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Kevyn posted:

It's explained in a scene in S2. People called Davos "the onion knight" disparagingly, so he decided to own the insult and make it his sigil. His son wants him to change it to three mermen with tridents.

Guess he forgot Varys already had that as his sigil.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Kevyn posted:

His son wants him to change it to three mermen with tridents.

Something like that.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

From what I can remember his kid was all zealous about the Lord of Light, wtf do trident and mermen have to do with Ser Davos Lord of Onions?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Ballz posted:

Guess he forgot Varys already had that as his sigil.

I don't think Varys actually has a sigil, being from neither a noble house or a lord proper, although his icon on the show is of a spider. I know he's a Merman, though.

I think the actual reason behind wanting to take up a triple merman armed with tridents sigil would be if his lands held domain over the Spears of the Merling King islands, curiously where Davos was stranded between S2 and S3 slash ACoK and ASoS.

A completely dumb aside that I will put behind spoiler tags because of incredibly minor booklol details: I felt for poor Davos in the show more than the books, even though only one died in the show. He at least had SOMEONE remaining after Blackwater in the books to take over the house in case he dies. Even though he lost, like, 5 sons in the books, 100% of your sons dying has to suck more than 85% of them dying.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 15, 2014

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
"I could be wrong, but I think they might show flashbacks via Bran's connection to the heart trees.

Bean: Oh, yeah, yeah! And I'm his father, so that would be great fun! Just to go back to that for a while, it would be such fun to do. It would be great! It would be bizarre, but it would be great! So I guess if they're going to do flashbacks, then yeah!

Well, it's just my theory ...

Bean: But it's a good theory! And that should happen, shouldn't it? I've definitely got some unfinished business that needs to be resolved there. I'm obviously not Jon Snow's dad. And you need that to be revealed at some point, don't you? So Bran would kind of be the one having the flashback, and he would see Ned praying, right? And revealing those things? You never know what those guys are going to do with that. It's got to be something special. But I'm into that. I certainly would be into that. Print that! Give them a nudge. [Laughs.] Hopefully I'll get a call soon."

http://www.vulture.com/2014/07/sean...rones-chat.html

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Poor Sean Bean. He probably got paid next to nothing for that first and only season he was in :smith:

I would watch the hell out of any prequel type stuff.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

No More Heroes posted:

Poor Sean Bean. He probably got paid next to nothing for that first and only season he was in :smith:

I would watch the hell out of any prequel type stuff.

So would I, but I doubt Sean Bean can pull off a 20-something version of Eddard Stark if you mean a Robert's Rebellion prequel.

Or, every other character is aged appropriately, except Sean Bean. 20-year-old Robert, 18-year-old Catelyn, and 55-year-old Sean Bean acting like nothing is wrong.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
In retrospect, I wonder if they cast Sean Bean specifically because they planned on having Ned Stark's execution be right in the first season.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Casting announcement!!

Avoid the Youtube comments like the plague if you go to the video player's page. Gonna miss Oberyn, but at least we'll now have... Dr. Julian Bashir. :swoon:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bloopers from Comicon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-7Fs9HJvs0

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Ballz posted:

Casting announcement!!

Avoid the Youtube comments like the plague if you go to the video player's page. Gonna miss Oberyn, but at least we'll now have... Dr. Julian Bashir. :swoon:

I'm liking a lot of that cast and Siddig is the crown jewel

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Joke's on you the finale for the series is that this is just another holonovel that Bashir and O'Brien are re-enacting.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Lots of Martells next season, them girls are bangin :dong:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Ballz posted:

Casting announcement!!

That article posted:

DeObia Oparei is a Londo born actor and playwright.

And you thought this show couldn't get any more :darksouls:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

No More Heroes posted:

Lots of Martells next season, them girls are bangin :dong:

Well consider their father had the capacity to drive any Republican directly into open homosexuality it makes sense.

As opposed to their often current state of closeted homosexuality.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Holy loving Siddig, yesssssss!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

And you thought this show couldn't get any more :darksouls:

More like :babylon5:.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Could not be more thrilled to see Siddig in there. Fantastic.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Alexander Siddig and Jonathan Pryce have my nerd boner at full mast.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Joke's on you the finale for the series is that this is just another holonovel that Bashir and O'Brien are re-enacting.

So who does O'Brien play?

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Hahaha at 1:20 - Dany's story would be infinitely more watchable if she stayed in this character

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Hahaha at 1:20 - Dany's story would be infinitely more watchable if she stayed in this character
It would certainly help stop people from lionizing her.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
I bet Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Peter Dinklidge are the coolest dudes to be around on set. That dancing into the trial is loving hilarious.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Best part of that blooper reel is the White Walker falling off the horse.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Best part of that blooper reel is the White Walker falling off the horse.

Who is also the Season 2 Mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

frankenfreak posted:

It would certainly help stop people from lionizing her.

I don't know, I actually like her more.

• Locked thread