Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hope Darius is ok, depression really sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can understand lashing out at a reporter and feeling like you are being ambushed by questions if you are on the brink of an emotional meltdown like he experienced in the break.

He was really nice dude when I met him and he gave my mum a big hug as well and he is a Knight so I'm concerned for him but he has plenty of support thankfully.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Interview with Wayne Bennett showing on NRL360 - he says Boyd and Alex McKinnon are best friends :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They were housemates during the Dragon years.

Man this year has been depressing NRL wise.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
NRL360 is a pretty good show guys, I don't always agree with Ikin and/or Kent but they don't gloss over or shy away from the tough issues.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

NRL360 is a pretty good show guys, I don't always agree with Ikin and/or Kent but they don't gloss over or shy away from the tough issues.

It is everything the footy show tends to not be. therefore it is good.

Kent sometimes shits me though, but I must admit tonight Blocker was a guilty pleasure for a fat old has-been. Still wouldn't listen to 2GB in a fit though.

edit: I feel privileged though that I got to witness Gordy vs freeman when they were together. Sometimes you could feel Gordy just wanted to punch that little shits* head in.

*term of affection

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jul 23, 2014

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

MiniSune posted:

It is everything the footy show tends to not be. therefore it is good.

Kent sometimes shits me though, but I must admit tonight Blocker was a guilty pleasure for a fat old has-been. Still wouldn't listen to 2GB in a fit though.

edit: I feel privileged though that I got to witness Gordy vs freeman when they were together. Sometimes you could feel Gordy just wanted to punch that little shits* head in.

*term of affection

I started to get tense when watching the old Monday show on Fox since you could swear Gordy was about to take a swing at any second. Freeman is such a gleefully annoying little prick and Gorden was a man *this* close to snapping. The rest of the panel were just laid back old mates making fun of each other, and the host did a great job of letting it all flow by not having to be the centre of attention. Probably the most entertaining format of a league show I've seen.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Watbro has a great agent looking after him. :allears:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Smorgasbord posted:

Its my go to league show. I can handle matty johns show in small doses.

Has he cut down the dickheadedness c/d?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

BCR posted:

Its my go to league show. I can handle matty johns show in small doses.

Has he cut down the dickheadedness c/d?

Yeah he's tolerable now but his show on Monday has turned to poo poo due to interminably long and unfunny Hindmarsh/Fletcher bits.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I always felt Peter Sterling should have been used on something more analytical than the Footy Show.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

I always felt Peter Sterling should have been used on something more analytical than the Footy Show.

His Thursday night show "Sterlo" is pretty good, a bit more technical than the other shows which is a refreshing change.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Good to see that Slater is allowed to tackle defensive players in the air.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

:stare: They're gonna call that a try? Goddamn, Billy Slater is allowed to do whatever the gently caress he wants apparently.

edit: I want Slater to get Fa'alogo-ed like Anasta was.

edit: HAHAH that 1st tackle play from Ben Roberts :wtc:

edit3: oh man Roberts is hilarious

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 25, 2014

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Ben Roberts is rubbish.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Ben Roberts is rubbish.

I love that on a team featuring Smith, Cronk & Slater, coached by Bellamy, Ben loving Roberts is gleefully wasting multiple attacking opportunities with incompetent bungling.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'm surprised that Smith and Cronk haven't taken over and told him to gently caress off. They would be better off getting an extra forward in the 6 jersey.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Smorgasbord posted:

:stare: They're gonna call that a try? Goddamn, Billy Slater is allowed to do whatever the gently caress he wants apparently.

Yes? Is this your first season of watching the Nrl?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Yes? Is this your first season of watching the Nrl?

The Storm in the regular season is like the Blues in origin. Rules need not apply.

Love that they blatantly refused to give a binning for an obvious professional foul.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

And again Slater can do no wrong.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Even with the reffing being a rigged as it is Brisbane are still amazingly poo poo

edit: serves me right for calling them poo poo

Byolante fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 25, 2014

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Meanwhile JWH's stupidity could really hurt the cunts.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Meanwhile JWH's stupidity could really hurt the cunts.

Bit of a messy, but looked legal, try to the Cunts restores normalcy.

Edit: And insanity resumes.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jul 25, 2014

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Oh poo poo, this game is way better.

JWH was part of the stupidity that let the Knights get down the other end.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is it still playing in Kiwi land?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

No we get both games live and uninterupted.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What a win, I was shaking at the end there. Probably one of the best wins ever.

Uate, Boyd, Gids, Houston, McManus out and Mullen injured at half time, short turn around. How the gently caress did he win that one?

Tyrone really stood up and Sione is such a gun.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
kevin locke is making his full debut for salford against leeds just now, is he as good as they say he is?

Edit: lol no, he's garbage

stickyfngrdboy fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 25, 2014

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

He was dominant in the U20s game, but it never truly translated to first grade. He got plenty of opportunities, but it never really worked, at best he was an above average fullback. His game might translate well to Super League once he gets acclimatised.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Jono C posted:

He was dominant in the U20s game, but it never truly translated to first grade. He got plenty of opportunities, but it never really worked, at best he was an above average fullback. His game might translate well to Super League once he gets acclimatised.

atm it kinda looks like he's there for the paycheck and to take it easy, could be wrong though. Hope I'm wrong, I'd like to see Salford do well.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
He said after the game he had a back injury but honestly he didn't look injured, he looked like he couldn't be arsed. Didn't stop the dreadful sky commentary team from telling us how amazing he is.

Salford will do okay with iestyn in charge next season, as long as his boss doesn't try to buy as many big names as possible even if they won't work together or are old. Iestyn is a judas oval office but I still have a soft spot for him.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
He was really good once upon a time. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good.

Also, he's really, really short.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

I don't really think he ever got above average, although having said that, NRL fullbacks in general are really loving good. I think my fellow Warriors fans romanticise Locke a bit from his u20s days and a few spectacularly memorable moments but he could go for 3-4 game stretches without having any positive impact.

edit: But then they thought Patrick loving Ah Van was the second coming when we shipped him over there so :shrug:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man the amount of complaining from Easts fans about last nights game on Facebook even this morning is delicious

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

I don't really think he ever got above average, although having said that, NRL fullbacks in general are really loving good. I think my fellow Warriors fans romanticise Locke a bit from his u20s days and a few spectacularly memorable moments but he could go for 3-4 game stretches without having any positive impact.

He was hyped to the moon, and he was also the chosen one from all the amazing U20 fullbacks we had- Peta Hiku, Glen Fisiaahi and Omar Slaimankhel. It's somewhat ironic that the one we probably should have kept was Hiku, whereas the others at least got a shot at first grade with us.

quote:

edit: But then they thought Patrick loving Ah Van was the second coming when we shipped him over there so :shrug:

That'll always be the standard for me. Nat Wood turned into some sort of demigod over there as well.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Just saw that on facebook

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

When did that happen? He deserves a really long break for that poo poo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
If what appears to be going on in the photo actually is going on, then yeah, he should be banned for some time. Russell Packer went to prison for that sort of thing for gently caress's sake.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

When did that happen? He deserves a really long break for that poo poo.
Just before he got sent for 10 for dissent I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

Just before he got sent for 10 for dissent I think

I remeember him doing it really on in the match and it was a penalty but for slowing down the play the ball, not giving some rucky love

• Locked thread