Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:siren: This game is based off of an old setup by Soru, who has given his blessing for this iteration. Please don't go back and read it because it will affect the game. The following is cribbed and slightly edited from the original OP where appropriate. READ IT. :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1SudSWNUvU

Welcome to The Wire mafia! This is a game for 14 players with a closed setup. It contains a few very important differences from other mafia games:

Before each day starts, the scum will choose how they're communicating for that day. They may choose to use:
Cellphones: Disposable "burner" cellphones are the easiest way to talk freely. These are the best choice for the scum, and are most advantageous.
Payphones: Payphones are relatively easy to use. Slightly disadvantageous to scum, but altogether a safer method than cell phones.
Meetings: In-person meetups are time consuming and cumbersome. This method is the least desirable for the scum, and they must make a sacrifice when they choose it. Still, the safest method of all.

During each day, the town will vote to decide which method they want to intercept. Votes are made typing ##intercept: payphones. If you vote using any other syntax, it won't be counted. The town will gain VALUABLE INFORMATION if they intercept the method of communication chosen by the scum.

If the intercept vote is reaches a majority before the day ends, then the choice is made and no more votes or unvotes for it are allowed. If the intercept vote is not hammered by the end of the day (deadline or lynch), a plurality is used. In the event of a tie, the option with the most recent vote is used.

At the time of the lynch cardflip, the town will also know whether the correct intercept method was chosen. At the start of the next day, the town will see any results from that intercept.

Other than that, normal mafia rules apply. Just don't try to break the game. Here are some things you should know:
Character names and roles have been randomized! There is no correlation between a character's actions in the show and their powers here.
Most game days will last 3-4 real life days. Most nights will last 24 hours.
During the day, a majority vote is required to instantly lynch. At the deadline, only a plurality is required. No-lynches are acceptable substitutes assuming it reaches either threshold. In the event of a tie, the player with the most recent vote will be lynched.

After the lynch, there will be twilight until the thread is closed. Feel free to post during that time.

This game will attempt to remain major spoiler free! If you want to talk about how rad the show is do it in private chat or TVIV (or with me).

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Our Cast of Characters

1. Ardulac
  2. CapitalistPig
  3. chaoslordShot dead D2
  4. Deadbeat Dad
  5. dorkanoid
  6. Dr. Hurt
  7. DuckHuntDog
  8. DugongShot dead N2
  9. EccoRaven
  10. Fast Luck
  11. Hal Incandenza
  12. IcePhoenixlynched D3
  13. IxtliltonKilled N4
  14. King Burgundy
  15. Little MacShot dead D2
  16. Magnus Gallantlynched D5
  17. MEDS CURE SCHIZOSlynched D4
  18. OpopanaxShot dead D2
  19. RarityLynched D2
  20. Sam.Killed N3 as Asiina
  21. SomberbreroKilled N1

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 17, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All in the game, yo'. All in the game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I didn't read the first one but it looked really frigging cool.

also I want to play.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I want in , but only if I can be Bunk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

I want in , but only if I can be Bunk

no promises~

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sheeeeeeeiiit
I guess ill do it anyway then.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ready for action!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I vote that for D1 we're only allowed to say gently caress.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rarity posted:

I vote that for D1 we're only allowed to say gently caress.

fuuuuuucckkk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opop comin'!

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
Sounds interesting, I'm in.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I will play but please don't spoil the Wire for me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

I will play but please don't spoil the Wire for me.

Also this. :)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I've decided that I am going to be playing the role of Barret Wallace and will be using the Golden Shiny Wire of Hope.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

A pillow told me to play this game.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

And yeah the Wire is on my to-do list so no spoilers, jerks.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ill play. Yall can turbo your frustrations out on me :)

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Dr. Hurt posted:

And yeah the Wire is on my to-do list so no spoilers, jerks.
I highly recommend it, as long as you enjoy feeling horrible about the state of the world.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ardulac posted:

I highly recommend it, as long as you enjoy feeling horrible about the state of the world.

Well, he plays mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes please?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Five-ooo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm hanging on to two more spots for newbies, but if you're interested from this point forward and that distinction doesn't apply to you go ahead and post here for a timestamp. If there isn't any newbie interest within 24 hours or so I'll fill in players in order of timestamp. If there's anyone left out who wants to play, you'll get a reserved spot in my upcoming big game should you want it.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm not a newbie, but I promise not to use semicolons in this game if I'm signed up.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

[veteran note: My scum team and I had the last Wire game won, had Tao Jones not called me out on a semicolon.]

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This would be my third non turbo game (did two turbos earlier today), so I'm not brand new but I'm pretty close. Put me wherever that means!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Hello i have never played mafia before what is this thing you are talking about. Please enlighten me.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I'm on my second watch through of the wire, you chumps need to catch up.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
If there's still a spot, I'm down in B-town

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm expanding the game. If you want to get in, do it by 10:00 PM tomorrow.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Ok.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Wait no, sorry, I just wanted to make a joke in the discussion thread. I will not be playing in this game. My apologies for the confusion. :(

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

When is 10:00 PM tomorrow! I hope I make it :ohdear:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

9.5 hrs from now :devil:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I go back to work on Monday. Make all deadlines noon during weekdays TIA

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Little Mac posted:

I go back to work on Monday. Make all deadlines noon during weekdays TIA

3:56 AM sharp

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
I'm interested. Haven't played an online Mafia game before, but I have played some in-person. Also, I don't have PMs, is that a problem?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I would like to enter The Wire Mafia and retain my 0% win rate.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sam. posted:

I'm interested. Haven't played an online Mafia game before, but I have played some in-person. Also, I don't have PMs, is that a problem?

Not if you give me another way to contact you :)!

If you don't want to post in thread hit me up at tremendoustasteATgmailDOTcom

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Sam. posted:

Fresh blood!! :henget:

• Locked thread