Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Disappointing time from Valverde. There's zero doubt Quintana will be captain next tour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Valverde lost the podium...again :chord:
No competition whatsoever for Martin.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Nooo, Peraud. That sucks

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Let's watch that bike change again Bob

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Where the hell as King Leopold come from?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

OK so two bike changes for AG2R, and FDJ can't seem to pin on the rider number in a non-retarded way. gg, French teams

e: I forgot that Pinot's radio stopped working too

serious gaylord posted:

Where the hell as King Leopold come from?

All I know is that he's got a German name and rides for a German team, so I'm goose stepping all over the place

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
When will Peraud pop

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Van Garderen in the top5 for 2 sec.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

San Sebastian, Vuelta, Lombardia, worlds all left, anything else? Hope one of them is good

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've been pretty quiet in the thread because I didn't want to jinx Nibali, but man does it feel good to finally see another Italian dominate the tour. As someone that watched Pantani in his prime and loved every second of it, I'm happy that Nibali did so well this year.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mr.Nice posted:

Van Garderen in the top5 for 2 sec.

Does that mean him and Bardet will be sprinting for the line tomorrow?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

They'll be like Siamese twins

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Van Garderen outsprints the bunch to win the stage. Sagan gets 2nd.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Was I right in not really bothering with the Tour after stage 10? I watched the stages in the Alps but my interest dropped off a cliff last weekend and never came back.

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

You might have enjoyed watching the end of the ITT if you gave a poo poo about the other two podium places, but other than that the rest of the race was pretty boring, yeah.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

Was I right in not really bothering with the Tour after stage 10? I watched the stages in the Alps but my interest dropped off a cliff last weekend and never came back.

Once Contador was gone there was literally no point in the tour.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Pocket posted:

I enjoyed the last hour or so in all the mountain stages tuesday-thursday this week, but of course that requires a certain interest in the race beyond the GC competition. At the end of the day, it was maybe more show and less of actual competition, but still worth it. Then again, I'm also quite accustomed to ignoring the (lack of) GC competition since I've watched Tour since 1997, including all the lovely Armstrong years, and it's quite common for the gap between 1st and 2nd to be over 5 minutes aka done deal.

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 26, 2014

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
It's been interesting to watch Sagan take green whilst not winning a stage and loving up every actual sprint.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

serious gaylord posted:

Once Contador was gone there was literally no point in the tour.

Nibali could have ridden off a cliff in the Alps two days after Contador went out. There's quite a difference between leading the race on the first rest day and winning it in Paris. It doesn't matter if you're an enormous favorite; you still have to perform at the end of the day.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Also, you could say that the race for #2 is important because it's not exactly uncommon for the #1 spot to be disqualified in dope tests/trials after a week or a month or a year or 10 years...though usually it's too late for anyone to care.

Peraud couldn't even give an interview to the French TV because he was crying so much after today's stage. I guess place 2 can mean quite a lot.

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 26, 2014

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pocket posted:

You were, watching the French riders battle for 2nd was pathetic and emasculating imo. Shame on them for riding like cowards, risk it all and go for a long range solo attack.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Stage 20 Bergerac / Périgueux

Summary

Full results

Stage 21 Évry / Paris Champs-Élysées 137.5km

Stage analysis

Mountain passes & hills

Km 31.0 - Côte de Briis-sous-Forgescategory 4

Intermediate sprint

Finish

Weather

Rain and Storms

Stage 21 odds

Time schedule

Start : 15h45
Finish : 19h10

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Will Quintana be racing the Vuelta? Otherwise it has Froome ridden all over it

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Hegay posted:

Will Quintana be racing the Vuelta? Otherwise it has Froome ridden all over it

Yes, he is.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I love Martin's WC stripe disk.

Peraud's dream was to stand on the podium in paris all his life, so that's pretty meaningful for him I imagine.

Quintana will poo poo in Froome's mouth in the Vuelta, looking forward.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

That's good. Hopefully a Contador will recover in time as well. I'm sure Riis is going through his rotadex

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

That's good. Hopefully a Contador will recover in time as well. I'm sure Riis is going through his rotadex

Sysmex

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gonna use that new Tinkov connection and get some Full Size MGF

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Belkin did terrible today, Mollema blamed it partly on the bike after the race. Bianchi gave them new TT bikes on the second rest day and they only got to ride it twice, the second time being this morning.

Now the team is freaking out and saying how unprofessional Mollema is to blame the bike. Good show.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

Nibali could have ridden off a cliff in the Alps two days after Contador went out. There's quite a difference between leading the race on the first rest day and winning it in Paris. It doesn't matter if you're an enormous favorite; you still have to perform at the end of the day.

Yeah he could have done, but he didn't. Instead you had 2 weeks of the top 5 marking each other to boring death.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Hegay posted:

I believe it has already been reported that Contador is out of the Vuelta because his leg break was too severe to recover in time.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It has. He said right from the start it would be iffy and on Thursday IIRC they said he wouldn't recover in time. I don't like him terribly much but it's really a shame.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
A lot of fractures occurring in the peloton of late. Brittle bones.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Lol at Thomas finishing ahead of Porte.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Pvt Dancer posted:

Belkin did terrible today, Mollema blamed it partly on the bike after the race. Bianchi gave them new TT bikes on the second rest day and they only got to ride it twice, the second time being this morning.

Now the team is freaking out and saying how unprofessional Mollema is to blame the bike. Good show.

Was a hell of a lot more than the bike. Riders that weren't even really trying finished way ahead of him.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I dunno, Mollema said he was cramping up after 10 km and his form was pretty good in the Pyrenees two days ago.

The team response is just retarded. Mollema's always the first to blame himself when he underperforms, the director even acknowledged that and then goes on to say that it's really unprofessional to suggest that riding on a new TT bike turned out to be a bad idea.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Unless his fit measurements got hosed up or he had the wrong size frame, I don't see how it could have caused major issues.

Regardless, he looked awful on the bike. Moving his upper body all over the place.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
He's ridden good TT's with doing that as well.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its bad form to poo poo on your bike supplier when your team has been saved from the block by the skin of their teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Mollema is average. Ten Dam > *.belkin

Tour de France is a poo poo race.