Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Aren't all Metal Slug games literally just the same game with different cabinet art and for some reason the artists keep adding numbers to the end of the title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

PureRok posted:

Aren't all Metal Slug games literally just the same game with different cabinet art and for some reason the artists keep adding numbers to the end of the title?

Oh no you didn't. :colbert:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

You couldn't get fat in the first game. :colbert:

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Mister Chief posted:

You couldn't get fat in the first game. :colbert:

Or become a zombie or a mummy.

Or ride a Camel or Elephant with gigantic guns mounted on the sides of them.

Or fight crab people and weird dealy-blooper aliens whose skin melts when they die exposing their skull. :colbert:

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

PureRok posted:

Nah, just 6 and 7.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

rdbbb posted:

Nah, just 6 and 7.

And 2 and X. :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hey, who clogged the release pipe?

-SHLOOP-

Ah, there we go.

Season 18 begins! Will Arino's doctor declare him unfit for another season? Will the PC Engine have enough oil to get through Tatsunoko Fighter? Can Arino ever become an accomplished speedrunner? The answer to all this and more in tonight's episode.

Game Center CX 177 - S18E01 - Tatsunoko Fighter

https://mega.co.nz/#!3RUhHBiQ!PN3jbNv7myJcWg4OSXSkbKhi8uiK86Ggx5kdlClEei8

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Hooray

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Awesome! I've been checking this thread six times a day since it was mentioned a new translation was in the works. Cheers!

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!
Yes! You guys are awesome, will be watching this tonight when I get home. Many thanks for everyone's hard work in these releases!

Kirbychwan fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 29, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Welp, time to put the LP update writing on hold, because I've got something to do!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hooray. Thanks for the new episode.

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A Stately Pleasure Dome Decree
Woo-hah! I think I like that new opening theme song. Thanks for your hard work.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
I'm quite literally screaming at my computer, "DOWNLOAD IT FASTER, YOU PUTRID PIECE OF CRAP!"

I think I have a problem. :ohdear:

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Love that episodes are put on Mega. Downloading it now at 7.8 mb a sec. Beautiful.

Also, thank you for all your hard work and your contributions to fans of Game Center CX the world over.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

univbee posted:

Can Arino ever become an accomplished speedrunner?

Actually, the speedrunning episode should be number four in the pipe. Arino doesn't speedrun the game you think, either! (Well, not "you" univbee. That's "you", the audience.)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Can someone give me the Japanese names (not romaji) for Dragon Child Fighter and that Software House murder game?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

Can someone give me the Japanese names (not romaji) for Dragon Child Fighter and that Software House murder game?

It really is Tatsunoko Fighter (the title used in the episode). No, it's not that Tatsunoko.

Oddly enough, there's another, completely unrelated game called Tastunoko Fight which is that Tatsunoko.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

univbee posted:

Can Arino ever become an accomplished speedrunner?

Calling it now: Arino will be one of the headliners at new upstart gaming marathon "Awesome Games Done Eventually"

Thanks for the release, excited to watch this after work.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Am I mistaken, or is the show adding some sort of sound effect to each death? (A sort of high-pitched noise I've heard in other contexts.) And if so, how long has it been doing it?

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Is it just me, or does that mega download site say it needs a decryption key to download the file? o_O

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Just you.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
If that url gets copied and pasted instead of clicked itll do that because of the "..."

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thank you for the new translation, it was a great episode.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Jesus Christ, having a 25% chance of redoing a level seems like a dick move, and I wouldn't be surprised if the final door-roulette also had one that returned you to the beggining of the game like in JJ & Jeff. And then there was that :effort: last boss...

It was an amazing episode, thank you once again for the translation!

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

zari-gani posted:

A game-inspired indie hip hop artist just released an album inspired by GCCX. Free to download.

http://www.2mello.com/

From the guy who brought you Chrono Jigga and Nastlevania!

ETA: He plugs SA-GCCX.com at the end of the first track.
Thanks for the link. It's a pretty good mix set of music.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

zari-gani posted:

A game-inspired indie hip hop artist just released an album inspired by GCCX. Free to download.

http://www.2mello.com/

From the guy who brought you Chrono Jigga and Nastlevania!

ETA: He plugs SA-GCCX.com at the end of the first track.
Thanks for the link. It's a pretty good mix of music.

univbee posted:

Hey, who clogged the release pipe?

-SHLOOP-

Ah, there we go.
And thanks for this!

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

First of all, thanks a bunch for the new release! The game was kind of.... strange? But still a load of fun to watch. I can't believe we're in Season 18 already!

Also, I don't wanna get ahead of myself here but does unclogging the release pipe mean we're in for a flood of new releases that were all backed up in there? :ohdear:

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
I sure hope so, I almost keeled over from the withdrawal symptoms of no new Arino releases.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

abraxas posted:

Also, I don't wanna get ahead of myself here but does unclogging the release pipe mean we're in for a flood of new releases that were all backed up in there? :ohdear:

Nope. I just made up stuff about working on three different episodes to keep people off balance. There's definitely nothing terrific and great coming up soon.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 29, 2014

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Today just got awesome.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

Nope. I just made up stuff about working on three different episodes to keep people off balance. There's definitely nothing terrific and great coming up soon.

I want to see Arino digging that coin from under that machine already.

And I guess to a lesser extent the rest of that episode that goes with it.

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!

Random Stranger posted:

Well, if you say so... :(

Great episode, by the way! It's amazing how many these early games failed Game Design 101 with all of the little gently caress-yous (like the 25% chance of going back to the beginning of the level. One of the reasons I love GCCX is because it's really great as a game designer to analyze how well (and how badly) games were designed back then, and the average player's knee-jerk reaction to the mechanics.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
So with the end of the level stuff, was the leftmost pit always the one that resets you in that game?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh god that unclogging caused an overflow I can't stop it oh god there's releases EVERYWHERE!

Try as he might, Arino just can't get that dang blue bomber helmet off. As his Mega Man has been upgraded to twice the bits, so too, does this release upgrade to twice the frames, and we're doing a test run and trying a 60 frames per second release (but still offering a 30 fps version for those of you who don't want to deviate from the usual style).

:siren: Experimental - this episode has two versions, choose wisely :siren:

Mega Man X Part 1

30 fps - 604.2 megs (usual style, but some in-game effects don't come out right due to the flickering ending up on "odd" frames. Download this one if you're not sure.): https://mega.co.nz/#!6UM3SZbR!peelIEx8KmO8C7kM2x21QIPSZQjC4VxdtCi_qFzm_5E

60 fps - 664.7 megs (the full experience, but may not work on some devices or only show you 30 fps anyway. Played fine for me on updated Windows Media Player, VLC and MPC-HC, though. Also there will be spots where the overlays are off by 1 frame because apparently the subtitles don't let you tweak beyond 30 fps accuracy): https://mega.co.nz/#!GcV1DTCZ!V4v0VcJcG_IJjhDkwjISd9ZBYEkw1ARZ2gBLsR-dVdA

ben liftington
Jul 7, 2004

2 new episodes in 2 days? SA-GCCX is the greatest. Thanks everyone!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Can I get credits for the last two episodes?

I'll probably put the 60fps version on the site and tweet the 30fps version.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Hell yeah this game owns.

Thanks.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

YISSSSSSSSSS

Mega Man X is my favorite Mega Man game and drat near my favorite SNES game.

Thanks for the release, team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Can someone upload a mirror download for the last two episodes?