Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shinymodem
May 21, 2007
Here's Dan Harmon getting high, mentioning Rick and Morty once, getting harassed about Community for 30 minutes, freestyle rapping, and just generally being a neckbeard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hutIL1oJzRc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Typical posted:

Also Justin's assistant just sent out like 30 Cease and desist letters to people selling rick and morty merch.

Aaaaaaaaand Doc and Mharti have finally come full circle

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

shinymodem posted:

Here's Dan Harmon getting high, mentioning Rick and Morty once, getting harassed about Community for 30 minutes, freestyle rapping, and just generally being a neckbeard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hutIL1oJzRc

This poo poo is amazing... Subscribed to that show!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Beautiful.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Birdperson can arrange that.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
The panel was a riot from beginning to end. No ETA on new episodes other than "next year". The DVD/Blu-ray will feature a documentary on making Rick & Morty that starts as a real documentary and quickly devolves into... things. Also, they have commentary tracks from Matt Groening, Pendleton Ward, and more, in addition to regular commentaries.

They also showed an animatic from season 2 and it completely slayed the audience. This is gonna be a looooong wait.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ooooohhhh poo poo dawg! SDCC footage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Q253vh_V0

:allears: That ending.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

CelticPredator posted:

Is that Andy Daly!?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Welp looks like the quality isn't going to go down. That was loving fantastic.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
WHERE'S MY WIFE

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

JayMax posted:

Is that Andy Daly!?

Sounded like him. I think the doctor was Dave Foley.

This loving show.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
loving hell they haven't missed a step at all.

I can't wait. :allears:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
"You beat cancer and then you went back to work at the carpet store??"

Sometimes I'm afraid that's what we are all really doing... :tinfoil:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Oh god, the wait for the next season is going to be unbearable. Oh well, at least the second season of Gravity Falls is starting soon.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

whoop. There's my gun

I had to draw like 15 concepts for that thing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Typical posted:

So you drew a gun for an assassin. For money.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

LOL

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Typical posted:

whoop. There's my gun

Hopefully that assassin will start quite a fan following, and someone might make your gun dreams come trueeeeee.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So you drew a gun for an assassin. For money.

I suppose you could extrapolate that.

Man, I'm really glad they aired that. Its one of the best sequences. the whole roy thing was really interesting from reading the script and we all couldn't wait to see the animatic. (the thing you just watched) also We went back and forth on that arcade design for a week. A guy named Jeff Mertz did that. hes an Ex Futurama designer. hope you guys all like the way its coming together.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Typical posted:

I suppose you could extrapolate that.

Man, I'm really glad they aired that. Its one of the best sequences. the whole roy thing was really interesting from reading the script and we all couldn't wait to see the animatic. (the thing you just watched) also We went back and forth on that arcade design for a week. A guy named Jeff Mertz did that. hes an Ex Futurama designer. hope you guys all like the way its coming together.

You work on the best animated series currently on TV. Maybe one of the best ever, second only to golden age Simpsons.

How does that make you feel :allears:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Hearing Andy Daly ask Rick to confirm that it shoots anti-matter, because he can't kill this guy with regular matter, was my favorite part. I love that guy.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Krinkle posted:

Hearing Andy Daly ask Rick to confirm that it shoots anti-matter, because he can't kill this guy with regular matter, was my favorite part. I love that guy.

Perfect casting.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

SwissCM posted:

You work on the best animated series currently on TV. Maybe one of the best ever, second only to golden age Simpsons.

How does that make you feel :allears:

feels good man dot jpeg.

Also I get to work with Simpsons people. Nearly all the older guys, Directors and storyboard artists are all from either the early Simpsons/Faimly Guy/ Futurama/King of the Hill

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Typical posted:

feels good man dot jpeg.

Also I get to work with Simpsons people. Nearly all the older guys, Directors and storyboard artists are all from either the early Simpsons/Faimly Guy/ Futurama/King of the Hill

Gonna need to hear some anecdotes. You can't leave us hanging!

Congrats on the pistol. I don't know how big of a deal it is to see your stuff out there this way, but I know it'd give me the warm fuzzies.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Hey you guys don't need to finish the show these animatics are good enough.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

Yeah. Ship it. Call it a beta.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
Oh man that was quality. Season 2 is lookin like it's just going to get better.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Max22 posted:

Yeah. Ship it. Call it a beta.

Adult Swim Early Access or Greenlight?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

"Oh sure, if you spend all day shuffling words around you can make anything sound bad."

The wait for season 2 is going to kill me, holy poo poo.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Because I have nothing better to do on a Sunday night, I decided to rewatch all of season 1.

:allears: Mr. Meseekz

e: and the flu-hatin rapper :swoon:

kloa fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 28, 2014

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

StarkingBarfish posted:

Gonna need to hear some anecdotes. You can't leave us hanging!

Congrats on the pistol. I don't know how big of a deal it is to see your stuff out there this way, but I know it'd give me the warm fuzzies.

Hmm lets see. some anecdotes. Well there's this guy Martin, who was a board artist on the Simpsons. maybe 20+ years ago? Hes kinda like a skinny version of "The Dude". he drives a motorcycle to work and lives out in the desert. comes in and complains loudly about how you can "NEVER TRUST THE COPS MANNNN" "ONCE THEY MOVE INTO YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD THAT'S WHEN ALLLLL THE DRUGS COME"

He tells us stories about how his cop neighbor ties to break into his house and how they all got it out for him. But he refuses to give in to the man. I mean, you wouldn't think this guy is a master of cinematography, and storyboard pro genius. But he really is.

There is another guy, named Wes, Hes a Director. From watching him. you wouldn't actually know that he does work. He just has this super spaced out look about him. and hes constantly re arranging his desk, exhaling heavily, adjusting his chair and then mutters, "ooookayyy. here we go" as if hes always about to start working on something. I can hear this routine about ever 3 to 4 minutes from his office. Some where in that head of his he has the whole episode planed out in storyboard form. and then in quick bursts jots it all down on to his computer with his wacom pen. Hes a pretty fantastic Director. all his stuff looks amazing. But he is also quite a character.

Oh yeah. and seeing that stuff on the screen is like a warm fuzzy the size of the sun.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Yeah that's sort of how I feel. I love the animatics. Once their done, I feel like the episode is complete. And i'm just helping the characters out by drawing the guns they need, or the ships they fly in.

Typical fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 28, 2014

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So, in other words...you work in the loony bin. I believe it. I hope it gets crazier.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
get Harmon and the writers artists to freestyle rap battle... maybe throw some shapes. Yeah, do that!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh, man. I hope there are going to be at least some shorts to make waiting easier. Is there a huge backlog planned? Will we have Rick and Morty with no significant breaks between seasons? 52 episodes of Rick and Morty a year? Rick and Morty a whole year every week? Rick and Morty TV? Rick and Morty television channel with Rick and Morty every week, every year, forever Rick and Morty dot tv?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

LostRook posted:

Adult Swim Early Access or Greenlight?

Stretch goal: Rick and Morty Citizens, the MMO experience that's pay to win

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Alan Smithee posted:

Stretch goal: Rick and Morty Citizens, the MMO experience that's pay to win

I kickstarted this at the $2 level, so as a shareholder of this MMO, I have some things we need to talk about.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

boo_radley posted:

I kickstarted this at the $2 level, so as a shareholder of this MMO, I have some things we need to talk about.

I paid $20,000 for the Council of Rick tier reward so my vote supersedes yours :smug:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Alan Smithee posted:

I paid $20,000 for the Council of Rick tier reward so my vote supersedes yours :smug:

Rick-diculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Having seen Harmon getting baked with Doug Benson. This show makes so much more sense to me now.

• Locked thread