Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Met posted:

Pseudo-Cops.

##bombsite B

If you're the scout why'd you get this vote wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ixtlilton posted:

Cool, it's probably Met or if not him whichever of Jam/chaoslord isn't Scout. We can lynch me today and still have a 50/50 tomorrow, but if BHB had any situational awareness this would be a free win.

This post is why I'm preferring Ixt over Jam as the lynch. "We can lynch me today" is just to try to win town points (see how it worked with Jam). He pushes Met who, outside of Ixt, is the person most people have been suspicious of (see also Jams post). If Ixt can convince two people to lynch Met with him, then he survives to LYLO. He was hoping that one of me and Jam claimed scout so he could try to talk the scout into lynching the other with him into a scum victory. Problem is Jam and I are both claiming VT.

The other four of us chose to not claim Scout so I trust that Met is the scout. That means if Ixt flips scum like I'm expecting, we win. If Ixt flips vanilla town, it's Jam. If Ixt flips Scout for whatever crazy reason then we know Met is lying so we lynch him.

Am I missing anything?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Cool, drop the hammer.

##vote: Ixtlilton

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

chaoslord posted:

This post is why I'm preferring Ixt over Jam as the lynch. "We can lynch me today" is just to try to win town points (see how it worked with Jam). He pushes Met who, outside of Ixt, is the person most people have been suspicious of (see also Jams post). If Ixt can convince two people to lynch Met with him, then he survives to LYLO. He was hoping that one of me and Jam claimed scout so he could try to talk the scout into lynching the other with him into a scum victory. Problem is Jam and I are both claiming VT.

The other four of us chose to not claim Scout so I trust that Met is the scout. That means if Ixt flips scum like I'm expecting, we win. If Ixt flips vanilla town, it's Jam. If Ixt flips Scout for whatever crazy reason then we know Met is lying so we lynch him.

Am I missing anything?

Yeah, lynch this guy tomorrow.

##vote Ixtlilton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DO5SeHQa7g

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

:redhammer: This game will be better without Ixtlilton.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
"The bomb has been defused....but at what cost?"

Ixtlilton, Vanilla Town, was killed defusing the bomb, Day 5.

Night actions, etc.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Ixtlilton (3): Met, Philip J. Fry, Ixtlilton
Met (1): Jamuraan

Not Voting (1): chaoslord

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 27th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Philip J. Fry, Vanilla Town, was killed night 5.

Protect a site using either ##Bombsite A or ##Bombsite B. Takes >>1<< vote to protect. Deadline in 24 hours, 24 hour extension upon successful bombsite guess.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Philip J. Fry posted:

If you're the scout why'd you get this vote wrong?

Role blocked on night 1.

##bombsite A

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
So Jam or Chaos. Either of of you want to claim?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
The players chose.... Bombsite A!

The terrorists chose.... Bombsite A!

Deadline is extended.

quote:

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 29th, 2014 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Jamuraan

I'm vanilla town and I stand by my last post. Wasn't Ixt, voting Jam.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's your thoughts, Jam?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

:ghost:

Bout drat time.

:ghost:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

No idea how Fry wasn't the NK on night 4 but it was good to have him the extra day

Met I know you're gonna wait for Jam but if you have any questions for me in the mean time I'll be checkin in from work as often as time allows so ask away

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Met posted:

What's your thoughts, Jam?

I've been giving chaoslord a pass since the beginning since he's a newbie but at this point it's obvious he has to be the last scum.

##vote chaoslord

There's no point making a case, it comes down to your thoughts. I know I'm town and we all know you're town. I can point to instances of Chaos being scummy but overall he's played a logical and safe game, which is why I rarely considered him until now.

Either way you vote, I have to say good job to Chaos for playing well enough to make it to the end with little to no suspicion.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
After going through the thread again and comparing vote histories, I'm pretty confident in my vote for Jam. Chaos did a mighty fine job as appearing less scummy than you if it ends up being him.

##vote Jamuraan

:redhammer:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

You chose well. Phew.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Met posted:

After going through the thread again and comparing vote histories, I'm pretty confident in my vote for Jam. Chaos did a mighty fine job as appearing less scummy than you if it ends up being him.

##vote Jamuraan

:redhammer:

I'll relieve your stress... with my dying breath... I am no longer #1 da best...

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
The last terrorist makes a run for bombsite A, but just as he is finishing typing in the code for the bomb, he gets blown away by the combined forces of Met and chaoslord!

Jamuraan, Scum Roleblocker, was killed Day 6.

The Counter-Terrorists (town) win!

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Questions/comments/feedback regarding open vs close setup, pace of the game, balance, flavour etc. Thanks!

I didn't really use my mod doc outside of distributing roles. The only 'interesting' night actions were quidnose copping Uranus on N1...but quidnose died and would've gotten a town result.

I forgot to ask for a roleblock target on the night that BHB saved Fry, but I let the scum pick a roleblock target and retro-actively applied it...lucky for me scum didn't choose BHB to roleblock.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

We clearly deserved to lose that game, I'm almost disappointed that we won.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Good job met

You're a bitch ixtlilton, a lovely little bitch

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The Science of Suck posted:

Good job met

You're a bitch ixtlilton, a lovely little bitch

And you should've claimed.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
thanks for the game tearshed, i had fun! :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay winner!

Thanks tearshed.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That was fun. I was a little confused about Jam voting for Uranus on N3, but Chaos voted for him too so... whatever. Just went with my instinct there. Could have been the hero of either side tonight.

I started a little interest thread for a much more complicated Mafia. People might be more willing to sign up if some people help start it out, but don't bother if you don't feel like you will be active enough for it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oooh, so close. gg

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Met actually played a confirmable power role fairly well with his shenanigans, but BHB and SoS should've reversed who claimed and who didn't, that was mind boggling. Also just out of curiosity, would I have been killed if BHB hadn't claimed?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Why was I killed night 1!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

Why was I killed night 1!

You were on Jam

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Opopanax posted:

You were on Jam

In retrospect it was a great kill because we for the cop, but also a "confirmed" town status on one of my scum buddies would have been highly beneficial, especially with how lazy Uranus played. However, I didn't feel any real heat on me for most of the game, and I'm fairly certain Quid would have dropped his case on me until maybe D3 if he copped me on N2.

Quid was the only person really keeping the game going so it would have been nice to have him alive if only for that reason.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ixtlilton posted:

Met actually played a confirmable power role fairly well with his shenanigans.

It might've helped not getting me night-killed early on.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Lol my team won despite me playing lovely and self hammering like a bitch so i'm going to be petty and project my shortcomings by telling you all how we should have won. Also i'm going to begrudgingly admit the clear mvp did something well
:frogout:

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

woopie and whatever.

Thanks for running this tearshed. I think the plurality lynch ended up leading to an apathetic town which really killed the pace of the game.

Bombsite voting was a nice little mechanic that could have mattered more if there was more discussion to drag the days out, but with the slow pace and plurality lynches they only served to basically confirm the scout in lylo.

Anyway, thanks for havin me. I'll keep an eye out for your games in the future (as long as it's not plurality lynching :v:)

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I thought plurality would encourage more activity but it didn't turn out that way. I'll use majority for my next game.

Thanks for feedback guys. Comments from spectators are also good!

I'm kicking around ideas for maybe a portal mafia. Something video game. Not dota 2, not tf2.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Ixtlilton posted:

Met actually played a confirmable power role fairly well with his shenanigans, but BHB and SoS should've reversed who claimed and who didn't, that was mind boggling. Also just out of curiosity, would I have been killed if BHB hadn't claimed?

yep

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The Science of Suck posted:

Lol my team won despite me playing lovely and self hammering like a bitch so i'm going to be petty and project my shortcomings by telling you all how we should have won. Also i'm going to begrudgingly admit the clear mvp did something well
:frogout:

This from the guy who didn't claim as a power role before getting lynched. And I was getting lynched anyway, and I was going to eat a kill, so gently caress off you played way worse than I did.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I enjoyed this for my first game. I figure a lot of the vets were probably frustrated at the lack of pace in it but it worked fine for a first time player since it meant there wasn't 30 pages to try to keep straight when I'm still getting my feet wet.

Why didn't Fry get lynched the night Asiina was the lynch?

Also I would definitely play in a portal mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

chaoslord posted:

I enjoyed this for my first game. I figure a lot of the vets were probably frustrated at the lack of pace in it but it worked fine for a first time player since it meant there wasn't 30 pages to try to keep straight when I'm still getting my feet wet.

Why didn't Fry get lynched the night Asiina was the lynch?

Also I would definitely play in a portal mafia.

I actually thought it was a pretty smart kill, Asiina wasn't going to get lynched at lylo if she made it there and she was probably the only person I could've really convinced I was town since we've played a decent number of games together.

• Locked thread