Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I forgot to watch episode two so I'm kinda going into episode three blind. Also I missed the first 15 minutes or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I think the definition of a failed marriage is when you don't even give a poo poo that your partner just discovered you drinking blood with weird mouth-worms.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

His dick fell off.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
If that guys eats the dog I am going to be really upset.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
The first episode held a lot of promise. These last two however have been snore fests. I understand they're trying to set things up for some hopeful explosion of vampire-fuckery but it's taking way too drat long.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Every time I see that kid I just blank out. I do not care about Epharim's dumb bullshit.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

The first book was a slow starter, as well.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

lilspooky posted:

The first episode held a lot of promise. These last two however have been snore fests. I understand they're trying to set things up for some hopeful explosion of vampire-fuckery but it's taking way too drat long.

What are you expecting? fight scenes and poo poo?

I wasn't bored with Ep 2 at all. Sure it may not have had the Hulk rampaging around, but it was pretty interesting with the information and mood it was imparting. I haven't sen this airing episode yet, but so far it's been a really fun show.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
This show has owned thus far. Y'all a.d.d. mofos need to chill.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

His dick fell off.

Wait, now his dick fell off.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

he's an angel now! :v:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's become a Ken doll.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

*tinkle tinkle clunk thud splat* :geno:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Wait, now his dick fell off.

And made a perfectly smooth Ken doll-like mound.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Goth Ken is complete.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Yeah, that was kind of goofy but I think they did it that way more to get the point across than to be realistic.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Just noticed the title of this episode is "Gone Smooth" :v:

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
CDC got a taste.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Okay that last part turned it around (the dude's dick falling off I mean). I like this show.

CVagts fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 28, 2014

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I was very excited for that last scene because I can't loving stand Sean Astin but it seems he may stick around a little longer in the show than he did in the book

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you like the kind of vampires on this show and have already read the books I would suggest the David Wellington "Laura Caxton" series of novels. He does a similar thing where vampires are out and out monsters. His series is set in a world where people know about vampires, they just think they're extinct.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I always felt that one movie that had vampires up in the alaska or wahtever, 30 days of night(?) seemed like it hinted at some really cool vampire history and civilization, but then it went nowhere.

I had fun with the movie however.

I'm going to check out your recc. I always enjoyed the necroscope versions of vampires. Those were kinda cool.

THere was a really brutal vampire book I read a long while ago that had them as some sort of scorpion-tongued ant-like civilization or something and it was super violent and they were pretty alien. It was pretty neat and bloody. I totally forget the title, but I will check when I'm back home in a week.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's... not the reaction I would have if my dick fell off.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

sector_corrector posted:

That's... not the reaction I would have if my dick fell off.

I think the implication is that by the time that happens all you care about is blood, blood and more blood

nopants
May 29, 2004
They made a major mistake by not casting Charlie Day as the lowly rat catcher.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So, this is shaping up real good. By episode 4 they are outright hunting the vampires, and it can only escalates from there. I assume the smug NTSB guy and Health secretary will continue to try and stop them in some convoluted way, but I hope that ends soon.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
The CGI tongue worm during the fight scene looked terrible, but on the other hand, watched a dude flush his dick down a toilet. Guess I'll give it another week.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Oh poo poo, the little kid straight up bitchslapped his dad. Ahahaha.

"What's best for my dad." OWNED

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

If you like the kind of vampires on this show and have already read the books I would suggest the David Wellington "Laura Caxton" series of novels. He does a similar thing where vampires are out and out monsters. His series is set in a world where people know about vampires, they just think they're extinct.

Yeah, needless to say, any vampire book/movie where the vampires aren't monsters that desperately need to suck human blood isn't worth reading. They work best as a sort of supernatural serial-killer analogue. True Blood gets a pass because the whole plot revolves around vampires suddenly not needing to be the human-killing monsters they previously were.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Hot drat, that was some Irreversible poo poo right there at the end (not the tunnel rape).

This seems to be escalating pretty quickly. We get a little more backstory and plot next week, and a little more vampires eating people. I can dig it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

nopants posted:

They made a major mistake by not casting Charlie Day as the lowly rat catcher.
I get the feeling that character is going to do some vampire slaying, and Charlie Day isn't exactly physically imposing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Corey Stoll really is a poor man's Peter Saarsgard.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

What's the difference between the people who died and the 4 who survived? Are the survivors just stronger or some different type?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Vodos posted:

What's the difference between the people who died and the 4 who survived? Are the survivors just stronger or some different type?

The Master left them alive on purpose, don't remember why off the top of my head but in the rockstars case its because he has a :krad: pad to be the vampire king from.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm loving glad they didn't feel we needed to directly see his rotting dick fall off. :barf:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

For a brief second during the cold open, I assumed we were looking at Ephraim due to the wig on the vanity.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Sucrose posted:

Yeah, needless to say, any vampire book/movie where the vampires aren't monsters that desperately need to suck human blood isn't worth reading.

You might like David Wellington's work then. He wrote a pretty neat series of vampire books and the first is available free online.

13 Bullets posted:

I turned my head sideways feeling like I was being crushed in a giant hand—I could see everything normally but I could barely move. Framed perfectly in the shattered safety glass was Lares’ grinning, torn-up face. Rain was washing the blood off his mouth but it didn’t improve his looks. His glasses were ruined, twisted arms of tortoiseshell and cobwebbed lenses. At least one of Webster’s shots had gone in through Lares’ right eye. The white jelly inside had burst outward and I could see red bone in the socket. The other two bullets had gone into the side of his nose and his right cheek. The wounds were horrible, bloody, and definitely fatal.

As I watched they undid themselves. It was like when you run over one of those shatterproof trash cans and they slowly but surely undent themselves, returning to their former shape in seconds. A puff of white smoke in Lares’ vacant eye socket solidified, plumped out into a brand new eyeball. The wound in his nose shrank away to nothing and the one in his cheek might as well have been a trick of the light. Like a shadow it just disappeared.

When he was whole and clean again he slowly took the broken glasses off his face and threw them over his shoulder. Then he opened his mouth and grinned. Every one of his teeth was sharpened to a point. It wasn’t like in the movies at all. It looked more like the mouth of a shark, with row after row of tiny knives embedded in his gums. He gave us a good, long look at his mouth and then he jumped over our car. I could hear his feet beating on the roof and he was all at once on the other side. He hit the ground running, running toward Liberty Avenue.

Things get worse.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

Pron on VHS posted:

I was very excited for that last scene because I can't loving stand Sean Astin but it seems he may stick around a little longer in the show than he did in the book

Gonna cheer when that little weasel vamps out and starves.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Capn Beeb posted:

*tinkle tinkle clunk thud splat* :geno:

loving hell :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drifter posted:

I always felt that one movie that had vampires up in the alaska or wahtever, 30 days of night(?) seemed like it hinted at some really cool vampire history and civilization, but then it went nowhere.

I had fun with the movie however.

I'm going to check out your recc. I always enjoyed the necroscope versions of vampires. Those were kinda cool.

I believe you can read the first Laura Caxton book, 13 Bullets, on Wellington's website.

• Locked thread