Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Also, I don't understand Solomon Crowe's gimmick
https://twitter.com/WWECrowe/status/493460052779749377

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Del Raminos posted:

Also, I don't understand Solomon Crowe's gimmick
https://twitter.com/WWECrowe/status/493460052779749377

Like Sting, except jobber.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Velvet Sky posted:

Attn ladies in wrestling...stop carving yourselves to shreds. Nuff said.

Some Geek posted:

“@VelVelHoller: Attn ladies in wrestling...stop carving yourselves to shreds. Nuff said.” I mean if you are going to subtweet @CandiceLeRae

Velvet Sky posted:

MYOFB!!!!! It was a broad statement!!!!!!

Sure it was...

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

smh at calling other women broads in the year 2014

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

dsriggs posted:

Sure it was...

I love telling people to mind your own loving business at a public tweet.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kenta fitting in

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

rovert posted:

Kenta fitting in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuON5qUkxz0

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why do Japanese wrestlers go buck loving wild for waffles?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Because waffles are delicious.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's like the Seinfeld joke about oranges, but with waffles.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

dsriggs posted:

Sure it was...

Last page had Veda Scott diving off a cage "through" a table from this weekend too. She was also busted open from reports of that show. So there is more than one case of women on the indys bleeding in matches against men.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The most Court Bauer tweet ever

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

The most Court Bauer tweet ever

If it was peak Bauer he'd be slyly inserting himself into these happenings.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Seems to have spoken to Meltzer

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...-weeks-fro-now-

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

whoa I completely forgot about the "terrorists garrote the Undertaker" storyline

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I read that entire link and holy poo poo Dave start a sentence with something besides "We also", "We look at", or "We also look at"

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
You're not supposed to read that part, just skip to _____day's news update.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why does Dave 'hate to' say that? Sounds like fun.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

ICHIBAHN posted:

It's going to bounce the rey hof bio for the 123th straight week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

It's going to bounce the rey hof bio for the 123th straight week.

It's the Dr. Death obit!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

It's probably bad news.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Considering two aren't a lock yet, I just figured he didn't want to say anything until it was confirmed. But if it's really as big as he claims, with Bauer commenting on it too, then I guess he feels he has to.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rovert posted:

Kenta fitting in

I asked someone who speaks Japanese and he said the hashtags are #but #morethanme #funakilovesit

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Luigi Thirty posted:

I asked someone who speaks Japanese and he said the hashtags are #but #morethanme #funakilovesit

Kenta rules

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

OmegaBR posted:

Considering two aren't a lock yet, I just figured he didn't want to say anything until it was confirmed. But if it's really as big as he claims, with Bauer commenting on it too, then I guess he feels he has to.

I wanna know what the gently caress it's about. I'm all :ohdear: about it possibly being WWE pulling the plug on the Network or some poo poo.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

No way they dump the Network this early. Worst thing they'd probably do is take the live PPVs off of there.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

E: ^WWE removes the main draw of the Network, subscriber numbers drop to zero, they wonder what they did wrong.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wanna know what the gently caress it's about. I'm all :ohdear: about it possibly being WWE pulling the plug on the Network or some poo poo.

If they pulled the plug on the Network after only 6 months, after all the money they spent on getting it up, that would be... Something I would totally not be surprised by given their complete lack of long term planning on ANYTHING, now that I think about it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Fauxhawk Express posted:

No way they dump the Network this early. Worst thing they'd probably do is take the live PPVs off of there.

If they took live PPVs off the Network, that'd probably be about as good as dumping it.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
No one gives a poo poo about the original programming on the Network so just stop spending millions of dollars to produce dumb content that nobody watches and lower the fee to like 7.99/month. Now pay me hundreds of thousands of dollars Vince McMahon because I just fixed everything.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 28, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Great White Hope posted:

If they took live PPVs off the Network, that'd probably be about as good as dumping it.

Yeah this is more what I meant to suggest.

I doubt it's that, but you never know. Could be something with TNA in which case I will heave a massive sigh of relief because I don't care about TNA generally speaking.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah this is more what I meant to suggest.

I doubt it's that, but you never know. Could be something with TNA in which case I will heave a massive sigh of relief because I don't care about TNA generally speaking.

Well then have I got some news for you Foochs.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

Well then have I got some news for you Foochs.

I had a lovely night. I now honest to god feel better.

EXCEPT RIP Bryan and Vinny TNA Reviews, which are some of my favorite things ever. Maybe that dude will finish compiling them now? :unsmith:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Crosspost from TNA thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Professor Funk posted:

lower the fee to like 7.99/month

The fee is already astonishingly low, I don't think the issues people have with the Network have anything to do with the price, surely?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

No one gives a poo poo about the original programming on the Network so just stop spending millions of dollars to produce dumb content that nobody watches and lower the fee to like 7.99/month. Now pay me hundreds of thousands of dollars Vince McMahon because I just fixed everything.
It's one thing if it's something like a brief five minute clip of two dudes loving around the warehouse: all you need is two dudes, a couple of camera guys, and decent lighting. You've got all the stuff sitting around anyway and it's a neat little bonus.

But yeah, nobody's subscribing to the network for legends house or whatever the gently caress.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endorph posted:

It's one thing if it's something like a brief five minute clip of two dudes loving around the warehouse: all you need is two dudes, a couple of camera guys, and decent lighting. You've got all the stuff sitting around anyway and it's a neat little bonus.

But yeah, nobody's subscribing to the network for legends house or whatever the gently caress.

Please do not talk about film production when you seem to not know anything about film production. "Decent lighting." Oh yeah, that's super easy, quick, and cheap :rolleyes:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Endorph posted:

Pretty much this. I enjoy the original content, but it's not what enticed me to buy the network, the current PPVs and the opportunity to watch all the old poo poo is.

The only thing that could possibly be a draw in my mind other than that content backlog would be a brand that's self-contained and Network exclusive, kind of like NXT. But I'm pretty sure nobody's going to buy into them trying to do that again after what happened to ECW.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i guess you haven't watched the WWE Archives show because yes it's a guy with a camera in a decently lit warehouse that they clearly make on the cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

oatgan posted:

i guess you haven't watched the WWE Archives show because yes it's a guy with a camera in a decently lit warehouse that they clearly make on the cheap

It's also five minutes long & pretty clearly done on the cheap and quickly in comparison to how WWE Network's look/workflow.