Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Needless to say I finished season 3. I don't really look ahead so I was super surprised when the episode ended and Netflix popped up the next episode was S4Ep1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

muscles like this? posted:

Needless to say I finished season 3. I don't really look ahead so I was super surprised when the episode ended and Netflix popped up the next episode was S4Ep1.

S4Ep1 is also one of my favorite in the series because the first 20 minutes or so feels like a (good) episode of The Walking Dead.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

computer parts posted:

S4Ep1 is also one of my favorite in the series because the first 20 minutes or so feels like a (good) episode of The Walking Dead.

It's been a while since I watched it. That's where Castiel is introduced, right? If so, that episode owns bones.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

It's been a while since I watched it. That's where Castiel is introduced, right? If so, that episode owns bones.

Yep, it's like "whoa there's no one here" and then it's like "what the hell is that sound".

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
All caught up with True Blood! And quicker than I'd expected too; once I got rolling it was pretty easy to get through 6 and what's out for 7. Thoughts:

I'm going to miss Alcide even though his plots were never the greatest. Not so much with Tara, even though she's already shown up again and will probably have a few more crappy scenes before the end. I really think they could have done way more with her character as a vampire, but my hope for the end is she ends up killing her mom somehow.

Eric needs to get that cure and live happily ever after doing his awesome vampire thing :( Bill I don't care much about anymore, same with Sookie. Hoping to have Hoyt come back and get un-glamorized and be buddies with Jason again, him leaving the show really bummed me out at the time.

I've got other thoughts but I'll leave 'em for the True Blood thread. Now on to The Wire!

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Halfway through season 3 of Tales from the Crypt. I might alter my Toxx if we can still do that. I've been marathoning it and I've been getting disturbing dreams. Dreams involving 1980's practical effects, disembodied brains, and ice-cream scoops.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
1/3 of my The Wire Toxx complete, before August which is awesome. Thought it started a little slow but really ramped up in the second half. Really enjoyed the characters (especially Freamon and Prez), and really liked the performance of D'Angelo and Griggs. Was disappointed with how the season ended but it was expected and written that way deliberately; they talked about how the war on drugs never ends. Thought it was really well written, really liked the character development, and it felt like a realistic cop drama which reminds me of True Detective. Going to get through the next two seasons by September, probably be done with the whole series by the deadline.

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010
So i'm finished with my Vikings Toxx.

I really enjoyed it. Badass Vikings who don't take poo poo. Though the story like for the christian monk they took hostage and became the servant to Rothgar's family, and sort of became Pagan himself. That is, until they p. much loving crucified him, but was saved by the king My favorite character has to be Floki though. Him and Helga are adorable and just... when him and Helga got married I was so happy because he basically said gently caress ROTHGAR . It's well paced, too. I've never felt like any of it dragged for me.

I'm going to continue the Vikings toxx with seasons three and four if that's alright.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 31, 2014

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."
Finished all of Avatar. Man. I am so glad I watched it - it ranks right up there with Gargoyles and Batman The Animated Series for me - with bonus Mark Hamill as Fire Lord Ozai!

Blown away by not just the animation and the pacing, but how they manage to balance a storyline with some pretty horrifically dark implications (war, murder, death, revenge, child abuse, batshit insane psychotic sisters) in order to keep it family friendly. It really is a family show - I could watch this with my kids and we'd all still enjoy it.

The only two questions I had with this series were - is Jet actually dead? The show kind of chickened out on this (although they do make it fun of it during the meta "Ember Island Players" episode). And also - Zuko's mother?

Otherwise awesome. Excited for Korra - I'm keeping my expectations in check, but the character design and setting look fascinating.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
1. Jet is dead.
2. Zuko met his mom in one of the tie-in comics. It was really stupid.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 1, 2014

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
2 episodes left in season 7 of Supernatural, so over halfway through my toxx. I am ready to see the guys kick some Leviathan rear end, if only to just get rid of them already. I almost feel like they were in too many episodes this season.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Update for Farscape - finished season 3. drat, that was a doozy, the good kind. Probably some of the strongest stuff from the show yet. There were a few bumps along the way but probably so because of having 22 episode seasons, there obviously were a few that felt undercooked for a good part of the episode. But that's a minor thing considering how much they moved the characters versus the first two seasons. And I liked how they split the cast in two and alternated their stories that all came back fantastically when they were reunited. I'm even more surprised they didn't save their big climatic episodes for the end with a cliffhanger and had more of a slow burn of an episode lead into the finale cliffhanger, which is rare to see these days.

Definitely felt like this season of this show really did involve the writers just doing the absolute best. Parts of the show feel a bit dated (it's hella old by now), but in a broad sense the show feels like it would almost fit right in with some of the top tier stuff these days. It's still a shock to me this show goes under-appreciated for all it does while everyone shouts from the hills that they should watch Firefly instead. No - watch Farscape.

Now onto season 4...

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Right in the middle of Season 5 in Malcolm so far. Kitty (Stevie's mother) divorced Abe and apparently that adds to the plot of a few episodes also Dewie is put in Special Ed, also there was a pretty bland plot in that same episode where Hal and Craig were playing some DDR clone

Sorry if I've been a little bit slow, but I have been sort of busy with a job in retail

Update: Just watched Season 6 Episode 1, and I have to say it's been a great few seasons. It's been nice seeing the whole subplot about how Hal's work place gets basically run to poo poo and where it ends up, even if it does raise a few questions. Also Reese joins and then runs away from the army, but that's pretty minor

Over all it's been really fun

Cockashocka fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 2, 2014

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Alright so I finished my Toxx.

Both Season of Arrow. I rather enjoyed it more than I expected it does feel quite like a comic book even in the different medium which I liked a lot. However it does suffer from the usual CW show trappings poor acting in places, dialogue a stilted every now and then. Still fun though and Stephen Amell proved capable at least for me of carrying the show near single-handedly. The constant references and easter eggs also amused me and I don't know much about the Green Arrow as I haven't read much.

Arrow S2E23: The final showdown is finally here, I didn't quite expect it to go down like this with Slade though I guess it has been a long time coming. Unsurpisingly they don't kill him as what is dead may never reappear so keep those options open. The real star of the show has been the "B" story flashback scenes which have been quite interesting this season culminating in the known reveal that he knew Amanda Waller but more importantly that he did make it back to mainland China and did some work for ARGUS.

Game of Thrones is an interesting show, a large amount of nudity and some weird accents (looking at you Littlefinger). I had already read the first two or three books before watching the show so the big surprise was Season 1 was no surprise at all, however seeing it all visually for the first time definitely did have its impact. Casting Stark as Sean Bean was a great move on their part and also ensures that he does in fact die in everything. The most surprisingly change to me was the with Rob and his wife, they appear to have changed that part drastically and it changes his character some in terms of motives for why he did it.

GoT S4E10: The culmination of this season was a payoff on the long promise that there was more to Bran then meets the eye. Finally we witness true wonder and true ferocity of the white walkers when Bran reaches the tree. It is also the long payoff of how far the imp can be pushed before he pushes back. As the clear anti-hero of the books so far it was quite pleasing to see Tyrion finally repay his father. This episode also ended the war beyond the wall with the helpful soldiers of King Stannis, though it is never mentioned if those are loyal subjects or sellswords that are provided with the help of the Iron Bank. Finally the last of the threads in this episode is that of Arya Stark who finally crosses the hound off her list with the help of Brienne, and finally cashes in her coin to visit the great city of Braavos

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 5, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"Criss Angel is a Douchebag"

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

"Criss Angel is a Douchebag"

Great times on that one. Supernatural has some glorious episodes.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
I was given the special permission to change my toxx from Community to Parks & Recreation.

Sorry, Community fans, I personally found it that intolerable by episode 14.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
At least you've spared yourself the torture of watching what even big fans call "the Abed Jesus episode". And that's early season 2, way before the now-haters think it got really pretentious.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Amy Renee posted:

I was given the special permission to change my toxx from Community to Parks & Recreation.

Annakie, sorry if I'm stepping on your feet here but Amy was really not liking the show and based on exactly what her complaints about the show were I felt if we forced her to watch more of it then she might actually be mentally broken.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I granted her permission to change! Nobody should be forced to watch something they really hate for a fun toxx. :)

Unless that someone's name is Occupation, of course.

Since I haven't checked into my own thread in awhile (ten more days til my life goes back to awesome) I'm like nearly done with my requisite 3 seasons of The West Wing. I needed a break, but I'll probably finish like the weekend after next or something. I'll go through and start marking off finished Toxxes in like two weeks.

If you haven't checked in in the last 3 weeks, check in please. :D

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Amy Renee posted:

Care to elaborate? I know P&R is like vanilla ice cream to Community's rum raisin, but unless you're allergic to raisins, its still ice cream. Don't you like ice cream?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I finished up Season 3 of The Wire and am starting S4. The Omar/Brother Mouzone teamup was cool, even if what they did was a little sad. I knew Stringer was out of the show after S3, I was sort of hoping it was because he successfully got his legitimate business operations off the ground and was out of the life, instead of him getting killed. :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hcreight posted:

I knew Stringer was out of the show after S3, I was sort of hoping it was because he successfully got his legitimate business operations off the ground and was out of the life, instead of him getting killed. :(
Hahaha, that's adorable :3:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Irish Joe posted:

Care to elaborate? I know P&R is like vanilla ice cream to Community's rum raisin, but unless you're allergic to raisins, its still ice cream. Don't you like ice cream?

She found Abed so annoying she wanted to stop. In season one. So watching anything further would have broken her brain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The guy they got to play teenage Dean did a pretty good job.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Wish I'd seen this earlier, I've never watched ST:TOS or Dr Who

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Haven't been checking in like I'm supposed to because I haven't been watching like I was supposed to. But tonight nothing was on so I decided to cozy up with a Domino's pizza and the third episode of Rockford Files.

Naturally I regret the Domino's pizza, but I'm now convinced that Jim Rockford is the coolest son of a bitch to ever grace a TV screen. It's not even a contest, this man is The Standard against which we are all measured. How do I even begin to explain it? Imagine a man with so much "cool" in the tank he can take an rear end whupping and still come out like a million bucks. And if you can't imagine how that works you need to see this loving show and learn for yourself.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I started watching the first episode of Friday Night Lights and then I stopped because it was a Friday evening and I was drinking wine and I got distracted.

That was a month ago and then I started the West Wing and well here we are today.

I'll get around to it sooner or later I promise!

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer

Deadpool posted:

Annakie, sorry if I'm stepping on your feet here but Amy was really not liking the show and based on exactly what her complaints about the show were I felt if we forced her to watch more of it then she might actually be mentally broken.

Yeah, sorry about that, I should've clarified I PMed Annakie and she was cool with it.

And yeah, Abed was nothing more than frustrating to watch.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

The guy they got to play teenage Dean did a pretty good job.

He really did, he had Dean's mannerisms down to a T.

Amy Renee posted:

Yeah, sorry about that, I should've clarified I PMed Annakie and she was cool with it.

And yeah, Abed was nothing more than frustrating to watch.

Oh, man Season 1 Abed is harmless. Watching on would really have broken you, he grows so annoying it is hard to watch for me, and I generally like Community.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Still stuck on Tales from the Crypt season 3. It's really no big thing. I can sit through half a season in one night and it's entertaining. So why is it so hard?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I kind of flew right past my prior commitment so I've decided to tack on the remaining Netflix seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to my Toxx. That will bring me to 8 since the 9th is not available yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of good casting, the guy they got for Alistair 3 did a pretty good job with the voice/mannerisms of the first time you saw Alistair.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I haven't watched a single frame of Twin Peaks for my Toxx yet, but I knew that would be the case until mid-August. I'll check in when I've watched some of it! :)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thinking back on it, the roadhouse stuff in season 2 is kind of weird. Sam and Dean start hanging out there in between hunts for a couple of episodes, then after the 6th episode they stop going there. In the season finale demons burn it down and kill Ash but he was barely in the show so it was hard to care, Ellen plays a big part in the finale but vanishes in the season break. I don't think they even explain where she went.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SUPER glad I'm watching this on streaming and wasn't watching this as it aired because that season 4 finale was some straight up bullshit and gently caress having to wait months for that.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
Haven't been able to watch a lot of the show I toxx'd myself for since I was dealing with school starting up and other stuff. Also haven't really watched much of my show yet since last update. But I do intend on completing my toxx by the deadline. I really wish I'd been able to watch more often.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Still haven't started season 2 of The Wire, but will do so tonight. Goal is again to be through my toxx by September 1st so I can finish the series by the deadline.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WRONG THREAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Just finished season 2 of :lost:. Amazing season finale. The Dharma initiative brings so many questions to the table and several red herrings. The ominous countdown from 108 minutes is an obvious reference to Hindu and Buddhist scripture, in which the number 108 is considered auspicious. What is the purpose of the facility and who began it? (and what is its connection to the Widmore family?) I'm thinking that Desmond's race was intentionally routed near the Dharma initiative, possibly to increase the population size or to introduce more variables to the island. Father Widmore may have some controlling interest in the initiative.

I'm worried I might not finish this toxx as university starts very soon, and I've got quite a few papers to turn in. But I will get as far as I can. Season 3 will be my last for this toxx, but certainly not my last for this show. I'm glad I finally watched it. The entire experience has been thrilling so far, I've many questions (wasn't too surprised Henry Gale (Finch) turned out to be bossman, but incredibly surprised that he let Walt go. What did he use him for, I wonder? And will they truly make it off the island? Gale mentioned that The Others were "the good guys," interestingly enough I don't think a single Other has killed any of the flight 815ers, though the reverse has occurred many times. The children and adults were kidnapped, but I don't believe they were killed. Even Charlie, who nearly died, survived his ordeal. Perhaps, in some perverted sense, they are telling the truth.

Can't wait to see more, though I worry that not all my questions will be answered.

• Locked thread